Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

kiimo posted:

Also Justice Hill is a loving stud.

How do you know? I'm not saying he's necessarily not. But what has he done to show this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Asema posted:

you completely misread my point of that post.

oh i got it just fine i just felt like jumping in and making a mention on that

calm down kawalimus owns tbh

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Over a decade ago there was this guy Derek Abney who I think went to Kentucky. He was a return guy. I remember all these Ravens fans were obsessed with getting him and were like "WE GOTTA DRAFT ABNEY" cause he was so good. And in college he was really good. And what happened? We actually got him. Except that he was a mess here and didn't do anything. I'm sure he really was great in college! But that didn't mean he was going to do any good once he was on our team. The same is true about Hill. He might end up being really a really great option and maybe even another Ray Rice type except without the real bad off field parts. But we don't know that yet. There's no way to know if he's any good yet. But I do want to see him involved more.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Over a decade ago there was this guy Derek Abney who I think went to Kentucky. He was a return guy. I remember all these Ravens fans were obsessed with getting him and were like "WE GOTTA DRAFT ABNEY" cause he was so good. And in college he was really good. And what happened? We actually got him. Except that he was a mess here and didn't do anything. I'm sure he really was great in college! But that didn't mean he was going to do any good once he was on our team. The same is true about Hill. He might end up being really a really great option and maybe even another Ray Rice type except without the real bad off field parts. But we don't know that yet. There's no way to know if he's any good yet. But I do want to see him involved more.

justice hasnt been playing because he's buried on the depth chart, edwards gets the nod at #2 just because he did well last year

in rice's rookie year he was also kinda buried on the depth chart and was only trotted out for 3rd downs

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i don't trust hollywood brown to put up a 1k yard season and the RBs look bad with the o line they have and the between the tackles plays harbaugh wants to run. kawalimus is probably right aside from his thoughts about jalen ramsey. The RB and WR depth chart sucks

kiimo posted:

Okay I'm out. Best the Ravens have looked in years, full of young potential on offense. I'm extremely glad you aren't getting Ramsey who shut down Tyreek Hill last year.

Ravens have entered the AFC arms race and I sincerely hope they try to add more running backs instead of an area of need.

Also Justice Hill is a loving stud.

Ingram looked like t rich for most of the arizona game.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
This is sureal but Kawalimus is right. Justice Hill hasn't proven to be anything yet and our corner problems are about injury. Smith is due to come back soon and Tavon Austin we're committed to long term. If we land a RB that is value added instead of just getting what the line gives them we could be basically unstoppable on offense.

Of course Jalen Ramsey would be a huge upgrade at corner, I'd just rather see those resources spent elsewhere.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Wrong thread

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

I believe he was Kentucky, yeah. Now, Yamon Figurs though

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I really wanna get kawalimus on the "trade a fifth for kalen ballage" hype train

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Sour Diesel posted:

justice hasnt been playing because he's buried on the depth chart, edwards gets the nod at #2 just because he did well last year

in rice's rookie year he was also kinda buried on the depth chart and was only trotted out for 3rd downs

Rice made lots of good plays that year. Also he got hurt and I think missed the last part of the season and playoffs. And just because he had some issues finding the field his first year doesn't somehow make him even potentially Ray Rice! I'm sure there are like 20 other Justice Hills around this year. Some will turn out ok. Some won't. Saying he's great now before he's shown anything is just that weird packer fan stuff where their 3rd string LB is the best in the league like that one post highlighted well.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Rice made lots of good plays that year. Also he got hurt and I think missed the last part of the season and playoffs. And just because he had some issues finding the field his first year doesn't somehow make him even potentially Ray Rice! I'm sure there are like 20 other Justice Hills around this year. Some will turn out ok. Some won't. Saying he's great now before he's shown anything is just that weird packer fan stuff where their 3rd string LB is the best in the league like that one post highlighted well.

ok you may have owned me but dont let it get to your head

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

ravens chat

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
How is K making multiple good points? Even pulling out sick slams on the Packers. What the gently caress is happening?!?!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Sour Diesel posted:

ok you may have owned me but dont let it get to your head

It's ok. I'm not trying to own anyone you're alright :). I really did not expect that post to blow up into something!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Did you watch the preseason? Or OSU games? Or break down the draft RBs? Hill is shifty, quick and tough. He hasn’t done anything yet because he hasn’t gotten touches and I bet that’s because of pass protection. He’s going to be good

Never change Ravens fans you all are the same. Doom and gloom comes so naturally to people from Baltimore

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Cause it's against a horde of dipshits who only check their fantasy football stats

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

kiimo posted:

Did you watch the preseason? Or OSU games? Or break down the draft RBs? Hill is shifty, quick and tough. He hasn’t done anything yet because he hasn’t gotten touches and I bet that’s because of pass protection. He’s going to be good

Never change Ravens fans you all are the same. Doom and gloom comes so naturally to people from Baltimore

I don't watch college football because it bores me. And what does preseason mean? I'm sure Hill has lots of good qualities it just doesn't mean he's going to be a good NFL RB!! Fingers crossed he does.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1175439908795604994

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

kiimo posted:

the ravens fans are not all the same in fact none of us agree with each other about anything

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Sour Diesel posted:

the ravens fans are not all the same in fact none of us agree with each other about anything

I remember during the early Flacco era someone called us a rare "civil war fanbase"

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
Anything AFC North related is good as hell

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
realistically the ravens are probably 2 years out of being actual contenders if the young people pan out but there's a lot to be excited about this year but literally sitting around peeing all over yourself to talk about how maybe jalen ramsey is not good is just fuckin terrible

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also ingram owns where are the saints fans to back this statement up with me

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I have yet to be convinced that Le'veon Bell could be effective behind the trash we're trotting out at lg/center

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i'd be fine with jalen, he's worth the picks but the financial commitment is the stinger

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Asema posted:

also ingram owns where are the saints fans to back this statement up with me

He's pretty good but also in his 9th year. Also kind of surprised he isn't quite 30 yet. But still that's a lot of wear on a RB.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

I have yet to be convinced that Le'veon Bell could be effective behind the trash we're trotting out at lg/center

We've had as bad or worse in the past and been ok. Like in the 00s we had Mike Flynn who was one of the worst players ever I thought(who stuck around for a period of time I mean) but still had ok running games.

God I could not stand Mike Flynn!!

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the corpse of whoever is blocking james hurst from being a starter and skura are really the only problems on the oline but ooof are they really bad problems

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

kiimo posted:

Lots of running backs look good in college. Turns out that doesn't mean much.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Asema posted:

the corpse of whoever is blocking james hurst from being a starter and skura are really the only problems on the oline but ooof are they really bad problems

That's probably part of what really happened with this trade. We were like "Ok we'll give you a first and a second and hurst" and they thought we meant Hayden. But really they'd end up with James!! So we'd still have our triple TE set. But they figured it out.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

kiimo posted:

Doom and gloom comes so naturally to people from Baltimore

To Be Fair,

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Hot take: the Ravens are contenders right now

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

AndrewP posted:

It pains me to say this, but yeah.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Saying he's great now before he's shown anything is just that weird packer fan stuff where their 3rd string LB is the best in the league like that one post highlighted well.

lmao

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

AndrewP posted:

They're played one team that should be relegated and another with a coaching staff that had no idea what they're doing, which they almost lost to. Let's wait and see.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

They're played one team that should be relegated and another with a coaching staff that had no idea what they're doing, which they almost lost to. Let's wait and see.

that’s why it’s a hot take.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I would be more confident in the Ravens' chances if Lamar could throw

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Ravens win the AFC north. That's not even a hot take

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I would be more confident in the Ravens' chances if Lamar could throw

That take is colder than frozen dog poo poo. The man throws good now. It's football fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Lots of running backs look good in college. Turns out that doesn't mean much.

Why you specifically look good matters to me. It's not for sure or anything but Hill's elusiveness in tight space combined with his toughness are the ingredients I look for and it reminds me of Dalvin Cook