Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hill is going to move himself up behind Ingram before the end of the year you can go ahead and quote me on that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That's probably true. Makes me sad, I love the Gus Bus. Anytime he hits a defender he pushes another yard and a half before falling down. Too bad he usually hits defenders at the line of scrimmage.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

a patagonian cavy posted:

that’s why it’s a hot take.

It's not a hot take, most of the football world has penciled them in as a top team.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
Random thought: how many people bought AB jerseys for either Raiders or Pats, and what are they going to do with them? (I don’t know if you can buy them immediately or not, maybe the Pats cancelled the print run but I imagine some Raiders fans bought them at least?)

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Fire Safety Doug posted:

Random thought: how many people bought AB jerseys for either Raiders or Pats, and what are they going to do with them? (I don’t know if you can buy them immediately or not, maybe the Pats cancelled the print run but I imagine some Raiders fans bought them at least?)

If I remember right if you got them from the NFL team shops they can be exchanged for another player. No refunds though lol

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Anyone who bought a Pat's AB jersey deserves to be out their $200 bucks.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

AndrewP posted:

Hot take: the Ravens are contenders right now

Hot take: the Ravens’ destiny is to show up on the Patriots’ “Road to the Championship” video

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Asema posted:

also ingram owns where are the saints fans to back this statement up with me

Kawalimus posted:

He's pretty good but also in his 9th year. Also kind of surprised he isn't quite 30 yet. But still that's a lot of wear on a RB.

Kawalimus, if you don't want Ingram, please send him back to us. We miss him.

And he wasn't used a ton in his early years, plus he's shared a lot of time so he doesn't have as much wear as a normal 9th year RB would have.

But we'll take him back.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Fire Safety Doug posted:

Those jerseys will live in the lands where both Atlanta and Carolina have won a Super Bowl.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Fire Safety Doug posted:

https://twitter.com/MichaelRyanRuiz/status/1175447303227936768

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I don’t think the Pats officially sold any AB jerseys so any that exist are custom printed ones meaning that the person spent even more money to get it made.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Vengarr posted:

Hot take: the Ravens’ destiny is to show up on the Patriots’ “Road to the Championship” video

Possible. At least it'd be a more entertaining film than last year's. Did the Chargers even make an appearance? They sure as poo poo didn't in that divisional game.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Silly Burrito posted:

Kawalimus, if you don't want Ingram, please send him back to us. We miss him.

And he wasn't used a ton in his early years, plus he's shared a lot of time so he doesn't have as much wear as a normal 9th year RB would have.

But we'll take him back.

I want him. I just want someone better too. Also I only just realized he played for the Saints. That makes me feel better. Wasn't there an Ingram RB for the Jets also? That's who I thought Ingram was!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I believe the Ravens will beat the Patriots.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol a fake Phillip Lindsay tweeted AB and AB responded with "have Elway call me" and someone saved the screenshot before he deleted it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kawalimus posted:

Also I only just realized he played for the Saints.

:psyduck:

How? But yeah, you've got a good RB, trust me.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Silly Burrito posted:

:psyduck:

How? But yeah, you've got a good RB, trust me.

Because I thought he was some guy who played for the Jets.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

I want him. I just want someone better too. Also I only just realized he played for the Saints. That makes me feel better. Wasn't there an Ingram RB for the Jets also? That's who I thought Ingram was!

Kawalimus posted:

I believe the Ravens will beat the Patriots.

I am being trolled and triggered and very much owned. This post combo has felled me.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Please quit encouraging Sports Bigpeeler

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

kiimo posted:

lol a fake Phillip Lindsay tweeted AB and AB responded with "have Elway call me" and someone saved the screenshot before he deleted it.

I have Raider, Patriot, and Bronco fans in my circle of friends and this is loving amazing watch him get passed around like a game of hot potato. Finally, the reaction has transformed from “hell yes” into “Jesus no.”

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://twitter.com/GehlkenNFL/status/1175518002181214208?s=20

I kinda at a loss for this one. I guess he's just supposed to fall towards the QB but not touch him? I think I'm more irritated about the fine than I am the flag, though.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That take is colder than frozen dog poo poo. The man throws good now. It's football fact.

The issue is that Lamar Jackson isn’t throwing the football in a traditional sense. He’s suspending the ball in the air and moving reality around the football. When they face Belichick and his 1-1-3-2-4 inter dimensional defensive zone backfield that isn’t going to work.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

DariusLikewise posted:

The issue is that Lamar Jackson isn’t throwing the football in a traditional sense. He’s suspending the ball in the air and moving reality around the football. When they face Belichick and his 1-1-3-2-4 inter dimensional defensive zone backfield that isn’t going to work.

Belichek will just cheat and somehow be allowed to play with 21 defenders on the field

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's not cheating, he's exploiting a loophole. 21 is 12 inversed and therefore the same yet arguably fewer by virtue of 1 coming after 2 in 21. As we all know the number 1 has a substantially higher metaphysical presence than the number 2. You're just upset your coach wasn't smart enough to properly play by the rules.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Bend don't break the rules

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Fire Safety Doug posted:

They'll be worth money, given enough time. If anything just for being rare and notorious.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

sweet thursday posted:

Bend don't break the rules

31 nfl coaches: Are you saying we can dodge penalties for too many men on the field?

Belichick: I’m saying when you’re ready, you won’t have to.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

you should be able to have 12 men on the field if the 12th is your head coach

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Sour Diesel posted:

Titans defense will be unstoppable!

Lions with the best DT in the league. A real Jay Bromley.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sour Diesel posted:

worked for the steelers

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i still think a fun rule change they should consider is "able to have a 12th man on the field, but only once a game for one play"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
everyone would use it on the first play on offense and the other team would have to use theirs on defense

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

indigi posted:

everyone would use it on the first play on offense and the other team would have to use theirs on defense

sounds dumb!~ wouldnty you want to use it on the highest leverage play late?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Zyla posted:

sounds dumb!~ wouldnty you want to use it on the highest leverage play late?

if you wait the other team may use it first forcing you to use yours when you didn't want to

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I just think trying to defend 12 guys with only 11 on defense would result in enormous plays almost every time

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Have the Chiefs signed AB yet?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Papa Khan gonna have to get Luchasaurus to come down from AEW and kick Coughlin out.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Have the Chiefs signed AB yet?
Why would they

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

LiquidFriend posted:

Why would they

They’re down a receiver with a similar skill set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I don't think AB's domestic abuse skills are really a match