Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
My (36F) BF(34M) asked me to suck his dick after I told him my mom was in the hospital

quote:

He called me today and asked how I was, I said fine but I had to call 911 for my mom and she's in the hospital. He said "Ok, let me know how it goes. Want to suck my dick?" He wanted some phone sex. I sort of and almost played into it and just realized I was tired and worried about my mom, and got annoyed and I hung up the phone and turned off my phone. I sort of feel guilty, but then again, I don't. What a rude thing to say right after I say something serious.

Am I justified for being mad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Some people just have different love languages

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
phone sex seems like a real bummer to me. like, what are you getting out of it? maybe I’m just too awkward because I also find sexting incomprehensible, but I can’t see how it’s gratifying and doesn’t feel weird and fake and stilted

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

phone sex seems like a real bummer to me. like, what are you getting out of it? maybe I’m just too awkward because I also find sexting incomprehensible, but I can’t see how it’s gratifying and doesn’t feel weird and fake and stilted

My [32F] BF [29M] just recently told me that our sexual activites in our long-distance relationship (sexting, phone sex, camming, picture swaps) doesn't actually do it for him, and hasn't in the 2 years we have been doing it.

quote:

So the title pretty much covers it. We have been long distance and managing, and he used to happily engage in these activities with me. Phone sex, camming, picture swapping, even sexting, he would happily take part in. He seemed relatively happy with these activities and I felt like he was genuinely attracted to me and enjoyed this time togther. But now he tells me that these things "don't really do it" for him. He says they arouse him, but he doesn't use that to get off. And when he does get off, he doesn't do so because he is horny, he just does it. There were several times in our past that I recall him saying he got off to our activities, but since we had a split a couple months ago and recently got back together, he says they never really did.

This is very troublesome to me because it makes me feel unnattractive. It makes me feel as if I can't please him, and that I won't be able to until we see each other, which may not be until May at this rate. I know sex is important in a relationship, but these are the only activities we can engage in at this time, and for some time. Any advice, suggestions, or comments are appreciated.

TLDR; BF says our long-distance sexual activities don't do it for him, and I don't know what to do.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

My roommate blasted me on a very popular subreddit. How do I proceed?

quote:

When I first moved into my apartment, one of my new roommates, Rachel, insisted that nobody else bring anything new into the apartment as she already had the basics covered. At first I assumed it was a nice gesture to save everyone else money and keep things easy for everyone, I quickly learned that wasn't the case. Whenever I would cook she'd come hawking over and just stare at me the entire time I was using the pots without saying a word, just waiting for me to trip up. She forbid us from using any of the thinner forks and knifes, which honestly don't look much different than the rest of them, and any of the white or black plates, which was most of them. When everyone told Rachel we were glad to buy our own set of pans and plates instead she threw an absolute fit and actually started to shout. She said she was here first and there was no more room for anything new, and that we were just trying to cause trouble. I probably should've just put my foot down there, but I wanted to keep the peace in the apartment and not inflame things even more. Rachel staring me down as I cooked seemed a better fate than Rachel shouting at me everytime I used my own, and as a result I started to spend a lot more time eating at my boyfriends, or ordering food instead.

Recently Rachel rounded everyone up again and claimed she saw us using her special things again. I don't know who she thought was behind this or if this even happened. I could've accidentally picked up a fork a slightly less thick than the others by accident while in front of her, but if I did it wasn't conscious. It was a pretty tense and uncomfortable situation than ended when she stormed off.

Sometime later I had a few friends of mine over and one of them was nice enough to bring food for everyone. I didn't stand around policing my friends and telling them to carefully compare widths to the other spoons and forks to make sure they weren't accidentally the wrong ones. This wasn't a slight, and I did not have Rachel in mind at all.

Rachel arrives home during and just stares at us all from the kitchen. She stood there for a good ten minutes before going to her room.

We wake up to every single thing in the kitchen gone, and Rachel standing there waiting for us just to gloat about it. I called her a dick and said she was unreasonable and controlling, then I left for the day. I let a few of my friends know what had happened. You can't imagine my surprise when one of them messages me saying they see Rachel and her incredibly biased account on the front page of reddit and tons of people talking about how right she is for her actions.

I posted a corrected account there (because honestly I'm a little offended to see thousand of people talking about how lovely my friends and I), but it was deleted, so I'm coming here instead.

Obviously, I'm going to break lease and look for a new house to move to, but Rachel and I unfortunately share a lot of mutual acquittance's and I'm concerned that they'll stumble across this story and genuinely think I was petty enough to spite her. I'm a pretty anxious person and this entire thing isn't helping.

I know this is a pretty weird situation, and I'm honestly stumped about what I should do.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Pinecone Sample posted:

My roommate blasted me on a very popular subreddit. How do I proceed?

AITA for removing all the cutlery and dishes in my shared apartment?

quote:

I have always set a pretty basic rule for my roommates, and that is that only I can use a certain set of cutlery and dishes that has special sentimental value to me. All the other cookware, pots, pans, plates, and so on in the house belong to me, but I told them they could feel free to use all of those things rather than have to go buy their own, which would add up to a pretty large amount.

Things worked pretty well at first but over time I caught my roommates (all of them) using my special things. After the third or so time I sat them down and reminded them that this stuff was off limits and wasn't to be used by anyone other than me. They all pleaded ignorance and claimed that they just grabbed whatever their hands found, and I told them to be more careful because it meant a lot to me.

I came home yesterday and found my roommates hosting a few friends of theirs and all of them were using my special bowls and cutlery and nothing else but that. I see no way for this to accidentally happen, they were absolutely trying to bait a reaction out of me, but instead I just went to my room and waited for the guests to leave. After this during the middle of the night I took every pan, pot, knife, fork, bowl and plate and locked them in my room. It took up a lot of space but a point had to be made.

Queue this morning, they wake up and find absolutely nothing available. Queue bitching. Queue tantrums and accusations about me being a "dicklord". I don't give in and tell them that if they can't respect a basic rule they can buy their own poo poo. I'm pretty confident in my decision and expect them to see my point after a good sit down and think, but when I regaled my boyfriend with the details he said everyone was going to think I'm an rear end for good now and I had only created an awkward situation that won't go.

I have no regrets, and I don't think I'm an rear end, but given I lurk this sub a lot I'm curious for your verdict in this matter. AITA?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
if you have special dishes, keep them separate. it’s unreasonable to tell your roommates to examine all items if they’re undifferentiated in the cupboard

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
AITA for not going easy against a girl during jujitsu competition?

quote:

I think were both the same age im 16 shes like 16-19.

Now first of all this girl is bigger than me, im a guy and only around 5’7 while shes around 5’11-6’0. Physique wise were both around the same mass but since she is taller she is naturally bigger, but I knew she was a girl so I know im probably stronger and had advantage even if she was bigger

Anyways initially I was going easy on her, because I don’t have much experience fighting a girl, I usually spar with only males in my class.

moreover she was pretty curvy or was a girl so I was conscious in where I was grabbing, I especially didnt want to grab her chest area although im only going for her cloth but didnt want to accidentally grab any of her area.

Anyways, I kinda just slacked off although wouldn’t let her do a submission,

I was trying hard not to get hard on, I know im sorry all, I’m a still a growing teenager and probably my first time laying down grappling with a female my age and she was pretty cute too, so I naturally was... you know what I mean.

But during our first match up I noticed she was getting tired because she was struggling/putting in alot of effort just to move me or submit me, I just gave in and allowed her to submit me.

Anyways while she stood up she taunted me saying “Losing to a girl, pathetic”, her parents or maybe friends or people spectating were cheering for her while also taunting me, I just smiled.

There was a-lot of people spectating such as parents, coach. Anyways during break my coach told me not to go easy on her just cause she was a girl, and also he heard the girl taunt me.

Im just gonna speed this summary up but anyways next few set against her I won I would say pretty easily consecutively when I tried, but I was getting a-lot of hate from crowd even though initially they were insulting me.

Do you guys think its rear end in a top hat for me to not go easy on her or I should have let her win? I was going to let her win the whole thing cause I felt bad but my coach/instructor told me not to lose or else I will face severe consequences such as cleaning the mats, dojo for weeks or month.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

what

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
People really misunderstand prenups. And frankly, If his expensive lawyer is so good, that lawyer should've explained that an openly unfair prenup is grounds to have it entirely chucked and being worse off than having one that is marginally fair.

Overnight Blaze
Mar 7, 2017

Not an rear end in a top hat, just a heel

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for giving harsh conditions that our friend must follow if he wants to move in?

So, my [F24] boyfriend [M26] and I used to live with a friend [M24] of ours. We had problems with him not having his part of rent or bills every month, but he always had a dime bag. He would buy new sheets for the girls he was trying to sleep with, but he had 1/4 of what his rent. I would try to talk to him, but he would laugh and say "okay mom." My boyfriend and I wasted a lot of our money covering for him.

Our friend is someone who works the bare minimum and jumps between living with different family members, because he eventually gets mad and does something stupid they kick him out for. He spends every penny he has because "he's stressed so he's treating himself."

He still comes over to hang out with us at the apartment my BF and I have. My friend and I were close a few years ago, and he got me through a very dark time in my life. His heart is in the right place, but he can't get his life together, no matter how much I try to help him.

He has asked us multiple times if he can move in, but we always say no because we don't want to be put in the same situation we were in a few years prior. Last night, our friend texted me asking if he could move in, as he had almost fought his stepdad and he was talking about kicking him out. I told him if he did move in, there would be conditions.

His stepdad was the last relative he has to live with, as he's screwed up his relationship with pretty much every other relative of his, so I can't help but feel bad because I know he doesn't have other options. But my BF and I are starting to plan our lives together and we are finally financially stable.

When I texted him these conditions, he got mad and acted like it was my fault he wasn't going to have a place to go.

$400 pet fee for your dog before you move in, per apartment rules.
You will pay half of rent total per month, as you will have your own bedroom and bathroom and my boyfriend and I will be sharing one. (about $550 per month for you)
Your name will be on the lease.
All uitilities will be split three ways
You'll need to contribute $40 per month for groceries. If you do, I will cook for three.
Your dog will need to stay up to date on vaccines, flea and tick preventative, and heartworm preventative, as our dog is.
Your dog has to stay in your closed room when no one is home as our bulldog doesn't always get along with other dogs.
If you want to contribute $10 each month, your dog can eat our dog's food. If not, you will supply your own food for him. We have half a medium bag of dog food that our dog doesn't eat anymore that you can have.
AITA for listing these conditions? My BF doesn't think they are too harsh, as he doesn't want our friend to move in, but the part of me that helps people thinks "YTH" because I know he needs help.

Update: We're not letting him move in. Thank you all for being so nice about my uncertainty.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I think the jiu jitsu one is fake.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Pick posted:

People really misunderstand prenups. And frankly, If his expensive lawyer is so good, that lawyer should've explained that an openly unfair prenup is grounds to have it entirely chucked and being worse off than having one that is marginally fair.

Nah

That lawyer understands all of that and when a judge eventually goes "none of this is enforceable" he's planning to be the one charging the OP to fight tooth and nail to keep them, only for those provisions to get thrown out in the end anyway. All of that is part of the plan

Lawyer is the savvy hero in this story, fleecing some rich idiot for their money and assuring that the future-wife gets something approximating a fair shake at the end of the inevitable divorce.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Is it stupid for me [24F] not to go to my friend's [24f] birthday party because my fish is sick and I literally cannot stop worrying?

quote:

Basically I have a 10 gallon tank and one of my fish, my betta, has a horrible and kind of rare disease. It just had symptoms last night and has worsened significantly today. I got him medicine but I don't know if it's too late. I really love this fish and I'm scared he may die.

My friend has a birthday party tonight. I see her and her roommates often and of all her roommates she is the one I'm least close to, I never hang out with her 1 on 1. I have no problem with her at all, we just aren't super close. I already said I wasngoing, but I'm so worried and sad about my fish. I feel like people might think that's a dumb reason not to go, though.

Is it dumb of me not to? She didn't come to me or my boyfriend's birthday parties (she was out of town) so I feel like it's not a huge deal, but I don't know... I want to be able to go look at him often and if he does end up getting really sick and dying at least I'll have been able to see him. I'd hate to go to her party, come home late, and find him dead.

Thoughts? Is this stupid or justified? And if it's justified, how do I say to my friend that I don't want to go because my fish is sick.

tl;dr: Fish has a horrible disease, want to skip friend's birthday party, not sure if that's ok

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

QuarkJets posted:

AITA for hating my MIL peeping in my windows and ignoring her when she does?

I have a mother who would do this but I introduced 3000 miles of distance and now it doesn't happen anymore (which now makes me realize that it was still happening when she lived ~100 miles away, holy poo poo).

I really don't understand this urge to drop by unannounced, even if you're family other people deserve a little advanced notice, just 1 phone call or even a text asking if it would be okay to come over would be fine!

Keep at it and never cave and give her a pop-in visit. She's doing the exact right thing - setting boundaries, communicating them, and sticking to them. Things are going to get worse before they get better; MIL is likely to escalate before giving up if OP is being consistent.

Get some nice opaque curtains and make sure doors are always locked. Honestly if it were me I'd be threatening to call the cops if MIL didn't let up.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

Is it stupid for me [24F] not to go to my friend's [24f] birthday party because my fish is sick and I literally cannot stop worrying?

Please do not get anymore pets, have children, or own good quality stuffed animals.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for giving harsh conditions that our friend must follow if he wants to move in?.

Guy can't pay his rent and splurges regularly on junk and stuff to impress girls.

How is letting him move in even a discussion? Anyone who would call you an rear end in a top hat the perfect response is "then invite him to live with you"

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

pentyne posted:

Guy can't pay his rent and splurges regularly on junk and stuff to impress girls.

How is letting him move in even a discussion? Anyone who would call you an rear end in a top hat the perfect response is "then invite him to live with you"

One of my friends and his wife let a person like that move into their spare room. He basically never paid rent and he still owes them thousands of dollars for damages and other things. I’m amazed they didn’t kill him in his sleep and make it look like a pizza and Mountain Dew related heart attack.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

One of my friends and his wife let a person like that move into their spare room. He basically never paid rent and he still owes them thousands of dollars for damages and other things. I’m amazed they didn’t kill him in his sleep and make it look like a pizza and Mountain Dew related heart attack.

Reddit isn't the place for compassion and sympthay but of all the reasons to gently caress someone over and make their life difficult its when they abuse your home and gently caress with your personal space, belongings, food, and rent/mortgage bill. Having lived with varying roommates for 10+ years the quickest way to generate insane levels of anger and rage is to make me uncomfortable in my home.

Been evicted once before because one deadbeat roommate was chronically late on rent (we all paid the landlord individually) and the landlord said gently caress it and was evicting us to rezone the property for business use.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

pentyne posted:

Reddit isn't the place for compassion and sympthay but of all the reasons to gently caress someone over and make their life difficult its when they abuse your home and gently caress with your personal space, belongings, food, and rent/mortgage bill. Having lived with varying roommates for 10+ years the quickest way to generate insane levels of anger and rage is to make me uncomfortable in my home.

Been evicted once before because one deadbeat roommate was chronically late on rent (we all paid the landlord individually) and the landlord said gently caress it and was evicting us to rezone the property for business use.

And it sounds like this dude has a history of making people uncomfortable in their own homes. Yeah, he hasn’t grown up, because he always has someone else he can go to when he enrages the last person who took pity on him.

I have sympathy for people but anyone who gets kicked out of that many places is just a straight up dick who can’t wrap their head around how they hurt other people.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for giving harsh conditions that our friend must follow if he wants to move in?

With such draconian measures as "pay your share of the rent" and "pay your share of the utilities" how is he supposed to afford weed?!

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

if you have special dishes, keep them separate. it’s unreasonable to tell your roommates to examine all items if they’re undifferentiated in the cupboard

If the bit about her throwing a fit when somebody offered to buy new dishes is true she is a controlling rear end in a top hat who’s trying to provoke conflict.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for pressuring my boyfriend (18M) to go to Las Vegas with me (17F) and my family for my birthday?

For the two and a half weeks my boyfriend has for winter break, he’s going to be going to Colorado for a wedding and then Hawaii with his family and will be back by New Years. We’re long distance and he’s in college so I wanted to go on a vacation with him (and my family) for my birthday since it’s right near New Years.

I wanted to go to Las Vegas since I think it’s manageable considering we’d only have 4-5 days before school starts again. I personally want to go there for the experiences and things to see (the strip with the mnm, hershey, coca cola factory, NY NY rollercoaster, shows -i love cirque du soleil and the blue man group etc, the BUFFETS, and just walking around the hotels in general, I find it very beautiful for some reason).

It’s not like I can go there to drink, gamble, go to clubs, sex clubs etc since I’m no where near 21 and neither is he. On top of that, my PARENTS (asian parents btw) will be there at all times.

When I suggested this idea to my boyfriend, he immediately expressed his great dislike for LV even though he’s NEVER BEEN THERE. He kept going on about how it’s all gambling and drinking and there’s nothing else there to do (which is a very movie/TV based perspective imo). I feel like he doesn’t get an opinion unless he’s been there and experienced it himself.

He said he’d ask his parents about it and they’d most likely say no. A day later, he tells me how his parents said they don’t “support that city” and that it’s all gambling and alcoholism and clubs. Then my boyfriend proceeds to tell me how people say they go there once but end up going back again and again cause of a gambling addiction.

He kept playing victim and saying I’m pressuring him and that he doesn’t want to go there for those “reasons” and keeps saying he wants to go somewhere else but I feel like it’s my birthday and I should be free to pick where I want to go. I would just really like to go somewhere that I WANT to go while having him come along because I want to spend my birthday with him.

He suggests places like Lake Tahoe and says we can ski but I don’t ski, I don’t know how and I’m not too keen on learning how (I live in socal, no snow so I don’t grow up with those things). And it’s not like I would purposely pick some place that I don’t want to go to for MY birthday.

All in all, I just feel like his parents are being so unreasonable considering we’re NOT 21 or anywhere near it (we don’t look 21 either) and he’s legit an adult, so he doesn’t have to listen to his parents but regardless, hes being prejudiced on his own so it doesn’t even matter.

Am I being the rear end in a top hat by “pressuring him”?

tl;tr my boyfriend and his parents both think LV is ALL just gambling and drinking and sex clubs and that I’m pressuring him to go with me (and my parents) even though it’s technically my birthday and he’s an adult.

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

Bless her for having a betta in a ten gallon tank. That's far more consideration than most people give their fish.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for eating a lot at a wedding buffet?

I (17M) eat a good amount of food. Based on my body type and physical activity, I've been eating well over 4,000 calories a day to maintain my current weight.

My aunt got married last weekend in a venue close to my parents' house. It was originally scheduled for the morning, but problems with catering and the venue/DJ meant that they rescheduled it for that evening at the last minute.

This was problematic because I needed to attend my afternoon swim practice that day, as I had only been excused for the morning one. I ended up going to both practices, had to change into my tux right outside the weight room, and drove directly there. I only ate a protein bar during the drive, so I was thrilled to find a well-stocked buffet after the reception.

I loaded my plate, then went back for seconds. I was going to get a third round when my mom pulled me aside. She had been giving me weird looks during the meal, and told me to cut it out, and that if I was still hungry I could make something when we got home.

Now, I would have ordinarily agreed with her, but when we helped chip in for the wedding, we paid for two meals instead of one for me. I ate a good amount, but I doubt it was more than double whatever everyone else was eating.

She eventually gave in and let me get a third serving. I would have eaten more, but she put her foot down. There was still some extra food left once the meal service ended.

Once we left, my mom went on a rant about how I was "making aunt and her fiancee fund my cheat day." I told her that it was the guests paying for the catering, not them, and I wasn't depriving anyone else since I went back for more once most people were done.

I'm not sure if I violated some social norm, but I feel like I was justified. AITA, Reddit?

EDIT: I don't know if this matters, but I was mainly eating chicken and lamb, not veggies or rice/bread. There was still some leftover, though.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for removing all the cutlery and dishes in my shared apartment?
I have always set a pretty basic rule for my roommates, and that is that only I can use a certain set of cutlery and dishes that has special sentimental value to me.
What the gently caress does this even mean? Like, I could maybe understand a mug from a concert or some special china (that you never use, like all china), but...cutlery?

I would also like to see pictures of this ‘special’ stuff, because I’m totally expecting it to be some mass produced Better Homes and Gardens garbage rather than some antique 1800’s stuff from France or whatever.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I (17M) eat a good amount of food

OK which one of you wrote this?

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

my friend has to wrestle a girl around this age and its 100% lose lose. you win youre the douche who beat up a girl you lose and youre the dumb gently caress who lost to a girl.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shes right, Vegas isnt just drinking, gambling, and strippers, it also has barry manilow.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I [33M] mistook my wife’s sister [30F] for my wife [32F] and did something innap. They are being weird towards me now.

So my wife’s sister is staying with us because she’s getting out of a relationship and her husband kicked her out. She came to us instead because we aren’t far from her job like her parents.

Since she’s going to be going through a divorce, my wife wants to help her through it until she gets back on her feet.

Basically, I didn’t know she was coming. So I got home and didn’t know she was in our house, and she was sleeping on the couch like my wife sometimes does. They look very similar and same body type.

So I went by the couch and started touching on her basically, her legs, her butt, boobs remember I think this is my wife so I’m kind of not being discrete here. She woke up when I was trying to take off her pants.

Then she turned around and woke up and said ___... what are you doing? I froze up, and said i thought you were (wife). And she looked at me funny and went to go sleep somewhere else.

She ended up telling my wife, and my wife asked me why I was touching her sister while she slept. Saying how could you think that was me? And are you really that stupid?

TLDR: I touched my wife’s sister while she slept cause I thought it was my wife and they seem to be acting weird towards me. It was 100% not intentional.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thats why you gotta setup thumb unlock for inapp purchases

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I [33M] mistook my wife’s sister [30F] for my wife [32F] and did something innap. They are being weird towards me now.

"I mistook her non-identical, younger sister for her! I swear!"

:murder:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

MagusofStars posted:

What the gently caress does this even mean? Like, I could maybe understand a mug from a concert or some special china (that you never use, like all china), but...cutlery?

I would also like to see pictures of this ‘special’ stuff, because I’m totally expecting it to be some mass produced Better Homes and Gardens garbage rather than some antique 1800’s stuff from France or whatever.

I've got a plate that I've had since I first started living on my own. Definitely feels sentimental, I'd be frustrated if somebody broke it, but there's nothing special about it and I let people use the dang thing.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Pretty much every wedding I've ever been to had enough extra food that it became a logistical question for the wedding party. Let the kid eat what he wants.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Bruceski posted:

I've got a plate that I've had since I first started living on my own. Definitely feels sentimental, I'd be frustrated if somebody broke it, but there's nothing special about it and I let people use the dang thing.

My favorite coffee cup is an oversized Beatles mug (I hate the Beatles) with pretty decent sentimental value; I'd be sad if it got broken but in fairness it's inches from death as it is and I can't imagine I'd be too upset for long. This person is very weird about dishes.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Who wants to get groped while they sleep anyway, let your wife and her sister sleep in peace you creepy poo poo

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Pretty much every wedding I've ever been to had enough extra food that it became a logistical question for the wedding party. Let the kid eat what he wants.

Yeah your experience is exactly the same as mine and everyone else's

Reddit is in a tizzy over how OP ate primarily protein despite the wedding not even running out of those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

DrManiac posted:

If the bit about her throwing a fit when somebody offered to buy new dishes is true she is a controlling rear end in a top hat who’s trying to provoke conflict.

I’d say she’s being unreasonable even if they didn’t offer to buy new dishes. it’s fine to have nice dishes or christmas china or whatever, but it’s absurd to have a full set of table wear (plates, bowls, utensils) that you have mixed in with all the other dishes, but that are only for you to use. if they are special and only for use at special times, then make that clear by separating the dishes to avoid confusion. it’s not realistic to ask your roommates to continually be aware of which specific dishes that are in the general cupboard are off limits, imo.