Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Sour Diesel posted:

shove all this AB nonsense we got some real news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yySG37n7Xo

Finally paid a hooker. Good for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh hey, this is good news for watchable games:

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1175790638874419200

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

gotta protect tommy

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Sour Diesel posted:

Good for EDP

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

https://twitter.com/ShannonSharpe/status/1175806457112977408

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Orlando Brown Jr says thank you

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

My only beef with holding is that it gets called more frequently on running plays than passing plays because it's more obvious to the refs. The heightened risk of a big drive-killing 10-yarder just further punishes running. Make it 5 yards if you hold on a run.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Balls in your court AB

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I hate the Packers stupid bullshit throwbacks.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

is the dolphins fire sale over? i wouldn't mind having albert wilson back

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Doctor Teeth posted:

is the dolphins fire sale over? i wouldn't mind having albert wilson back

If Rosen shows literally anything I wonder if they’ll dump him too.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Dolphins will probably wrap the fire sale after the draft. People don't have the cap space right now

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

ESPN posted:

Now the question becomes how New England handles Brown's departure. The Patriots are expected to withhold the $9 million signing bonus they agreed to pay Brown when he signed; $5 million is due Monday and the other $4 million is due Jan. 15, 2020.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported that Brown will file a grievance Monday to try to recoup that money, setting up a legal battle between the player and the team.

Among other factors, New England will lean on the "representation and warranty" clause in Brown's contract that specifically states: "Player represent warrants and covenance to the club that he will 1) execute in good faith and to the best of his ability all of his obligations to and for the club; 2) he does not and will not participate and is not engaged or will not engage in any conduct or activity that is illegal, unlawful or immoral. And 3) No circumstances exist that would prevent player's continuing availability to the club for the duration of the contract."

However, other NFL sources strongly believe that the Patriots eventually will owe Brown the $9 million. Those sources insist that once a signing bonus is earned, it's earned, and there's no turning back.

I'm assuming these sources are Antonio Brown and Drew Rosenhaus. Maybe our resident forum esquire can weigh in, but that "is not engaged in any conduct that is illegal" clause would seem to trip him up.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Is Rosenhaus going full sunk cost with AB? The next commission off a player known for stiffing people doesn't seem worth it

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Vengarr posted:

I'm assuming these sources are Antonio Brown and Drew Rosenhaus. Maybe our resident forum esquire can weigh in, but that "is not engaged in any conduct that is illegal" clause would seem to trip him up.

To my knowledge he hasn't actually been charged with any crime?

Hard to get past that immoral part unless you really stretch things though. I think that's a weasel word in these type of contracts, it just happens to really apply here.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The disparity between the color of the makeup on Terry Bradshaw's face and Terry Bradshaw's scalp is really disconcerting.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Brown’s side didn’t disclose the failed negotiations before signing the contract, he’s not getting any of the bonus.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Sour Diesel posted:

I haven’t seen an EDP video since probably before the Eagles won the Super Bowl. Did he actually lose weight?

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
AB is human garbage but isn't wrong that the NFL owners are loving slugs and the PA should 100% not accept a new deal that doesn't start to guarantee players contracts.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Kalli posted:

Here's the actual Barstool response to the story:

https://twitter.com/RobertKlemko/status/1175514574650404864

Patriots fans?

Mentally ill?

Racist as hell?

my world, shattered

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

a week later "why are only the rookies getting screwed on holding calls"

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Boston bad, but
https://www.wbur.org/news/2013/11/01/russell-celtics-statue-boston

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

posting Portnoy itt should be a sixer, like a Rivals pun

I'd argue in complete seriousness that this is a good idea.

Asema posted:

anyway why can't I say the n-word or talk about hitting women? - Bill Burr 2019 probably

Burr is actually pretty canny and progressive on the race side. His wife is black, (not that that's ever a guarantee of anything), and he talks a good bit about how his perspective changes based on what they talk about.

But yeah, women are his massive blind spot and it's boring as poo poo. It didn't help that he spent the first 20 minutes of his last special going full-blown YOU CAN'T MAKE JOKES ANYMORE. Part of it's real, part of it's for show, but it's still a massive minus.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Here's the actual Barstool response to the story:

https://twitter.com/RobertKlemko/status/1175514574650404864

Patriots fans are the worst. I hate them.

I'm the worst and I hate myself.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

bill russell is the greatest athlete in boston sports history and it took almost half a century to put that up.

in the words of tommy "tommy point" heinsohn:

quote:

Look, all I know is, the guy won two NCAA championships, 50-some college games in a row, the Olympics, then he came to Boston and won 11 championships in 13 years, and they named a loving tunnel after Ted Williams.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Sep 22, 2019

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

evilweasel posted:

something about AB is much too dark for trump
But are his soles and palms ok?

Vengarr posted:

I saw something similar a few days ago about likely going after the signing bonus, particularly that the NFLPA will support it especially hard cause that’s seemed like the closest thing to an actual guarantee players could rely on.

(If anyone is wondering about the Raiders in all this, there was no signing bonus there)

Anyway: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001057052/article/nfl-meets-with-antonio-browns-second-accuser

quote:

Several players privately voiced their displeasure that the move was made, as Brown had made a positive impression on teammates in a short time. He did things in practice no one else could do.
Patriot Way :smug:

And all the AB tweets posted were deleted :(. Hopefully/presumably someone took screenshots of everything.

Groovelord Neato posted:

bill russell is the greatest athlete in boston sports history and it took almost half a century to put that up.

This. Bill Russell owns and is one of the greatest in all of basketball if not all sports history. He deserved a statue nearly 50 years ago.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Groovelord Neato posted:

Otto Graham is perhaps the best football player ever and he just got a statue in Cleveland this year. He’s been dead for 20 years.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Nm

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 22, 2019

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

bar stool might...be bad

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Is Rosenhaus going full sunk cost with AB? The next commission off a player known for stiffing people doesn't seem worth it

I can't possibly imagine a player either trying to stiff Rosenhaus or being able to pull it off. Dude's a shark, I guarantee he gets his cut before AB gets anything.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
E: wrong thread

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Vengarr posted:

Again he’s innocent until proven guilty. Should a court find him in civil, which is a lower standard than criminal... they could do it...

But it’s more likely they gotta pay + if he’s found guilty they’ll recoup it.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

We have posters on this very forum who embody this.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

E: fart

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Checking in from 49ers-Steelers to say my father-in-law's nee neighbor is Joe Nedney and apparently he's an amazing neighbor who wants to talk anything but football.

He and my FIL talk gardening lol

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Lmao at anyone defending anything AB has done

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

DariusLikewise posted:

What about when AB called out the fact that Robert Kraft consorted with a human trafficker to receive sex and will never be held accountable because he is rich and friends with the president?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DariusLikewise posted:

You know anyone doing that?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Checking in from 49ers-Steelers to say my father-in-law's nee neighbor is Joe Nedney and apparently he's an amazing neighbor who wants to talk anything but football.

He and my FIL talk gardening lol

Panthers and 49ers legend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Last time the Pats started 3-0 they lost to the Bills in week 4. They play the Bills next week.