Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

who's your crawdaddy posted:

I think I'll still throw these 17 yoda fleshlights into a box before I drop them off for return....

Wow too good to stand outside in your driveway and fling them in the general direction of China, huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I bought some dice.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/40000...vg1569167151931
Goatse ring?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Did you try throwing it in the ocean?

That doesn't sound satisfying at all. The batteries in those things are like super tiny

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

RandomFerret posted:

That doesn't sound satisfying at all. The batteries in those things are like super tiny

:lol: in real life.

As a former Xiaomi owner, I know how to get the best out of one's experience, that's all.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

:stonk:

I clicked this so you don't have to. Now my front page is filled with fash poo poo.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

A good proof that china is not actually marxist in any meaningful way.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Duck and Cover posted:

I bought some dice.

Wish has the better deals on dice, for what I've seen. I can get a polyset for $1 or $2 dollars depending.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Thumposaurus posted:

Goatse ring?

Is that an invitation?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

MarcusSA posted:

Anyone have a good link for some decent knock off chucks?

These are on amazon but that brand doesn’t come up on AliExpress.

FRACORA Mens Canvas Shoes Casual Low Top Sneakers Walking Shoes (Black,US11) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RJRSSWV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_YROHDbVBPV66A

I have a friend who bought these and she said they are great but I’d like to get them from AliExpress.

You can search by image on AliX to see if they have any similar products. Otherwise check on dhgate.com, they've got a much wider variety of knock-off clothing.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Bean posted:

Wish has the better deals on dice, for what I've seen. I can get a polyset for $1 or $2 dollars depending.

Nothing really makes me not want to give a site business more then forcing me to login. gently caress that. The prices seem comparable anyway.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Sep 23, 2019

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

cyberia posted:

You can search by image on AliX to see if they have any similar products. Otherwise check on dhgate.com, they've got a much wider variety of knock-off clothing.

Ok cool thanks I didn’t know you could search by image!

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Jerry Cotton posted:

Is that an invitation?

Just like the handkerchiefs of yesteryesr.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

So I bought one of these and am now worried about plugging it into the wall.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32820...qk1569216482119

Is there some sort of reverse power bar that protects my house from crappy electronics

E: has anyone had any interesting bigclive-like experiences with Ali electronics?

a primate fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Sep 23, 2019

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

1.One of the review pics shows the connection is microusb (Imgur fails me now) so just use a different power supply.

2.I had a AE usb charger burn my mains socket a few years ago.:supaburn:

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

The times are changing nostalgia
The times make our memories clearer
Many consumers WILL CHOOSE

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

a primate posted:

So I bought one of these and am now worried about plugging it into the wall.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32820...qk1569216482119

Is there some sort of reverse power bar that protects my house from crappy electronics

E: has anyone had any interesting bigclive-like experiences with Ali electronics?

Might as well just load a RasPi up with ROMs. About as legal but with better curation and less risk of house fires.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I'm looking for a wireless charging pad. Any recommendations?

I crave danger

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

My recommendation is don't buy one from Ali

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

My recommendation is don't buy one from Ali

You missed the danger part

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
My recommendation is don't buy from Ali. It's just USB devices, so there's no danger if you use a proper cable, but of the 3 chargers I bought, one was DOA, one lasted 2 months and one lasted 4 or 5. They are not even cheap.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Buy a Xiaomi, ugreen, or blitzwolf charger. At least one of those companies will make one. It'll be good but likely not that cheap.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

If you really crave danger I'll bet that you'd enjoy just collecting random used Lipo batteries and soldering them to one backpack sized powerbank.

Don't worry about voltage differences or polarity either.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

The original charging pad is 60 bucks. I'm not paying 60 bucks for a little convenience. But apparently the phone does not charge with fake chargers anyhow

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I never got the attraction of paying over three times as much just to avoid popping in a little plastic nub.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

By popular demand posted:

I never got the attraction of paying over three times as much just to avoid popping in a little plastic nub.

I actually had hoped to charge my wifes phone or my watch as well and save on cables

Which is why I thought I could live dangerously but cheap. But I looked, its either slow charging or no charging at all.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

For me it's so I can keep my phone sealed up at all times unless absolutely necessary. I keep a well sealed case on it because I've got a lot of very wet/dusty/etc environments I deal with at work and the less I expose the phone to those the better since I want it to last 2+years. If the thing was micro USB then that'd be another reason because the wear and tear alone is worth avoiding imo.

I fuckin hate micro usb

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
I have multiple variations of deathdaptors ( ©BigClive ) and they are all as dangerous as you might imagine. Each in their own little way.

Shut up Meg fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Sep 23, 2019

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I bought my RAVPower wireless fast-charging pad on Amazon for $15 two years ago; it's still going strong. Name-brand charging pads are cheap as anything and regularly go on sale; Kinja Deals regularly showcases models from Anker and the like for as low as $10.

In other news, this showed up in the freebies today:

"don't shoot" :ohdear:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I'm looking for a wireless charging pad. Any recommendations?

I crave danger

I use Anker ones from Amazon, one of them was only like $14 and works fine. The more expensive one has a higher build quality and I expect it charges faster, but the cheap one doesn't any issues. They use microusb connectors to connect to the wall which are naturally crap, but can't avoid that I guess.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sorry to double post, but hopefully some good news for people -

Chase Freedom has listed their categories for 5% cashback for the final quarter, and in the Department Stores section Ali Express is specifically listed. So if you have that card, or you're in the market for a new one and you regularly use Ali then that's a nice bonus. You can earn up to $75 per quarter on that 5% deal, then back to 1% for everything over/any other purchases. Wish it was in place a month or so ago when I spent a few hundred there.

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

These chargers are working great for me:

US $4.14 13% Off | 10W Wireless Fast Charging Desktop QI QC3.0 Aluminum Charger Pad For XIAOMI MI 9 MIX 2X 3 LG V50 G7 Iphone X XS Max Xperia XZ3
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/oGBHcZ20

These things use a chip designed for the job and a bare minimum of components to support it, I don’t worry about them lighting on fire.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

InvisibleMonkey posted:

Excited about my new ali orders! They're electronics, I know, but they're from the official store of a well-rated brand and juuust expensive enough that I have a good feeling about them.

I'll let you guys know in a couple of weeks if I've been duped.

Still using these without issues btw

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

yeah I've been looking for a slim bracelet that does heartrate tracking but either has no screen or has a screen that will stay blank; the Withings Pulse HR seems about as close as I'm going to get right now to something not overly chunky.

edit: If anyone's looking for headphones/earbuds - I posted this last night elsewhere:

if anyone wants a photo side-by-side just shout.

How are these Haylou's treating you? I'm actually specifically worried about the stupid touch control, but I use them on a train in the morning and my current set of $15 wireless earbuds are literally not loud enough (wtf, I miss the goddamn headphone jack) to hear an audiobook on the train.

I have a set of Skullcandy wired earbuds that have a "touch" control and I loving hate it though, but if it's not too sensitive and isn't constantly going off I'd pretty much never use them, which is fine. Basically I'd much prefer a louder "fuller" sounding one like you say the Haylous are but also much prefer the analog button like on the QCY set.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

charity rereg posted:

How are these Haylou's treating you? I'm actually specifically worried about the stupid touch control, but I use them on a train in the morning and my current set of $15 wireless earbuds are literally not loud enough (wtf, I miss the goddamn headphone jack) to hear an audiobook on the train.

I have a set of Skullcandy wired earbuds that have a "touch" control and I loving hate it though, but if it's not too sensitive and isn't constantly going off I'd pretty much never use them, which is fine. Basically I'd much prefer a louder "fuller" sounding one like you say the Haylous are but also much prefer the analog button like on the QCY set.

I think I still like the mechanical click on the QCYs but I’ve gotten used to the tap placement and timing for the Haylou set now so it’s not such a bother. The H fit my ears better and I get a louder, more enclosed sound from them. I bought the newer H pods with the bigger illuminated charging case (so I have three sets of buds now) and I’m happy with my purchases.

Honestly for the price buy both and pass the less well liked set on to a friend :o:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I've been using literally the cheapest Qi pad I could find and it's working fine, charges the Note9 in about 3-3.5 hours. Looks like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Qi-Wireless-Charger-Charging-Pad-for-Samsung-Galaxy-S6-S7-Edge-S8-S9-Plus/183274352311

For the actual power supply, I got a Blitzwolf PD one, an older version without the type-A output: https://www.banggood.com/BlitzWolf-...ur_warehouse=CN

It works perfectly for more than a year now, and feels very solidly made. Could be just some lead weights, I didn't actually open it.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

If you really crave danger I'll bet that you'd enjoy just collecting random used Lipo batteries and soldering them to one backpack sized powerbank.

Don't worry about voltage differences or polarity either.

So you're saying he should get a job at Tesla?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

/puts on tux

edit: speaking of masks, five weeks ish to halloween; Scary Bird or Cyber Skull..?

Bird mask can still drink a beer while wearing, a big plus point.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33045396224.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33055460437.html

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Sep 23, 2019

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Scary Bird has big Phantom of the Paradise energy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN