Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Kyrosiris posted:

I did not know this, and it makes In-Geom's flavor text make a lot more sense now. Holy poo poo that was a cool read, thanks!
Explains why it's so rare!!! Most annoying item to get every drat season as wizard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Uliana looking pretty good this season! I think I might be the only brave EP Monk on the leaderboards instead of LoN bells.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

exquisite tea posted:

Uliana looking pretty good this season! I think I might be the only brave EP Monk on the leaderboards instead of LoN bells.

i saw a couple a week or so into the season when i was checking out how people were building their bell monks

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I was on the leaderboard but I've probably fallen off by now, got distracted by other games.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

This is my first HC character (pictured with her son, Caleb). I am scared to death every time I log on to play her because I know she will eventually die so I assume that she is already dead. My first GR70 was harrowing, to say the least. Regardless, this has been a fun season so far and as of this post she is still alive and well and P506 and climbing. God Bless.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Is any class able to fit in Cain's set for t16? Surprised there weren't that many builds on b.net or diablofans using it. My understanding is it's only an extra key each rift, and not an extra key per drop? Maybe that's why.

Also I've got a vyr Chan wiz looking to do g100+ stuff. I'll post more in lljk chan when I'm on but doing solo GRs for augments gets boring. P1000, half way augmented.

Thorg
Jan 1, 2007
Thorg hungry! Thorg want eat!

GTJustin posted:

Is any class able to fit in Cain's set for t16? Surprised there weren't that many builds on b.net or diablofans using it. My understanding is it's only an extra key each rift, and not an extra key per drop? Maybe that's why.

During the PTR it had a chance of dropping an extra key per key drop. Was that changed? https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/full-mechanics-of-new-legendary-affixes-incl-bugs-and-a-qol-changes/914
It should work for whatever builds ran Sage's in T13 before they added the belt. Zuni's, Tal's, Sunwuko, etc. A lot of people seem to think Sage's isn't worth running though. Maybe they feel the same about a relatively small chance of 7+ keys.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Thanks for that post, I'll have to craft some and try it myself. I think I can get away with just swapping belt+hat when RG spawns, I'd lose gold wrap and swami but should be fine. Up to 7/8 keys per rift would be sweet, especially since I'm no longer farming for DBs.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I'm playing Raekor Seismic Slam barb, is there any reason to take Berserker Rage? Is that for the IK charge variant only? Icy Veins is kind of sloppy with their guides that cover multiple builds. Also Boulder Toss seems way weaker than Rumble, is that right? The area of effect is way smaller and the damage multipliers from gear are also way smaller.

Cleared GR94 with the build so far without an ancient weapon. Ran out of souls from rerolling.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

WarMECH posted:

This is my first HC character (pictured with her son, Caleb). I am scared to death every time I log on to play her because I know she will eventually die so I assume that she is already dead. My first GR70 was harrowing, to say the least. Regardless, this has been a fun season so far and as of this post she is still alive and well and P506 and climbing. God Bless.
Yeah you have to embrace it. I lost two HC characters this season both in very dumb avoidable ways. Just hope your character at least dies in a way that makes you laugh.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Kheldarn posted:

Did you ever get one?

Update: got one today, on public transit heading into work. Totals before getting: eight Kyro staves, three Quangs, three loving Paddles (I hate these things), four Flying Dragons, one Balance, and two Innas staffs both shittier than the charity Haedrigs.

Now the Pintos bracers are acting all unicorny.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Darkhold posted:

Yeah you have to embrace it. I lost two HC characters this season both in very dumb avoidable ways. Just hope your character at least dies in a way that makes you laugh.

Almost makes me want to play hc. Almost.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The only downside of hardcore is that once you get into it, you'l try going back to softcore and die a few times and realize that it has no stakes or tension compared to HC and you basically can't ever go back. it's like the pill from the Matrix.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Thorg posted:

During the PTR it had a chance of dropping an extra key per key drop. Was that changed? https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/full-mechanics-of-new-legendary-affixes-incl-bugs-and-a-qol-changes/914
It should work for whatever builds ran Sage's in T13 before they added the belt. Zuni's, Tal's, Sunwuko, etc. A lot of people seem to think Sage's isn't worth running though. Maybe they feel the same about a relatively small chance of 7+ keys.

It's still chance at an extra key per drop. I saw larcarus using it on monk, can't remember which build though. He was switching to it just to kill the guardian, might have been running sages for the rest of the rift. I haven't bothered getting a set myself, but there's no real reason not to use it if it fits into your build since it only takes a second to swap once RG has spawned.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Suburban Dad posted:

Almost makes me want to play hc. Almost.
I told my 'killed by a skeleton b/c my child unpaused my game' story not too long ago. My second favorite dumb way is I just got a really good Yang Recurve bow and a second unity ring. I thought 'better take this out for some quick bounties'. Somehow I didn't notice the problem until I got to siegebreaker. He ran out and stomped on my Templar and instantly killed me.

I had forgot I didn't have the unkillable charm on my templar yet. Also I didn't have my cheat death active for my bounty build. I'm not sure if I could have killed him before a second stomp anyway. I sat there confused for a couple of seconds then burst out laughing. Goddamn.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Darkhold posted:

I told my 'killed by a skeleton b/c my child unpaused my game' story not too long ago. My second favorite dumb way is I just got a really good Yang Recurve bow and a second unity ring. I thought 'better take this out for some quick bounties'. Somehow I didn't notice the problem until I got to siegebreaker. He ran out and stomped on my Templar and instantly killed me.

I had forgot I didn't have the unkillable charm on my templar yet. Also I didn't have my cheat death active for my bounty build. I'm not sure if I could have killed him before a second stomp anyway. I sat there confused for a couple of seconds then burst out laughing. Goddamn.

I equip my cheat death as soon as it's unlocked and then i just play HC as though you only get 3 passives. I could never run without the slackline, no siree bob

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Darkhold posted:

I know that I will most likely die due to internet issues. I've already experienced a few instances of lag spikes where I was trying to pick up loot and nothing was happening and then the game quickly caught up. Luckily each time it's happened I was not surrounded by dangerous mobs and my Akkarat's Champion was still active giving me my second cheat death in addition to my passive.

The other thing I've noticed is how I'm thinking more for the future than on any other SC character I've played. I have an entire stash full of sub-70 legendaries so my next character will have them to help in leveling, and 4 (and counting) Gem of Ease all to 25. Also stashes with full sets of gear that I am currently wearing knowing that everything equipped will disappear when she RIPs.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Over the course of the process of trying to find poo poo for Inna's WoL builds, I noticed that I had BiS everything but weapons & amulet for a few Inna's Tempest Rush build. I had never used Tempest Rush prior to this season. So, I filled one out, and holy poo poo I have not had this much fun and entertainment since filling out a Raekor's barbarian build.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

TR with CoE and the cold rune that does a thousand million bazillion damage is pretty fun and surprisingly effective.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is that enough to speed farm T16? RIght now spin to win is kind of barely good enough for that.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

A couple seasons ago before the non-Necro sets were buffed I was clearing GR75s with Inna's TR so I'm sure it could be done now.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Maybe I'll give it a shot on NS if I have all the gear for it. I've been using WW barb with Crimsons right now and it's able to kill elites in < 2s, which is about the speed I'm looking for. Then again I don't suppose it would really feel any different to play from that. I guess you move faster?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

bamhand posted:

Is that enough to speed farm T16? RIght now spin to win is kind of barely good enough for that.

Where I'm at under-geared that I am, I don't think I can get past T12 at the moment, because I'm just too squishy, and I think I still need a few things for damage output (like finishing maxing out a Taeguk, and all the builds for TR recommend rogue/slanderer, I don't have either currently). But, once I get all that poo poo I'm planning on testing it out on T16. I can at least state at the point where I am at right now, it absolutely gets poo poo done quicker than ever. On one big, densely populated open map with a lucky speed pylon in a normal rift, I ended up with a natural multikill bonus just a little over 450.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

gently caress that piece of poo poo WD challenge rift. The build is tedious, and getting mortared to death right at the beginning when trying to get in there for the first soul harvest... which only stacks to 5 because this build is a piece of poo poo as previously mentioned... told me enough. Skipping this one.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
lol what

This one was super easy. Just cast Piranha, cast darts, everything dies.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if it's the zuuni/carnival build you get a huge damage amp from stuff that you hit with your spenders so anything you piranhas is going to get loving destroyed and anything you dont is going to just look at you funny

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

You can't calm the palm! I think with enough augments + paragon I might be able to push this past 110, which is way more than I ever expected from Uliana. Only downside is that the higher up you go the more you need at least 4-5 minutes to kill the RG, and some like Voracity are an instant lose.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Nice! I've never dumped enough time into augmenting / reforging to push past ~GR95. I usually feel finished with things, when I clear the last seasonal chapter.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
If you are using the top builds, you can get past GR100 without any augments and with most of the builds without an ancient weapon.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

More like Yawn, Bells!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Demon Hunters need these.

https://twitter.com/MattFossen/status/1176684772103352320

5er
Jun 1, 2000

bamhand posted:

lol what

This one was super easy. Just cast Piranha, cast darts, everything dies.

'lol what'

Everything is too spread out, everything has loving mortars, the build has bullshit for CHD and the WD is too goddamn squishy.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I dunno, I went into it blind and finished it first try with a minute to spare. Never triggered the cheat death passive. Or does it even use it? In any case I just cast piranhas or haunt if piranha was on cooldown and then darts would kill everything in one hit. Never felt like I was particularly in danger.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

bamhand posted:

I dunno, I went into it blind and finished it first try with a minute to spare. Never triggered the cheat death passive. Or does it even use it? In any case I just cast piranhas or haunt if piranha was on cooldown and then darts would kill everything in one hit. Never felt like I was particularly in danger.

I can tell you it definitely does not have a cheat death passive. I gave it like four tries more and I don't know if you're either evidencing a definite skill gap between us at using a WD, or if you're enviably lucky.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Ok tried it again, to see maybe if it was a fluke. I died once to a flame thrower because I wasn't paying attention.

Are you casing Piranhas on cooldown? I cast that then darts on any elite pack from full screen then darts murder them instantly. As long as something has been hit by Piranhas or Haunt they should do quickly. If not, they will stay alive and be a threat.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

5er posted:

I can tell you it definitely does not have a cheat death passive. I gave it like four tries more and I don't know if you're either evidencing a definite skill gap between us at using a WD, or if you're enviably lucky.
Get 5 stacks of the soul harvest thing, spawn dudes, and right click (haunt) stuff. If you see a lot of ranged guys or an elite piranha them. Use soul harvest on cd. Use the run thing to pick up orbs from molten and also to move faster between stuff.

I logged on d3 for the first time in a few months just to see what was up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HZQupeV2P4

probably don't do whatever I did at the start

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I don't think they use the soul harvest bracers so that doesn't really even help you much. I only cast it when convenient, didn't go out of my way to keep stacks up.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

bamhand posted:

I don't think they use the soul harvest bracers so that doesn't really even help you much. I only cast it when convenient, didn't go out of my way to keep stacks up.
That's true, I had 1 stack for a while at some point I think and the wd really out gears what he's doing so his damage is high anyway.

I didn't read what version he chose but generally using soul harvest a lot is a net benefit and doesn't hurt anything.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I got the CR on my first try. You cast the fetishes, you piranha the dudes, you blow the darts. I think I finished with a minute left to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

I got the CR on my first try. You blow the fetishes, you blow the dudes, you blow the darts. I think I finished with a minute left to go.