Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That shirt pwns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Autism Sneaks posted:

just lol if you wanted Nick on the pod but thought he would "contribute" anything other than one or two slurs and a couple rape jokes. oh and a forced Tom Meyers reference for the real cum heads
That's what I expected and that's what I got.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

xtal posted:

I'm so tired of finding a new podcast at the top of iTunes and having it be a true crime episodic. We're past peak true crime, people, stop doing it. Just listen to MFM and Casefile and shut up.

That said, I desperately need some new podcasts, because I haven't added any to my subscription list in a long time. Can anyone suggest some newer podcasts or ones that are less popular?

Have you tried Sword and Scale OP?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The last time I read about Sword and Scale, he was whining about how he wasn't able to turn it in to a TV show, and it had this funny paragraph in it

quote:

So, remember how I was saying that nobody tells you what you need to do when you join the Entertainment Industry? Well I was lying. I had a conversation with Owen Benjamin back then, who’s been in this industry practically his whole life. Now, yes, I know how polarizing Owen is, and no I don’t agree with everything he says. But I still do consider him a friend, and he’s helped me out with advice on more than one occasion. So, if you have a problem with that kindly gently caress off. Now, as I was saying…

So I googled who that was, and

quote:

Benjamin believes that the transgender rights movement is part of a eugenics program funded by Bill Gates to lower the world population. Benjamin has accused Jesse Thorn of being a "child molester" for having a transgender child. Benjamin has also used many anti-LGBT slurs. Benjamin does not believe in the moon landing.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Imagine having the correct take on Bill Gates but immediately ruining it by mixing it in with a metric assload of TERF poo poo

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Brace seemed a bit more restrained on the most recent trueanon. A little more focused, a little more serious. I think the Ed Buck news (including yet another death) brought him back to reality.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
what a fascinating way to kill your guest's credibility at the end of the latest citations needed

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

liz was absolute right to call out brace and yungchomsky in that new ep, both of them were being proper dickheads to her

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

I like Sword and Scale, but Mike Boudet fuckin suuuuuuucks

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

like that goon that went to a free palestine protest with a two kills/one shot IDF shirt to be ironic

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Lessail posted:

what a fascinating way to kill your guest's credibility at the end of the latest citations needed

what happen

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

The hosts give reasons as to why they think Warren would hire Samantha Power while the guest gives no reason for the opposite and eventually goes "i think she'll listen to her critics on the left"

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

zegermans posted:

like that goon that went to a free palestine protest with a two kills/one shot IDF shirt to be ironic

that owns, did they get knocked out cold by a sucker punch?

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Coohoolin posted:

If you don't like fake British accents you can listen to real ones here, with the SomethingAwful United Kingdom Marxism Thread's very own podcast of shitposty UK politics, episode 5 is just up. Featuring a news recap, a look at the lib dem conference, a VERY special reading series, and our signature guessing game, Comment or Commentariat. The added bonus is that you can harass us all right here on the forums without bothering with twitter.

https://praxiscast.podbean.com/e/episode-5-the-swinter-of-our-discontent/

The accents are fun, but Mr. Dick has no idea what you guys are talking about or what bearing it has on America or Americans.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Lessail posted:

The hosts give reasons as to why they think Warren would hire Samantha Power while the guest gives no reason for the opposite and eventually goes "i think she'll listen to her critics on the left"

this was real funny

it was so bad nima had to jump in to change the subject

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
it's pretty funny how often adam and nima come across as being waaay more informed than their guest experts

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

felix is further developing his cyclical history theorum, the lad is correct

ReapersTouch
Nov 25, 2004

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Anyone listen to Cocaine & Rhinestones? Any good for someone wanting to get more into country music?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Lessail posted:

Which episode is this?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zerilan posted:

Which episode is this?

The latest news brief https://soundcloud.com/citationsneeded

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

gh0stpinballa posted:

felix is further developing his cyclical history theorum, the lad is correct

he successfully applied it to Fortnite in the context of Team Fortress 2 so it checks out

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

Mike Boudet is a "I'm making my own donation site because of censorship on patreon" level chud

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Watching Will playing RE2 on MeansTv and he's s better streamer and gamer than Felix.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
Felix being bad at the few things he actually does is part of the brand

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

each chapo boy is the best at a few things, will is the best at making me remember which one he is

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

ReapersTouch posted:

Anyone listen to Cocaine & Rhinestones? Any good for someone wanting to get more into country music?

I listened to an interview with the guy who does it on Trillbillies and it sounded pretty drat good. Sounds like he's trying to make it interesting, sometimes zooming in on just a particular song, sometimes zooming out to cover longer stretches of individual careers. Also sounds like it's generally covering older country (pre-90s.)

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i listented the to new chapo trap house and the main guy is yaked out on too much cocaine

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Good episode. I'm glad they addressed the whole "WHITE TERROR!!!" poo poo because it deserved to be addressed.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

paul_soccer10 posted:

i listented the to new chapo trap house and the main guy is yaked out on too much cocaine

Majorian posted:

Good episode. I'm glad they addressed the whole "WHITE TERROR!!!" poo poo because it deserved to be addressed.

good name for yayo

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The stuff in the bonus/secret/delayed Trillbillies about the meth house had me rolling pretty hard at work today. good poo poo

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Mike Boudet is a "I'm making my own donation site because of censorship on patreon" level chud

I checked the description of the latest episode after posting that and it unironically used the term 'Beta Orbiters'.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

*extremely will voice* im talking, of course, about

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Zokari posted:

*extremely will voice* im talking, of course, about

*short, wry chuckle*

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'm still subscribed to It Could Happen Here, and they just uploaded an ad for a new podcast called The Worst Year Ever. I know I shouldn't judge it based on the ad, because literally all podcast ads are terrible, they always make the podcast they're advertising sound like unlistenable dogshit. But The Worst Year Ever really seems like their mission statement was "Diet Chapo"

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
did i miss any spicy woke whinging about nick being on chapo

Serf
May 5, 2011

Relin posted:

did i miss any spicy woke whinging about nick being on chapo

not that i saw. although the jewish worker twitter account is mad at cum town and is insinuating that the "dirtbag left" is just nazis

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i thought the subreddit would be freaking out but i couldnt find anything. they get way angrier evrery time amber is wrong

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

TBF that's part of a larger discussion that does involve people using that banner for that stuff and not just the binary of Cum Town Liker vs Cum Town Disliker:

https://twitter.com/MurderBryan/status/1176586816650174466?s=20

https://twitter.com/MurderBryan/status/1176588255216721921?s=20

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

bryan falling for 4chan ops. you hate to see it