Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grymwulf
Nov 29, 2013

What? Was it something I said?

Micromancer posted:

Because taking large things through the Ansiblex network gets you on GSOL's poo poo list. Jump fees are rumored to increase for those on the list by 20x. Ultimately, because I can move a freighter to another system in a ship that doesnt have a jump drive with 3x the cargo load for 1 10/th the price of a JF. Also, what else would you do with it in peacetime if you weren't cool enough to be in the blueshoot ping group?

Late response, but GSOL doesn't maintain a list like that. It is too much effort - LO is so loving cheap in Delve that if it took up less space there would be JF convoys shipping it to highsec. There is really only 1 poo poo list that GSOL maintains, and that is the gently caress widot one, as they have so many idiots fracking their private moons that shouldn't be doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

grymwulf posted:

Late response, but GSOL doesn't maintain a list like that. It is too much effort - LO is so loving cheap in Delve that if it took up less space there would be JF convoys shipping it to highsec. There is really only 1 poo poo list that GSOL maintains, and that is the gently caress widot one, as they have so many idiots fracking their private moons that shouldn't be doing it.

I refuse to accept that Tuzy doesn't have a list.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

grymwulf posted:

Late response, but GSOL doesn't maintain a list like that. It is too much effort

Too much effort? For people who do logistics poo poo on the regular? (And I don't mean space priests). Either it really would be a huge pain in the rear end and GSOL doesn't have as many autists as I would've expected, or said double-secret probation list does exist and fight club rules apply

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

causticBeet posted:

Aren’t you selling like the citadels and ships inside required for maintaining and farming your farming hole? You guys don’t think it’s really like some signal cartel hurrr I found this hole poo poo right?

yes im selling the fit citadel and the stuff inside of it. plus because it's a very good hole i'm tacking a bit onto that

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Jazzzzz posted:

Too much effort? For people who do logistics poo poo on the regular? (And I don't mean space priests). Either it really would be a huge pain in the rear end and GSOL doesn't have as many autists as I would've expected, or said double-secret probation list does exist and fight club rules apply

Shhhhh!! (they'll add you to the list!)

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

grymwulf posted:

The ACL allows for low effort gently caress this guy in particular settings with a lot less effort than you'd think. Getting off the list is rough, but on is possible without much effort.

Maybe I was lied to. Maybe it doesn't exist. Maybe I'd rather not risk pissing off GSOL and find out.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Can confirm that I have a gently caress you ACL that makes refining, industry install costs and market fees very expensive for whoever I put on it :v:

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
Like it was announced to a move op with 250 caps in it with a subcap cover fleet. That cover fleet FC that was also given instructions "If that FAX takes another ansiblex on the way up, you are to tackle and kill it."\

I don't like using isotopes as much as the next miser but it's just not that hard to travel safer and eat the expense yourself instead of making GBS threads on the entire infrastructure.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
If I recall, years ago Zagdul (back then leader of FA) got mad at bunch of dudes using our bridges with a few freighters (or jump-freigters, i dont recall) and almost went to war with an ally over it,

Good times.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
It was like a 3 day war. It was hilarious.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Micromancer posted:

The ACL allows for low effort gently caress this guy in particular settings with a lot less effort than you'd think. Getting off the list is rough, but on is possible without much effort.

Maybe I was lied to. Maybe it doesn't exist. Maybe I'd rather not risk pissing off GSOL and find out.

Why don't you tell the actual gsol director more about how acls work. Gsol directors clearly don't need more work because they're obviously building a palpatine keepstar

If tuzy doesn't like someone enough to put them on a list, it's probably a much darker list. You might even call it black

Wibla posted:

Can confirm that I have a gently caress you ACL that makes refining, industry install costs and market fees very expensive for whoever I put on it :v:

You have much more fun options than that though :P

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

Dalael posted:

If I recall, years ago Zagdul (back then leader of FA) got mad at bunch of dudes using our bridges with a few freighters (or jump-freigters, i dont recall) and almost went to war with an ally over it,

Good times.

Not that my former corp CEO had anything to do with triggering Zagdul. :v:
Man I miss Tigerfish Torpedo, that guy would make a wonderful addition to Goonwaffe.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015

Wibla posted:

You are evil and I love you for that. :norway:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Micromancer posted:

Like it was announced to a move op with 250 caps in it with a subcap cover fleet. That cover fleet FC that was also given instructions "If that FAX takes another ansiblex on the way up, you are to tackle and kill it."\

I don't like using isotopes as much as the next miser but it's just not that hard to travel safer and eat the expense yourself instead of making GBS threads on the entire infrastructure.

For move ops you aren't even eating the expense. Coming back from KQK fuller teams spent hours and hours filling literally thousands of fuel replacement contracts so dudes could be ready roll ASAP before and after move ops. Dudes taking ansiblexes were just being dumb.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Taking an ansiblex also means you're not with the fleet, so it's an additional hassle to protect your dumb rear end if you try to save 1m isk that you don't even have to shell out for yourself by taking an ansiblex.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015

Facebook Aunt posted:

For move ops you aren't even eating the expense. Coming back from KQK fuller teams spent hours and hours filling literally thousands of fuel replacement contracts so dudes could be ready roll ASAP before and after move ops. Dudes taking ansiblexes were just being dumb.

I still have PTSD from that.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Hello eve thread! I have not logged in or paid much attention to this bad game since june, when our fun war was suddenly called off to go defend structures from drifters. I normally quit eve in the summer, but this whole Summer of Hilmar thing did nothing but convince me that CCP has zero clue of what game design is or how to improve the game. Good, the game will die and I can forget about it forever.

I am only posting because I got a notice that I'd been purged / vacationed. I was sad because my eveguy has been in 'waffe forever, and I figured it was just :ccp: losing my ESI token or some poo poo like that. But logging into gsf and checking auth, all my evedudes were still OK.

1. Did atrum or manek or whoever do a purge of people who haven't logged on for 3+ months?
2. Does goonwaffeswarm now have PAP requirements of some sort?
(Other) Did I gently caress something else up? Should I care?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Klyith posted:

Hello eve thread! I have not logged in or paid much attention to this bad game since june, when our fun war was suddenly called off to go defend structures from drifters. I normally quit eve in the summer, but this whole Summer of Hilmar thing did nothing but convince me that CCP has zero clue of what game design is or how to improve the game. Good, the game will die and I can forget about it forever.

I am only posting because I got a notice that I'd been purged / vacationed. I was sad because my eveguy has been in 'waffe forever, and I figured it was just :ccp: losing my ESI token or some poo poo like that. But logging into gsf and checking auth, all my evedudes were still OK.

1. Did atrum or manek or whoever do a purge of people who haven't logged on for 3+ months?

Yeah there was an inactivity purge a few days ago. You got purged if you didn't log into jabber, log into mumble, or make a post in the last 3 months. No PAP requirement, just a sort of cultural integration requirement.

z0r threads save lives!

(Requirements to get into the corp haven't changed, you can just come back whenever.)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Klyith posted:

You broke the secret participation requirments

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Rutibex managed to be literally the only person they were secret from (but actively posting in this thread but not logging into jabber and receiving pings)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I donno, sounds like another guy who didn't know about it and annoyed his employment history is going to look like poo poo. Maybe its a bad policy? :shrug:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Rutibex posted:

I donno, sounds like another guy who didn't know about it and annoyed his employment history is going to look like poo poo. Maybe its a bad policy? :shrug:

Good news: there is now a warning in corp chat that participation in imperium mumble or jabber is a requirement. No longer will goons be caught off guard, unless they don't read corp chat in addition to all the other things they don't read.

grymwulf
Nov 29, 2013

What? Was it something I said?

Jazzzzz posted:

The effort is in wading through the pages and pages of transactions for jump gate fees > 100k isk. The looking into if that character commonly takes jump bridges at that cost level. Then cross reference to pap statistics for that specific character. Then make sure you aren't penalizing producers jumping product from facility to facility. All this, and having to deal with :ccp: ESI bullshit...

The ACL part is the easiest... It is identifying the correct people to punish that is the annoying part. And let's not forget Joe goon finding out their rates are different from everyone else's - then bugging their Corp leadership who then bugs a director who then doesn't want to deal with it so they send it to NomNom...

Having a space job is annoying enough.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Facebook Aunt posted:

Good news: there is now a warning in corp chat that participation in imperium mumble or jabber is a requirement. No longer will goons be caught off guard, unless they don't read corp chat in addition to all the other things they don't read.

That's a good start. I mean sure Goonwaffe corp chat is 100% dead and no one ever uses it for anything, but I'm sure lots of people will see that.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

You're kinda slow, aintcha?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Klyith posted:

I have not logged in or paid much attention to this bad game since june

Rutibex posted:

Nah. Sounds like it's perfect.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Facebook Aunt posted:

On most of my days in corp I'd binge 14 hrs doing whatever and log off with the MOTD still the only text there. So it's not like it would even be lost in scrollback

grymwulf posted:

The effort is in wading through the pages and pages of transactions for jump gate fees > 100k isk. The looking into if that character commonly takes jump bridges at that cost level. Then cross reference to pap statistics for that specific character. Then make sure you aren't penalizing producers jumping product from facility to facility. All this, and having to deal with :ccp: ESI bullshit...

The ACL part is the easiest... It is identifying the correct people to punish that is the annoying part. And let's not forget Joe goon finding out their rates are different from everyone else's - then bugging their Corp leadership who then bugs a director who then doesn't want to deal with it so they send it to NomNom...

Having a space job is annoying enough.

I can appreciate everything you are trying to say here but I know a guy that heard different OK

Also thank you for dealing with the glue that holds everything together, we seriously couldn't have done any of this without you guys.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yeah there was an inactivity purge a few days ago. You got purged if you didn't log into jabber, log into mumble, or make a post in the last 3 months. No PAP requirement, just a sort of cultural integration requirement.

Ah thanks, that makes sense.

Yeah, when I quit eve I totally quit and shut down jabber and everything for a while. Pretty much the only thing I've checked eve-wise for the past few months is the TNT guy Wilhem Actrurus's TAGN blog, and that gave me zero reason to hurry back.

Rutibex posted:

I don't really give a poo poo about what my employment history looks like, I just have warm fuzzies that I've been in goonfleet for 10+ years. Anytime life sucks so much that eve seems like a good idea, 'waffe is there for me. (usually mid-winter in upstate NY) I mostly wanted to be sure that re-joining wouldn't be a problem.

Also by your response I'm guessing you got purged too and are salty about it? The only people I'm angry at are CCP for being such fuckups that I couldn't stand to even log onto the gsf forums for months.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
How can you get a job if your employment history is ruined???

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Klyith posted:

Also by your response I'm guessing you got purged too and are salty about it?

lol I looked backwards in the thread and not only were you purged 3 months ago but you're still mad about it now. someone please tell me this guy never backed down this whole time and didn't rejoin?

also now I'm extra sad that I quit eve like one week too early, because I both didn't see the example of the new 3 month rule and missed out on a grade A meltdown.

CainFortea posted:

Nah. Sounds like it's perfect.

gently caress off mate I have zero problems with the policy

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Klyith posted:

Cool story bro. I wasn't talking to you.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Klyith posted:

lol I looked backwards in the thread and not only were you purged 3 months ago but you're still mad about it now. someone please tell me this guy never backed down this whole time and didn't rejoin?

also now I'm extra sad that I quit eve like one week too early, because I both didn't see the example of the new 3 month rule and missed out on a grade A meltdown.

He made such a fuss about it that afaik he’s blacklisted

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Klyith posted:

Dude you missed his meltdown in real time it was glorious, if he had just shut his loving trap instead of making GBS threads on the auth team he would have been able to sail right the gently caress back in. Good riddance to bad rubbish, imo, he tries to justify it as "I enjoy living in Stain, guys, no really, I really love Stain so much!"

CainFortea's post was directed at Rutibex, who as you know by now is a loving idiot.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Dec 16, 2019

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Oh no not this again

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Rutibex posted:

It's not so much that I love Stain. I love Delve and goonfleet. I just don't like kissing peoples rear end when they do something to annoy me, and specifically me. I know for a fact that you can see how long someone is logged in when you purge them. Whoever did it knew exactly that they were purging someone that logged in that very day, and I have the exact same name here as I do on EVE Online. Very recognizable to anyone who posts on SA.

They whole hierarchy of goonswarm rubs me the wrong way. I have to kiss peoples rear end at work, I'm not going to do it when I'm playing video games for fun :shrug:

Yes. That's exactly it. The Direkkktorate targetted you specifically. It was all hushed hushed and people like me an Klith are plants who got purges for the sole reason to keep the illusion that all of this, wasn't about you. But it really is.

Don't tell anyone but I heard that Mittani personally went over the list until he saw your name and threatened to pull the plug on the whole alliance if you were to stay. A choice was made :shrug:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

R-name posters, the gift that keeps on giving.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Dalael posted:

Yes. That's exactly it. The Direkkktorate targetted you specifically. It was all hushed hushed and people like me an Klith are plants who got purges for the sole reason to keep the illusion that all of this, wasn't about you. But it really is.

Don't tell anyone but I heard that Mittani personally went over the list until he saw your name and threatened to pull the plug on the whole alliance if you were to stay. A choice was made :shrug:

Or it could have been an automated process, some kind of command "If player = pubbie then kick"

I don't know how to program so my line of code is probably wrong

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

He made such a fuss about it that afaik he’s blacklisted

He isn't, though I'm tempted to abuse my new-found privilege.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

The Claptain posted:

He isn't, though I'm tempted to abuse my new-found privilege.

I don't think you need to bother. If staying logged in jabber was too much effort, he'll never bother with the 2 step reapplication process. Too much effort.