Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
If Labour can add nationalising or local councilising the nursery care system I would be on board? Tia from the husband of a nursery nurse wife.

332, possibly the number of nurseries that close each week due to a paucity of funding to pay for the 30 free hours.

Collateral fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Sep 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Corbowns.

Also mega lol @ Boris making GBS threads all over himself and rolling in the poo poo and getting poo poo all over everything in the vicinity and still trying to pretend that he hasn't hosed up.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

About 14 times as many people watching the Corbyn stream compared to the Swinson one.

#libdemfightback

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

OwlFancier posted:

Create a nationalized generic drugs manufacturer to supply medicines for the NHS.

I've been advocating this for ages, in fact I'd go further and nationalise GSK for their research facilities

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

OwlFancier posted:

Restore bus services.

Get in.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

British Project Cybersyn looking good. Just a lever that says "Nationalise".

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Man, Corbyn talking makes it loving hard to to remain pessimistic.

Shame people don't watch these speeches except edited to gently caress on the news with a Political Editor telling you why this is bad.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Tsaedje posted:

I've been advocating this for ages, in fact I'd go further and nationalise GSK for their research facilities

:hai:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm skipping out a bunch of stuff but there's a lot of emphasis on the idea that the goverment and society should work for you not be a thing you are subjected to.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Tsaedje posted:

It would be basically inevitable that public funding for drug research would end up "in house" in this situation meaning it would be cut from GSK.
Also helps ensure a continued UK drug industry, protecting those jobs.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Good man that Jezza
:hmmyes:

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Shame people don't watch these speeches except edited to gently caress on the news with a Political Editor telling you why this is bad.

You're normally a great poster but e: go read PST's post below cause it's a lot better than what I had here originally

Illuyankas fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Sep 24, 2019

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Driving a train looks like fun.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

mehall posted:

It would be basically inevitable that public funding for drug research would end up "in house" in this situation meaning it would be cut from GSK.
Also helps ensure a continued UK drug industry, protecting those jobs.

Yes that's definitely possible, but nationalising existing infrastructure cuts the wait time

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I also missed something out earlier about drugs because I was reading the trade union act rather than listening, something about forcing proprietary drugs at a reasonable price or something I think?

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Rarity posted:

All reporting is currently focused on Untitled Goose Game. There are no other video games until it has been fully mined for memes.

Is there a way to play this on PC yet or is it mobile only for now?

Rides Naked
Jun 4, 2006

Program, Whale, Program

goddamnedtwisto posted:

British Project Cybersyn looking good. Just a lever that says "Nationalise".

Cybersyn was fairly British after all. Step one is just to resurrect Stafford Beer.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
Loved that speech. Was terrified he'd start dancing though

Cracking day, thread!

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I am looking forward to watching this in full with subtitles after the kids are in bed

Talking of which Rarity any luck subbing the podcast? :shobon:

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

OwlFancier posted:

I'm skipping out a bunch of stuff but there's a lot of emphasis on the idea that the goverment and society should work for you not be a thing you are subjected to.

Yeah it's a really good line and when it's delivered like this I can see it having a lot of success on the campaign trail. Despite what the media has always tried to spin it as this sort of simple, straight-talking logic has always been what Corbs does best.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

WhatEvil posted:

It's not on mobile AFAIK - it's on the Switch or you can buy it on the Epic store for PC.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

WhatEvil posted:

Pretty sure it's on the Epic store

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't think watson is on stage for the red flag lol.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dead Goon posted:

Driving a train looks like fun.

The only real plus of the last 40 years living on the Isle of Dogs has been the coming of the DLR, where you can sit at the front and pretend to drive it. People who take those seats and just read or play on their phone should be thrown out like the Nazis in Last Crusade.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

forkboy84 posted:

cheer up fella

if the result is gonna be the same either way why not spend the time cheerful rather than sad? its not like we live in a democracy and can change the outcome (unironically)

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I don't think watson is on stage for the red flag lol.

Is he flinching or sneering?

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

mehall posted:

Pretty sure it's on the Epic store

Ah yeah you're right.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/untitled-goose-game/home

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Do they always sing Jerusalem after The Red Flag, then?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Do they always sing Jerusalem after The Red Flag, then?

Pretty anitsemitic of Jeremy Corbyn to literally steal Jerusalem and put it in the Midlands imo

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

NGL comrades, teared up during the Red Flag even if the singer was off key. loving amazing speech.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

I also missed something out earlier about drugs because I was reading the trade union act rather than listening, something about forcing proprietary drugs at a reasonable price or something I think?

national drugs service :dukedog:

Farage on the BBC (of course) now calling for BSJ to offer his resignation to parliament tomorrow and suggests extension and GE; he knows which way the wind is blowing

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Lmao I was actually welling up at some of that speech. Imagine living in a country where that manifesto was actually delivered...

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
As an American, watching that speech made me really jealous of you guys. That's some grade-A Hope right there.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

why do all the leftwing songs suck so hard compared to like, irish rebel songs?

the english lyrics to internationale especially suck if you compare it to the chinese version

The blood which fills our chest has boiled over,
We must struggle for truth!
The old world shall be destroyed
Arise, slaves, arise!
Do not say that we have nothing,
We shall be the masters of the world!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Is his speech still going?
As there is no link to it on the BBC website here.
I get the international BBC website page, but still should be on the UK politics page

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hentai Jihadist posted:

why do all the leftwing songs suck so hard compared to like, irish rebel songs?

the english lyrics to internationale especially suck if you compare it to the chinese version

The blood which fills our chest has boiled over,
We must struggle for truth!
The old world shall be destroyed
Arise, slaves, arise!
Do not say that we have nothing,
We shall be the masters of the world!

The red flag is much, much better if you take the billy bragg arrangement, it sets it to a marching drumbeat and it sound much more like a call to action.

happyhippy posted:

Is his speech still going?
As there is no link to it on the BBC website here.
I get the international BBC website page, but still should be on the UK politics page

Finished about 5/10 mins ago, just a big clap along right now.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

sebzilla posted:

Is he flinching or sneering?

Watson seems to have a Resting Sneer Face.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Who is it that created the world of humankind?
It is us, the masses.
Everything is for workers,
How can parasites be accommodated!
The most detestable are those poisonous snakes and savage beasts
Eating up our flesh and blood.
Exterminate them all at once,
The red sun will shine all over the globe!

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

forkboy84 posted:

My memory is really really bad apparently.

So, listen, real talk time.

Brexit's my job, it's in my job title. I've been doing one form or another of risk management or project management for companies affected by Brexit for the last 3 years. And it's really stressful, I deal with the poo poo in work, and away from work. I've had to explain that 'no, being more positive about brexit will not magically make things better' in a conference call with DExEU.

I've seen really, really awful predictions, beyond what's in Yellowhammer. Dr David Nicholl's mention of mortality statistics was definitely not a surprise to me.

I take breaks from talking about it, I've even taken work breaks to do volunteer work to feel better about myself for a time, back when we were finalising redundancies. Because focusing on the awful every day, gets depressing, and you need to find ways to deal. There are times I post a lot, times I deal with it a lot, and times I just focus on other things socially, to take a break where I can.

You don't have to be continually negative, you don't have to take whatever small gains, or positive events happen and then look for how to poo poo on them because of your negativity.

You can take a break. You can not drag everyone else down. I don't know what your situation is, but you don't have to constantly post how everything will get worse, and nothing will get better.

It's quite possible it will, but you posting 'i told you so' won't help anyone either.

Please, please stop focusing on the negative, find something positive to enjoy, to feel better about, or find a way to just avoid brexit/uk politics/us politics/whatever is causing this for a while.

PST fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I play games. They are fun and not brexity.

Infact I'm going to set up the wheel and do some laps in Assetto Corsa right nau.