Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Breitbart Reacts

https://twitter.com/BreitbartNews/status/1176477661717311489

quote:

Great way to get yourself unelected.
And I gave more to the Trump 2016 campaign that all other contributions throughout my life.
Look at my handle!
Compromise one little bit and I will switch my vote to communist! Not kidding. If you want to betray me just a bit, I say FU, I'll vote commie and burn it all down.
Big Period .
-
TELL YOU WHAT, IF HOLLYWOOD IN ITS HYSTERICAL ANTI-GUN CELEBRITIES CAN STOP SHOOTING PEOPLE EVERY NIGHT ON TV IT WOULD BE A START. USED TO BE SEVERAL SHOOTING/DEATH A NIGHT HAS THAT CHANGED?
AND IF THEY RETRACT & BUY THE BACK ALL THE VIDEO SHOOTER GAMES, INCLUDING THE STARWARS STUFF IT WOULD BE GOOD. I GET 3 ADVERTS FOR SHOOTER GAMES EVERY TIME I PLAY POKER.
AND IF ROB REINER CAN PROMISE NO MORE MOVIES WITH GUNS OR SHOOTERS OR SHOOTING CONFLICTS.
THAT WOULD SHOW GOOD FAITH EFFORTS IN THEIR STRONGLY HELD BELIEFS.
BUT AS OF NOW, THEY PAY PEOPLE WITH GUNS TO PROTECT THEM & THEY WANT TO LEAVE ME TO THE MERCY OF CRIMINALS. SO UNTIL THAT HAPPENS JUST SHUT UP. NOT GIVING UP MY RIGHT TO GOOD GUNS!
-
President dumpster fire better understand that millions of us held our noses and voted for him in 2020 but we have limits.
-
America is not New York!
The 2nd Amendment clearly states, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!
It is our only right that uses those 4 very plain and very simple words!
Mr. President,
If you try to place ANY infringement on our God given and constitutionally protected right to bear arms, you will not be reelected and America will suffer because ANY DEMOCRAT will be far worse and far more harmful to our republic!
-
Step by step, inch by inch, the democrats pursue there agenda !
-
Boy President Trump is really working hard undo all his voters support. His new national security adviser is another globalist Council of Foreign Relations member and now he is working with a rabid anti 2nd amendment person. Pehew this stinks !
-
Sometimes I think he is too honorable to recognize the snakes that smile in his face while they are all seeking to destroy him.
Hopefully he doesn't realise it is too late on election day, when we all stay home.
-
Dufus needs to understand he might be needing the NRA voter because they are coming for him right now .. to impeach him over this Ukraine Biden debacle. Right now I don’t care what the dems do with Trump he has done nothing but backstab his voters.
-
Bottom line is if MR MAGA erodes the 2nd in anyway he will automatically be worse for America than Obama ever was. It is his legacy to lose !
-
From Trump the Constitutionalist to Trump the Regulator in both prescription drugs and guns. I use both and he won't be getting my vote this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

Strange Poon posted:

How do we allow people like this to just go about their day? Someone like this deserves no peace or peace of mind. Michael Knowles should never be allowed out in public without having something thrown at him.

I'm friends with the person who sprayed him with lavender oil and glitter while he was at UMKC this past Spring. :unsmith:

Unfortunately, she was expelled over it. :smith:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Chilichimp posted:

If that were true, Tucker Carlson already wouldn't have a job.

Carlson is a huge draw prime time host, Knowles is a nobody panelist.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Flesh Forge posted:

Carlson is a huge draw prime time host, Knowles is a nobody panelist.

right, but he's a literal white supremacist who says repugnant poo poo every single night.

If it's possible to "finally go too far for fox news" he'd have hit it long before now.

This dipshit will be back in a few months rehabbing on Laura Ingraham's show.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

It turns out that literal white supremacist content makes a lot of money for Fox News :shrug: Millions of people tune in to Fox just to see White Genocide Is Real, nobody's tuning in to see Michael Knowles

e: I mean maybe, but it'd cost Fox nothing to never have him on again

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Flesh Forge posted:

It turns out that literal white supremacist content makes a lot of money for Fox News :shrug: Millions of people tune in to Fox just to see White Genocide Is Real, nobody's tuning in to see Michael Knowles

e: I mean maybe, but it'd cost Fox nothing to never have him on again

shameless assholes with no compunction are actually kind of rare.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
So, um, I engaged with a conservative friend of mine on FB regarding a post I made about how wages do not keep up with growth, etc, etc. Casually mentioned that the U.S. used to be opposed to WALLS and quoted Reagan. I got more than a few RWM talking points about people wanting "free stuff" and rebutted that. The wall wasn't even central to my point.

I got a post back that the Berlin Wall was designed to keep people IN and not OUT and received a suggestion to "learn my history" and I just...died inside.

As if the wall isn't designed to keep Mexican and Central American people IN their respective countries. How in the gently caress am I supposed to engage with this?

The RWM brainwashing and the Fox News was strong with this one. She was my mother's childhood friend and we get along. This woman was a hippy dope smoking biker chick liberal when she baby sat me as a kid and, OK, we're not FRIENDS but I mean....WTF? She said "people want free stuff" and not much else, accused me of "putting words in her mouth" when I tried to ascertain her intent by asking her if she thought Americans were lazy and then said "I'm not a racist homophobe deplorable" when I never TOUCHED on race, sex or Hillary. Like at ALL. My whole post was about wage growth and the lack thereof relating to American productivity, which is fair and a fact.

I don't think I even mentioned Trump.

*checks*

I did not.

It was like a RWM Alexa was spewing words at me and immediately attempting to deflect and project. So I put words in her mouth but somehow a defensive "racist homophobe" got put in there. It's really loving strange and scary. I started this thread a LONG time ago and suggested that this poo poo permeates more than you'd think. It's like arguing with a Conservabot 3000 sometimes. This poo poo WORKS.

"The Berlin Wall was built to keep people IN, not OUT. Learn your history" is supposed to be something I can seriously engage with?

Sorry for the rant and maybe this would be better suited to another thread but the whole "Your'e putting words in my mouth/I'm not a racist homophobe" thing just stopped me in my tracks. What are we even discussing?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I had an interaction like that too recently. I'm pretty sheltered from right-wingers these days, having fled the country back in the Bush years, but I caught up with an uncle on my last trip home and while that went waaaaaay better than expected (he's a retired military IT contractor and his wife is a retired Air Force something, both from Colorado Springs), he included me on a group email and one guy replied all with this weird anger, apropos of nothing in the video he shared. Like the video was Charlie Daniels doing some monologue about "Didja ever see the moon come up over the Great Smokey Mountains... didja ever fish for walleye in the streams of blahblahblah" with some guitar and a montage of flags and national parks. Dude fires back: Thanks for sharing! That was a great video for a great and beautiful country Lets hope we can keep our countries great without the assholes that are trying to bring them down Thanks my friend,

Like how do you get so mad watching a video about all the pretty natural parks in the country? Of course there was a completely unnecessary pledge of allegiance at the end of the video, I guess that got him all fired up but drat, what are you doing with your loving life if that's your response to the video? I dunno, I'm pretty lucky that the worst I have to deal with is people always asking me what's up with Trump and why did people vote for him.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
She's trying to deflect to an argument she's more comfortable with having by claiming she's not a homophobe. It has nothing to do with wage growth and she knows that, somewhere, but it's the same programming over and over and over and over. They see something they disagree with and the entire brainsick talking point soup they've accumulated from years of RWM watching, primed by the constant aggrieved frustration from the talking heads, comes spewing out in an anti-thought flack. I tried to talk to my dad about how lovely the pharmacy job market is right now and how it's impossible to get a job unless you have ten years experience as a manager or completed a specialty PGY2 residency and everywhere is swamped because the schools never slowed down, and all he could say was that I obviously don't have a job because I'm white, hiring is discriminatory against white people and his hospital's pharmacy looks like a Coca Cola commercial. It's thought terminating hate all the way down.

You have to nail them to the wall on the initial point, over and over and over and over again because they cannot think in a straight line for more than a soundbite's time. That's the programming. They aren't used to putting critical thought to things. If they go critical crazy all you can do is just mock them and block them because it won't end.

EDIT: This was in the emergency room checking up on HIS dad, my grandpa, who is well above the usual male life expectancy, survived 5 cancers, recently recovered from a pneumonia and was back in the hospital again because the rehab place they sent him to for recovery saw his X-rays, thought he had a NEW case of pneumonia, put him on abx and hosed up his diabetes medications, and he presented back to the ER within a day because his blood glucose shot up to ~600. This was an incredibly stressful event and that's still what came to mind for him.

Dr. Red Ranger fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Sep 25, 2019

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Bryan Fischer over at American Family Radio goes one step further, earlier in the week he no-poo poo said "Carbon dioxide? It's plant food! The more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, the better! We should have MORE emissions, don't let those Gaia-worshipping heathen liberals tell you otherwise!"

They're just knowingly cheering on the apocalypse by this point and they don't give a poo poo.

You might even say...it's got what plants crave!

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Whatever stops a popular uprising and protects profit. They don't have to care if it's true or not because having a coherent and logical philosophical framework for understanding the world and what happens in it is not, nor has it ever been, the objective. This is the just the schoolyard bully running to the teacher because you hit back writ large.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

You have to nail them to the wall on the initial point, over and over and over and over again because they cannot think in a straight line for more than a soundbite's time. That's the programming. They aren't used to putting critical thought to things. If they go critical crazy all you can do is just mock them and block them because it won't end.

That's more or less what I had to do. I was like "wait. what? I'm talking about income disparity and how this 'booming economy' is not working for us so let's back up and address the links I posted that factually point this out and what I actually said or else...move on"

It was so loving weird.

Like...I just don't even know. I was lost before I barely started. Who said anything about gay people, deplorables or racists? What the gently caress are you on about? It was very much like a something a robot would write if it were programmed to respond to a liberal. loving depressing is what it was. It wasn't even a conversation.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I thought Christian Fascists conflated islam and atheism because they think any religion that isn't their specific brand of Christianity is not real, so there isn't a difference between being a Muslim and being an Atheist.

Though really, rounding up Evangelicals and putting them on trial for crimes against humanity seems like a good thing.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

BiggerBoat posted:

That's more or less what I had to do. I was like "wait. what? I'm talking about income disparity and how this 'booming economy' is not working for us so let's back up and address the links I posted that factually point this out and what I actually said or else...move on"

It was so loving weird.

Like...I just don't even know. I was lost before I barely started. Who said anything about gay people, deplorables or racists? What the gently caress are you on about? It was very much like a something a robot would write if it were programmed to respond to a liberal. loving depressing is what it was. It wasn't even a conversation.

It's not you, it's whoever else used that to argue against her previously.

Maybe ask her who told her she's a homophobic deplorable and work outward from there?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Whatever stops a popular uprising and protects profit. They don't have to care if it's true or not because having a coherent and logical philosophical framework for understanding the world and what happens in it is not, nor has it ever been, the objective. This is the just the schoolyard bully running to the teacher because you hit back writ large.

Regarding a popular uprising.

Those rich people bunkers for sale somewhere in the midwest are 100% decommissioned ordinance bunkers and you could get the exact location fairly easily if you looked for a decommissioned depots.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
So, umm, how are they handling the Ukraine impeachment news? I’ve heard rumors that some Republican congressmen have been melting down on TV, but I haven’t seen anything.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

What I've seen from my chudfeed is that the Democrats are stupid for jumping in too soon, before they had information, and that Impeachment is intended for Crimes and Misdemeanors. As Trump is not convicted of any of Crime or Misdemeanor in a court of law, and all the Democrats have is unsubstantiated reports of something that might have happened, don't look into it, Impeachment is unconstitutional.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

winterwerefox posted:

What I've seen from my chudfeed is that the Democrats are stupid for jumping in too soon, before they had information, and that Impeachment is intended for Crimes and Misdemeanors. As Trump is not convicted of any of Crime or Misdemeanor in a court of law, and all the Democrats have is unsubstantiated reports of something that might have happened, don't look into it, Impeachment is unconstitutional.

This is so stupid. "You can't charge a sitting president with a crime, and you can't be impeached unless you've been convicted of a crime!"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

winterwerefox posted:

This is really a great line of argument from conservatives because the whole reason for the shortage of information is because none of trump's admin will comply with any requests for information or subpoenas, period. It's basically "whoa, wait a minute now, you can't charge me with investigate me for any crimes, I haven't confessed to anything!!"

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

winterwerefox posted:

Not sure if Hannity or Limbaugh.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
gently caress them and their "argument" against impeachment. They have no argument it's rationalization after the fact because they'd be against it completely no matter what. There's nothing they would support as long as their orange god continues blessing them with his bigotry.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lycus posted:

This is so stupid. "You can't charge a sitting president with a crime, and you can't be impeached unless you've been convicted of a crime!"

Isn't that why they didnt charge Clinton with rape?

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Can't you impeach a president for pretty much anything if you believe it jeopardizes the safety of the nation? Like various shady legal acts if they may open up the president to blackmail for example.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yup impeachment is political the president doesn't have to commit a crime. even if trump hadn't committed a boatload of crimes all the corruption of traveling to his own resorts and changing the secret service etc is legal for the most part and he should've been impeached for that alone.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Glenn Beck and Pat's response to the transcripts that got released:

"There's nothing there. Absolutely nothing! Nothing at all! Sure Trump said 'Hey maybe you should look into this Joe Biden thing' but the Ukraine president's response was 'Yes we know and we're hoping you'll help with that' so there's nothing there! And besides, this is a transcript, you can't even hear Trump's tone of voice or inflections, maybe when he was on the phone someone handed him a piece of paper and he was confused by all this stuff he hadn't heard of before and he was saying all of it in the form of a question! Who knows!"

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Twelve by Pies posted:

"There's nothing there. Absolutely nothing! Nothing at all! Sure Trump said 'Hey maybe you should look into this Joe Biden thing' but the Ukraine president's response was 'Yes we know and we're hoping you'll help with that' so there's nothing there! And besides, this is a transcript, you can't even hear Trump's tone of voice or inflections, maybe when he was on the phone someone handed him a piece of paper and he was confused by all this stuff he hadn't heard of before and he was saying all of it in the form of a question! Who knows!"
works_on_contingency_no_money_down.jpg

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Twelve by Pies posted:

poo poo like this makes me think of how Michael Cohen described receiving commands from Trump.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
Also important to remember that the WH specifically says this isn't a "word-for-word transcript" regardless of whatever voice transcription software they used

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Biden has to win the primary now or all this effort was wasted.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

mediaphage posted:

Also important to remember that the WH specifically says this isn't a "word-for-word transcript" regardless of whatever voice transcription software they used

The bottom of the first page of the transcript explicitly states that it isn't a transcript.

:shrug:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Relentless posted:

The bottom of the first page of the transcript explicitly states that it isn't a transcript.

:shrug:

Yes. The one released by the White House. I’m not using it to suggest they’ve left out the real poo poo, just that it’s good to keep in mind as ppl quote things.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

BiggerBoat posted:

It was so loving weird.

It's the training. It's a form of gish gallop, they have a memorized list of sound bites and hypothetical questions, and the second they can't answer something you say, they switch topics. My mildly autistic 25 yr old nephew has been cruising reddit or maybe 4chan in all the wrong forums, and a couple holidays ago I got in an argument with him. He was spouting proud boy and stormfront rhetoric. One point was some bullshit about how all welfare should be cancelled because "nobody helped my immigrant family and we thrived" (never mind that he's just disabled enough that he's unemployable and lives with his parents). And the second he couldn't answer my question or refute a fact, he'd switch to saying I "should be against planned parenthood, because they kill more blacks than any hate group", and now we're on to abortion instead of racism. It was insane, but there's a playbook that just infects the mind and trains them to think in this way, and I kind of think it starts with American Christianity and the conscious choice to believe nonsense in the face of facts.

If they can come up with just one excuse or sound bite, no matter how implausible or logically fallacious, it pacifies them into believing really horrible poo poo. The best thing I hit him with was when he started saying genuinely hateful things, I asked him how that belief is compatible with Jesus' teachings. He considers himself a true believer so it really shut him down, I almost made him cry. Then I ratted him out to his mom (my sister) and told her she needs to police what he reads because he's on the road to buying a gun and joining the god drat KKK. The sad part is that he's really a sweet and soft kid, so it was a real shock to hear him going down that path. But I'm working on it.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
The GOP sent out talking points to democrats and tried to recall the email.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

The GOP sent out talking points to democrats and tried to recall the email.

TeNtH dImEnSiOnAl ChEsS.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
lol recalling mail doesn't even work most of the time

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

At first I thought it would be fake talking points to make the GOP look good, but never assume cunning when they gently caress the dog.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Jurgan posted:

So, umm, how are they handling the Ukraine impeachment news? I’ve heard rumors that some Republican congressmen have been melting down on TV, but I haven’t seen anything.

Last night Hannity was saying

(1) the Democrats haven't even seen the transcript and already they're talking about impeachment so they obviously don't care what's in the transcript they just hate Trump
(2) they've been trying to impeach Trump since day 1, they'd impeach Trump for sneezing if they could, so obviously Trump did nothing wrong
(3) how unfair is it that the President can't even have a phone call without someone listening in on it for evidence of crimes!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Has Greg from Fox Force Five getting mad about talking points been posted?

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1176974036657684481?s=19

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Anderson Cooper reacts to to Fox & Friends interview with the WH press secretary has yet to hold a press briefing since taking over in July.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/09/24/ridiculist-stephanie-grisham-white-house-ac360-vpx.cnn

edit:

Also, I've been commuting really early in the morning lately and stumbled upon something called "Coast to Coast AM. It's...uh...really something.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/guest/bean-bill/22520

Not even sure if it's "right wing" or not but it's on the same channel that plays Rush and Sean and those guys. It had aliens, demons, exorcisms, ghosts and a whole bunch of weird callers.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Sep 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Flesh Forge posted:

I wasn't specifically chastising you, but rather the general idea of "debating" flagrant racist bullshit. Even asking "where's the proof this is true"* just invites further propagation of that bullshit, imo it only deserves scoffing and mocking.

*and again, not you in particular but others in the thread did suggest this

Ah, okay, my apologies. It seemed a little strange, because I don't disagree with you and didn't think there was anything in my post which indicated that. In this case, it'd be less of a question to ask them to answer in good faith, and more a good way for you/those who are uncertain to know what was going on.

LloydDobler posted:

It's the training. It's a form of gish gallop, they have a memorized list of sound bites and hypothetical questions, and the second they can't answer something you say, they switch topics. My mildly autistic 25 yr old nephew has been cruising reddit or maybe 4chan in all the wrong forums, and a couple holidays ago I got in an argument with him. He was spouting proud boy and stormfront rhetoric. One point was some bullshit about how all welfare should be cancelled because "nobody helped my immigrant family and we thrived" (never mind that he's just disabled enough that he's unemployable and lives with his parents). And the second he couldn't answer my question or refute a fact, he'd switch to saying I "should be against planned parenthood, because they kill more blacks than any hate group", and now we're on to abortion instead of racism. It was insane, but there's a playbook that just infects the mind and trains them to think in this way, and I kind of think it starts with American Christianity and the conscious choice to believe nonsense in the face of facts.

If they can come up with just one excuse or sound bite, no matter how implausible or logically fallacious, it pacifies them into believing really horrible poo poo. The best thing I hit him with was when he started saying genuinely hateful things, I asked him how that belief is compatible with Jesus' teachings. He considers himself a true believer so it really shut him down, I almost made him cry. Then I ratted him out to his mom (my sister) and told her she needs to police what he reads because he's on the road to buying a gun and joining the god drat KKK. The sad part is that he's really a sweet and soft kid, so it was a real shock to hear him going down that path. But I'm working on it.

There's something to be said here about the value of a singular soundbite/excuse when it comes to cultivating these types of hateful thought patterns. All it needs (in some cases) is to be presented in a relatively entertaining way, or in a manner that seems plausible on its face, and there you go.