Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Saros posted:

What'll happen is the same thing that happened in India when they did the same thing. They'll piss and moan and threaten to sue and whine about how this is destroying them then quietly cave on prices if dropping loads of money on lobbyists doesn't work. It has always worked before though but heres hoping a Corbyn govt would hold firm.

Source - me, the poor bastard who's spent half his working life in Pharma IP.

lol I forgot about that particular piss and moan, it was very satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Nice piece of fish posted:

She's not a very good teacher unfortunately, her school teacher outfit kept falling off, it was hopeless.

Carry On IT Lessons

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
ed: bad post, correctly called out

CGI Stardust fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Sep 25, 2019

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Von Linus posted:

I do really like that. I wonder would pharma companies move to offshore production or not sell in the UK or something. Would they be able.

To be clear the idea is only to produce generics, which are drugs that have passed the 15 year patent window and are therefore available for anyone to sell. Most generics manufacture currently occurs in India but there has been concern lately about quality thanks to a few scandals.

As far as I can tell this isn't a plan to completely disregard pharmaceutical patent law (a thing the Indian government has actually done in response to pharma company extortion, which is why Novartis no longer does any business in India).

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
While we're waiting for Corbyn to not put a bangin' VONC on it, let's read the :decorum: piece where someone over analyses a nice old ladies jewellery again.

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2019/sep/24/say-it-with-a-brooch-how-a-fashion-item-became-a-political-statement

Seems like a strange evolution from a couple of years back when all the papers were ragging on female politicians based on what they were wearing. Improvement, I guess?

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

I met her at DEFCON in Las Vegas a few years back. We've had some interactions on twitter since, as we're both in the IT security field. I don't know anything about her involvement with bojo, but it sucks hearing how the UK tabloids are stalking her and her entire family at the moment.

e: Also wtf is going on with all the slut shaming comments ITT atm?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Rarity posted:

Then why is he still useless with tech?
The technology was his dick. :ssh:

He's still useless with it.

Von Linus posted:

I do really like that. I wonder would pharma companies move to offshore production or not sell in the UK or something. Would they be able.
They will piss pants and moan about it but I doubt they'd trade embargo the UK. It's not like Shijiazhuang Pharma Group isn't state owned and doesn't trade elsewhere.

efb

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

For context the NHS still uses brand names when generics exist. My Mum was frustrated the other day that a pharmacy wouldn't give her her prescription because they "only had the generic in stock." Idiotic pharmacy, or lobbying success story? Place your bets now.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

moostaffa posted:

I met her at DEFCON in Las Vegas a few years back. We've had some interactions on twitter since, as we're both in the IT security field. I don't know anything about her involvement with bojo, but it sucks hearing how the UK tabloids are stalking her and her entire family at the moment.

Yeah the Tabloids focusing too much on the "ooh did they bonk teehee" in order to avoid the criminal element of the dodgy payments.

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Tesseraction posted:

For context the NHS still uses brand names when generics exist. My Mum was frustrated the other day that a pharmacy wouldn't give her her prescription because they "only had the generic in stock." Idiotic pharmacy, or lobbying success story? Place your bets now.

Sometimes there's a good reason like lithium which varies in how it affects the body between brands. A lot of it is cost driven, some brands are cheaper than the generics which does my head in.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

moostaffa posted:

You can't stop me from making fun of that big breasted bleach blond bimbo or the woman giving him Tech lessons.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

moostaffa posted:

Yeah, fully on board with this and sorry for my comment fanning it up :(

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

moostaffa posted:

It's a legitimate question because Boris Johnson may have been sleeping with her in return for illegally funding her business. If it does turn out to be true you have to wonder why he couldn't just stick with paying for high class prostitutes himself instead of splurging public funds to satisfy his bestial urges.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I'm somewhat disappointed this HAIM thing isn't related to the band.

Actually, what if...

quote:

If I could change your mind, I would tell you everything in the book and in order that it would not change you. That I would do it so that I would teach you the way. I would let you go. I would make you mine. They will be taught to you the way you should be taught. I hope that you would not have to go on doing this. The only thing that brings you trouble is me going to the wrong places and making people do wrong things. But I'll make you mine the way I am, you are mine. It would put you in my place if you would just let me lead you.

I could make you mine, make you mine

Meh, not bad. Lyrics are clearly not it's strong suit though.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

EdBlackadder posted:

Sometimes there's a good reason like lithium which varies in how it affects the body between brands. A lot of it is cost driven, some brands are cheaper than the generics which does my head in.
Also with medical devices like EpiPen®s they can work slightly differently between brands which is enough for a pharmacist to say nope, but if you ask your GP to write the most generic thing possible on the prescription, like "300mcg epinephrine autoinjector" then the pharmacist can use their own discretion. (Useful during shortages of the branded ones.)

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah the Tabloids focusing too much on the "ooh did they bonk teehee" in order to avoid the criminal element of the dodgy payments.
Also has her current swing to denying it come from her wanting to be left alone or from the man who has been known to threaten physical violence against sources? That's a massive difference.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

I'll probably have 2 or 3 hours to kill in London this evening, any recommendations for something cool and interesting to do? Other than stand outside parliament and lol, I guess.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

moostaffa posted:

yeah, point taken, sorry

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Still B.A.E posted:

I'll probably have 2 or 3 hours to kill in London this evening, any recommendations for something cool and interesting to do? Other than stand outside parliament and lol, I guess.
London is an enormous city with shitloads of different things to do... It really depends what your mood is.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

moostaffa posted:

i dont dislike boris johnson cause hes a slut i dislike him cause hes a tory

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

moostaffa posted:

I'm sorry but I think anyone should feel shame for having a sexual relationship with Boris Johnson. It's Boris. He's bad. He's a liar, he's a philanderer, he's neither physically nor mentally attractive. You can do better. And by you I mean literally every human being.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Still B.A.E posted:

London's big. Where you going to be?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Flayer posted:

It's a legitimate question because Boris Johnson may have been sleeping with her in return for illegally funding her business

This doesn't mean it's cool to do the typical thing where women in affairs in the media are reduced to sex objects like:

Nice piece of fish posted:

She's not a very good teacher unfortunately, her school teacher outfit kept falling off, it was hopeless.

CGI Stardust posted:

A new, global Britain, capable of competing against such technological giants as *checks notes* Hitachi

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

EdBlackadder posted:

Guavanaut posted:

Also with medical devices like EpiPen®s they can work slightly differently between brands which is enough for a pharmacist to say nope, but if you ask your GP to write the most generic thing possible on the prescription, like "300mcg epinephrine autoinjector" then the pharmacist can use their own discretion. (Useful during shortages of the branded ones.)

Fair, but in this case I am 99% certain she has used the generic before, and the pharmacist did eventually relent the next day.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Rarity posted:

This doesn't mean it's cool to do the typical thing where women in affairs in the media are reduced to sex objects like:
It's just implying they had sex rather than technology lessons. I don't understand why you're offended, it's not saying there is anything wrong with having sex in general.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
loving lmao if we get kicked out of the commonwealth

https://twitter.com/gathara/status/1176555327338274816?s=20

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Tesseraction posted:

lol I forgot about that particular piss and moan, it was very satisfying.

I haven't heard about it before but it'll be good ammo for whenever someone says a national drug factory is unworkable, so where can I read about this? (particularly the pharmacrying?)

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
https://twitter.com/labourwhips/status/1176800535288188928

DCMS is Nicky Morgan

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Flayer posted:

It's just implying they had sex rather than technology lessons. I don't understand why you're offended, it's not saying there is anything wrong with having sex in general.

I don't understand what the Hitachi comment has to do with sex full stop, let alone how it is sexist.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Flayer posted:

London is an enormous city with shitloads of different things to do... It really depends what your mood is.

Vlex posted:

London's big. Where you going to be?

Yes, sorry for not being more specific. Maybe a lesser known museum or something, fairly central. I was going to go to the wellcome collection, but it's only open late on a Thursday.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jose posted:

Boy oh boy I am very horny about this. This is beautiful.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/labourwhips/status/1176800535288188928

lol Cox

Hacker House is the Arcuri firm that Boris may have fraudulently paid.

Which to clarify, isn't to say Hacker House doesn't deserve the money.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jose posted:

Fairly sure that's a pisstake of the "report about the UK like the UK reports about Africa" variety, but it wouldn't be the first time someone's been kicked out for winning 52% on a referendum about rejecting an oppressive foreign imperialist power (but actually about racism). :geert:

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I don't understand what the Hitachi comment has to do with sex full stop, let alone how it is sexist.
It's actually for massage use :dong:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Jose posted:

https://twitter.com/gathara/status/1176766458665283585

Not sure i can take this Juma guy seriously

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jose posted:

holy poo poo lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

https://twitter.com/JamesMelville/status/1176792673484791809

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

It's a pisstake but it's a good pisstake

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Still B.A.E posted:

Yes, sorry for not being more specific. Maybe a lesser known museum or something, fairly central. I was going to go to the wellcome collection, but it's only open late on a Thursday.

How about The Old Operating Theatre then? Near London Bridge, Europes oldest surviving theatre. It's open until 5pm today.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Still B.A.E posted:

The Tate on the bank of the Thames (near London Bridge) is a pretty good way to kill a couple of hours. Impressive building and there are always a number of free exhibitions along with the paid ones.

I like the Wellcome too, it usually has an interesting free exhibition on. Plus it's fairly near the British Museum which is a tourist trap but also has legitimately interesting stuff on display permanently.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

*gal - Monica Juma is Kenya's foreign minister and Patrick Gathara is a sketchwriter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Still B.A.E posted:

Take a look at the Viktor Wynd Museum of Curiosities if it tickles your fancy.