Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
That article is a disgrace. The Supreme court is free of bias and it's a totally British institution. I cannot wait for full communism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

If you go to any major museum/gallery remember there is almost always a back entrance you can use. I've walked past queues of literally thousands of people outside the British Museum and just gone round the back and walked straight in. National History Museum is the same.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Flayer posted:

It's just implying they had sex rather than technology lessons. I don't understand why you're offended, it's not saying there is anything wrong with having sex in general.

Because she's a smart woman who runs her own business and works in the tech industry but none of that matters because she's blonde and pretty and a woman's only value is her looks. It's typical patriarchal bullshit and this thread is better than that.

(Just to clarify Jennifer Arcuri is a tech company entrepreneur so she's very clearly a load of shite)

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I don't understand what the Hitachi comment has to do with sex full stop, let alone how it is sexist.

Hitachi makes vibrators iirc

The joke is that serial philanderer bojo hired this woman to philander, this is unacceptable

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Rarity posted:

Can you summarise for the thread?
iirc:

Opened with a mature and reasonable takedown of Boris in light of yesterday;

Responded to the "why no VONC then, some people might say it's because you know you'll lose & you're a big cowardly chicken who is scared and wets himself like a baby" schtick with a measured and reasonable explanation of why we need to stop NDB first;

Stated that Labour will not support suspending Parliament for the Tory conference unless NDB is averted, assertively but reasonably;

Responded to thinly-veiled accusations of flip-flopping on redistributing private schools' land & stuff with a calm explanation of conference procedures, restating actual policy, throwing in some very nice rhetoric about equality, but also leaving the door open to take all their poo poo later (in a calm and reasonable "something should be done to address this" sorta way). Responded to a point about the human rights of the poor benighted property owners by pointing out that private education is illegal in lots of places, it's not a big deal.

Responded to the exact same point that Von Linus made (re big pharma & capital flight) with the exact same point that Saros made (re India, also South Africa).

Was generally calm, assertive, well-prepared and reasonable throughout, it was a good one. Even when they immediately followed it with "and let's hear from Tory spokesperson Laura K" she didn't really find anything to dig into. Sounding very Prime Ministerial.

Answers Me posted:

Jess Phillips having a bit of a 'mare on the BBC. Totally insufferable. I guess this is what happens when an MP spends more time trying to appeal to her Twitter followers than her constituents.

Rarity posted:

Can you summarise for the thread?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am feeling quite innocent today. Whenever I think of Hitachi I think of the disk drives and servers I worked on in the past.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Please keep up the slut shaming please, as a sex negative asexual, all sexual relations are discrimation against me and anything that discourages them is actually a good thing. Please don’t be asexualphobic, thanks.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
"Beady-eyed old nanny goat" is about what you'd expect your uncle to say on Facebook about a nosey neighbour, not a national newspaper.

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011

Borrovan posted:

Jezza sounding proper statesmanlike on Today atm

Does anyone have a link to this?

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Thanks for the suggestions all. It's just an awkward couple of hours between things when most daytime places will be closing, and I don't really feel like just sitting in a pub. Enough distraction from actual politics stuff, anyway.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Drone_Fragger posted:

Please keep up the slut shaming please, as a sex negative asexual, all sexual relations are discrimation against me and anything that discourages them is actually a good thing. Please don’t be asexualphobic, thanks.

A real poo poo post

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

mediadave posted:

Does anyone have a link to this?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0008nwz 2hrs 10

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

BBC parliament music sounds like The Sims loading music :) . Insert your own joke about the people talking garbled nonsense

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Drone_Fragger posted:

Go not gently caress yourself.

And yeah, the Hitachi reference is a joke about the Hitachi Magic Wand, probably the most famous sex toy in the world and by repute even able to make a Tory's wife or girlfriend come.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Parliament is opening, I hope you brought some popcorn :allears:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

VideoGames posted:

I am feeling quite innocent today. Whenever I think of Hitachi I think of the disk drives and servers I worked on in the past.
They were all sex toys too. :ssh:

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Rarity posted:

Because she's a smart woman who runs her own business and works in the tech industry but none of that matters because she's blonde and pretty and a woman's only value is her looks. It's typical patriarchal bullshit and this thread is better than that.

(Just to clarify Jennifer Arcuri is a tech company entrepreneur so she's very clearly a load of shite)
What, so mild jokes that involve a smart person are no longer allowed? Neither of the lines you posted were having a go at her in any way. There is a lot of actual sexism to campaign and fight back against instead of making up bullshit reasons to get your finest set of white armour out of the closet to prove how woke you are.

You want to talk about actual sexism then post about the way the right-wing media is treating Lady Hale.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Guavanaut posted:

They were all sex toys too. :ssh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Flayer posted:

What, so mild jokes that involve a smart person are no longer allowed? Neither of the lines you posted were having a go at her in any way. There is a lot of actual sexism to campaign and fight back against instead of making up bullshit reasons to get your finest set of white armour out of the closet to prove how woke you are.

You want to talk about actual sexism then post about the way the right-wing media is treating Lady Hale.

Lol gently caress off

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Parliament is open now, Cox currently responding to the question about what his advice was.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Sorry is the Commonwealth thing a joke or did she actually say that, I can’t keep up today

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

TACD posted:

Sorry is the Commonwealth thing a joke or did she actually say that, I can’t keep up today

nah its creative writing by a sketchwriter

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I don't really get the point in asking Cox for his opinion. It's now a settled matter, Cox knows that, and he's not going to risk his position etc by 'going against' the court. It's an odd question.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
remember teledildonics

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Flayer posted:

Yo dude, there is no need for this either. I do not see issues with us making sure we punch the right way with humour. We should always be better than those we are up against. I do not think anyone was having a go at anyone, just reminding others that we are the UKMT where we try to be good people and show solidarity in the face of all the oppressive forces in modern society. Some of them so entrenched that we accidentally miss them.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

I'm actually in love with Lady Hale.

Not in a "making it about sex because she's a woman" way, I met her the other week & saw a talk she gave and was just beaming mouth agape like a schoolboy the whole time. She's consistently right about everything whilst also being sweet & nice & humble and angry about gender politics. Hearing her rip into the convener for only taking questions from men was just :allears:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

If you specifically want the generic form of a drug get the doctor to write the prescription generically. We are not supppsed to provide a generic drug against a branded prescription for a few reasons, clinical and financial.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I think the main thing is that Arcuri may be a very smart, accomplished woman, but the odds on that being why Boris Johnson in particular approached her are basically zero. It implies a respect for women's value and intelligence that he has never shown the slightest evidence of possessing.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the lib dems are trying to bring the extension request date forward

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

"The BBC has upheld a complaint that BBC Breakfast presenter Naga Munchetty exhibited “bias” by inferring that Donald Trump was racist."

Of course they have, apparently facts are bias. Our flat also keep getting these stupid loving TV licence 'warning' letters about 'investigations' in my area (I know they amount to nothing and if they did knock, have no legal right to enter) - is there some sort of way to have a body or system fine them MASSIVELY for wasting so much paper and sending junk mail?

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!
When's PMQS?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Rarity posted:

this thread is better than that
See, you say that but we're about to get multiple pages of people pissing their pants over being asked to not make poo poo jokes. Again. :v:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/labfreemvmt/status/1176809015893995520?s=21

:getin:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/leninology/status/1176810304841441280?s=20

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

Saith posted:

When's PMQS?

Not happening this week because they need 3 days to submit questions and whatnot.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Pilchenstein posted:

See, you say that but we're about to get multiple pages of people pissing their pants over being asked to not make poo poo jokes. Again. :v:

No we are not. Do not make kirby sad, everyone.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Saith posted:

When's PMQS?

Next week

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

That was pretty interesting. It makes you realise just how much the media hope they're the ones leading the conversation in the country, the suggestion that people care most about Brexit so should just vote Lib Dem is pretty hysterical.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

took them long enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
It would be poetic justice if we left the EU and then elected a Labour government that increased immigration.