Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

explosivo posted:

That's what I'm saying.. like what are the odds that by that point you haven't already gotten that one? If you switch out the skill for a different one does it reset the timer?

Legendary skills seem pretty rare, the only really viable options are 1200 starfish from the market or pet expeditions. It's nice to have on the backburner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I think the wishing well gives at least 3 point every day so it only takes 40 days or less to get a legendary skill. Still not great but not as terrible as you think.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Trastion posted:

Is there a thread for Second Galaxy?

I cant read most of the text stuff on my phone so i am going at it very slow and still going through training poo poo. I cant get past the 2 license that has you go around behind and kill the repair men first. I can kill them but then I get slaughtered. And the whole time it has a red warning on the screen to "tap twice to get behind the enemy" but I don't know WHAT I am tapping twice to do that because tapping twice on anything doesn't seem to do poo poo.

The text is better on my tablet but I can't use that at work and that is when i have time to play mobile games...

Yes

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

You don't HAVE to put the coins in, I'm sitting on like 5 or 6 wish coins and I'm not gonna stuff them in there until I have them all saved up and know what skill I want.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

I hate these Wind Dragons in Bata Desert, but I'm so happy I found a decent way to set up as a Warlock vs. them. Incinerate, Soul Rebirth, Quack, Multi-Ignition either suppresses the statues and gets the interrupt timing -just- right.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Bandire posted:

I'm about to kick someone if you still want a spot in Greater Goon.

I see a spot has opened up but it says I'm still awaiting verification from, I'm guessing, when I applied earlier.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Blackchamber posted:

I see a spot has opened up but it says I'm still awaiting verification from, I'm guessing, when I applied earlier.

Sorry I didn't realize that application was still pending. You're all set.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

jjac posted:

You get half the points back as coins if that's any consolation.

Ah okay, guess I didnt notice. Can I stockpile the coins? Seems like I should do that instead

Edit: Ah someone just answered that

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

DontMindMe posted:

Ah okay, guess I didnt notice. Can I stockpile the coins? Seems like I should do that instead

Edit: Ah someone just answered that

You can, but the constant notification annoys me too much to do it.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Shwqa posted:

You can, but the constant notification annoys me too much to do it.

This is me. Cant deal with those little red notifications that scream "you have to do this"

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

SilverMike posted:

I hate these Wind Dragons in Bata Desert, but I'm so happy I found a decent way to set up as a Warlock vs. them. Incinerate, Soul Rebirth, Quack, Multi-Ignition either suppresses the statues and gets the interrupt timing -just- right.

I thought they were one of the more fun fights in the desert honestly. Those and the Ankylosaurs were some of my favorite fights in that zone so far.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Well, afk looks a lot different all of the sudden.

This new gimmick seems like it's a way to make you spend more exp on your poo poo tier stuff because now we're defending something and need to fill up with people.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Looks like Mario kart is out

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
So in Ulala...

Why did the shopkeeper threaten to kick my rear end...? I was trying to see what bits of dialogue she had so I thought I could cycle through them by tapping her but instead she kicks me out...? What is going on

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
It used to be a quest. Get kicked out of the Black Market. Think they've renamed it now.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Yeah, there was a quest to (sexually?) harass the Black Market lady until she throws you out. They removed it because it was shady as gently caress, but you can still click on her if you're into that sort of thing.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Also they renamed the Black Market to "Shopping Street" however she still references it as the Black Market if you harass her to the point where she kicks you out :v:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

For those of you keeping up with AFK, they just gave away 900 gems to celebrate the new patch, 300 for the first hotfix and now another 300 for the second hotfix.

Zander13
Apr 6, 2011

Harminoff posted:

Looks like Mario kart is out

Add me on Mario kart if you want. No idea what friends actually do.

Multiple isnt actually out yet. You just face bots with real people's names.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Zander13 posted:

Are they going to add that at some point? A lot of games just work that way now.

Zander13
Apr 6, 2011

cage-free egghead posted:

Are they going to add that at some point? A lot of games just work that way now.

Says it will come out in a future update, but they havent announced when that will be.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Got a slot open on na8 for a dps, Bata 30+preferred

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Got to the 6th track in mario kart and I'm already bored.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Is the play pass actually live? It's a rolling rollout from what I gather, but I think some people should have it already?

There's no official list of stuff but I'm probably gonna hit the free pass and tear through all the Sorcery! games at least. I was literally waffling on buying them all a couple days ago.

A lot of garbo listed here but are there other good ones to watch out for? I see Wayward Souls, Thimbleweed Park, Framed, Monument Valley 2, Stardew, Hoplite, Mini Metro, 80 Days...

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Yeah I have Play Pass already. The games arent as expansive as I'd hoped but theres some decent games in there so far

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Words about Mario Kart:

If you like other games in the series, this is a simplified version of it with gacha elements. Your ability to race isn't affected by the gacha apart from each characters signature move and some small bonuses to various racing features (ex: mini turbo, start boost, slipstream). You do however, get more items from boxes if you have a Featured Character for the course you are on.

The other big bonus to pulling more characters is that you get bonuses to your score, which is a running total of points you get for everything you do during a race (hitting another player with an item, for example), as well as your final standing. You get stars for certain point thresholds, and those are used to unlock more tracks.

The rates aren't listed for the gacha yet as far as I can see, so I cant speak to that. Basically if you want a slightly watered down Mario Kart on the go without carrying a Switch, you will probably get a kick out of this.

Fake edit: You pick between two control schemes to steer. You can swipe to turn like normal, or you can swipe to power slide. Power slide give you access to mini turbos, but makes small adjustments kind of a pain. You can turn on motion controls in the options to mitigate this somewhat.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
So before this Ulala patch I could do quick battle and get 10 boss attempts automated. Now post patch it looks like they gated the boss attempts behind level 45 which I'm nowhere close to. Lame.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Resdfru posted:

So before this Ulala patch I could do quick battle and get 10 boss attempts automated. Now post patch it looks like they gated the boss attempts behind level 45 which I'm nowhere close to. Lame.

Yeah, that was not a pleasant surprise.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
New afk arena redemption code

misevj66yi

Stockwell
Mar 29, 2005
Ask me about personal watercraft.
Any spots in Greater Goon? I fell into guild master of a level 5 one, for the last several months, but it's pretty inactive and I can't manage to get more members over the 20 or so we have now. I'm at 20-8 currently. Would be applying as evilmanimani if so.

Yhag
Dec 23, 2006

I'm dying you idiot!

Zander13 posted:

Added you.

My ID:

9017 7372 9730

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Any Desert-tier tanks in Ulala Season 10? Our guy seems to have bailed.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Resdfru posted:

New afk arena redemption code

misevj66yi

5 scrolls, 500 gems, and some blue poo poo.

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

I only have one question about the mario kart gacha. Can I pull swimsuit mario?

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
So what's this tower defense thing they added to afk?

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
I think it's a new event that starts soon. I'm guessing with all the changes it might be more permanent. Not sure yet though since it hasn't started

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Stockwell posted:

Any spots in Greater Goon? I fell into guild master of a level 5 one, for the last several months, but it's pretty inactive and I can't manage to get more members over the 20 or so we have now. I'm at 20-8 currently. Would be applying as evilmanimani if so.

I just made a spot for you.

Stockwell
Mar 29, 2005
Ask me about personal watercraft.

Bandire posted:

I just made a spot for you.

Thanks just gotta leave my guild so it'll be the hour cheers.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Arms_Akimbo posted:

So what's this tower defense thing they added to afk?

It's a reformatted version of Guild Wars that they had a while ago. You get assigned an 'enemy' guild and you invade their base, they invade yours, winner gets free stuff. It makes both the layout of your guild base and your personal base important, since those are the troops the enemy has to fight through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I just frontloaded mine like this, is there any reason not to?