Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Eschenique posted:

Need my tweetman fix. Hit me.

fight it man, it's no good for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

A doctorate in riding a horse round in circles?

Guess what a PhD (Oxon) gets you.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Eschenique posted:

Need my tweetman fix. Hit me.
Her twitter's right here :nms:

Z the IVth posted:

Guess what a PhD (Oxon) gets you.
Insufferable opinions about the Reformers?

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

thespaceinvader posted:

Maybe I should just give up trying, sign up for carer's allowance for my wife, and take solace in taking care of us both for as long as I need to.

You should do the second two things irrespective of the first, and take solace in having got carer's allowance despite the bastards.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Ugh gently caress sorry to e/n but the chemist must have hosed up somewhere because I have run right out of my anxiety meds and have distinctly not got the usual message about my repeat being ready to pick up. In a bad way now.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/hzeffman/status/1176911011363852288?s=20

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/1176907767082377218?s=20

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

I was on JSA a few years ago, had to show evidence I applied for 20 jobs a week and log various activity. I was applying for most of my jobs via the universal job match website, but found out after nearly a year that if you had sent an application via that site (which they encouraged you to do), your CV was set as private and it didn't show to the business you were applying to. I was loving furious when I found that out as I had wasted so much time applying to something like 1000+ jobs that went nowhere.

More recently I tried to apply to UC though my partner has a FT job so I was only eligible for something like £3 a week, whilst going to the job centre in the next town cost me over £4 in bus fare to get there. I also signed up using this Royal Mail facial recognition software and within a few weeks had a bailiff letter through my door for an unpaid bill at a previous address - I'm still convinced they passed my data on to the bailiffs and been waiting over 3 months for a GDPR request, though I'm not that eager to chase in case there's other stuff I don't know about and I get sent to future prison.

So yeah, gently caress em.

Ms Adequate posted:

Ugh gently caress sorry to e/n but the chemist must have hosed up somewhere because I have run right out of my anxiety meds and have distinctly not got the usual message about my repeat being ready to pick up. In a bad way now.

Hey, this happened to me this week too (?) - I went back to my GP and the reception desk managed to find another pharmacy that had what I need, they sent it back to 'the spine' (some main hub apparently) and they sent it to my local pharmacy the day after. Good luck though, hope it works out soon and is manageable.

justcola fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Sep 25, 2019

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I think he's accidentally brought in one of his telegraph columns instead of a speech

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
JFC this is embarrassing

I really, vehemently dislike this man and his cohorts

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Ms Adequate posted:

gently caress that sucks, i loving hate it when they gently caress up even the simplest instructions. i seriously thought about sending a list of "HERE'S THE DATES MY PRESCRIPTIONS NEED CREATED - please note i will always need them and i can start seizing if i don't get them if i'm unlucky and lose my mind regardless:" - i have complained on multiple occasions and it eventually helped, but christ.

i'm really sorry to hear that and i hope it gets sorted. you'll get through it, we always do, even when it sucks the whole time.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Failing that the pharmacist might be able to give you another packet if you explain the problem? Presumably they have your repeat prescription on file?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Ms Adequate posted:

Where about's do you live (ish) because I know some hospitals can give out meds if it is an emergency.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Boris is a melt

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't think "you won't vote me out like I want you to nerr nerr nerr" is quite the stirring position he thinks it is.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Is De Pfefel really employing the ‘come and have a go if you think your hard enough’ argument?

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
God, Boris is just *such* a oval office, really makes my skin crawl the same way Trump does. Seeing him finally get his comeuppance is going to be so satisfying

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

I don't think "you won't vote me out like I want you to nerr nerr nerr" is quite the stirring position he thinks it is.

What is he even wittering on about?

Also going "we want you to do this thing, but you clearly don't actually want to listen to the sovereign political body do you?"

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
go on GO ON CALL A VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE IN ME. I WANT YOU TO COWARDS

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

He just sounds like a raving lunatic.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Ms Adequate posted:

Solidarity, I know how lovely that can be :smith:

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

Lipstick Apathy
Corbyn just effortlessly putting a pin through all that bluster right away

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I desperately want to see that speech actually transcribed into an advance copy lol.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I just found a strip of pills that had slipped down the side of some stuff!! I have a few days worth now, enough to find out what the chemist is playing at. Thanks all for the support and advice, was much appreciated!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I desperately want to see that speech actually transcribed into an advance copy lol.

[posh blooing]

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Boris looks broken lmao

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ms Adequate posted:

I just found a strip of pills that had slipped down the side of some stuff!! I have a few days worth now, enough to find out what the chemist is playing at. Thanks all for the support and advice, was much appreciated!

I was debating whether I could post you my old citalopram lol but it's probably out of date.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Josef bugman posted:

Where about's do you live (ish) because I know some hospitals can give out meds if it is an emergency.

this website says nhs 111 is what you need for emergency medication:

https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/urgent-and-emergency-care/nhs-111/

quote:

How NHS 111 works

You answer questions about your symptoms on the website, or by speaking to a fully trained adviser on the phone.

You can ask for a translator if you need one.

Depending on the situation you’ll:

find out what local service can help you
be connected to a nurse, emergency dentist, pharmacist or GP
get a face-to-face appointment if you need one
be told how to get any medicine you need
get self-care advice

i'm hesitant to suggest what i know would work, mostly because it can be very trust specific. but here if it's after 5 either 111 or whatever the equivalent of the single point of access line - 111 should be able to tell you where to go.

e: oh thank goodness it's not necessary, well if any lurkers need it it's good advice.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Really want to see the Cumming get the sack just for the newspaper headlines of 'Cummings going'

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

OwlFancier posted:

I was debating whether I could post you my old citalopram lol but it's probably out of date.

Aww haha you're sweet, but I used to be on that stuff and its sole effect on me was gaining an inordinate amount of weight lmao

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

Lipstick Apathy

Looke posted:

Boris looks broken lmao

That big windbag speech was all he had, looking forward to seeing the mask slip when the grilling gets tough

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

I can't see this atm, what is happening and how well is Corbyn doing?

See I am sort of on Sertraline, but it doesn't seem to do too much.

Quick question folks, other than going to the gym in order to crush capitalism between my hands, what else do you think would be good things to do to improve on oneself? I'm talking like things for making people better as people. I know one is "shutting up and listening" so I am doing more of that.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ms Adequate posted:

Wait you call them chemist not pharmacist? I work with a pharmacist that got his education in the UK and lived there for the better part of a decade and he never once used that term.

Also I dont know if the UK has a drug shortages/recalls website run by the government like we do in Canada, but its worth looking up to see if that is the reason.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The three days I managed to take it gave me staggering headaches, nausea, dire rear, and dizziness. I am a fat fucker either way :v:

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Ms Adequate posted:

Aww haha you're sweet, but I used to be on that stuff and its sole effect on me was gaining an inordinate amount of weight lmao

haha gently caress mirtazapine goddamn you why are you the only thing that loving works

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ms Adequate posted:

I was about to suggest having a small stockpile but that's not much use to suggest when you've run out.

But now that you've not run out; have a small stockpile.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Goons itt are really really great I love you all :unsmith:

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Ms Adequate posted:

When this happened to me, the pharmacist gave me details to call for an emergency repeat prescription. If it happens again, they should have details on hand.

Also, if you ever need beta blockers I have spares

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

They should keep Cummings, because he's an idiot and there's got to be some mileage in Johnson and Cummings headlines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

I can't see this atm, what is happening and how well is Corbyn doing?

It's a little surreal having corbyn stood up and the whole house screaming at the PM to resign.