Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Corbyn's in that serious forensic mode that gets opinion columnists wet as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

justcola posted:

I was on JSA a few years ago, had to show evidence I applied for 20 jobs a week and log various activity. I was applying for most of my jobs via the universal job match website, but found out after nearly a year that if you had sent an application via that site (which they encouraged you to do), your CV was set as private and it didn't show to the business you were applying to. I was loving furious when I found that out as I had wasted so much time applying to something like 1000+ jobs that went nowhere.

More recently I tried to apply to UC though my partner has a FT job so I was only eligible for something like £3 a week, whilst going to the job centre in the next town cost me over £4 in bus fare to get there. I also signed up using this Royal Mail facial recognition software and within a few weeks had a bailiff letter through my door for an unpaid bill at a previous address - I'm still convinced they passed my data on to the bailiffs and been waiting over 3 months for a GDPR request, though I'm not that eager to chase in case there's other stuff I don't know about and I get sent to future prison.

So yeah, gently caress em.
While this won't be useful to you personally, a cool tip to dodge this when applying is to click the quite hidden plain text "no just give me an ID interview like you're going to anyway" button below the gov.uk verify one when you get near to the end of a UC application.

Ms Adequate posted:

Ugh gently caress sorry to e/n but the chemist must have hosed up somewhere because I have run right out of my anxiety meds and have distinctly not got the usual message about my repeat being ready to pick up. In a bad way now.
It's quite possible that the doctor is the one who hosed up. ring them and find out.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

Josef bugman posted:

I can't see this atm, what is happening and how well is Corbyn doing?

Boris is full of hot air and Corbz is doing his pissed off headteacher routine and it's working

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ms Adequate posted:

Aww haha you're sweet, but I used to be on that stuff and its sole effect on me was gaining an inordinate amount of weight lmao

That's the excuse I go with as I conspicuously push empty beer cans behind my back.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Been catching up with the Rob Zands tweets and whoever created that account is probably a genius

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Guavanaut posted:

I was about to suggest having a small stockpile but that's not much use to suggest when you've run out.

But now that you've not run out; have a small stockpile.

I had one actually, I had saved up a little stockpile over time, mostly because I just occasionally forgot to take one and if that's just for one day it usually doesn't cause problems.

Unfortunately the stockpile was drained to nothing a few months ago because, hmm, how odd, the chemist buggered it up real bad and it took a minute to sort out. :v:

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Ms Adequate posted:

I had one actually, I had saved up a little stockpile over time, mostly because I just occasionally forgot to take one and if that's just for one day it usually doesn't cause problems.

Unfortunately the stockpile was drained to nothing a few months ago because, hmm, how odd, the chemist buggered it up real bad and it took a minute to sort out. :v:

... Can we nationalise chemists?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Ms Adequate posted:

yeah same - never because i'm not taking my meds or whatever, always because i forget. i sometimes worry about having such a stockpile on hand but usually i just get to the end of my pre-payment card and then not need to reup for an extra few weeks, because i'm very cheap.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Parliament telly just cut to gove going full smeagol

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/GossiTheDog/status/1176918488826470400?s=20

"I've lost, and yet I've won, if I ignore you, you don't matter!" - Bojo.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Can't draw it pure from the source. Need a dealer to administer choice cuts on a regular basis.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
also the #1 reason i forget to take pregabalin in the evening is remembering to take it in the morning. poo poo destroys my memory.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

CoolCab posted:

yeah same - never because i'm not taking my meds or whatever, always because i forget. i sometimes worry about having such a stockpile on hand but usually i just get to the end of my pre-payment card and then not need to reup for an extra few weeks, because i'm very cheap.
Yeah, if you're creative you can easily get 4x 1 month scripts onto a 3 month PPC and then just wait a month to get another PPC. Works out cheaper than the 12 month PPC.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
I'm a few mins behind but corbs laying it on thick with a good choir behind him

Nice contrast with trying to suppress a desire to watch boris get eaten slowly alive by some particularly violent species of ant

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

Lipstick Apathy
What the gently caress is Boris even on about. This is complete nonsense

e: lol they're actually applauding this poo poo? Christ

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

This is obvious bollocks even for Johnson.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Haha, make a joke about the Birmingham Six & Guildford Four. Who were of course all innocence but never mind that.

This is genuinely embarrassing stuff here.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Necrothatcher posted:

This is obvious bollocks even for Johnson.

It's pretty desperate stuff.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Huh I feel this clapping is significant somehow, they never clap

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

pablo gbscobar posted:

Someone reverted him to factory settings so he's trying to freestyle one of his bad opinion columns

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

Lipstick Apathy

pablo gbscobar posted:

God, IDS is just *such* a oval office, really makes my skin crawl the same way Trump does. Seeing him finally get his comeuppance is going to be so satisfying

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

pablo gbscobar posted:

God, Boris is just *such* a oval office, really makes my skin crawl the same way Trump does. Seeing him finally get his comeuppance is going to be so satisfying

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Man where do these people even come from and how do they get elected :stare:

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Blackford!

e: that accent is so perfect for political contempt

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Josef bugman posted:

I can't see this atm, what is happening and how well is Corbyn doing?

See I am sort of on Sertraline, but it doesn't seem to do too much.

Quick question folks, other than going to the gym in order to crush capitalism between my hands, what else do you think would be good things to do to improve on oneself? I'm talking like things for making people better as people. I know one is "shutting up and listening" so I am doing more of that.

Learn a language maybe? I keep starting it and failing though

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Convex posted:

Man where do these people even come from and how do they get elected :stare:

Eton. To both parts of the question.

Which is why me must destroy it.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

As I recall the wording of the bill was "UNLESS parliament votes to refuse it, the Prime Minister MUST accept a longer deal within 2 days of the offer." - specifically to prevent him pulling that poo poo.

Comedy option : the EU offers us a century.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

ThomasPaine posted:

Yeah, I have no idea what that clapping was about, it seemed like a cult-like thing to be honest.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Are there any votes today or is it just yelling at each other?

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
It's interesting to see they tried to spin yellowhammer as an anti labour catchphrase. I don't think it'll stick seeing as it's so horrendously contrived.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

ThomasPaine posted:

Supposed to be against the rules. Bercow chewed out some SNP newbies for doing it in 2015, not a peep out of him when the Tories do it.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Nail that loving coffin shut

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

ThomasPaine posted:

Are there any votes today or is it just yelling at each other?

No it's just honking.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

pablo gbscobar posted:

"They put the yellow into Yellowhammer!" made me go even more "wtf is he trying to say here" than usual.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Learn a language maybe? I keep starting it and failing though

I'm doing duolingo atm, and I have a book on "complete Norweigan" so will give that a go.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

Lipstick Apathy
Did Blackford just bring back and support the Corbyn as caretaker PM plan?

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Are you not allowed to accuse someone of lying in the House of Commons even if they literally have? Absolute clownshow

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Josef bugman posted:

I'm doing duolingo atm, and I have a book on "complete Norweigan" so will give that a go.

Norwegian is a very niche choice but all power to you

Answers Me posted:

Are you not allowed to accuse someone of lying in the House of Commons even if they literally have? Absolute clownshow

Yeah it's real dumb

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

pablo gbscobar posted:

Did Blackford just bring back and support the Corbyn as caretaker PM plan?

A caretaker PM, not necessarily Corbyn.

Answers Me posted:

Proper decorum tosh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

So this is basically a PMQs in name only right?