Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I dunno about cancel culture or whatever but this desire, as soon as somebody does anything noteworthy, to dig through every social media post they've ever made dating back to when they were middle or high schoolers solely to rain on their parade is kind of hosed up imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
my social media history as a teen was documented on BBSes, and while I can't be 100% sure, I'm fairly certain none of them are still operating.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Komet posted:

God forbid I ever run for office and some journalist digs up my SAS shitposts from 2005 or that Lynndie England story.

Something Awful is single handedly the reason I can't go into politics

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I am okay with the only people involved in politics being people who didn’t do racist poo poo before they were 24.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I think that's sad.

e: and small-minded too.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

vyst posted:

Your honor, all of my problematic posts were ironic

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Rice is somehow not even all that close to being the worst D1 team in Texas

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Hed posted:

I think that's sad.

e: and small-minded too.

Yes, it is sad and small minded that I would be okay with representatives who have been exceptionally good people their whole life. I agree.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

It's OK Leonard J. Crabs will defend you in front of the House Disciplinary Committee.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

mastershakeman posted:

Yes I used ablist language and it was my post in that gif, and it was wrong, but I was provoked by the Chicago Bears knowingly drafting Mitch Trubisky after trading up

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I was once permabanned off the 311 bulletin board (yes, I know) for posting a bunch of photoshops of Nick Hexum inserted into the Passion of the Christ, including one where he was being crucified. I didn't actually make the photoshops, but it was a fellow SA user who had.

I also made a bunch of threads containing tall.gif and huge.jpg which made people effectively unable to use the forums.

I was a real edge lord and it certainly cost me what would have been a very lucrative and selfless political career.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

mastershakeman posted:

Son do you wanna tell me what exactly F-Y-A-D is?

No, your honor. I don't.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
WASHINGTON (AP) Controversy struck the White House today, as reporters have unearthed multiple posts on the dead Something Awful forums by President Scionix referring to a place known as "Cum Town" as well as several personal attacks on known Auburn fans. President Scionix issued the following statement:

"Lmao gently caress u roll tide bitch"

Vice President Sash! was unavailable for comment

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
LSU played a gimme, Vanderbilt, has a bye, and then plays another gimme next week (at 11am again, to boot)

I never thought I'd be this ready for the stress for Actual Conference Play but here i am

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

WASHINGTON (AP) Controversy struck the White House today, as reporters have unearthed multiple posts on the dead Something Awful forums by President Scionix referring to a place known as "Cum Town" as well as several personal attacks on known Auburn fans. President Scionix issued the following statement:

"Lmao gently caress u roll tide bitch"

Vice President Sash! was unavailable for comment

Best ticket I've seen yet.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Top Hats Monthly posted:

What was the DMR guy's plan anyway? If you go after someone for something they said you would think they would check their own twitter first.

Clicks.

The Register is a Gannett paper that doesn't have much of anyone doing actual local reporting anymore... so they're losing subscribers like crazy because just reprinting the AP wire, USA Today articles, and stuff pulled from the local TV news isn't really a hot seller.

If you want to get more shady, Busch reached out to King about the tweets before he had his press conference. Meaning that it's likely the reporter also made sure to tell them, expecting that King would handle it badly and it would make the scandal bigger.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Liquid Communism posted:

If you want to get more shady, Busch reached out to King about the tweets before he had his press conference. Meaning that it's likely the reporter also made sure to tell them, expecting that King would handle it badly and it would make the scandal bigger.

Or Busch was doing its own social media digging, found the tweets, and then used the pending article to do mostly unnecessary damage control.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
I'd bet against, since they reached out between when the reporter sprung them on him and the press release he scheduled in reaction to that interview.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

drewhead posted:

Best ticket I've seen yet.

I promise to nod and applaud politely during the state of the union, in accordance with what appears to be the main role of the vice president.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
But what's your stance on the outside of horses?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

"There's nothing better for the inside of a man than a horse inside of a man."

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

vyst posted:

So Tijuana is the new Camp David?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

So, I'm really considering going to gameday. For people here who have done it, realistically how early would I have to get there if I want my sign to get on TV?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

vyst posted:

"There’s nothing better for the inside of man than to display its gaping wonder for all to see."

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

Seaniqua posted:

So, I'm really considering going to gameday. For people here who have done it, realistically how early would I have to get there if I want my sign to get on TV?

definitely before sunrise unless you're good at pushin'

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Seaniqua posted:

If you're trying to get to like, front row behind Corso and the gang, I'd say maybe 2hrs prior to airing? That'd be 5am since it's mountain time.

But keep in mind they have multiple segments that are away from the panel. So it may be a better bet to try and set up next to little football-field-platform-thing that they do a few segments on.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Seaniqua posted:

Like basically as early as they'll let you line up

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
One time when gameday showed up the AD sent out an email asking students to show up at 5:45 AM.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

UNL's statement says this:

quote:

Individuals who enter the pit will be screened and must adhere to all ESPN rules. No food or drink is allowed, and screening will include bag checks and inspection of all signs. Signs that include vulgar language, political or religious statements, and promotions for outside brands or websites are not permitted.

I'm wondering what those "ESPN rules" are. Like, being a fat 34-year-old with an inside joke on his sign isn't going to break any rules is it? I am technically an alumnus.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Rick posted:

One time when gameday showed up the AD sent out an email asking students to show up at 5:45 AM.

Wouldn't that be about 24 hours too late?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Seaniqua posted:

UNL's statement says this:

I'm wondering what those "ESPN rules" are. Like, being a fat 34-year-old with an inside joke on his sign isn't going to break any rules is it? I am technically an alumnus.

At least the last time they were in Lincoln, it was checking your signs and making sure you didn't have anything that could be thrown.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/marcweiszer/status/1176821980143726594?s=21

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

After the Georgia/ASU game in like 2009 an ASU student walks by me and is like "good game yall yall were super chill. We love your women" and I'm just like "thanks dawg go devs"

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Lsu fans threw garbage at my family and Tennessee fans called my four year old sister ugly

It just means more

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Nvm wrong thread

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Still cops

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Raku posted:

Tennessee fans called my four year old sister ugly

It just means more

That's pretty goddamn funny though

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Sorry about your ugly sister

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

the forced "classiness" of that bullshit is such a fuckin cheese-rear end boomer cop move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Scarf posted:

Son do you wanna tell me what exactly F-Y-A-D is?

No, your honor. I don't.

Your honor, to the best of my recollection it was mostly flame wars and gross pictures.