Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Sweet As Sin posted:

Don't take it personally. I have social anxiety and I skipped bench last night because they were being used and I was super shy about asking...

Same! I would force myself to go to therapy way sooner.

Dumbbell Presses are my go-to in this situation, seems like most normies only do bench, dumbbell curls, and cable pulldowns??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

Have a weird feeling in the right side of my lower back and could barely feel my right quad working while squatting. Probably nothing to worry about.

RIP u are sciatica

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Isn't sciatica supposed to hurt? This doesn't hurt. Just feels off.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Isn't sciatica supposed to hurt? This doesn't hurt. Just feels off.

I know with my previous sciatica injury it was inflammation pressing on the nerve and it would only hurt in certain positions like sitting. My quad would tingle on the injured side occasionally.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
No, it doesn't have to hurt. I'm lucky that I get numbness on the skin of my right quad and no pain or weakness.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Feeling swole today.

Was in the grocery store looking at bread trying to figure out if that poo poo is vegan (turns out most is) and this older dude came up to me and was like hey you look like you workout. I was like haha yeah a little and we got to talking and he was saying how he’s just gotten back into the gym after a hip replacement. He then starts to talk about how he used to lift back in the day and he showed me a few pictures and dude was legit. Turns out he’s a 5x worlds champ lol.

Then I was checking out and the cashier asked if I did CrossFit lol. I said no I just lifted as the gym.

So you wanna attract all the dudes? Lift heavy lift hard lift often. You’ll get all the dudes.

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Feeling swole today.

Was in the grocery store looking at bread trying to figure out if that poo poo is vegan (turns out most is) and this older dude came up to me and was like hey you look like you workout. I was like haha yeah a little and we got to talking and he was saying how he’s just gotten back into the gym after a hip replacement. He then starts to talk about how he used to lift back in the day and he showed me a few pictures and dude was legit. Turns out he’s a 5x worlds champ lol.

Then I was checking out and the cashier asked if I did CrossFit lol. I said no I just lifted as the gym.

So you wanna attract all the dudes? Lift heavy lift hard lift often. You’ll get all the dudes.

I thought most bread was made with milk or some milk product ?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ZionestLord posted:

I thought most bread was made with milk or some milk product ?

According to vegan.com it’s not? :shrug:

I checked the ingredients like 5 times.

I honestly though so as well.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

bread is really just flour and yeast

if you're adding dairy or eggs you're likely veering into cake territory

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

the secret to veganism is that that they can still eat a shitload of bread carbs, which is a very easy way to live

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Sounds like some fools in here need to spend more time making the staff of life.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Fitzy Fitz posted:

...go on

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Kinda surprised veganism is ok with eating yeast, those little dudes are alive

(I mean okay it's fungus, I dunno)

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Data Graham posted:

And broccoli screams when you boil it

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fhqwhgads posted:

And broccoli screams when you boil it

screams going in and going out TBH.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

redreader posted:

No, it doesn't have to hurt. I'm lucky that I get numbness on the skin of my right quad and no pain or weakness.

There's no numbness really. I just don't really "feel" my quad working. The only time the muscles felt engaged was during my post-workout cardio on the stairmaster. It's probably just in my head, I'm sure I can work through it.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

my favorite place to be

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

As long as baguettes are fine, I'm a-okay.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Data Graham posted:

(I mean okay it's fungus, I dunno)

anything edible comes from things that have been alive. i don't think veganism is about avoiding that, as they would swiftly die out.

are you under the impression that plants, for instance, aren't alive?

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
What about all those spiders everyone eats every night? Owned, veganailures

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LordArgh posted:

anything edible comes from things that have been alive. i don't think veganism is about avoiding that, as they would swiftly die out.

are you under the impression that plants, for instance, aren't alive?

Yeah but they refuse to eat honey tho? :confused:

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

MarcusSA posted:

that's an animal product, so that makes "sense"

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LordArgh posted:

that's an animal product, so that makes "sense"

So no eating bugs? The thing that really gets me about the honey thing is that like we really need the bees to pollinate the plants and like their byproduct is like not hurting them?

Anyway it doesn’t make sense but I eat enough meat to cancel out every vegan in a 15 mile radius (in LA) so I’m doing my part.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

honey bees are a very inefficient cog in the food production process and we'd really be fine without them

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I'm a bee truther ama

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

MarcusSA posted:

Get any shoulder rubs or back pats?

:gaysper:

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

MarcusSA posted:

Beegans

Plus the red dye in Starbucks drinks was made from crushed beetles or something

And bone char to make certain sugar

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bob Morales posted:

Get any shoulder rubs or back pats?

:gaysper:

I wish. Not quite that level.

My girl is coming into town today though but she’s a gains goblin. The downside to doing a temporary long distance thing.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

bees are friends not food

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

bees are friends not food

What about their spit tho?

Like seriously isn’t he honey just bee excrement?

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

What is ya'lls proest meal prep recipes?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

bomb posted:

What is ya'lls proest meal prep recipes?

8-10oz steak 1 cup rice veggies

That x infinity.

Alternatively get a insta pot and cook all your chicken breast in a sauce in there and shred it or whatever.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

Alternatively get a insta pot and cook all your chicken breast in a sauce in there and shred it or whatever.
Post how to season chicken breasts in a way that takes little effort to cook.

I need to start cooking my own chicken and vegetables again. I've been letting my wife do it for me and I keep fighting with her because she fries everything or drowns it in oil. And she doesn't even eat it. It's real annoying. When I cook it myself I just toss it in the oven with some salt/pepper/onion/garlic/maybe cayenne and only make the vegetables with water.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

feelix posted:

What about all those spiders everyone eats every night? Owned, veganailures

that's just spiders georg who is a statistical outlier boosting the average up

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Khorne posted:

I need to start cooking my own chicken and vegetables again. I've been letting my wife do it for me and I keep fighting with her because she fries everything or drowns it in oil. And she doesn't even eat it. It's real annoying. When I cook it myself I just toss it in the oven with some salt/pepper/onion/garlic/maybe cayenne and only make the vegetables with water.

I use enchilada sauce green or red and some salsa :shrug:

I’ll also add green salsa to my rice cooker instead of the half cup of water.

Smart and final / Costco have the killer prices on big rear end tubs of salsa and sauces. Getting them from a regular store sucks.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
My new lifting Spirit animal
https://youtu.be/qKZ1Ra1Ns3s

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Khorne posted:

Brine them for a couple hours and then use a chicken rub from the store

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Khorne posted:

Cut them thin and use panko with egg and then cook it with a just a little bit of oil on the stove for like 4 min each side if u can take the little bit of extra calories. It's like 15 min total of cooking/prep/clean up

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

bomb posted:

Dumbbell Presses are my go-to in this situation, seems like most normies only do bench, dumbbell curls, and cable pulldowns??

I like doing shoulder work, raises side, front, and seated rows. I grew up watching the Rocky movies with all of them having that massive, defined, shoulder ball of muscle... so in my mind, that's what I should strive for.

Silly, probably.

But also the bench, core work, pulldowns, etc. My workouts are a little over 90 minutes.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Fallows posted:

Cut them thin and use panko with egg and then cook it with a just a little bit of oil on the stove for like 4 min each side if u can take the little bit of extra calories. It's like 15 min total of cooking/prep/clean up
The chicken is supposed to be a boring base. I structure my day like maybe some whey isolate -> chicken + veggies -> something fun -> get more protein in probably.

I can take calories fine though. I'm moving my diet back in check a little at a time. I've cut out candy and cookies for the past few weeks so I'm already down like 2000 kcals a day over last month. Next step will be avoiding all the free junk at work. And then I'll count calories for a few weeks to figure out how much the things I regularly eat are so I can get dialed in at ~2lbs/wk loss for a bit. Or ~1 if that feels bad.

Once the weight is off I need to avoid deliberately gaining weight because that's how I started to get fat again. I was struggling with recovery so decided to see if eating more would help. I went from 205 to ~225-230 deliberately. I stayed 230 for the planned length then instead of losing weight I hit 235 and some time passed and I was 270+.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

You can make all sorts of curries with chicken. And that can be as simple as simmering in premade sauce or mixing your own (which is also very easy). And then add all the vegetables you want and serve over rice. I love curry!