Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Dubar posted:

at this exact moment, the house is (unanimously!) passing a strongly worded letter which says, among other things, that the president cant do that

...unanimously?

GOP shook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

COLLUSION, BUT NO QUID PRO QUO

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

GreyjoyBastard posted:

...unanimously?

GOP shook

technically it was 421 votes but no one voted against it

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Hey remember 500 years ago when he scribbled on a weather map because he was wrong about a hurricane? Good times.

Ah man I'm sorry but you've lost all sense of the passage of time.

I know this Hellworld is confusing but you've gotta keep focus.

It was actually over 1,000,000 years ago.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

A very Evangelical guy on my facebook is also a huge trump supporter and essentially echoes the sentiment.

I don't know what attracks the extremely religious to Trump specifically but it's weird and somewhat scary to me

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

abigserve posted:

A very Evangelical guy on my facebook is also a huge trump supporter and essentially echoes the sentiment.

I don't know what attracks the extremely religious to Trump specifically but it's weird and somewhat scary to me

Identity politics is one hell of a drug.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

abigserve posted:

The Evangelical voter is incredibly up front about how transactional their relationship with Trump is.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/axios/status/1176987320513441793?s=20

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

abigserve posted:

The evangelicals love hiding their racism and hatred in a thin veil of purity and godliness. Trump and Pence are a perfect combo to attract them.

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.
it's cause all religion was divinely inspired
by lucifer
it all makes way more sense when you realize that

speaking of the devil, where's pence been the last couple of days?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

abigserve posted:

They're losing and see him as the only foothold they have culturally.

Conservatives have been in despair since 2008, then in 2014 when gay marriage was legalized.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
https://twitter.com/alanhe/status/1176986133974134784?s=20

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

abigserve posted:

yeah man. My uncfle is a crazy trump supporter and is also a crazy dominionist evangelical. I think its the authoritarian aspects of both that attract them so much.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

yeah this seems like something that will make people Real Mad who you don't eant even mildly miffed

For that matter, FUAXTON woke me up to the USPIS and how you REALLY shouldn't gently caress with the USPS:

FAUXTON posted:

The USPIS will silently trace mail thefts, find your house, obtain a warrant, and kick in your door in the middle of the night so they can make sure, at long last, their loving mail gets delivered.

The IRS-CI will quietly and calmly let you lie to the IRS for years while they build an iron-clad case against you (and your bitcoins) and then when that's ready they stroll in, tell the regular IRS they can take the rest of the week off, and then they your take everything you own and possibly throw your rear end in jail for making them have to wreck your poo poo.

74 year old man fakes his taxes from '06 through '09, they soak his rear end for 322k in restitution plus a month in prison and 15k in gently caress you pay us. He plead guilty in 2016 and was sentenced in March of 2017.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

this is actually pretty big.

Sasse talks a big game and ghost writes tons of books, but he never actually comes out against Trump.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

It must be bad if even Ben’s rear end is breaking out the concerned schtick

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

CodeJanitor posted:

by lucifer

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he was God

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

More noise coming out of Ben's Asse?

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Evangelicals are insane.

I have a family member who hates Obama specifically because he “displayed the gay pride flag at the whitehouse” and that means he “hated christians”

Said family member refuses to say whether or not they voted Trump (they did).

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Booourns posted:

There's actual important news happening right now why are you posting about posters

It's like you're compelled to do this.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Deptfordx posted:

Ah man I'm sorry but you've lost all sense of the passage of time.

I know this Hellworld is confusing but you've gotta keep focus.

It was actually over 1,000,000 years ago.

IT'S LONGER THAN YOU THINK FOLKS. LONGER THAN YOU THINK.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Hahahaha this moron actually thinks this phone call was perfect.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

CodeJanitor posted:

by lucifer

Bleeding out under the bus Trump tossed him under.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Remember Amergin? The dude with the Ted Cruz avatar claiming he was sharing our posts as his own on a conservative site and vice versa?
I never bought that, all his posts read in the same voice to the degree that he’d have to be editing any input to unrecognizable levels.

He did posts a couple times in the GBS Chinathreads after leaving D&D though

quote:

And MyImaginaryGirlfriend? I wonder what happened to them.
Kept getting banned, trying to make new accounts, and then instantly recognized and banned. I’m not sure his thing was a gimmick because he could not stop it

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

19 o'clock posted:

For that matter, FUAXTON woke me up to the USPIS and how you REALLY shouldn't gently caress with the USPS:

yeah Postal Inspectors are probably the most terrifying law enforcement in the country

Do Not Steal Mail, Do Not Commit Mail Fraud, Do Not gently caress With The Mail Or Its Servants In Any Way

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Hear that sound?

The Republicans are sharpening their knives.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
NPR is reporting a Pentegon letter from May undercuts Trump's argument he held back funds due to corruption worries in Ukraine

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/25/7644...OUbB9aueZHrK2CI

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Here's the traditional "gently caress Ben Sasse" post for whenever he gets mentioned.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

There Bias Two posted:

Hear that sound?

The Republicans are sharpening their knives.

It does seem significant that as far as I can tell, we haven't been seeing more GOPers rushing to the camera to blubber that the memo is "another win for the president" or whatever their spin would be. The silence is deafening.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zophar posted:

Here's the traditional "gently caress Ben Sasse" post for whenever he gets mentioned.

it is funny that this extremely cult rear end flavor of the GOP will likely knife him for even saying that but yea he 100% won't do anything but be 'troubled' like Mitt.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

It does seem significant that as far as I can tell, we haven't been seeing more GOPers rushing to the camera to blubber that the memo is "another win for the president" or whatever their spin would be. The silence is deafening.

they've been exclusively doing it on Fox because they know Fox's literal intended purpose is to convince republican voters impeachment is bad. It's why it was founded and it's finally getting to do it.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/sta...988538811949056

:fork: :fork: :fork:

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

sexpig by night posted:

it is funny that this extremely cult rear end flavor of the GOP will likely knife him for even saying that but yea he 100% won't do anything but be 'troubled' like Mitt.

lets just hope we can pin this poo poo on all the GOP

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
I really hope we can see the full complaint some day. It has to have some unbelievable poo poo in it, like Trump asking the Ukraine to start a false flag attack on the US or something ridiculous.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

mod sassinator posted:

I really hope we can see the full complaint some day. It has to have some unbelievable poo poo in it, like Trump asking the Ukraine to start a false flag attack on the US or something ridiculous.

Please, please let it get leaked.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

This actually makes Zelennskiy look good out of all of this, since it makes him look like a vicitm.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/1176992486050451457

Daddy will be happy

:ironicat:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/1176988094098300928

Yeah but did they literally say the word quid pro quo?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Skex posted:

Bleeding out under the bus Trump tossed him under.

I said to someone yesterday that there was no chance that Pence skated clean on this, if any part of it was made to successfully stick to Trump.

Somehow, inexplicably, I did not expect Pence to get thrown under the bus the next day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I'm sorry what? He shut out diplomatic communication unless they agreed to discuss manufacturing dirt on his political opponent? God drat that's brazen.