Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

ImpAtom posted:

I mean I don't think anyone genuinely expected Trump to go "FYI I did the crimes!!"

Maybe it was inevitable once the brain rot reached a certain threshold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoke Lee
Dec 31, 2004

chairizard lol

ELO Musk posted:

What's hosed up about this is he's representing easily the poorest district of NJ. You would think that the voters there would be bluer than blue given that the local news comes from Philly.

You would think so, but we are blue by a small margin. Van Drew is conservative Dem scum, and we are riddled with Irish and Italian american families that left Philly at some point and are eager to tell you why, and it's always racist.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

This is absolutely blatant corruption and abuse of power, and if Ukraine confirms he is turbofucked

How many other countries has he done this to I wonder?

Edit: fixed

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Sep 26, 2019

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

ImpAtom posted:

I mean I don't think anyone genuinely expected Trump to go "FYI I did the crimes!!"

It will never stop being funny that he thought he was going to be cleared because he asked for crimes nicely. President decorum

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

VitalSigns posted:

Everyone is glad evilweasel is back, but here I am slaving away in the posting mines every single day for yall and no one gives me any credit
Don't worry eventually he'll blow a gasket because someone disagreed with him and catch another long-form probation. The amount of love he gets in USPOL is pretty weird considering how much he fucks up the discussion, but considering who is doing all the praising it's not that surprising.

e: also everyone is apparently quick to forget your epic post in the primary thread :( - never change VS

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Except Nixon didn’t have Fox News backing him up. It’s gonna be an uphill fight.

Nixon's approval was 68.5 when the mattering happened.

Fox News can barely keep this motherfucker above 40 on your average tuesday.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/AntiFashGordon/status/1176989044393369602

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

These people kill me. Clinton got a BJ, holy gently caress the world is ending the presidency has been compromised!
*3 mile long list of Trump crimes including treason, money laundering, and adultery* How dare you try to hold Trump accountable!

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

TulliusCicero posted:

This is absolutely blatant corruption and abuse of power, and if the Ukraine confirms he is turbofucked

Drop the "the". Just Ukraine. It's cleaner.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

This is absolutely blatant corruption and abuse of power, and if the Ukraine confirms he is turbofucked

There is always more and its always worse.

It might be a country for each candidate, warren, sanders, etc. Who knows. Biden being the lock isnt a sure thing so why wouldnt he cover his bases?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Ringo Star Get posted:

Guaranteed he told an aide that he used to pull poo poo like this when he would run his businesses. This is great proof of why you can’t run a country like a business.

Only good thing Trump has been responsible for is my father has finally shut the gently caress up about "we need a businessman to run the country".

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Tatsuta Age posted:

https://twitter.com/bluestein/status/1176992159813255175?s=19

I wanna say my state is smart enough to not vote this dumbass in but alas

Remember that time trump made him do a weird speech in front of a bunch of Boy Scouts then fired him?

I’m very excited to vote and campaign for every dem running against him for isaksons seat. gently caress that guy.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

TulliusCicero posted:

Oh my god. Oh my god. If Trump goes down in the international equivalent of #MeToo, that would be just :discourse:

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Cacator posted:

Drop the "the". Just Ukraine. It's cleaner.

I think it's people making fun of Rudy/Trump saying that.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Is this just the congressional equivalent of screaming TMURP?

He introduces a resolution and then votes to kill it.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Any European country that doesn't want to be in Russia's sphere of influence has been shaken down by Trump like this.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Yesterday, Rudy Giuliani went on the news, held up his phone, and proudly proclaims that he has recordings of all his phone conversations.

ahahaha. Lordy there are TAPES!

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Are things really mattering? Is this real?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

If nothing else, I kind of feel sorry that no one will ever again use any other picture of Zelensky for any news item again.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Spun Dog posted:

Is this just the congressional equivalent of screaming TMURP?

He introduces a resolution and then votes to kill it.

Kevin McCarthy is not a bright boi

The fact that Trump silenced the Mueller investigation and refused to even talk to Mueller, and just comes out and says "Yeah I blackmailed the entire country of Ukraine, but I was very nice!" Is loving mind blowing

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

SocketWrench posted:

These people kill me. Clinton got a BJ, holy gently caress the world is ending the presidency has been compromised!
*3 mile long list of Trump crimes including treason, money laundering, and adultery* How dare you try to hold Trump accountable!

If I remember the rhetoric before the election when people were asking "How can good holy Christians vote for an adulterating liar" and the reply was "God's messenger doesn't have to be perfect to do God's work". Of course messenger means Republican because lord knows they wouldn't consider a Democrat an imperfect messenger or anything.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

drilldo squirt posted:

Are things really mattering? Is this real?

It's very much seeming like it, but almost impossible to believe it at the same time.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Pollyanna posted:

:laffo: ok m’dude

Just wait if Trump does get impeached. Reps will be going hog wild after the next eight dem presidents. "We're drawing impeachment because the president used Dijon mustard, a crime against America of the highest concern!"

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

ManBoyChef posted:

do you think that the "dirt" was going to be completely fabricated lies?

Do you not? Why are you assuming that there is any?

That sort of thinking plays right into Both-Sides and whataboutism.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Ham posted:

Not to say this was Pelosi's masterplan, but I would give her credit for holding off until she had a solid case. An impeachment inquiry coming after the Mueller report and the stonewalling by the White House would come off as a lot more spurious compared to this thing, where you can point to all the facts and stare in disbelief.

There were unbelievable facts in the Mueller report and it didn't even move the needle.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Ham posted:

I think it's people making fun of Rudy/Trump saying that.

Hard to say really. It's a phrase that indicates how old someone is, since in the Soviet era you referred to it as a region "The Ukraine", and now you refer to it as the country "Ukraine".

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

sean10mm posted:

Any European country that doesn't want to be in Russia's sphere of influence has been shaken down by Trump like this.

Definitely but probably in not so obvious a smoking gun as “give me dirt on my political opponent”

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

SocketWrench posted:

Just wait if Trump does get impeached. Reps will be going hog wild after the next eight dem presidents. "We're drawing impeachment because the president used Dijon mustard, a crime against America of the highest concern!"

Do you honestly believe they're not already going to do that after stealing a Supreme Court seat amongst many other things?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Taerkar posted:

Do you not? Why are you assuming that there is any?

That sort of thinking plays right into Both-Sides and whataboutism.

Biden's got a pretty long history of corruption. That said, there doesn't seem to be much of that from him in this particular case.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Fart Amplifier posted:

It's very much seeming like it, but almost impossible to believe it at the same time.

I'm afraid I'll blink and everything will be as it was before.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

TulliusCicero posted:

This is absolutely blatant corruption and abuse of power, and if Ukraine confirms he is turbofucked

Edit: fixed

I bet Japan is one. Shinzo Abe has been such a lickspittle and at a few junctures been the guy Trump looked to for his token support on the world stage.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

SocketWrench posted:

And this is different than they've behaved regarding every Democratic President since Carter how exactly? The only reason they never impeached Obama was because he never gave them anything they could get traction on. In fact wasn't there some GOP idiot that was trying to impeach him regularly anyway?

Sub Par
Jul 18, 2001

Dinosaur Gum
It seems significant to me that none of the GOP Members of Congress who have read the whistleblower report have gone to the media with "lol it's a nothingburger" takes yet.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Jarmak posted:

I know this has been thrown around a lot the past three years but it never felt like people believed it: Nixon was as untouchable as Trump right up until he wasn't.
I really want to believe that this is the mattering, but I'm not getting my hopes up until his approval rating starts to drop below that 39% floor.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/ColbyItkowitz/status/1176997663818035202

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Rabble posted:

Yesterday, Rudy Giuliani went on the news, held up his phone, and proudly proclaims that he has recordings of all his phone conversations.

ahahaha. Lordy there are TAPES!

have to wonder if they're in icloud or not

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Sub Par posted:

It seems significant to me that none of the GOP Members of Congress who have read the whistleblower report have gone to the media with "lol it's a nothingburger" takes yet.

That's their tell. They'll be radio silent until they all have their talking points and spin lined up.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Nail Rat posted:

Do you honestly believe they're not already going to do that after stealing a Supreme Court seat amongst many other things?

They would, but they'd get them for honest crimes even if it needs to be kinda smudged and if you squint it kinda looks like a crime. Now it's going to be everything and anything no matter how trivial.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Sub Par posted:

There's just no way to credibly claim there's nothing there when the President literally does the crime in a clearly obvious way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's pretty silly that the five all got mad at juan for calling them out. do they think the ancient liches watching them would care if they straight up came out and said "yeah we're saying exactly what donald told us"?