Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

drilldo squirt posted:

Can someone explain why this one thing mattered when everything else didn't?

Because he tried to repeat the 2016 strategy of getting foreign meddling in the election and was unbelievably stupid enough to do it HIMSELF and on tape and in front of witnesses. It’s not simply “don’t touch the Biden” that’s a stupid rear end take on the situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

evilweasel posted:

I’ve noticed that as well. Sasse was the only comment I saw and it was not helpful to Trump.

I think the big issue right now is that the reactions are too candid. Republicans are keeping their mouths shut or using vague language like "troubling" because they aren't sure which way the wind is blowing yet. I don't think it's wise to read anything into Republican reactions (unless they're literally saying "yes, impeach") until they've had a few days to digest and develop a coherent strategy. This is all moving at the speed of light for a political scandal.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Tuff Scrote posted:

He’s actually stopped tweeting for the past 3hrs. Either his handlers smacked the phone out of his hand or he’s obtunded and in a puddle of his own piss

He was up late and up early so he is probably sleeping. I hope he cried a bit first and forgot to take off his makeup, and now it’s smudged all over his pillow.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

i'm glad the impeachment stuff seems to be ready to go, but holy poo poo the pelosi memes are going to be INSUFFERABLE

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

not joseph stalin posted:

I'm excited about her Just Society proposal, but I'm curious as to why she would release it today, of all days, when it will get the least attention. Hopefully she touches on that question.

'Their side is committing crimes, our side is proposing legislation that would substantially benefit the lives of 99% of the country.'

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Paradoxish posted:

I think the big issue right now is that the reactions are too candid. Republicans are keeping their mouths shut or using vague language like "troubling" because they aren't sure which way the wind is blowing yet. I don't think it's wise to read anything into Republican reactions (unless they're literally saying "yes, impeach") until they've had a few days to digest and develop a coherent strategy. This is all moving at the speed of light for a political scandal.

If the whistle blower report was in any way middling they would have been already leaking reports on how it makes Trump look good and how the Dems screwed up. But instead we’ve seen nothing.

Sub Par
Jul 18, 2001

Dinosaur Gum
USPOL Fall: summiting the Matterhorn

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Mr Interweb posted:

i'm glad the impeachment stuff seems to be ready to go, but holy poo poo the pelosi memes are going to be INSUFFERABLE

I think you'll live

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

drilldo squirt posted:

Because it’s Joe Biden, white Supremecist lover and the last hope of Boomers to mess the world up

They’ve been setting him up as Trumps replacement so can’t risk that apparently

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Gatts posted:

Because it’s Joe Biden, white Supremecist lover and the last hope of Boomers to mess the world up

This is dumb

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Gatts posted:

:rolleyes:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

You know, I hope that somebody uses the inquiry to get that drat GJ info from the Mueller report.

Even though when I say that, I think to myself "wasn't that five years ago?"

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If the whistle blower report was in any way middling they would have been already leaking reports on how it makes Trump look good and how the Dems screwed up. But instead we’ve seen nothing.

Yeah, we pretty much know that if there was anything they could easily use in it, Nunes would've blabbed it everywhere already. If he hasn't said poo poo, it's at least bad enough that he can't figure out how to spin it on his own and he doesn't know what to do.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1177017432390668293?s=21

FOX FIGHT

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's going to be insanely damning, but I think it's a mistake to assume that Republicans will vote to remove Trump based on its content. It's bad enough that they don't have a cohesive response, but they're going to decide to support removal on the basis of whether they think they can get away with it, not whether Trump actually did something wildly illegal.

This is why I'm saying that their off-the-cuff responses don't really matter. What's important is what they say over the next few days.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

So what dumbfuck distraction do we think he'll try? Declare martial law?

Also: :yeshaha:

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

scuz posted:

:( indeed.

HOWEVER!

You can (in chrome) right-click a user's av, click "Open image in new tab," and increment the number at the end of the URL downwards to see into the paaaaaaaaast

eke out posted:

you can open the image in chrome and just change the final number to see old avs (e.g. if it's currently 13, 01-12 should be the previous avs). won't show text tho

Time travelling from the distant past to say, Awesome, thanks!

okay now back to page 73

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I'd be mad but then I'd probably jerk off and get drunk in celebration.

off topic, but how much trouble can you get into for urinating on someone's grave? Asking for a friend.

In lot's o' states conviction = public exposure which = sex offender.

Good luck!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
If it were Bernie I doubt they’d push this hard

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

AOC just said that she supports narrowing the probe on Ukraine.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

not joseph stalin posted:

I'm excited about her Just Society proposal, but I'm curious as to why she would release it today, of all days, when it will get the least attention. Hopefully she touches on that question.

It really doesn’t matter when it is announced. It’s not like policy drops are things that the general public care about, so it wouldn’t matter if it gets pushed off the news cycle now.

She will always be able to point to this moment though to refute that Dems only want to obstruct. On the day the House moved to impeach, she dropped a major policy proposal.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

tucker resisted calling him the f word but it will surely come out sooner or later

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

So let it be concretely damning. Only fucks over Lindsey Graham more and more as he continues to lick.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

RZA Encryption posted:

There is no justice in this world, so I have no expectation he will be punished in a way that impacts his quality of life. He should just go away so he can do no further harm.

If it happens I'll be driving around various suburbs blaring party music.

Chudburbs.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Paradoxish posted:

It's going to be insanely damning, but I think it's a mistake to assume that Republicans will vote to remove Trump based on its content. It's bad enough that they don't have a cohesive response, but they're going to decide to support removal on the basis of whether they think they can get away with it, not whether Trump actually did something wildly illegal.

This is why I'm saying that their off-the-cuff responses don't really matter. What's important is what they say over the next few days.

You're right, but the fact that removal is within the scope of possibility is insane, better than my wildest dreams

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I’ve never watched Cuomo before, does he usually suck like this?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

AOC just said that she supports narrowing the probe on Ukraine.

Pretty sure that means the whistleblower report is a total smoking gun then

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

If senate chuds vote to remove trump I don't think there's anyway they remove pence allowing for President Pelosi

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Google Butt posted:

I think you'll live

yeah but i cringed pretty hard every time snl brought on robert deniro to play mueller and having the audience lose their poo poo for 10 minutes

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Paradoxish posted:

I think you can read a lot into the fact that Devin Nunes read the thing and isn’t feeling like running to a camera and saying it’s nothing. To me, that says a lot: of it cows even nut bars like him into waiting for a line it’s bad.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

drilldo squirt posted:

It's a very easy to explain crime done in a very obvious way and the President posted a confession basically.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/politico/status/1177030052166406144?s=20

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Mr Interweb posted:

yeah but i cringed pretty hard every time snl brought on robert deniro to play mueller and having the audience lose their poo poo for 10 minutes

Get some real problems

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

drilldo squirt posted:

Are people still making GBS threads on Pelosi or is her finally caving making her good again?

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1176915366490116102

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

I don't think he has the stamina.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Bottom Liner posted:

Pretty sure that means the whistleblower report is a total smoking gun then

I for one would like the House to dig up ALL the Crimes, Crimes, Crimes! If for no other reason than to form support for legislation to make all this poo poo (more relatively) impossible in the future.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

evilweasel posted:

I think you can read a lot into the fact that Devin Nunes read the thing and isn’t feeling like running to a camera and saying it’s nothing. To me, that says a lot: of it cows even nut bars like him into waiting for a line it’s bad.

Oh yeah. If we're just talking about reading tea leaves to guess the content of the report then I agree that it must be awful. I just don't believe that Senate Republicans would ever vote to remove Trump if they felt like it would actually threaten their job security. It's gotta be bad in a way that will specifically collapse Trump's public support.

I'm really curious what could be so bad that it's drawing stronger reactions than that hilariously damning transcript, though.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1177030826392993794?s=20

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

RandomBlue posted:

It's a very easy to explain crime done in a very obvious way and the President posted a confession basically.

yeah, but he did the exact same thing when he fired comey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not joseph stalin
Dec 30, 2008

So that puts us at officially passing the house, then? Yay.