Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006

mactheknife posted:

LSU played a gimme, Vanderbilt, has a bye, and then plays another gimme next week (at 11am again, to boot)

I never thought I'd be this ready for the stress for Actual Conference Play but here i am

It’s good because they need to get healthy, especially on defense. Also while they’re playing Utah St (which I think is a game they should win, but not a gimme), Auburn will be beating up Florida the week before LSU plays them, which is pretty sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

dirty shrimp money posted:

Wouldn't that be about 24 hours too late?

I might be being wooshed here, but it is either fifteen minutes early or an hour and fifteen minutes early depending on whatever lovely time zone wizardry you are all doing in the rest of the country.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

MourningView posted:

They didn't even actually report it yet, I guess someone just dug through all his tweets and then called him for comment when they found a bad one so he issued the (honestly pretty good and heartfelt) apology to get out ahead of it? It was a Tosh.0 reference, apparently lol. The world is very stupid.

lmao. our society is incredibly sick and can't die soon enough

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Austin_712/status/1176710556629250048?s=20

Lol

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
first one seems fine

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Raku posted:

Lsu fans threw garbage at my family and Tennessee fans called my four year old sister ugly

It just means more

To be fair, those are good fans. The worst fans are the ones that go out of their way to be "classy" in the hopes that the other fanbase will spread word of their good deeds. It's kind of cringy.

Also I'm a fan of a team that has a reputation for being some of the worst fans in college football, I don't really give a poo poo about our "rep", not going to lie awake worrying about other people thinking our fanbase is "bad"

Alright, I'm joking about those being good fans, throwing garbage at people for liking a different team and trash talking 4 year olds isn't very cool (unless they are Husker fans, in which case I'm going to condone it), but if I saw someone in my fanbase do it, I'd think "that guy's a prick". Not "oh no! he's making are fanbase luk bad" while clutching my pearls

DrunkPanda fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Sep 26, 2019

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Meanwhile, on the classy side:

https://twitter.com/MurphyKeith/status/1176981740738555904

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I can't wait for the games to return so that we can move on from Iowa Twitter drama.

Meyer to USC is going to be hilarious. Maybe he holds out two years instead of one this time. But the big bucks and glory are going to be hard to turn down. Plus surely he could be the first guy to win a natty at three different schools?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

This is really loving cool that basically everyone other than Busch thinks this guy made some bad decisions when he was a child but is a generally great person

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

I can't wait for the games to return so that we can move on from Iowa Twitter drama.

Meyer to USC is going to be hilarious. Maybe he holds out two years instead of one this time. But the big bucks and glory are going to be hard to turn down. Plus surely he could be the first guy to win a natty at three different schools?

He would too. Urban Meyer recruiting at USC is an obscene idea.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DrunkPanda posted:

To be fair, those are good fans. The worst fans are the ones that go out of their way to be "classy" in the hopes that the other fanbase will spread word of their good deeds. It's kind of cringy.

Also I'm a fan of a team that has a reputation for being some of the worst fans in college football, I don't really give a poo poo about our "rep", not going to lie awake worrying about other people thinking our fanbase is "bad"

Alright, I'm joking about those being good fans, throwing garbage at people for liking a different team and trash talking 4 year olds isn't very cool (unless they are Husker fans, in which case I'm going to condone it), but if I saw someone in my fanbase do it, I'd think "that guy's a prick". Not "oh no! he's making are fanbase luk bad" while clutching my pearls

Trash talking children owns, he just needs better insults

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

This is really loving cool that basically everyone other than Busch thinks this guy made some bad decisions when he was a child but is a generally great person

People are also digging up old Busch ads where they used the old black people caricatures like you see in old WB cartoons. I cant remember the name of them. This whole thing is so ridiculous.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

LLCoolJD posted:

I'm honestly convinced at this point that the only reason he may not take it is how much a garbage fire USC's administration is right now. Like, if we view every university as the portrait in the attic while Urban's employed, Florida and Ohio State, both with solid-to-good athletic departments at the time, started showing cracks at year 5-6. SC can barely keep an AD and is literally burning down whole portions of the staffing and faculty to get the rot out as is. Urban's likely only going to do that if the department writes him a blank check which it appears SC"s new president might not be given the level of purging they've had going on. The dude wants like 800 layers of staff between him and everything else.

Also selfishly I want him unemployed for a few more years. Not because I want him back at OSU, but because I want to see all the insane Tennessee/Michigan rumors this will lead to over the years. Hell, if Mullen ever stumbles, Florida might be right back on that beat too.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

He would too. Urban Meyer recruiting at USC is an obscene idea.

Is USC's fanbase remotely liberal at all? Or are they basically ND-west?

I cant really see an apologist for domestic violence lasting in the more liberal areas of California.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Scarf posted:

I cant really see an apologist for domestic violence lasting in the more liberal areas of California.

USC feels like it would be a lowkey racist upper class fan base

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Scarf posted:

Depends on how many wins a year we’re talking about

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

General Dog posted:

Depends on how many wins a year we’re talking about

After all we know your price is around 9 or 10.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol the Banner Society Watch Grid has Akron-UMass as must watch and Virginia-Notre Dame as maybe watch. And for good reason:

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Mack Brown is taking down Clemson.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Sab0921 posted:

Mack Brown is taking down Clemson.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Ace Jameson posted:

It’s good because they need to get healthy, especially on defense. Also while they’re playing Utah St (which I think is a game they should win, but not a gimme), Auburn will be beating up Florida the week before LSU plays them, which is pretty sweet.

It's a gimme enough (we'll lose now)

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

vyst posted:

That tracks.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Scarf posted:

it's more like this

https://twitter.com/popespeed/status/1106989039935254528

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

That's just such a weird spread of takes

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

vyst posted:

That’s just suburbs

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Henchman of Santa posted:

That’s just suburbs

No kidding. It's white moderates to a T.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Cajun vs. Creole: How jambalaya at LSU tailgates helps explain South Louisiana’s deep culinary heritage

More of an off-season article but, still... lmao

quote:

“If you want to be an rear end in a top hat you go to the Tiger Rant and talk LSU sports,” Leger said. “If you want to be a bigger rear end in a top hat you go to the O-T Lounge and talk about anything, including hating people. If you want to be a delusional prick, you go to the political board. But if you want to learn how to cook, go to the Food and Drink Board. There’s good stuff on there.”

Kibner fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Sep 26, 2019

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

fixed your link for ya bud

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Mack Brown's UNC Teams have won 2 in a row against Clemson - 2 is a trend friend. Let's not worry about when those games were. I'm sticking with the Mack Brown winning streak

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Sep 26, 2019

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
N: K-State is simulating a hurry-up offense in practice by running two offenses against the same defense back to back by play.

V: lol I guess that's one way to do it

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Seaniqua posted:

fixed your link for ya bud

thanks, i really hosed that up with copy+paste lol

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

Sab0921 posted:

Mack Brown is taking down Clemson vs the spread

Fixed it for you.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

That's a pretty accurate representation of tigerdroppings.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

vyst posted:

Alumni/donor base is definitely this even among the ones that claim to be liberal because it's an expensive private school, fanbase as a whole is probably pretty left leaning relative to college football fandom generally because it's easily the most popular football team in the LA area.

Either way they'd be fine with Meyer because ultimately they just want the team to be good again.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Sep 26, 2019

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

I think that's the point. Satire tweet about how weird white moderate libs are.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

PostNouveau posted:

I think that's the point. Satire tweet about how weird white moderate libs are.

I can't take any kind of social media post seriously where the poster CAPITALIZES words when they're TRYING to convey EMPHASIS.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Scarf posted:

I can't take any kind of social media post seriously where the poster CAPITALIZES words when they're TRYING to convey EMPHASIS.

i mean, that’s white liberaldom in 2019

live, laugh, look past joe biden’s busing stance, as they say

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

Scarf posted:

it's LITERALLY a JOKE post

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

mactheknife posted:

it's LITERALLY a JOKE post

i mean ultimately they're all joke posts to me...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
It reminds me of one of those "I'm a FORKLIFT driver i HAVE several GUNS and say GOD BLESS AMERICA and if you DON'T like it GO BACK TO RUSSIA" shirts.