Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Bad gateway

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/director-national-intelligence-hearing-live-stream-joseph-maguire-testimony-today-2019-09-26/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I'm a little in awe at the history were witnessing right now.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Angry_Ed posted:

Is he still calling it a hoax?

Funny thing about this, the root of this may be Trump/Guiliani getting punked by loving Lutsenko in a vain attempt to keep his job.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Angry_Ed posted:

But is anybody working for Trump smart enough to realize that they aren't smart enough?

Files are probably sitting in the recycle bin

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Is there a chance the acting DNI drops a bombshell?

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

pacerhimself posted:

Part of what the whistleblower complaint might show is that the 'transcript' we saw yesterday might be the sanitized version - it would explain the posturing from Trump about what a perfect conversation it was, 'knowing' that what they were going to release would look innocent but also stupidly unaware of how bad it looked anyways.

But it's not perfect. This is what I'm still not understanding. What could possibly be on the original transcript? The transcript we got is wildly damning. It is the smoking gun.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Slowpoke! posted:

probably. my guess is he will be fired tonight or maybe even in the middle of the thing.

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019
Has anything more been said on the allegations that the Trump team was doing Manafort's bidding to get back at his investigator's in Ukraine? That rabbit hole seems arguably more damning.

lurker2006 fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Sep 26, 2019

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Slowpoke! posted:

He could roll on Barr, presumably

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Worth noting that the complaint details event before and after the call that lay out an entire conspiracy to extort the Ukraine.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Schiff is just goin all in here.

Good lord.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Slowpoke! posted:

Is he a loyalist? Would be take a grenade for Trump?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Paradoxish posted:

But it's not perfect. This is what I'm still not understanding. What could possibly be on the original transcript? The transcript we got is wildly damning. It is the smoking gun.

It would make more sense if they hosed up and accidentally released the more accurate version yesterday, planning to release the sanitized version.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

President's brain completely smooth, so what?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Focusing on just Ukraine got a bit bigger than the "perfect call"

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Paradoxish posted:

It's helpful to assume that everyone left in the administration is really, really, unbelievably stupid.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

twice burned ice posted:

It's helpful to assume that everyone left in the administration is really, really, unbelievably stupid.

This too, they might be so loving dense that they don't understand how incriminating the sanitized version is. They're just so used to crimes that they don't recognize criminal activity.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Okay okay this is all pretty heavy but WHEN THE gently caress IS INFRASTRUCTURE WEEK???

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Yall turn this poo poo on if you don't already have it on. This is going to be a slaughter.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/director-national-intelligence-hearing-live-stream-joseph-maguire-testimony-today-2019-09-26/

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Aidan_702 posted:

Okay okay this is all pretty heavy but WHEN THE gently caress IS INFRASTRUCTURE WEEK???

It has been Infrastructure Week for as long as anyone can remember.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Aidan_702 posted:

Infrastructure week was the friends we made along the way

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Trump sent Rick Perry to meet with Zelensky until he knew that Z would play ball.

Likely the smartest thing he's ever done. Rick Perry was notorious in Texas for meticulously avoiding any permanent records of his graft and corruption. He'd have people fly/drive from Amarillo to Austin to meet in person and avoid a phone call.

Then he handed it off to Rudy lol.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Paradoxish posted:

Direct mentions of withholding aid until the investigation is started probably. It's what their talking points focused on, emphasizing NO DIRECT QUID PRO QUO, so that's probably what's in there.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo
Does it make me a bad person that I wish Devin Nunes to be hosed to death by a syphilitic donkey? Fire this motherfucker into the sun already.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Every line you can read in the report that's labeled "TS/____" was originally classified at an absolutely insanely high level. Like TOP SECRET/SCI is basically as high as security clearances go. If we had a mole in the Kremlin in 1963 his reports would have been labeled TS/____ too.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
I see Nunes got his marching orders nice and early

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
lmao Nunes up to bat first. Let's get this poo poo out of the way.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

VH4Ever posted:

Does it make me a bad person that I wish Devin Nunes to be hosed to death by a syphilitic donkey? Fire this motherfucker into the sun already.

It might, but rest assured, you have company.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm surprised Nunes can speak so clearly with Trump's dick in his mouth.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

VH4Ever posted:

He's struggling to get his speech out. He's already slipped up in his quotes and his voice is wavering. He looks pretty uncomfortable.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

VH4Ever posted:

Neither the donkey nor the sun deserve that punishment.

CHEF!!!
Feb 22, 2001

I hope Nunes gets inoperable cancer and dies a slow lingering death while the few people who care for him watch helplessly as he withers away. gently caress him and gently caress everyone who sides with him.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

To sum it up. gently caress you Nunes.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

lol Nunes claiming this “witch hunt” is damaging our country when they spent how many years on birtherism?

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

DandyLion posted:

He's struggling to get his speech out. He's already slipped up in his quotes and his voice is wavering. He looks pretty uncomfortable.

LOOOONG pause just now as he re-checked his notes. He looked like he was having trouble emptying his bowels right then.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
I love that the GOPs defense is “yeah but we won in 2016, get over it.”

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

I wish this rhetoric would make him an accomplice to the crime.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

gently caress Devin Nunes, gently caress Barr, gently caress Rudy Guiliani, gently caress Mitch McConnell, gently caress Trump, gently caress the entire GOP.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

CHEF!!! posted:

I hope Nunes gets inoperable cancer and dies a slow lingering death while the few people who care for him watch helplessly as he withers away. gently caress him and gently caress everyone who sides with him.

Wow. This is said way better than my thing. I agree actually: why bring a poor donkey into this? Let the cancer cells do their work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Is he a loyalist? Would be take a grenade for Trump?

Schiff buttered him up. He has a good resume and is a career military guy.

News was suggesting he covered it up to get the DNI job full time, so he might be all in on this.

Guess it depends on which way he thinks the wind is blowing.