Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

CuddleCryptid posted:

I wouldn't worry about what the GOP is going to spin too much. We're operating on "talking points disproven by first page of memo" level of deflection here

I'm not worried about spin, I'm just frustrated by this guy's ability to cover his own rear end without implicating anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/cjane87/status/1177215345863606273

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

skylined! posted:

So, pretty big deal democrats won the house, huh.

Oh yeah. It's the one thing that stopped this from being completely buried.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
I do feel that the DNI cares about protecting the integrity of the whistleblower process which is pretty cool coming from a Trump appointee.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

skylined! posted:

Yeah, it’d be a literal white collar political crime spree that would make a Batman video game look reasonable without the house. loving unreal world we’re living in here.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

ewiley posted:

I'm curious why the president would *want* to have private conversations with other world leaders, as Nunes implies. The president is supposed to be advocating on behalf of the US, not cutting loving deals that benefit him.

It's absolutely tradition to publish 'readouts' of discussion with foreign leaders, this is a perfectly normal thing.

As always, you really don't understand how loving dumb Trump is, and how smart he thinks he is. He is really, really loving dumb and he really thinks he is super smart.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Schiff is grilling him now on who made the decision to withhold the complaint. MaGuire is waffling. He is terrified to answer this question directly.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

lol they're gonna get some rando DC worker shot

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

skylined! posted:

Now hold on, I was told that it didnt matter because nothing matters.

Crackbone posted:

This doesn’t mean poo poo until something actually results from it.

Hi, things have already resulted from it namely the stonewalling of a great deal of legislative harm that could be done by this administration.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I don't think either of them have $50k

...oh great here comes Wernstrom Wenstrup :argh: complaining about what Schiff said in his opening remarks again.

"This is no place for parody" well then why are you here.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

SpaceCadetBob posted:

I do feel that the DNI cares about protecting the integrity of the whistleblower process which is pretty cool coming from a Trump appointee.

yeah. also this guy is some 3 star general who was kind forced into the job. he has no loyalty to trump. just to his office/DNI/etc.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
C'mon Mattering, don't let me down.

This feels criminal.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Lol @ whoever thinks they would actually get that money.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

these GOP talking points are pretty sad. i like this wenstrup guy whining about schiff's opening statement but he keeps calling it a transcript.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

the DNI's defense that he didn't have to pass it on because it's a complaint about the president is absolutely insane.

It is crafted in a way so that it's legally plausible, but just ridiculous from a common sense perspective.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

I feel like this should be illegal but I’m not sure how, or even if it should be.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Maguire really was stuck between a rock and a hard place. What a poor unfortunate soul.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

What is this 'fiction parody rar lies by the chairman' poo poo every Republican keeps trying to peddle? Where is this even coming from?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Wenstrup looks like if someone tried to draw Ray Liotta from memory

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Oracle posted:

What is this 'fiction parody rar lies by the chairman' poo poo every Republican keeps trying to peddle? Where is this even coming from?

They think they can change reality if they repeat their narrative enough times.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Oracle posted:

Schiffs opening statement gave a recounting of the memo in his own words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN4CJ8MYLTY

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Angry_Ed posted:

I don't think either of them have $50k

...oh great here comes Wernstrom Wenstrup :argh: complaining about what Schiff said in his opening remarks again.

"This is no place for parody" well then why are you here.

lol the other day they had announced some insane press conference and one reporter (who is on the "Wohl doing insane things" beat) showed up where it was supposed to be, at Burkman's apartment - he'd forgot he had scheduled it, and quickly got into a cab and left

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CyberPingu posted:

"As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a corrupt congressman"

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

The GOP is really hammering on Schiff "creating fiction" and it's obviously just a meaningless sound bite.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Oracle posted:

desperation. they know this is as bad as it looks if not worse. they have to kiss Big Piss to get fox views and thats it.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Rabble posted:

Maguire really was stuck between a rock and a hard place. What a poor unfortunate soul.

gently caress that, he could and should have walked the complaint to congress immediately.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery
So they're really going to go with "investigating crimes is illegal" huh?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Oracle posted:

Schiff summed up the memo and made it clear it was not actually a transcript, because it literally said on page one 'this is not a transcript'.

Since then all the republicans have been screaming "IT'S A TRANSCRIPT YOU LIAR!!!!!!"

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Rabble posted:

I don’t know anything about him, but I do have sympathy- anybody who received that whistleblower complaint was turbofucked.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

just once i'd like the dems to poo poo on the republicans after they go off on these dumbass tangents.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lmao Wenstrup's point is "we should change the law to protect Trump"

good luck buddy

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CyberPingu posted:

this is a very good burn I just wanna say

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Rabble posted:

lol if he had any iota of a soul he wouldn't be squirming so hard to not answer questions

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Crackbone posted:

This doesn’t mean poo poo until something actually results from it.

:jerkbag:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Groovelord Neato posted:

just once i'd like the dems to poo poo on the republicans after they go off on these dumbass tangents.

That's what the GOP wants, though, to provoke a confrontation to get the focus off the issue.

But agreed, it would be cathartic

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1177230163937026048?s=21

Open the floodgates

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Crackbone posted:

I don’t know anything about him, but I do have sympathy- anybody who received that whistleblower complaint was turbofucked.

yea like no poo poo he should have done the right thing but I can get how someone in his position with his long service would be a coward about throwing it out in the inevitable Trump Storm that'd result.

Still gently caress him, but I get it at least.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I didn't know there was a statue directing the release of information.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Oracle posted:

Schiff has done this a couple of times to frame the phone call as a shake down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Slowpoke! posted:

Schiff has done this a couple of times to frame the phone call as a shake down.

Which it is, the GOP is just trying to complain that Schiff is misrepresenting it.