Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

AceOfFlames posted:

I spend around 15 euros on food per day because 90% of the time I have no energy to cook. Nice to know even so I have over 10 times the savings this person has.

You've got £80k in savings? loving hell.

e: 372 is the number of years it would take me to save up £80k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Julio Cruz posted:

this one is a climber rather than a jumper

https://gfycat.com/wigglyadorabledavidstiger

wait do you get to pick the urls now or...

I see some scratching action on the way up there, great multitasking

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Aramoro posted:

Worst part is she's doing the weekly shop twice a week. That's not how a weekly shop works.

I’ve done 3 weekly shops this week. I’m not good at planning

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

food shops? you bourgie bastards. im eating plaster board i found in a backlane

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

look at his lordship here, just finding food lying around like nature's bounty!

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Jedit posted:

The most pessimistic Brexit predictions, which are the ones for the no deal/no prep that Boris is now aiming for, have at least half a million dead by January 31st.
I'll have you know I read that unsourced claim in an authoritative & highly regarded forum thread

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Just finally caught up with Avengers Infinity War. I feel like Boris watched it but somehow didn't pick up Thanos being the bad guy. In fact it's a very interesting film to watch with a mindset of 'bad guy thinks he has to do the bad because he refuses to consider maybe he is wrong and there are better ways than killing half of everybody."

I mean at least Thanos has the moral superiority of putting that 'rich or poor' line in there.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Who here has the worst local mp?
Mine is Alun Cairns who is quite racist, especially against Italians so I think i win the Wales vote.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That famous historical welsh/italian conflict.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird

Jose posted:

Ritalin is not too different to coke j think in how it affects the brain but I could be wrong
Like off-label prescription amphetamine use to treat depression? Though I don't know how much is supposed to be directly neurochemical vs increased quality of life.
Worst side effect is probably a strange urge to invade France.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Clarence posted:

Do they ever interview someone on an ordinary salary or is it always those on 2-3 times the national average? I know it's London, but still...

Isn't Rothermere involved in the Metro too?

It's almost they have a vested interest in misrepresenting real people...

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

Mine is Alun Cairns who is quite racist, especially against Italians so I think i win the Wales vote.

Jacob Rees-Mogg, baby.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

Failing Grayling here.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Didn't somebody say they were in Chingford & Woodford Green constituency (Ian Duncan Smith)? Think that would probably win.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

That famous historical welsh/italian conflict.
Yup, he got suspended for it IIRC.

Darth Walrus posted:

Jacob Rees-Mogg, baby.

escapegoat posted:

Failing Grayling here.
gently caress, fair play.

I think IDS is probably the worst, or Priti Patel.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Darth Walrus posted:

Jacob Rees-Mogg, baby.

I've got Ross "The Rapist" Thomson, one of Mogg's senior arselickers.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

sebzilla posted:

earnings in the UK are extremely poo poo

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

sebzilla posted:

Slight less than that actually (forgot to take into account the exchange rate, more like 70k pounds), but yes. And I keep getting poo poo from my parents for not having more and not having bought a house by now. As if I want to tie my self down to any country, let alone one that might be completely underwater in the coming decades.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

AceOfFlames posted:

Slight less than that actually (forgot to take into account the exchange rate, more like 70k pounds), but yes. And I keep getting poo poo from my parents for not having more and not having bought a house by now. As if I want to tie my self down to any country, let alone one that might be completely underwater in the coming decades.

Wait, if you have £70,000, why haven't you bought a house? Have you just got that money stuck in your bank account?

And no country is going to be "completely underwater" unless you're living on a Pacific island or something. The literal water rising is one of the smallest problems climate change presents humanity.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Gort posted:

Wait, if you have £70,000, why haven't you bought a house?

And no country is going to be "completely underwater" unless you're living on a Pacific island or something. The literal water rising is one of the smallest problems climate change presents humanity.

He lives in the Netherlands. So, technically underwater already.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Gort posted:

Wait, if you have £70,000, why haven't you bought a house? Have you just got that money stuck in your bank account?

Tbf it is a specific consideration for people who own or are thinking of purchasing a house on a coast/flood plain/already-below-sea-level piece of land.

Because while normally I'd say "buying a house doesn't tie you down because you can always sell it later" that sort of stops being true once the house is underwater.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

My MP is Drew Hendry, who mostly seems like your average SNPer who really doesn't stand out in any way.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

w/r/t Lib Dem chat: when Democrats in the US say 'vote blue no matter who', they're really saying 'I don't give a gently caress if I vote in the second coming of Ronald Reagan as long as I'm not voting for a Republican'

the UK is not the US, mainly because it has (at least since 2015) a strong social democratic party with a high chance of being elected, whereas the Democrats are a(n increasingly Reaganite) liberal party with a social democratic minority

but hey, at least the US Dems have socdems in their ranks, unlike the Lib Dems

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I've got Jeff Smith, who seems pretty OK.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-w-pdqwiBw

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Looking it up, there's only a third of the Netherlands that's below sea level...

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Hi, sorry if anyone's dying for my posting genius today, but I've still got a mega headache and more importantly have been loling non-stop since they voted to not give Tories a recess for conference :laffo:

I'm not sure if the best part is the tories who are now going on about how anti-democratic and dead and illegitimate this Parliament is, or the ones who are just making forlorn tweets like "But... I booked time off work... I've got a hotel... what do I do not?" :laugh:

e; If Ace of Flames wants to not buy then good for him tbh, though I do wonder what you're sitting on 70 grand for if not in pursuit of such an end.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Flipswitch posted:

I remember that, surprised me because I realised that people must listen to Dau o'r Bae.

I have Jessica Morden, who seems pretty decent.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Gort posted:

e; If Ace of Flames wants to not buy then good for him tbh, though I do wonder what you're sitting on 70 grand for if not in pursuit of such an end.

I know people are going to laugh at this but i was going by this (and similar sources)

https://www.investopedia.com/retirement/how-much-you-should-have-saved-age/

Then again I am not following this because I am still trying to figure out how to invest without potentially losing all my money.

Gort posted:

Darth Walrus posted:

He lives in the Netherlands. So, technically underwater already.

Thank you for summing it up succinctly, fellow goons.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 26, 2019

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

There isn't a way to invest without potentially losing all your money. It's all gambling.

There are safer bets, like buying a house (also frees you from just throwing money in a parasite's pockets every month), but even stuff like, "I just keep it in my bank account" is you gambling that the money continues to be worth poo poo.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ms Adequate posted:

do you have any idea how much those sex bots cost

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

AceOfFlames posted:

Then again I am not following this because I am still trying to figure out how to invest without potentially losing all my money.

I mean you sort of can't. That's how investment works.

Anything that is super super low risk is going to give you basically no interest (like having the money sitting in a bank account).

E: Also consider that if you have the money sitting there and not gaining at least with inflation then you're basically losing money over time already.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Oh hey talking of money and stuff, remember when I was being chased by debt collectors? They're now taking me to court for some silly amount of money. I've looked back and the original debt they were claiming in 2016 was £150 (and when I asked for evidence they sent a bill for £50 from three months after I moved out)

Don't really need this poo poo but it looks like I'm filling in a court form and telling them I didn't live at the house when they're trying to claim I owe gas/elec from. Going to be fun digging for proof of moving out of a flat back in October 2014.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Tesseraction posted:

do you have any idea how much those sex bots cost

if that's what he wants he can just pay me jeez

Flipswitch posted:

Mine's Keith Vaz, who is Labour and his voting record is not great not terrible, but is also one of the most nakedly corrupt bastards in the place lol

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Ms Adequate posted:

Hi, sorry if anyone's dying for my posting genius today, but I've still got a mega headache and more importantly have been loling non-stop since they voted to not give Tories a recess for conference :laffo:

I'm not sure if the best part is the tories who are now going on about how anti-democratic and dead and illegitimate this Parliament is, or the ones who are just making forlorn tweets like "But... I booked time off work... I've got a hotel... what do I do not?" :laugh:

I think I read a couple of years ago that it costs £500 to attend tory conference.
Apparently if it is cancelled, it could have a negative impact on Manchester who apparently stand to make £30m out of the conference if it goes ahead.
They can still go, just won't have most of the big names there, or the tory mps could just pair and expect labour to be as reliable over pairing arrangements as they were.
Perhaps they could have some prolonged navel gazing as to what the heck they thought they were doing voting for Boris Johnson as leader and inflicting him on the rest of us.

'

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

if I were still living in Stirling, my MP would be Stephen Kerr, an odious Tory bootlicker who was only voted in because the students had just left for the summer and the Women's Equality Party candidate drew enough votes from the SNP incumbent to give the Tories the win

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I used to have Christopher "only MP who voted against the upskirting bill" Chope who must be in the running

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Brave of the tories to go to manchester imo, would be surprised if they don't burn down the convention hall and drag half of them out in wicker men tbh.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Venomous posted:

Women's Equality Party candidate drew enough votes from the SNP incumbent to give the Tories the win

always a shame for the TERFs to infight so much the trans AND cis misogynist gets in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

OwlFancier posted:

Brave of the tories to go to manchester imo, would be surprised if they don't burn down the convention hall and drag half of them out in wicker men tbh.

That's more of a Yorkshire move really.