Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Ok so my post 9/11 ran out after this semester and I’m on the hook for spring, sure hope that MGIB poo poo pans out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe

GD_American posted:

Ok so my post 9/11 ran out after this semester and I’m on the hook for spring, sure hope that MGIB poo poo pans out

Did you get that big kicker put in your account that I mentioned on the last page? I hope it pans out for you too.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

I just got my $1200 kicker back when my post 9/11 ran out.

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

Bruce Boxlicker posted:

Did you get that big kicker put in your account that I mentioned on the last page? I hope it pans out for you too.

If you don't mind, what conditions have to be meet for the large kicker? My situation is: finished BA, enlisted in Coast Guard, did not take Montgomery, separated, about to finish first masters in December. Starting second masters in January and will finish right before my 36 months run out.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

The Aardvark posted:

I just got my $1200 kicker back when my post 9/11 ran out.

check or straight into your account? Didn’t have to do anything on your end?

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

check or straight into your account? Didn’t have to do anything on your end?

Straight into my account.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

6 months left of benefits. What is the best way to use this for graduate stuff?

I am tempted to maybe try for a doctorate because of how oddly specific the degree is and how it relates to me (PhD in Semiotics and Small Cultures). That one is in Europe.

There is another in europe that would be ok but also put me in debt by the second year and is only for a masters.

I could also potentially go here, and have free tutition via California state benefits. The problem is income for this one.

Any suggestions?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Bruce Boxlicker posted:

Not yet. Is it at the end of the semester you zero it out?

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

To get back the $1200 do you have to take an actual classroom class or can you exhaust it all online?

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe

GD_American posted:

Not yet. Is it at the end of the semester you zero it out?

It was, yes.

Meshka posted:

If you don't mind, what conditions have to be meet for the large kicker? My situation is: finished BA, enlisted in Coast Guard, did not take Montgomery, separated, about to finish first masters in December. Starting second masters in January and will finish right before my 36 months run out.

I didn't have loans, enlisted in AD Army and did my thing for almost 7 years. I came in and paid my $1000 I think it was back in 04? Got out and finished my AB in IS. Benefits lasted until my very last term and then I got that huge kicker. I have no clue why and have never heard of anyone else getting it.

Bruce Boxlicker fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Sep 15, 2019

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Maybe it was some obscure bonus? I had some Navy college fund thing that gave me $350/mo for 36 months alongside my GI Bill.

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Aardvark posted:

Maybe it was some obscure bonus? I had some Navy college fund thing that gave me $350/mo for 36 months alongside my GI Bill.

Maybe. Still, I've never heard of anyone else getting it. My wife didn't get it either when she exhausted hers 12 months prior to mine.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Soulex posted:

6 months left of benefits. What is the best way to use this for graduate stuff?

I am tempted to maybe try for a doctorate because of how oddly specific the degree is and how it relates to me (PhD in Semiotics and Small Cultures). That one is in Europe.

There is another in europe that would be ok but also put me in debt by the second year and is only for a masters.

I could also potentially go here, and have free tutition via California state benefits. The problem is income for this one.

Any suggestions?

Use your benefits, sure, but don't get a PhD anywhere that won't pay you to be there. This thread is helpful.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

TPUSA is bringing Dana Loesch to talk about “Saving the 2nd” on campus barffffff

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
I've been seeing chalked sidewalk touting her visit here on my campus, too
The University probably hasn't approved real flyers lol

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is she the one in that fear mongering video where she says that liberals are coming to kill my guns?

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Cojawfee posted:

Is she the one in that fear mongering video where she says that liberals are coming to kill my guns?

Yes.

The TPUSA nerds on my campus got a favorable review in the school paper recently even though they have dumb signs like "Fossil fuels save lives" out at their weekly tabling.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I'd be so tempted to just spend all my free time loving with them. Just hang out next to them wearing a banana hammock dancing around.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I don't think there was a TPUSA club at my alma mater, at least not a couple of years ago when I graduated. The VP of the College Republicans got himself kicked out for posting european white nationalist poo poo on their Facebook page.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If they are handing out flyers, just stand next to them with a trashcan that you wrote "recycling" on.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

This is juuuust about all you need to know about Toilet Paper USA. Text in the sign is edited, but the rest is genuine. It's about as coherent as most other right-wing propaganda.

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe
If it makes you feel better, Joey Gibson barged in to my campus last spring to tell everyone that racism is cool or whatever he does. They put him in a not-so-used food court on the weekend and no one really went inside to listen. There were a lot of protesters outside though! Still, TPUSA is like Patriot Prayer++.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Man being 33 and going to college club sports is a weird feeling. Can't beat the cost though, $65 for free Kayaking trips and equipment rentals all year!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

“Excuse me bearded and tattooed man are you the chaperone?”

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q72goReNPBQ&t=7s

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

God forbid I'm not in flip flops, shorts, and a tee walking into class the beginning of a semester because I'll see the entire room sit up and start getting ready to take notes.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

The business school makes all masters students wear business casual or professional daily. I constantly have undergrads mistake me for a prof.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

lol what are they gonna do give you an F for not seeing the DI's face in your shoes come on

suits are uniforms for capitalists

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I've been dressing like a child since I got out so I can fit in with the other kids. And I oop, and I oop. Sksksksksksk

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

okay mr business prof your twenty years here at the business school sure has given you a lot of practical real-world business experience, im gonna put on my suit and pound pavement

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

EBB posted:

lol what are they gonna do give you an F for not seeing the DI's face in your shoes come on

suits are uniforms for capitalists

The head of the department pulled me aside when i was wearing jeans and a polo and asked if i wore that to work as an attorney. I had literally been in my law office right before i came to class.

It’s because most of my classmates are fresh from undergrad and there are frequently industry recruiters here.

Ans yeah, i’m getting a masters in finance. It’s capitalist central. Investment banking class today is all about leveraged buyouts.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

God forbid I'm not in flip flops, shorts, and a tee walking into class the beginning of a semester because I'll see the entire room sit up and start getting ready to take notes.

lmao

Mr. Nice! posted:

The business school makes all masters students wear business casual or professional daily. I constantly have undergrads mistake me for a prof.

fuckkkkk that

They tried to make the men shave where I was at and that lasted like three days. “I don’t care what your real world jobs will demand, this is how I want it done now.” I was like “oh hell no I didn’t just shave for five years to have to do it again.” I didn’t complain, but I guess enough dudes who had been rocking a goatee for 20 years did

Medical Doctors are —coerced into—moving away from ties because of obvious infection control reasons. Unless you’re on a dance floor: if you’re flipping it over your shoulder or tucking it into your shirt between buttons what’s the point event

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 26, 2019

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Mr. Nice! posted:

The head of the department pulled me aside when i was wearing jeans and a polo and asked if i wore that to work as an attorney. I had literally been in my law office right before i came to class.

It’s because most of my classmates are fresh from undergrad and there are frequently industry recruiters here.

Ans yeah, i’m getting a masters in finance. It’s capitalist central. Investment banking class today is all about leveraged buyouts.

lol gotta look hot for the recruiters or they'll blacklist you

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I don't want any non-uniformed job where I have to show up in anything more than a t-shirt most days, and at most a polo and khakis for events. If I get the work done why does it matter if I look like business or not to my coworkers?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I’d like to actually make some money and dgaf if it means not wearing shorts and flip flops daily.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_9hYMVVv_Q

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

loving grumpy old rear end

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Mr. Nice! posted:

I’d like to actually make some money and dgaf if it means not wearing shorts and flip flops daily.

https://youtu.be/sZHCVyllnck

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Personally, I don't like money. That is why I am back in grad school again to eventually make less money than I did in my post-active duty job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I'd rather be happy than rich. None of the things that make me happy are things money can buy :shrug: