Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I still think theres a nonzero chance the Trumps just flees the country

welp, weird snype heres my drama cat tax
https://twitter.com/akkitwts/status/1176857542196125698

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

evilweasel posted:

a voice vote is anonymous, so there's anonymous votes all the time

it's just that anyone can call for a recorded vote to confirm the voice vote

Sure, but the Senate's not going to just go "y'all cool or nah" for an impeachment trial.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

gh0stpinballa posted:

nobody is disputing this. but there is no way sleepy joe's drug addled failson came by some random high paying job in ukraine honestly. i think pelosi is smart to call for a narrow inquiry, no telling what the fallout would be if they widened the scope. lots of democrat donors had their hands in the ukrainian pork barrel at that time.

Thank you for you thoughts, insanely obvious talking point bot.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Finally, the thread can feel some sense of solidarity with a GOP Senator.

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/1177295177771343877

Extremely same, Sen, Ernst.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Imagine thinking that anything biden did has any bearing on Trump's impeachment

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

eviltastic posted:

Same, but whiskey.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Lote posted:

This.

Plus this,

Means that instead of making the crimes not obvious and hidden, what the Trump team did with classified docs makes it super obvious who was in on the plot.

I still can’t believe it. This is somehow worse than the scene from the Wire on taking notes on a conspiracy.

Those systems also record exactly who accessed them and when, correct? Gonna make "I didn't know" a hard sell for anyone who shows up in those logs.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

mdemone posted:

Jesus loving Christ on a jet-ski, they've been doing it for years. I am completely buffaloed.

Are you really, though?

I mean, really??

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I would love some ethanol right now.

Just want to slam some ethanol.

Reminder Ernst is up for election in 2020 and is dodging this poo poo lol.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i feel like if the feds don't gently caress him(who knows at this point) NY will tear him up.

the NYAG was elected specifically on a promise of prosecuting Trump and has opened investigations into his everything

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

theflyingorc posted:

Most of them really can't afford to lose the support of 15% of Republicans, that's still pretty scary.

Yep. If, and that’s a huge loving if, support for impeachment reaches anywhere north of 15% he’s done. Republicans make up too small a portion of the population to have that many defections.

I don’t see it happening, but if it does, shot is going to get real crazy.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

mod sassinator posted:

*womp* *womp* Now we know why the republicans are so silent. They have no idea what to do and nothing that worked in the past is working.

It's because it is an open and shut case, and the whistleblower is not someone who (Might) have a grudge or an axe to grind, like Comey: it is a career intelligence officer who had no reason to stick their neck out except "holy poo poo look at all these crimes!"

Add to that Trump already admitted that he tried to shakedown Ukraine, and Rudy won't shut the gently caress up, and it's pretty hard to refute.

Even my Fox addicted father is like "let's wait for all the facts first before we judge him guilty", although there was a helping of "I think Joe Biden is corrupt, they all are" which was :rolleyes: no poo poo, but even the Fox News crowd is paying attention.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/marshallcohen/status/1177319183987748869?s=21

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Are you really, though?

I mean, really??

That's the real magic of the last ~4 years! Nothing, no matter how loathsome or underhanded or playground mob boss, is unbelievable or shocking anymore. It's great! It's a complete relief because if you were to match the kind of cruelty demonstrated by this administration up with competence, we'd be sooo much more hosed than we already are/will be.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Edmund Lava posted:

Yep. If, and that’s a huge loving if, support for impeachment reaches anywhere north of 15% he’s done. Republicans make up too small a portion of the population to have that many defections.

Gonna widly guess and say 20% seals the deal.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Going to be a rough 2 week recess for some GOP reps.

Good.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Edmund Lava posted:

It's doubled from 5% to 10% since the 20th. It's entirely possible they could hit 15% as more information comes out. There's still a second whistleblower report on an entirely different incident that hasn't really been made public yet beyond the basics of Trump interfering with the IRS.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/politico/status/1177320890863935488?s=20

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

eviltastic posted:

thats not exactly good for trump. i feel like if GOP had plan, we would know by now. i mean maybe they do, but the senate isn't following it.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Retro42 posted:

Going to be a rough 2 week recess for some GOP reps.

Good.

LMAO do any of them do town hall talks anymore? Or did the healthcare poo poo show stop all that?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/1177304040629313542

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Edmund Lava posted:

you're making a pretty critical error where you analogize the party's interest as a whole to individual republicans. you need to look at it from the standpoint of an individual republican senator. for most of those senators, the primary is the only thing that matters. they piss off the 85% of their base that loves trump, they're out of a job. they piss off the 15% that has shame? eh, they're still gonna win the general.

now, the party's interest may be for all of those senators to take the hard vote, lose their primary for the good of the party, then unify the whole 100% behind Trump, But Less Obviously Corrupt. but none of the senators are going to go for that: they're republicans, suggesting self-sacrifice for the greater good to them is going to risk them literally dying of laughter.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

It's either Jacob Wohl or James O'Keefe

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

whol's at it again lol

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

my mind is shot so what happened last september that cause the jump?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

"It sounds like an angry old man talking through that Home Alone voice changer... he keeps saying beautiful and 'the best' and the greatest people."

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Critical posted:

Quick story, i have been lucky enough to never hear Ben Shapiro speak. Yesterday I was listening to an episode of Reply All he was mentioned in and when i heard his voice i burst out laughing in the office. He sounds exactly like the loving dweeb he is.

It says a lot about who looks up to him.

Like look, if you're some young awkward kid and you want an example of how to be masculine and have your poo poo together and be respected, look cool, and have people want to agree with you and be around you then be like Idris Elba or Ron Perlman or something. masculinity is some dumb bullshit but good fuckin lord if you're learning how to be a man from fuckin ben shapiro. Ben shapiro is to masculinity and adulthood what a bag of rock salt is to icecream

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Rudy is truly demonstrating the decision making abilities of someone who would put a terrorist response HQ in the very buildings that have a history of being attacked by terrorists.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Unrelated to anything, but holy poo poo someone bought you ANOTHER mad AV lmaooooo

Lowtax is gonna have a cyber-spine at this rate.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

I mean, at this point it's hard to prove that someone hasn't been Trump's chief of staff at one time or another.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

It's either Jacob Wohl or James O'Keefe

They all link back to a phone registered to Wacob Johl, I'm sure he'll be fine.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

my mind is shot so what happened last september that cause the jump?

Kavanaugh hearings maybe?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

sean10mm posted:

Unrelated to anything, but holy poo poo someone bought you ANOTHER mad AV lmaooooo

Lowtax is gonna have a cyber-spine at this rate.

they did? no avatar is even showing up for me

man i'm not sure i've even seen most of the madvatars

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Herstory Begins Now posted:

It says a lot about who looks up to him.

Like look, if you're some young awkward kid and you want an example of how to be masculine and have your poo poo together and be respected, look cool, and have people want to agree with you and be around you then be like Idris Elba or Ron Perlman or something. masculinity is some dumb bullshit but good fuckin lord if you're learning how to be a man from fuckin ben shapiro. Ben shapiro is to masculinity and adulthood what a bag of rock salt is to icecream

Actually look at woke trans folks, they've been on both sides of masculinity and have incredible insights. See:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1xxcKCGljY

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
There's always the :chaostrump: option where he whistleblows himself again by releasing another incriminating call transcript or something similar.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Tayter Swift posted:

Quick, someone sneak a GPS tag on one of Rudy's cufflinks. He'll lead us to John McAfee by the weekend.

at this rate he'd be more likely to lead us to jimmy hoffa

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Shifty Pony posted:

Those systems also record exactly who accessed them and when, correct? Gonna make "I didn't know" a hard sell for anyone who shows up in those logs.

Yeah. Plus, it would be highly illegal to give your access info to someone else.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Oracle posted:

It wasn't bribery it was extortion. He WITHHELD millions of taxpayer dollars that the people's representatives had already earmarked for the defense of a critical ally against the Russian Federation unless said ally manufactured dirt/the appearance of corruption on his political opponent.

if I understand it correctly it was both, because once he felt like he got agreement he authorized a bonus $100million

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I deal with ethanol every day. I still want alcohol after I work with ethanol because of ethanol sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Hobo Clown posted:

I often think about the eventual movie that will come out of this. How do you tell this story in 2-3 hours? Where does the script even start?

They're gonna have to fashion entire year-long courses in university about this four-year period. Entire bookshelves will be written by Robert Caro. The HBO miniseries will run for 20 seasons.