Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Play Pass is cool only because all 4 sorcery! games are on it and I figure I can blow through them all before the 10 day trial is up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Stockwell posted:

Thanks just gotta leave my guild so it'll be the hour cheers.

Added you

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Does anyone have a link to the Epic 7 discord? And or a spot in the guild?

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Saxophone posted:

https://discord.gg/nQB5WA and the guilds are probably full atm.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

I am going to roll a Mage tomorrow for S16 of Ulala and try and push to keep 99%. Any of you goons want to make a team? I'm not expecting any crazy commitment, just log in a couple times to upgrade stuff and do your daily Golden Finger so we can manage each other's stuff. I'd just rather play with goons than pubs.

Seawaffle
Jun 21, 2007
making a career of misquoting

Saxophone posted:

There's also a thread here, but yeah, I think all the guilds are currently full up. Maybe we need a third one, if more goons are interested.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Finding I'm enjoying gacha games a lot more when there's no multiplayer arena thing that pressures you to keep up for exclusive currency.

AKA I'm enjoying the attack on titan game lots, and been playing Void Tyrant too which is like a blackjack slay the spire combo. Mario kart is alright but you will eventually need a wide variety of dudes/karts/gliders to 5 star missions cause even if you get first place with 1/2 tier stuff for some you won't get enough points. Consequently with tier 2/3 stuff for the track you can get all 5 stars even in second place sometimes.

Deathmic
Oct 24, 2009
Applying to afk guild as deathmic tomorrow. Stupid one hour join block after leaving old guild.
Edit: Am ready to apply now, but it won't let me since the guild's full. I'll keep checking.

Deathmic fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Sep 27, 2019

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

wisdomHNOX posted:

I am going to roll a Mage tomorrow for S16 of Ulala and try and push to keep 99%. Any of you goons want to make a team? I'm not expecting any crazy commitment, just log in a couple times to upgrade stuff and do your daily Golden Finger so we can manage each other's stuff. I'd just rather play with goons than pubs.

I just unlocked my 4th slot so I will roll one. Happy to go warrior if you want cos I haven't done one of those yet.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

NPR Journalizard posted:

I just unlocked my 4th slot so I will roll one. Happy to go warrior if you want cos I haven't done one of those yet.

I should have my 4th slot unlocked tomorrow as well, so I'd be down. I was looking at either warlock or assassin for my 4th character.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

wisdomHNOX posted:

I can roll a druid to fill out your fourth.

I'm about two hours finishing up on NA season 1 and to give you guys a reference, going to Cobo 65 with an active team and two guys with the full passes ended up with 99.5% while my afk F2P team that started out 3 days latter is stuck at Jujule 120 but still slipped in under 95.7%.

Edit: cut off to 99% was around Cobo 25 or so.

Kegslayer fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 27, 2019

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

NPR Journalizard posted:

deathbagel posted:

I should have my 4th slot unlocked tomorrow as well, so I'd be down. I was looking at either warlock or assassin for my 4th character.

Kegslayer posted:

I can roll a druid to fill out your fourth.

I'm about two hours finishing up on NA season 1 and to give you guys a reference, going to Cobo 65 with an active team and two guys with the full passes ended up with 99.5% while my afk F2P team that started out 3 days latter is stuck at Jujule 120 but still slipped in under 95.7%.

Awesome!! I'll post here with a character name when the season goes live and we will get rolling!

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

wisdomHNOX posted:

Awesome!! I'll post here with a character name when the season goes live and we will get rolling!

Sounds good

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

wisdomHNOX posted:

Just hit 35 and have my 4th slot open now, good to go!

EDIT: Decided on warlock!

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Sep 27, 2019

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Are we all playing on the NA servers? We could make a ulala goon clan once we all met up in the main server.

Gin
Aug 29, 2004
and Tonic
I'm up for a goon guild but I've started on Season 14 so it might be a few weeks until I can join.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
The play pass thing seems pretty alright, especially at a 2/mo price point. I doubt I'd keep it past that first year but who knows.

There's a few decent games and apps in the 300 or so on there to justify that price. Games wise, limbo, all 3 reigns games, both monument valley games, 80 days, and a few others and some random apps that are useful but I wouldn't have purchased otherwise like an AR floor plan creator, etc. It'll get me to try out some stuff on the games front that I wouldn't bother with so hopefully they rope in a decent selection month to month..we'll see I guess?

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Alright Season 16 squad, team is up. ID is 74676 Password is 8118 on NA

edit: I'm on board with Goon Guild. I have 3 characters in Season 10, and this brand new on on 16.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.
Should we make a thread for ulala if we're going to make a clan?

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

Gin posted:

I'm up for a goon guild but I've started on Season 14 so it might be a few weeks until I can join.
What's your character name? I've got a warlock (Lorelin) on season 14 that needs a new group because the tank has been afk for a day and the healer quit the team.

Also started a druid on season 15 yesterday and am right at 99% with it, and started a gladiator on the last day of season 1 for the bonus stat points and just made it over 50% if anyone is on the general server starting a clan.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Happy to join the clan once I get dumped into general

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
You have to hit 45 on a character before you join a clan, correct?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

fyallm posted:

You have to hit 45 on a character before you join a clan, correct?

Yeah but you will get there before the season ends if you are in the top 95%.

Edit: Also clans have 80 spots so we can go nuts with alternative characters.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Sep 27, 2019

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'll also be down for a goon clan once I'm spit into the main server, I'm in S8 and sitting around 98% with a friend of mine + 2 randos right now and lvl 41. These regenerating giant turtles in the beach area get to be real motherfuckers if your interrupts aren't on point. As the healer (druid) I can't do a whole lot with that regard unfortunately. At least not yet, not sure if I get one later. I am liking this game a lot actually, I had some Google funbux so I got the 3 season passes which is helpful for the small pearl income per day.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Any tips for Hunter in Ulala? I feel like my DPS is lacking - I have 87k and am basically doing the same DPS as a 71k Warlock.

Gin
Aug 29, 2004
and Tonic

Presteign posted:

What's your character name? I've got a warlock (Lorelin) on season 14 that needs a new group because the tank has been afk for a day and the healer quit the team.

Also started a druid on season 15 yesterday and am right at 99% with it, and started a gladiator on the last day of season 1 for the bonus stat points and just made it over 50% if anyone is on the general server starting a clan.

Character name is Being, currently stuck in Gorge 70 - something.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

OxMan posted:

Finding I'm enjoying gacha games a lot more when there's no multiplayer arena thing that pressures you to keep up for exclusive currency.

AKA I'm enjoying the attack on titan game lots, and been playing Void Tyrant too which is like a blackjack slay the spire combo. Mario kart is alright but you will eventually need a wide variety of dudes/karts/gliders to 5 star missions cause even if you get first place with 1/2 tier stuff for some you won't get enough points. Consequently with tier 2/3 stuff for the track you can get all 5 stars even in second place sometimes.

So which attack on Titan game are you talking about, there's a couple of them

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

thehoodie posted:

Any tips for Hunter in Ulala? I feel like my DPS is lacking - I have 87k and am basically doing the same DPS as a 71k Warlock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jCEHT0g0UI

I've found this guy's vids really helpful, he needs to hurry up and get the Shaman one out already goddamn

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

thehoodie posted:

Hunters are basically a really good jack of all trades.

You aren't going not be doing as much damage as a warlock with the dot early on but that changes later on when you fight against bosses that need aoe attacks.

You're also hardier and you get two crowd control skills in the first island.

Assuming all your skills are the same grade, you can use eagles+weakening shot or some combination of storm+sunder+weakening shot at the end.

Gear and also your pet plays a big part as well.

Is there enough interest in Ulala for a separate thread? I have three characters in Allosaurus now so I feel like I have a pretty good handle on the game.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
One Ulala thing that wasn't clear to me, the pets you use to explore with are just the different pets you unlock in the manual. It doesn't matter if you hold onto them or release them they are so available (one of each type you've found) to explore with. So only keep the ones you intend to fight with

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

What happens if they get to 0 health. I've been to scared to find out in case they are a good pet.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Inceltown posted:

What happens if they get to 0 health. I've been to scared to find out in case they are a good pet.

Nothing, they just can't be used on adventures unless they have 50 stamina.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

in Ulala, if I fuse three 1star cards into a 2star card, and then sell the 2star, does it go back into the "deck" as a 2star, or three 1stars?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This Tempering mechanic sure is the whaliest mechanic for the whaliest whales isn't it :stare:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Dragalia Lost is having its First Anniversary.

Lots of bonuses for new players, and a free 10-pull every day for the next 9 days.

There's also big changes coming to raids, High Dragon Trials, and such for the older players.

Anniversary updates video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE6-rLhPml0

It's a really good time to give it a second look or start new.

Thread is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3867392
Discord is here: https://discord.gg/p7nwEHE

Its a good game, and probably the least predatory gacha out there.

e: oh also, there's a MegaMan collab announced

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Sep 28, 2019

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Got 99pct with season 2! Though it looks like they merged season 1 and 2, so getting 99pct is harder now.

Is there a goon clan yet? Should I make one?

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Sep 28, 2019

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Dragongem posted:

Got 99pct with season 2! Though it looks like they merged season 1 and 2, so getting 99pct is harder now.

felt like this thread wasn't getting into the game until later seasons, go for it and i'll see you in a week.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Currently playing Hidden Folks thanks to the playpass.

Perfect example of a game I wouldn't have bothered with outside of a subscription but I'm really digging it. It's just a hand drawn find the hidden object game but it's got some charm to it. It's a good pick up and play for a minute or two kind of distraction.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

thehoodie posted:

If you're in a fight where the warlock is able to keep Soul Seal from falling off, you are never going to out damage them. What you bring as a Hunter is a boat load of utility, and a little bit of crit fishing on close fights. Single target with no mechanics, I go Sheen, Sunder Armor, Weakpoint, Storm Shot, but all hawks and Sunder or Weakpoint works well too. On fights with interrupts, Hunters are really good at manipulating cast costs to consistently line up disruption. You bring Numbing shot, and later Boar, plus a solid strip to the table. Consistently lining these up (along with disruption from your tank) can go a really long way towards success.

Pet-wise, go for the highest combined Support and Attack stat you can get in the right elements. If it's close, you want Support over Attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Dragongem posted:

I don't think so. I'll be on the main NA server in 10 hours so either make one or I can do it.

Edit: Also gently caress the dual tiger boss. The gray tiger fully healing in a fury loses me so many battles.