Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

rental of the week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

value-brand cereal posted:

I like everything about this comfy alcove except. That. You know what that is. It looks like a table, but it just isn't. What the christ is that. Like tumorous inverted intestinal linings, but made into a table and also it's made of minerals. Imagine hitting your bare leg against that. You'd shear the skin off. It would deglove you, in a way.

I kinda dig the Tatooine Cantina vibe the alcove is giving off, at least.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Holy moly.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I like everything about this comfy alcove except. That. You know what that is. It looks like a table, but it just isn't. What the christ is that. Like tumorous inverted intestinal linings, but made into a table and also it's made of minerals. Imagine hitting your bare leg against that. You'd shear the skin off. It would deglove you, in a way.

Table looks like a melted candle. Also the light fixture doesn't seem right. Could use a smooth white glass oval or something and it would look nice with a less dumb table.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

I got that off a tumblr post that only linked to an entire instagram profile and not the IG post itself so I don't know anymore more than 'what the gently caress is that pink thing'. As some penance, here's a nice looking house. Galvani House / Christian Pottgiesser - architecturespossibles.

Downsides:
suffers from SSS [stupid stair syndrome]
terrible voyeur windows
has dirt you cannot vacuum??
really not friendly to anyone with mobility issues

That poo poo looks amazing, and not just because I would never, ever wear pants at all

BEHOLD

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

It's made from fossilized Italian meatballs. Eurgh. I hate the floor pattern too.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

I got that off a tumblr post that only linked to an entire instagram profile and not the IG post itself so I don't know anymore more than 'what the gently caress is that pink thing'. As some penance, here's a nice looking house. Galvani House / Christian Pottgiesser - architecturespossibles.

Downsides:
suffers from SSS [stupid stair syndrome]
terrible voyeur windows
has dirt you cannot vacuum??
really not friendly to anyone with mobility issues

Upsides:
blessed with rear end [architectural stair superiority]
fantastic exhibitionist windows
has dirt you don't need to vacuum
really not friendly to anyone

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

PRADA SLUT posted:

Upsides:
blessed with rear end [architectural stair superiority]
fantastic exhibitionist windows
has dirt you don't need to vacuum
really not friendly to anyone

Are you talking about the house or yourself?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

The weird wedge of mismatched flooring is making me twitch.

Oh wow for real I can't stop staring at it.

Has anyone been in a house with something similar? I'd love something like this but I'm curious as to how it plays out irl

Jaded Burnout posted:

Are you talking about the house or yourself?

:laugh:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Wow, do not lose your footing on this one.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

In Danish, the gist of it is "needs some TLC". But the interesting thing is the slideshow.

You'll know it when you see it.

https://www.edc.dk/alle-boliger/vanl%c3%b8se/2720/s%c3%b8ndervigvej-16/?sagsnr=27202583

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

KozmoNaut posted:

In Danish, the gist of it is "needs some TLC". But the interesting thing is the slideshow.

https://www.edc.dk/alle-boliger/vanl%c3%b8se/2720/s%c3%b8ndervigvej-16/?sagsnr=27202583

I don't speak Danish, but just based on the video, I could see falling in love with a place like that and wanting to bring it back despite the, um, quirks.

Probably a good thing that I'm on the other side of the planet then.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Yeah, that place is cute. I could totally see spending too much money on it.

Only quirks I could see were the basement cabaret stage bathroom, but I think that just practical for your all-night canning sessions in that very very basic "canning kitchen" that appears to be down there.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

TheManWithNoName posted:

Lots of houses have a “mud room” off the garage, very similar to what you are describing. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one off the front door, aside from some coat hooks and tile/wood.

Old northern/midwestern farmhouses have these by default. The biggest factor, I find, is that they're either older than electricity, or built out far enough that even today they run propane heat and wasting heat every time you open the goddamn door is expensive as hell in terms of a refill.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

KozmoNaut posted:

Place is kinda grody right now, but could be pretty nice if fixed up. How much are they asking for it?

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Place is kinda grody right now, but could be pretty nice if fixed up. How much are they asking for it?

About half a million € or 550 grand in U$.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

KozmoNaut posted:

I didn't know it when I saw it :confused:

Anyway, I'm the silly penis parquet.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

About half a million € or 550 grand in U$.

Duh, I should have looked down the page, but I just went for the slideshow.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Wow, do not lose your footing on this one.

you just whip around and spread it van damme style

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Jerry Cotton posted:

I didn't know it when I saw it :confused:

Anyway, I'm the silly penis parquet.

It's the stage curtain toilet, maybe it's not too high up on the weirdness scale.

Yeah, it's a fixer-upper, but not horrible, and reasonably close to where I live. Prices in Copenhagen are a bit hyped atm though.

Figure maybe ~$100K in renovations, and it could be really nice.

E: the garden butts up against an s-train line, though. They run every ~15 minutes.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 28, 2019

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

KozmoNaut posted:

It's the stage curtain toilet, maybe it's not too high up on the weirdness scale.

Oh, I didn't see it as remarkable because it's in the basement/garage and the place is all stripped down anyway so there may have been partition walls there.

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

Since we're now doing ads in moon languages, feast your eyes on this gem from the 80s:

https://www.etuovi.com/kohde/1195548

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

Since we're now doing ads in moon languages, feast your eyes on this gem from the 80s:

Holy poo poo - there is a lot going on there.

Tag yourself:

I'm the cat-sized daybed or chaise longue or whatever the hell that is next to the desk.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
The modern looking exterior definitely didn't prepare me for the attempted Versailles style rooms inside. As someone whose ideal home is basically a little cabin in the woods, I can't get inside the heads of people who decorate like they wish they were Louis the fourteenth.

I noticed that both this and the Danish house had floor plans included on the realtor's website. I wish that was more common in the US.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

I am extremely platonically horny for this.

Stairs? Into the bay? Yes please thank you! I would love easy access into some water.

Huge laughs at a toilet with handles. That's a kind of decadence I should have expected for a barbie dream house rococo edition. I suppose that's handy for the elderly or mobility challenged though.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

How Russian is the previous owner?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Medenmath posted:

I noticed that both this and the Danish house had floor plans included on the realtor's website. I wish that was more common in the US.

It would be highly unusual to not have a floor plan for any listing here, I kinda thought that would be standard everywhere.

Maybe we're just obsessive about furnishing layouts or something. Personally I would never buy a house that didn't have the kitchen and living room connected somehow. gently caress going to the other end of the house to fix snacks, while my guests are chilling with drinks/music/movies.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Holy poo poo - there is a lot going on there.

Tag yourself:

I'm the cat-sized daybed or chaise longue or whatever the hell that is next to the desk.

I'm the upholstered chairs next to the swimming pool. They must have some industrial dehumidifier in that room.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

KozmoNaut posted:

It would be highly unusual to not have a floor plan for any listing here, I kinda thought that would be standard everywhere.

Maybe we're just obsessive about furnishing layouts or something. Personally I would never buy a house that didn't have the kitchen and living room connected somehow. gently caress going to the other end of the house to fix snacks, while my guests are chilling with drinks/music/movies.

UK also almost always has them, though they're usually half-assed rough guesses drawn by the estate agent.

I suspect those listings without them are missing out on interest, same as detailed photos and a map.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I'm the spotted dog statue, sitting in a house owned by a Finnish analog of Liberace

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I like the TV that disappears between picture 34 and picture 87. Also the colonialism nook complete with plastic fruit tree in picture 90.

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

Medenmath posted:

The modern looking exterior definitely didn't prepare me for the attempted Versailles style rooms inside. As someone whose ideal home is basically a little cabin in the woods, I can't get inside the heads of people who decorate like they wish they were Louis the fourteenth.

It's not necessarily better when the exterior is stylistically consistent with the interior, e.g:
https://www.etuovi.com/kohde/9508295

Medenmath posted:

Around here it's expected, to the point that trying to sell a home without posting a floor plan is a huge red flag that the seller doesn't know what they're doing.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

KozmoNaut posted:

Jaded Burnout posted:

UK also almost always has them, though they're usually half-assed rough guesses drawn by the estate agent.

I suspect those listings without them are missing out on interest, same as detailed photos and a map.

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

Around here it's expected, to the point that trying to sell a home without posting a floor plan is a huge red flag that the seller doesn't know what they're doing.

I envy all of you. You would think they would be common, but I've been casually looking for a house in my area for a few years and I don't think I've ever seen a floor plan included in an online listing. The only exceptions are apartment complexes, which usually have the three or four floor plans their apartments can have all in the listing and you're left guessing which one matches the available unit.

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

It's not necessarily better when the exterior is stylistically consistent with the interior, e.g:
https://www.etuovi.com/kohde/9508295

lmao

:tbear:

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Quick question, thread. How do you feel about this chair?

source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BiadqvTDpET/ I think they made it?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Huge laughs at a toilet with handles. That's a kind of decadence I should have expected for a barbie dream house rococo edition. I suppose that's handy for the elderly or mobility challenged though.

Let's poopercise!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I feel afraid.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

It strikes me as something you would see in the bedroom decor of a child whose parents spent more money than is reasonable on it. The kind of people who appear to treat their children as accessories, or at least an excuse to accessorize.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

There are a handful of real estate markets in the US where floor plans in ads for single-family houses are fairly common, such as New Orleans, LA and Roanoke, VA. In these cases there is a company that heavily markets their floor plan-making service to local realtors and/or a big name local realtor who put floor plans in their ads and got good results so others followed suit.

In New Orleans it really makes sense because traditional shotgun house layouts can be awkward.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Somehow it looks like they might have been trying to reference the international wheelchair access symbol. but I am not sure why they would, and I am not sure how I feel about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Reminds me of the old Gucci logo.