Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Adam Pachinko Machine has a weird mommy complex with Hillary and has been obsessed with her since like high school and got welcomed in but Dou was a bit too eager to say he'd go yell at bernie supporters online for her so they pushed him to the fringe and now all the people she has left are the kinds of people who'd be equally suspected if she was found skinned and made into a human suit. She's made her own hell and hell you simply love to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Majorian posted:

Thankfully, that conversion only occurred AFTER he brought us the sheer, unadulterated hilarity that was Verrit.

yea also this, Adam and Neera and poo poo will never make anything hilarious as 'UH ACTUALLY DRUNK RACIST UNCLE AT THANKSGIVING IF YOU ENTER VERRIT CODE 69420 YOU'LL FIND THAT IT'S A VERIFIED FACT THAT HILLARY DOES NOT EAT THE ORGANS OF INFANTS IN A SEXUAL BLACK MAGIC RITE OF IMMORTALITY'. That's the kind of thing only a true apostle can think of.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

sexpig by night posted:

Adam Pachinko Machine has a weird mommy complex with Hillary and has been obsessed with her since like high school and got welcomed in but Dou was a bit too eager to say he'd go yell at bernie supporters online for her so they pushed him to the fringe and now all the people she has left are the kinds of people who'd be equally suspected if she was found skinned and made into a human suit. She's made her own hell and hell you simply love to see it.

so he is basicaly he is the Leon Czolgosz of clintonites?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

volts5000 posted:

I know, I know, I know it Seth Abramson.

:jerkbag:

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

sean10mm posted:

I want Trump to contract locked in syndrome and be kept on life support until he's 150.

The amount of millenials and zoomers who will refuse the lack of a grave stopping them will ensure he enjoys it in one way

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

StealthArcher posted:

The amount of millenials and zoomers who will refuse the lack of a grave stopping them will ensure he enjoys it in one way

"they can't stop us all" but with pissing on his grave instead of storming area 51

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Is Barr still flying around out there somewhere or has he phoned home yet?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Couple pages back, but this would be deeply worrying in the 90's or even the early to mid 2000's.

Its pointless today. Everyone is off the sidelines, and most of the remaining "independents" are humiliated Republicans. It is now a turnout game, and if Democrats vote, they win. If Warren energizes turnout, the Dems win. The only downside is she might energize the GOP too which could limit the chances of a massive crushing landslide instead of just a nice normal landslide, but whatever.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

sean10mm posted:

I want Trump to contract locked in syndrome and be kept on life support until he's 150.

I want him to live long enough to lose all his money and be seen by history as a failure and a joke. Then he can croak.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I want him to live long enough to lose all his money and be seen by history as a failure and a joke. Then he can croak.

this. he will almost certainly lose his empire with the various NY thing and i am sure some of his kids are hosed.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rigel posted:

Couple pages back, but this would be deeply worrying in the 90's or even the early to mid 2000's.

Its pointless today. Everyone is off the sidelines, and most of the remaining "independents" are humiliated Republicans. It is now a turnout game, and if Democrats vote, they win. If Warren energizes turnout, the Dems win. The only downside is she might energize the GOP too which could limit the chances of a massive crushing landslide instead of just a nice normal landslide, but whatever.

My favorite "independent" story was from when I was at gym a while back and I overheard someone proudly say that they were an independent because they voted for JFK. He then proceeded to spew out a litany of Fox News talking points

My dude, JFK was 50 years ago

CHEF!!!
Feb 22, 2001

The Glumslinger posted:

My favorite "independent" story was from when I was at gym a while back and I overheard someone proudly say that they were an independent because they voted for JFK. He then proceeded to spew out a litany of Fox News talking points

My dude, JFK was 50 years ago

The cocktail of seeing admitting one was wrong about something as weakness and marinading in the poo poo stew of Fox News and other right wing sewage is rather potent.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Spiffster posted:

Their goal is to scream it increasingly louder until it sticks, same as always.

if you watch the ad that trump campaign put out it seems like their plan is to make it look like the democrats are doing this imppeachment out of spite or is a relitigation of 2016. He says in the ad that the democrats dont think they can win so we are cheating. I couldd imagine that a lot of independents allong with every chud is going to believe this poo poo. what do you think the dems can do to counteract this narrative or replace it with the truth?

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Every single independent maybe voted for a Democrat or two in their 20s, but then hauled their rear end to gently caress-you-got-mine town and have been straight R ever since -- just ashamed to admit it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zophar posted:

Every single independent maybe voted for a Democrat or two in their 20s, but then hauled their rear end to gently caress-you-got-mine town and have been straight R ever since -- just ashamed to admit it.

Nah, there are independents who are like "Jill Stein is #1" types too. Most of the 'undecided' independents though are straight R.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/status/1178002285751865344

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

skylined! posted:

Reagan wasn't on the laundry list of drugs trump obviously is, and wasn't 100 pounds overweight. There's no way this man is alive in five years.

lol if you think Reagan wasn't a cokehead

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Two exclamation points. Hmm.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Just make her Imperator, lord protector of the Earth and all it’s celestial possessions already. She’s a better leader than almost all of the ones in power anyway

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so he is basicaly he is the Leon Czolgosz of clintonites?

I would have said Charles Guiteau myself. Czolgosz was just a crazy anarchist. Guiteau was a wannabe party insider.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/propublica/status/1178010278711177216

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

The kids are all right

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Nothing that’s a big deal is ever pre-hyped on Twitter like this though.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Ogmius815 posted:

Nothing that’s a big deal is ever pre-hyped on Twitter like this though.

https://twitter.com/propublica/status/1178018346979201024

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Gah, I hate when news orgs do this. Just publish what you have; usually it's not worth the buildup anyway.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Gah, I hate when news orgs do this. Just publish what you have; usually it's not worth the buildup anyway.

I don't know how you can say that, when Kurt Eichenwald's built-up expose of Trump was well worth the wait and greatly affected the 2016 election.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Majorian posted:

I don't know how you can say that, when Kurt Eichenwald's built-up expose of Trump was well worth the wait and greatly affected the 2016 election.

Wasn't he the hentai guy? I keep getting him confused.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Wasn't he the hentai guy? I keep getting him confused.

That's him all right. He kept hyping up that he had the real goods on Trump a month before the election, and welp...

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

In conclusion, metal is a land of contrasts.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

It absolutely never is. If its real news it just drops as fast as possible so they can beat others to the scoop.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I feel like pre hyped news has lived up to the hype once or twice but I cant remember what it was. All the other times it’s a letdown.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

If this is it, it doesn't look like much out of the ordinary, just getting paid to go to a Russian funded conference.

https://twitter.com/propublica/status/1178020333938458625

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Cactrot posted:

If this is it, it doesn't look like much out of the ordinary, just getting paid to go to a Russian funded conference.

O....kay? They probably should lead with why this is a revelation.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Cactrot posted:

Meh.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I know they already posted the story but every time this happens I think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XUnMiERBj4

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cactrot posted:

He also claimed he thought it was a pro-armenian conference, which is why he cancelled.

If he headlined it last year, he probably knew what it was.

Not that we all didn't know that, but it's funny to make him squirm.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

O....kay? They probably should lead with why this is a revelation.

He lied about thinking it was an Armenian conference and therefore tried to obfuscate his Russian connection, I guess.

Not really a big deal in this age though.

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

Wow, just caught up on the last 80 pages of this thread over a bottle of wine :stonk:

Aside from the usual GOP sycophants like Graham and rabidly GOP House R’s, I’m really surprised there’s not more unified Republican pushback on this. It seems to me like everyone is waiting for their marching orders.

Was also surprised at what a good job Schiff did in those hearings the other day.

I think the real one to watch, as always, is McConnell. I imagine he’s doing the political calculus right now on if he can knife Trump over this and ride into a Dem presidency in the senate as majority/minority leader. After making GBS threads on Obama, packing the courts under Trump, then cutting him loose in the name of patriotism or loyalty to country over party or whatever, to finish out his career basically just howling “Dems bad” without the distraction of Trump bringing constant attention to CRIMES seems straight out of the McConnell playbook.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

You can be investigated off of hearsay 'testimony'. That's the impeachment investigation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Rudy being a liar isn't hype worthy