Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Mario Kart: 958541412076

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

BrainParasite posted:

Mario Kart: 958541412076

Added, also Mario Kart: 9019 7174 0877

The monetization is a loving joke but game is still pretty fun having no intention to spend any money.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
As a warrior what skills and what order should I be prioritizing?

Edit: also im level 39. What should i be doing daily?

fyallm fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 28, 2019

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

fyallm posted:

As a warrior what skills and what order should I be prioritizing?

Edit: also im level 39. What should i be doing daily?

I answered a bit in game, but i'll make a bit of an effortpost here since typing on my phone sucks:

(Rough) Priority of things to do each day

- 3 Daily missions to obtain Golden Touch. Golden touch allows the rest of your team to change your skills and pet when you're offline.
- Smelt gear in Storage; it'll never destroy gear stronger than what you're using.
- Merge gems in storage.
- Upgrade gems, gear and skills on your character tab, and assign points if applicable.
- Send monsters out on Explore to get Fossils, Gems or Pearls.
- Capture new monsters, if you have any food available. 20 unique captures gets you 2 Explores as a time, and.. I think 35? gets you 3.
- At 42+, buy Clatter Cards at the Clatter Card shop as necessary.

That's everything you need to do when you log on each day, and you can finish all of that in under 5 minutes regardless of which dailies you get. Past that, you can try to advance your team, buy items at the Black Market, or log in multiple times a day to repeat.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
If someone dropped from my team and I can't replace them, and I get the mystic adventure quest in my dailies am I just hosed for the day?

Also, any healers around lvl 35 in season 8 looking for a team?

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

pile of brown posted:

If someone dropped from my team and I can't replace them, and I get the mystic adventure quest in my dailies am I just hosed for the day?

Fill your team ASAP, you won't make much/any progress without everyone contributing. Otherwise yeah, you're screwed on getting the wish coin.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

pile of brown posted:

if you click the little running person icon you can "abandon" the run but i think you can just go back in? this happened on my alt but not sure if there's a day cooldown, it sucked

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Getting pretty close to 99% with my team in S8, I've been having poo poo for luck when it comes to skill pulls because everyone has legendaries equipped when the only one I've seen so far is a skill I don't intend to use. My single target heals are on point but at the rear end end of the Juju Volcano level and I really need some drat AOE heals. I have the skills I need but one of them is Uncommon and the rest are just Rares. Bleh.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

M2tt posted:

Added, also Mario Kart: 9019 7174 0877

The monetization is a loving joke but game is still pretty fun having no intention to spend any money.

This is exactly how I feel about it.

It seems as though you need certain racers to complete the 5th star on some of the courses. I can't seem to get enough points to get that last star on some of them. I'm comboing, getting dash bonuses, attacking other racers and getting first place and still end up 600 or so points short.

Any tips on getting more points?

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

explosivo posted:

Getting pretty close to 99% with my team in S8, I've been having poo poo for luck when it comes to skill pulls because everyone has legendaries equipped when the only one I've seen so far is a skill I don't intend to use. My single target heals are on point but at the rear end end of the Juju Volcano level and I really need some drat AOE heals. I have the skills I need but one of them is Uncommon and the rest are just Rares. Bleh.

I wouldn't worry too much about people with legendaries - they probably pulled from the skill store early and bankrupted themselves. There are a lot better things to use premium currency on, plus a lot of classes get defining skills in future zones.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

It seems as though you need certain racers to complete the 5th star on some of the courses. I can't seem to get enough points to get that last star on some of them. I'm comboing, getting dash bonuses, attacking other racers and getting first place and still end up 600 or so points short.

My Kart ID: 475337205789

Really the best way is to use karts, characters, and gliders that are favoured on that course and try to hit as many jumps, boosts, and do as many turn boosts as you can. You can also buy all karts, characters, and gliders in the shop for coins, which is pretty nice. I haven't run the math on it, but it might be better for f2p players to do coin rush instead of pulling on pipes.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

My Mario Kart ID is: 002859542741

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Thundercracker posted:

So which attack on Titan game are you talking about, there's a couple of them

AoT TACTICS. The other one is a Chinese unlicensed knockoff with character recolors. The legit one is made by DeNA

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mario Kart ID: 1729-8668-6645

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Getting the right racer for bonuses certainly helps, but if you manage to get level-up tickets for racers/karts/gliders they'll start giving you innate combo bonuses which helps a bit too. Beyond that leveling up your racer level gives you more points for finishing in first place as well. I've made it to racer level 15 at this point and I've managed to 5 star every race except for one New York Minute. Last thing is paying attention to the track and choosing an appropriate kart, like if there are no dash pads then choosing a kart with a bonus to dash pads isn't going to help much...the difference is pretty small, but it can definitely make up those last 100 or so points when that's all you really need.

Gearman posted:

I haven't run the math on it, but it might be better for f2p players to do coin rush instead of pulling on pipes.

Especially at first it's probably better to pull the pipe. 45 rubies will get you 10 pulls and you're pretty likely to get a couple new things to play with. I'm still a couple rubies short of my second set of 10 pulls, but I still have a couple challenges that I can unlock so I'm sure I'll hit it eventually. I haven't done Coin Rush, but assuming that "Over 300 coins" means 301 coins the exchange rate is somewhere around 100 coins per ruby, and 4500 coins won't buy you all that much in the shop.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

I did one coin rush for the badge and walked away with a total of 800 coins, using only the 5x rupies for the 2x coin multiplier. If you do each coin rush, for a total of 45 rupies, and get 400 coins each run, you should end up around 7,200 coins. Not a bad haul, but probably better for later when there's a really good character or kart in the shop and you have a bunch of characters and karts already.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran
Yeah I just got my second set of 10 pulls and it was all commons, only 2 of them weren't dupes. I think I'm coming around to the Coin Rush idea.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Trying to get the "destroy 3 pipes" achievement and man that's frustrating. I think the only things that kill pipes are a giant mushroom, Bowser shell, or Frenzy.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Just got Tyrant Dragon down on my server 8 character (Jujule 120); super excited. Couldn't change our Warrior's skills either, since he hasn't done dailies for the day.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Niton posted:

Just got Tyrant Dragon down on my server 8 character (Jujule 120); super excited. Couldn't change our Warrior's skills either, since he hasn't done dailies for the day.

This is exactly where I am (with even the warrior whose skills I can't touch), but I have failed many tries. Just can't get him down quick enough and can't get debuff timing correct.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

Bruceski posted:

Trying to get the "destroy 3 pipes" achievement and man that's frustrating. I think the only things that kill pipes are a giant mushroom, Bowser shell, or Frenzy.

You get better items when you're behind so I intentionally didn't boost start and drove like a moron in hopes of giant mushrooms. Took a few tries but it worked eventually.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Chin Strap posted:

This is exactly where I am (with even the warrior whose skills I can't touch), but I have failed many tries. Just can't get him down quick enough and can't get debuff timing correct.

Uh, are you on my team? Because I'm stuck at the exact same place and my warrior is also offline and I can't change any of his skills. Getting this fucker down to 5% health when he frenzies and just can't finish him off.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Tyrant dragon is the one that auto gains shield every 20% hp lost correct? It helps to know shields are considered a buff and can be removed.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I sent requests to the Mario kart IDs posted on this page, mine is 106837034179. I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would! I played a lot on N64 so it's cool to have some of the old tracks around.

victorious fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Sep 29, 2019

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

GoonSquad is a go on the NA Server. Come on in

Edit: This is for Ulala Na servers.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Sep 29, 2019

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Mario Cart Id: 811838368263

Kedian
Jul 25, 2007
Rawr!!
Castlevania Grimoire of Souls came out (Canadian play store, but available on apk sites) and seems pretty fun, though I've def had to bust out a controller for it. Still haven't tried out co op, but seems fun if a bit mobile controlly.

Anyone else giving it a try and have any thoughts as to how p2w/energy wally it might be?

It isn't pachinko!

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Shwqa posted:

GoonSquad is a go on the NA Server. Come on in

Edit: This is for Ulala Na servers.

So, what do clans even do?

I'm assuming we have to complete a season before a character can join one.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Go RV! posted:

So, what do clans even do?

I'm assuming we have to complete a season before a character can join one.

After you finish the season you can do clean wars. That, along with PvP and Hero Hill gove you currency for toys.

Edit: it also gives you a group chat channel that isn't Global, which is worth it on it's own.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Man, I really wish Ulala would set your normal skills back once you logged in if a party member changed them around for you while you were gone. This is a real cool way to make progress while people are gone but when I get back and all my poo poo's messed up and I have a different pet out because someone changed everything it's kind of annoying to switch everything back. Either that or just give me loadouts. As a healer I need a single target, AOE, debuff, and later maybe even DPS spec and it's a bummer to not be able to quickly choose a preset.

RushJet
Aug 29, 2013

Barfk! Barfk!
:goatdrugs:
Mario Kar id: 3278 2866 9084
Added all previous IDs, will try to keep up.
This game isnt too terrible, but the gatcha RNG is killing me. Did a 10 pull, and got 3 dupes of the basic glider. :froggonk:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

explosivo posted:

Man, I really wish Ulala would set your normal skills back once you logged in if a party member changed them around for you while you were gone. This is a real cool way to make progress while people are gone but when I get back and all my poo poo's messed up and I have a different pet out because someone changed everything it's kind of annoying to switch everything back. Either that or just give me loadouts. As a healer I need a single target, AOE, debuff, and later maybe even DPS spec and it's a bummer to not be able to quickly choose a preset.

Yeah I don't understand why they don't have skill sets. I found that freeze mage just wrecks the giant turtle but it you lose lot of DPS.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Mario Kart: 7282 3152 8397

I love it, I get the hate, but it is a lot of fun for me.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Having loadouts that both you and your team could access (especially if you could label them!) would be a huge QOL increase. As it is now I've been scribbling down my teammates lineup so j can change it back before I logout

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

pile of brown posted:

Having loadouts that both you and your team could access (especially if you could label them!) would be a huge QOL increase. As it is now I've been scribbling down my teammates lineup so j can change it back before I logout

Yeah, I would LOVE for those presets if not for me, for my teammates. Not everyone is going to look up a guide on how to play other classes so they know which skills to put on their teammates, I would like a way to have 3 "USE IN THE EVENT OF X" builds for them to switch between.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

In Mario Kart, what are the badges next to people's names in the friends list? I don't have one and haven't seen anywhere to select one...

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

My Mario Kart ID: 4040 4575 5933

Thought it was dull as dirt at first but that was at 50cc, it's at least kinda fun at higher difficulties and trying to get 5 stars. The monetization sucks but i suppose that's the same for most phone games.

victorious posted:

In Mario Kart, what are the badges next to people's names in the friends list? I don't have one and haven't seen anywhere to select one...

Just keep playing you'll get them, they're just cosmetic, you get them for completing challenges, maybe other things i'm not sure

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

victorious posted:

Challenges, unlock after 7 cups I believe. Extra achievements that give a badge as a reward (and stars/gems).

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I used speed-up tickets to unlock the last cups already and the top stars on those tracks require absurd scores, like 10K. The staying power of this game's really going to depend on later seasons, if they stay the same then you can keep building up to the point where you can push those end scores, but if they power creep it's gonna be very painful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Challenges, unlock after 7 cups I believe. Extra achievements that give a badge as a reward (and stars/gems).

Ah thanks, I was one cup short of unlocking them!