Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Short people hilariously broadcasting their Napoleon complexes to the world through their questionable clothing or hairstyle is one of life's simpler pleasures, especially when they're a misogynistic chud and die over it.

I mean im not even quite 6' but just lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

y'all this is the weed number page

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Whoa

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Sup

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol drat I just looked down at my phone and end up on 420 well guess it's a sign to keep smoking

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
Postin on the weed page enjoying a bong watching a concert to end world hunger and a trump impeachment meltdown.

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001
:420::2bong::420::350::420::2bong::420:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

R U an Ur-Trashist?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I'm 6'2" and handsome and happily married :smugweedduke:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm 6'2" and handsome and happily married :smugweedduke:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
speaking of trump voters, too bad maureen dowd didnt die of weed od

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Hell yeah weed page. On topic: I bet that the opioid crisis has killed more Trump voters in Pennsylvania than the margin he won by, gonna be hilarious if he loses because he rendered too many chuds into pharma profits.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

fokls......................................

weed

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
im smoking right at this very instant and it’s good y’all

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
just finished off a bowl and headed to bed night y’all

Militant Lesbian has issued a correction as of 07:50 on Sep 30, 2019

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Epic High Five posted:

fokls......................................

weed

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

got any sevens posted:

goddamn she still has a job

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

got any sevens posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/04/opinion/dowd-dont-harsh-our-mellow-dude.html

Maureen Dowd posted:

The caramel-chocolate flavored candy bar looked so innocent, like the Sky Bars I used to love as a child.

Sitting in my hotel room in Denver, I nibbled off the end and then, when nothing happened, nibbled some more. I figured if I was reporting on the social revolution rocking Colorado in January, the giddy culmination of pot Prohibition, I should try a taste of legal, edible pot from a local shop.

What could go wrong with a bite or two?

Everything, as it turned out.

Not at first. For an hour, I felt nothing. I figured I’d order dinner from room service and return to my more mundane drugs of choice, chardonnay and mediocre-movies-on-demand.

But then I felt a scary shudder go through my body and brain. I barely made it from the desk to the bed, where I lay curled up in a hallucinatory state for the next eight hours. I was thirsty but couldn’t move to get water. Or even turn off the lights. I was panting and paranoid, sure that when the room-service waiter knocked and I didn’t answer, he’d call the police and have me arrested for being unable to handle my candy.

I strained to remember where I was or even what I was wearing, touching my green corduroy jeans and staring at the exposed-brick wall. As my paranoia deepened, I became convinced that I had died and no one was telling me.

It took all night before it began to wear off, distressingly slowly. The next day, a medical consultant at an edibles plant where I was conducting an interview mentioned that candy bars like that are supposed to be cut into 16 pieces for novices; but that recommendation hadn’t been on the label.

I reckoned that the fact that I was not a regular marijuana smoker made me more vulnerable, and that I should have known better. But it turns out, five months in, that some kinks need to be ironed out with the intoxicating open bar at the Mile High Club.

In other words, she didn't even attempt to figure out what would an appropriate dose, or what would be a good environment for it. So she ate a random amount while sitting there alone in a hotel room, and then (having not even done enough research to find out that the stuff can take a while to kick in) took another random dose, and ended up having a bad trip. But under no possible circumstance is any of that HER fault. Clearly the lawmakers who legalized the stuff were the ones being irresponsible here.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
A NY Times opinion geek getting hosed up because she didn't bother to do basic research is pretty lol

Too bad she didn't eat the whole thing.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Byzantine posted:

It is pretty funny how people spin the self-deprecation so hard they wind up back at "men and women are basically completely different organisms"

It's fun.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Maureen Dowd doesn't know how to eat weed, this trespass against common decency will not go unpunished, Maureen.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Grape posted:

Just as an aside, the posts on the last page saying something to the effect of "Women? Show men attention first??? lol on what planet does that happened!" is roughly in the ballpark of that tweet where some guy doubts women enjoying sex because he's never seen it himself.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Powered Descent posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/04/opinion/dowd-dont-harsh-our-mellow-dude.html

In other words, she didn't even attempt to figure out what would an appropriate dose, or what would be a good environment for it. So she ate a random amount while sitting there alone in a hotel room, and then (having not even done enough research to find out that the stuff can take a while to kick in) took another random dose, and ended up having a bad trip. But under no possible circumstance is any of that HER fault. Clearly the lawmakers who legalized the stuff were the ones being irresponsible here.

"Someone offered me this legal bottle of tequila and I drank the whole thing then ate the worm. I got violently sick, vomited my life out and then felt like poo poo the entire next day."

*THE TRUTH ABOUT ALCOHOL! - an editorial*

"Some lady gave me a xanax to chill me out and it turned out to be a .5 mg so i took two on top of 2 glasses of wine and now don't remember how I fell asleep in my BMW with my gas tank empty and two cops asking me questions"

*PSYCHIATRIC MEDICATIONS EXPOSED! - an expose*

In fairness to her, edibles CAN jump on top of you for sure but, gently caress. If you're a journalist and your job is to be informed, maybe research this poo poo before you embark on your big "behind the curtain of edible weed" endeavor that's supposed to scare us all into thinking we should reconsider legalizing it.

It's liking saying LSD broke your god damned brain and made you run naked through the streets because you dropped 3 tabs your first time without knowing a god damned thing about what it does.

What I'm saying is "gently caress Maureen Dowd" and don't listen to her opinions about drugs. Or anything else.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I'm Dutch and I don't smoke weed but I'm glad it's legal here for those who enjoy. Those people who think weed is worse than alcohol should get together in a safe environment and toke up.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

every experience I’ve ever had with edibles has been similar to dowd’s tbh

on the other hand I can recognize that I’m the fuckup in that situation, not the edibles

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

im smoking right at this very instant and it’s good y’all

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

BiggerBoat posted:

It's liking saying LSD broke your god damned brain and made you run naked through the streets because you dropped 3 tabs your first time without knowing a god damned thing about what it does.

I haven’t run naked thru any streets today, but I’ll be damned if I’m not kicking myself for forgetting one of the basic rules (do not take strong psychedelics on a completely empty stomach because it will be a long time before you can eat again)

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Weed boners 69

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

my perfectly legal and medicinal vape cartridges are being taken away by these fuckin new england puritans, rip

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
it’s still the weed number page and im still smoking y’all

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
my body is lovely and weak and i can't smoke bc even secondhand smoke makes me cough so hard i think im dying and i'm scared about trying edibles. not legal here anyway rip fuk u pa

funny story: my sibling got their wisdom teeth out and they wanted me to prime their bong for them to smoke some but they didnt want dry socket. i am boring and dumb as poo poo and they didnt explain what that meant so i figured it was like, idk priming a carb or something idk? so i blew into it really hard and covered my carpet in lovely bong water while my 4 years younger sibling looked at me like i was the lamest idiot ever. hope you enjoyed this story

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
cool story sib

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Also smoking weed

Kitfox88 posted:

my body is lovely and weak and i can't smoke bc even secondhand smoke makes me cough so hard i think im dying and i'm scared about trying edibles. not legal here anyway rip fuk u pa

funny story: my sibling got their wisdom teeth out and they wanted me to prime their bong for them to smoke some but they didnt want dry socket. i am boring and dumb as poo poo and they didnt explain what that meant so i figured it was like, idk priming a carb or something idk? so i blew into it really hard and covered my carpet in lovely bong water while my 4 years younger sibling looked at me like i was the lamest idiot ever. hope you enjoyed this story

lmao
BLOW THE HORN OF GONDOR

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Can’t believe dowd finally wrote something relatable and it’s this. Still a hack tho

(tbh I don’t remember any paranoia from an edible, just a profound dizzy feeling that came on, appropriately, as I was standing at haight and ashbury. Then I walked down haight occasionally puking into public trash cans. Good times)

Gazpacho has issued a correction as of 04:19 on Sep 30, 2019

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

it’s still the weed number page and im still smoking y’all

I'm eating weed.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Weed number good, page good.

thicc_waluigi
Jan 5, 2019

We'd number

More than Trumpists

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
He lost the popular vote.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I miss smokin weed

Now I have a Rx for Chlorodiazapoxide. It takes the edge off I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I have never weeded, but I believe in freedom for those who do.