Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
As a callback to the things I recently learned about e-scooters and alcohol, it turns out that München is racking up record-numbers in DUIs this Oktoberfest :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Slow and steady, KPÖ, slow and steady!

Serioustalk: really want to see Wählerwanderung for this.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Barbelith posted:

Well, this went somewhat better than expected

Really pleasantly surprised by the -10% for the FPÖ, but remember that only a third of all municipalities has been counted for now and the big cities are all still missing, and their vote could go either way, theoretically pushing the greens to third place or lessening some of the sting for the FPÖ (though that’s rather less likely, I’d say)

Whatever happens, Kurz is still a little poo poo whose gains in votes make me mad

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Wie ist die SPÖ in Österreich denn so drauf? Sind das normale Sozialdemokraten oder so ein Haufen verkappter Kapitalknechte und Menschenhasser wie die deutsche SPD?

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Zu so was wacht man gerne auf! Kurz war ja unvermeidbar aber sonst schauts schon sehr gut aus :D

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Randler posted:

Wie ist die SPÖ in Österreich denn so drauf? Sind das normale Sozialdemokraten oder so ein Haufen verkappter Kapitalknechte und Menschenhasser wie die deutsche SPD?

Sozialdemokraten are lovely useless centrists everywhere op

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

oliwan posted:

Sozialdemokraten are lovely useless centrists everywhere op

Am I right in assuming the greens aren't much better in either Germany or Austria

Anyway uh congrats on the continuing status quo I guess? Idk if it's going to last much longer tho

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Wait, they officially names themselves "ÖVP – Liste Sebastian Kurz – die neue Volkspartei" for this election? :psyduck:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

frankenfreak posted:

Wait, they officially names themselves "ÖVP – Liste Sebastian Kurz – die neue Volkspartei" for this election? :psyduck:

They already did it for the election before that too, Kurz effectively hijacked the ÖVP and made it into a Personenkult, it's downright creepy. They also changed the colours from black to turquoise as an outer sign of that

Randler posted:

They are basically a Klientelpartei for olds and employees of Staatsbetriebe, they ceased to pull in any significant votes from the working class ages ago (most workers now vote FPÖ). I dunno if Rendi-Wagner (their Spitzenkandidat and current party leader) managed to change something about that since I left Vienna though

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Randler posted:

Die SPÖ hat in der selben Stadt "Wähl die Menschlichkeit", "Integration vor Zuwanderung", "Die Lunte Brennt" und "Klimaschutz ja. Bevormundung Nein!" plakatiert. Das gibt denk ich ein akkurates Bild ihrer Inhalte wieder.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Sonntagsbento: 6 Mythen über Altersvorsorge

:allears:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Bitcoin works the same way

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Keine Ahnung warum alle an der Küste so Angst vor dem steigenden Meeresspiegel haben. Wenn das Wasser kommt, dann verkauft halt das Haus und zieht woanders hin :rolleyes:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

How much stronger is FPÖ in rural areas? I assume that they do better in rural areas at least?

Sereri posted:

Keine Ahnung warum alle an der Küste so Angst vor dem steigenden Meeresspiegel haben. Wenn das Wasser kommt, dann verkauft halt das Haus und zieht woanders hin :rolleyes:

Nonsense, du kaufst billig die Häuser der anderen und verkaufst sie teuer wieder, sobald das Wasser wieder gefallen ist

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

aphid_licker posted:

Nonsense, du kaufst billig die Häuser der anderen und verkaufst sie teuer wieder, sobald das Wasser wieder gefallen ist
:hmmyes:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

aphid_licker posted:

Perfekter Plan für jeden Unsterblichen! Man muss halt nur ein bisschen warten. Und wahrscheinlich die Häuser an die Spezies verhökern, die nach uns kommt. Aber sonst: Perfekt!

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Randler posted:

Ich veranschaulich das mal so: Die Partei ist dabei sich langsam aber sicher zu atomisieren, obwohl sie hier nichtmal neoliberale Grauslichkeiten wie Hartz 4 verschuldet hat. Im Wahlkampf hat man mit dem Ruf nach Vermögens- und Erbschaftssteuern quasi jeden kleinen Häuslbauer verschreckt (der eh keine Million zu vererben hätte). Das Thema hat die eigentlichen Agenden wie Wohnen/Konzernsteuern/Jobsicherheit/Soziales/Gesundheit komplett überschattet. In den Köpfen ist nur "SPÖ=mehr Steuern" hängen geblieben.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Chili-update:

It was time to harvest my reaper colony, and boy howdy, is it ever so intimidating to harvest a Vielfaches of the dangerous chilis vs. the good-natured ones

66 Reapers, 30 Lemon Drops, 11 Chocolate Habaneros, and 9 Red Habaneros :ohno:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

aphid_licker posted:

How much stronger is FPÖ in rural areas? I assume that they do better in rural areas at least?

It depends on where you look, some rural areas are much more likely to vote FPÖ (rural Carinthia for example, although it's not very surprising to see that they tend to get significantly fewer votes in the areas along the Slovenian border where there is still a significant Slovenian-speaking minority; another rural example with a disproportionately high FPÖ support would be the Innviertel), others tend to vote SPÖ for historic reasons (mostly former industry and mining hotspots in Styria and Upper Austria, but there are also plenty of villages and small towns in Burgenland who still vote SPÖ), but most of rural Austria has pretty much always voted ÖVP, with its strongest showing in Lower Austria which is blacker than the darkest night, Salzburg and Tyrol.

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe

frankenfreak posted:

Serioustalk: really want to see Wählerwanderung for this.
https://www.derstandard.at/story/2000109137596/die-waehlerstromanalyse-wie-die-stimmen-gewandert-sind
No huge surprises there.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Wanna meet one of the 32,000 people who switched from FPÖ to Greens

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
dieter nuhr goes mask off and joins the idiots of the AfD

Edit: After watching this: Holy poo poo. Satire is good and nice, but this was absolutely Bild-level lies and defaming. Particularly harmful as he's spread progressive material in the past and thus is more likely to have people believe him when he talks. The anger he managed to make me feel was honestly impressive.

https://twitter.com/Jumpsteady/status/1178075233015750660
https://twitter.com/Jumpsteady/status/1178076360650235904

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Sep 29, 2019

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Was bringt es dem Nuhr mit 58 auszusehen wie Ende 30, wenn er wie 70 wirkt, wenn er den Mund aufmacht?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Randler posted:

Was bringt es dem Nuhr mit 58 auszusehen wie Ende 30, wenn er wie 70 wirkt, wenn er den Mund aufmacht?
Amthor-Effekt

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

dieter nuhr goes mask off and joins the idiots of the AfD

Edit: After watching this: Holy poo poo. Satire is good and nice, but this was absolutely Bild-level lies and defaming. Particularly harmful as he's spread progressive material in the past and thus is more likely to have people believe him when he talks. The anger he managed to make me feel was honestly impressive.

https://twitter.com/Jumpsteady/status/1178075233015750660
https://twitter.com/Jumpsteady/status/1178076360650235904

Yeah, Nuhr has been kind of poo poo for a while now. Last special I watched of him also had a whole bunch of "pronouns, amirite?" material. Should have taken his own advice: "Wenn man keine Ahnung hat, einfach mal Fresse halten".

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Als er ihn geprägt hat, war der Spruch ja auch noch okay, aber wenn man sich die Zeit mal angesehen hat, wer ihn so zitiert und auf T-Shirts getragen hat, konnte man eigentlich schon lange, bevor Nuhr selbst angefangen hat zu verkalken, sehen, wie der Hase läuft.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Rats, meet sinking ship:
https://twitter.com/WSchwirz/status/1178604823677210624

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

System Metternich posted:

It depends on where you look, some rural areas are much more likely to vote FPÖ (rural Carinthia for example, although it's not very surprising to see that they tend to get significantly fewer votes in the areas along the Slovenian border where there is still a significant Slovenian-speaking minority; another rural example with a disproportionately high FPÖ support would be the Innviertel), others tend to vote SPÖ for historic reasons (mostly former industry and mining hotspots in Styria and Upper Austria, but there are also plenty of villages and small towns in Burgenland who still vote SPÖ), but most of rural Austria has pretty much always voted ÖVP, with its strongest showing in Lower Austria which is blacker than the darkest night, Salzburg and Tyrol.

Nachtrag:
https://twitter.com/jawei/status/1178630970594996227?s=21

Interesting to see that the rural-urban split is pretty negligible when it comes to FPÖ votes

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

System Metternich posted:

Wanna meet one of the 32,000 people who switched from FPÖ to Greens

Voters who are now more scared of climate catastrophes than of oogly boogly immigrants?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Maybe they want to stop the ice from melting before the sea displaces more scary brown people

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Welpe

looks like I owe 160 bucks für das Steuerjahr 2018.

:heulfahne:

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Annual reminder that Wählerstromanalysen are based on extremely lovely data and can be safely ignored.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

cebrail posted:

Annual reminder that Wählerstromanalysen are based on extremely lovely data and can be safely ignored.

They're so much fun to look at tho :(

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Haha, goodbye HC, hoffentlich gehts jetzt ab in den Zwoelfstundenarbeitstag!

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe
Dem HC ein ganz herzliches :byewhore:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Trying out the Beyond Meat Hackfleisch today. Gonna make a Rahm Champingnon Soße along with it, basically a Züricher Geschnetzeltes without the Zürich...and with Pilze.

Will report back.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Very good, go vegan.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

If we all go vegan how will we eat the rich?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Fertilizer, duhhh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Just read that the big new Klimapaket is already dead. The CSU hat sich in die Bresche geworfen, um die Ratifizierung im Bundestag zu stoppen.

Apparently the planet isn't dying fast enough for their taste