Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Yawgmoth posted:

So how does one go about asking out the cute waitress at the place you're a regular at? Is it literally just "hope she asks you out first" or is there some tactful way of doing that which also doesn't make her feel uncomfortable?

hey wild idea but maybe women's right to have a harassment free work day is more important than you getting to capitalize on absolutely every possible chance to get your dick sucked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

extremely online posted:

hey wild idea but maybe women's right to have a harassment free work day is more important than you getting to capitalize on absolutely every possible chance to get your dick sucked

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Hughlander posted:

You know how you aren’t supposed to piss off people who handle your food ?

So in your hypothetical, a woman working as a waitress writes her name on a customer's check, and then when the customer doesn't call her (immediately?), she spits in the food the customer already ate?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Cognac McCarthy posted:

So in your hypothetical, a woman working as a waitress writes her name on a customer's check, and then when the customer doesn't call her (immediately?), she spits in the food the customer already ate?

jfc

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for refuring to watcg my sisters kids with short notice?

Catching on this thread and just want to say that this person is literal human garbage who should tossed out the window and set on fire. gently caress. I detest self-centered assholes like this.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yawgmoth posted:

So how does one go about asking out the cute waitress at the place you're a regular at? Is it literally just "hope she asks you out first" or is there some tactful way of doing that which also doesn't make her feel uncomfortable?

there are other cute people who don't literally have to be nice to you or risk losing their jobs

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Moon Atari posted:

This reminds me of one of the most popular New Vegas companion mods. A guy spent years creating an elaborate, extensive companion mod that was entirely a waifu/girlfriend simulator. He had his wife do the voice acting. Then, when the mod became popular he paid for it to be revoiced by someone with a "younger" (and more attractive) voice. So there is at least one person whose husband cheated on them with fallout even worse than in that post.

:randpop:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for giving a lovely tip back to the customer?

I’m a bartender. We had a really busy night and someone tipped literally a penny on their receipt after getting like $100 worth of cocktails. Their friends tipped pretty well and weren’t dicks and had no idea that this individual tipped 1¢.

When I saw that, I went to the register and took out a penny and said, “you obviously need this more than I do.” My manager thought it was funny and had no problem with me doing this.

The tipper’s friends were appalled with him and told him off. The 1¢ dude took me aside while I was helping other customers and said I (1) was totally unprofessional by pulling this stunt in front of others, (2) over dramatic by returning the tip, and (3) should be grateful for any tip at all.

Additional information: The only complaint he had with my service was that I wasn’t talking to him very much. It was late night, not happy hour which means I don’t have time to hear your life story. I’m there to make drinks for dozens of drunk people.

AITA?

Edit: In terms of not talking to this guy, there’s no way I could functionally do my job and talk to any customer beyond their order. It’s late night which means we’re basically a night club making as many drinks as possible at any given time. My job in those hours is to be quick and accurate with cocktails, beer, mixed drinks, etc.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
God drat am I glad I live in a culture where the only place tips are expected is a sit down restaurant with table service, and the expectation is a flat 10% (also waitstaff get paid at least minimum wage, which is not brilliant but more or less liveable on full time hours and the same as most shop and non-waiting service workers, so not tipping doesn't make you a huge dick)

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

extremely online posted:

Do you understand how power dynamics factor into this at all

lol that you people unironically think the "power dynamics" of a service worker talking to a customer who's hitting on her are even close to the equivalent of employee/supervisor. If your job is so loving awful that any supervisor would legitimately take the word of an uncorroborated customer complaint in order to fire an employee, then lol@ desperately holding on to it.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for exposing my Dad's infidelity in front of family?

I know title sounds bad but hear me out.

My Dad and I have never had the best relationship. He's never really been around, he has a job high up at some bank so he works super long hours and goes on lots of business trips. Siblings and I were basically raised only by my Mom, and I'm really close with her. We barely talk and when we do it's about how poo poo my grades are in school that I'll never amount to anything if I keep it up, I try to avoid being around him.

As I got older (I'm 16 now), I started noticing my Dad's weird behaviour. I remember a few months ago he came home super late and I could smell a little perfume on him. I didn't really think much of it until he left his phone on the table one day and a text notification popped up saying "last night was amazing, can't wait to see you again" and a bunch of cringey rear end emojis. I was pretty shook when I saw that message ngl. I told my Mom about what I saw and she didn't look surprised at all. She got pretty emotional which I felt bad about, and told me not to worry and that i should just worry about being a kid and let her take care of the rest, so I just let it go cause I didnt want to hurt her more.

So on to what happened. Last night we all went to a big dinner at my grandparents house. During dinner, my cousin was telling everyone that he had gotten a new job at some software company. My Dad took the opportunity to call me out and say I should follow after my cousin, and focus more in school. I just ignored him and kept eating. My Uncle agreed saying how hard it was to get through to young people nowawadays, and my Dad said it's because there was no respect and I never respected him. I was so tired of his poo poo and without thinking I said back, "hard to respect you when you openly cheat on Mom and don't even try to hide it".

Everyone went silent, and my Dad looked beyond pissed. He asked my Mom wtf I was talking about and told her that she had spoiled and ruined me. They started arguing and then after a couple minutes of everyone else trying to calm them down, my Mom told me and my siblings that we were leaving and told my Dad not to come home. When we got home my phone started blowing up. On the group chat I have with my cousins they said I was a massive dick for publicly airing private stuff. I also got a few texts/voicemails from my Uncles telling me I ruined my parents marriage and that I should stick my nose out of adult poo poo. I felt pretty guilty about what happened and apologized to my Mom. She said that she understood my frustration and I probably should have expressed it better privately but what's done is done. I've also gotten a few calls from my Dad but I've ignored all of them. He hasn't come home yet, probably staying at one of his mistresses houses. Fucker.

I still feel pretty bad about what I did, just wanted to get him off my back and was so frustrated with his hypocrisy. AITA?

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

thatguy posted:

lol that you people unironically think the "power dynamics" of a service worker talking to a customer who's hitting on her are even close to the equivalent of employee/supervisor. If your job is so loving awful that any supervisor would legitimately take the word of an uncorroborated customer complaint in order to fire an employee, then lol@ desperately holding on to it.

so how many restaurants are you banned from

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

thatguy posted:

people working low-tier jobs in the service industry: notorious for having the freedom to just not care about being fired for bullshit reasons

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

extremely online posted:

so how many restaurants are you banned from

I'm not a loving shitbag that doesn't take the first, second, or third hint from a poor girl who's clearly inexperienced at telling people no but lol @ you loving lonely losers trying to apologist your way into "supporting" service workers by copy pasting twitter hot takes about worker rights immediately after taking an uber home from starbucks

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

thatguy posted:

Not to blow your mind here, but people who work poo poo jobs with high turnover rates tend to not have the option to quit and find a safer job.

You should also not ask out your employees/subordinates, for the record.

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

thatguy posted:

I'm not a loving shitbag that doesn't take the first, second, or third hint from a poor girl who's clearly inexperienced at telling people no but lol @ you loving lonely losers trying to apologist your way into "supporting" service workers by copy pasting twitter hot takes about worker rights immediately after taking an uber home from starbucks

"Everyone who says harassing women is bad is just virtue signalling" --guy who's "not a loving shitbag"

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

thatguy posted:

:chloe:

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Fun fact, a majority of people regardless of the situation don’t appreciate being solicited by random strangers. Who knew.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

thatguy posted:

We've got a guy with an accurate name here.

People, don't be that guy.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
every page we drift further from gods path and closer to burt gassing the thread

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for texting the waitress who left me her number while I have a girlfriend?

This happened about a week ago but my girlfriend found out last night and I just want to know some other opinions on this.

Last Friday night my friends and I went out, but grabbed dinner first at a restaurant some of them used to work at. Our waitress was a mutual friend and knew a lot of us and I only know her in passing because I never worked there but since my buddies did we just kind of know each other through that. It was a pretty uneventful dinner and we were grabbing our checks when I noticed she had left her number on my bill.

So I told my friends and one of my friends said that she had told him she had a crush on me but is shocked she left the number because she is very shy and insecure. So, with the absolute most innocent of intentions, sent this exact text to her that night. "Hey (her name), its (my name) from your table tonight. I am very flattered and appeciate you leaving me your number but I just wanted to reach out and let you know I have a girlfriend! You seem like a great girl and i'm sure we will be seeing each other around but I did want to just let you know about that. Have a great night!"

She responded back saying "I completely understand and thank you for letting me know. You seem like a great guy too and wish the best for you. Maybe I paths will cross in the future :)."

That was it. That was last Friday and not a single thing was said between us since then. However, last night, I had some friends over for game night and somewhere in the conversation she came up and without even trying to hide it I talked about what had happened that night in front of my girlfriend because its not a big deal to me. She seemed put off but otherwise fine until everyone left and we got into a full on argument with her saying I broke her trust and texted another girl without telling her. I told her it was strictly to let her know that I did have a gf because I would be seeing her around anyway since we have mutual friends but my girlfriend is saying "You only wanted to text her so she would have your number" and other crazy accusations but in reality I just wanted to let the girl know so when we see each other it wouldnt be awkward.

So I just gotta know, AITA?

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
can we not do this conversation, I'm really busy with my classes, my sunday evening classes

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for giving a lovely tip back to the customer?

I’m a bartender. We had a really busy night and someone tipped literally a penny on their receipt after getting like $100 worth of cocktails. Their friends tipped pretty well and weren’t dicks and had no idea that this individual tipped 1¢.

When I saw that, I went to the register and took out a penny and said, “you obviously need this more than I do.” My manager thought it was funny and had no problem with me doing this.

The tipper’s friends were appalled with him and told him off. The 1¢ dude took me aside while I was helping other customers and said I (1) was totally unprofessional by pulling this stunt in front of others, (2) over dramatic by returning the tip, and (3) should be grateful for any tip at all.

Additional information: The only complaint he had with my service was that I wasn’t talking to him very much. It was late night, not happy hour which means I don’t have time to hear your life story. I’m there to make drinks for dozens of drunk people.

AITA?

Edit: In terms of not talking to this guy, there’s no way I could functionally do my job and talk to any customer beyond their order. It’s late night which means we’re basically a night club making as many drinks as possible at any given time. My job in those hours is to be quick and accurate with cocktails, beer, mixed drinks, etc.

No way this is real, this is almost verbatim a line/act from the movie Waiting... when the lead dude gets a lovely tip from a redneck couple & gives it back to them on their way out :lol:

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
cake puncher updates, seems like the pool house dream is over

13 days ago
AITA for not wanting to watch football with my dad and his friends?

quote:

Earlier tonight, my dad had some friends over and they were out in our backyard, sitting around a fire, and watching a football game. I was in my room playing video games, live-streaming and just enjoying some me time when my dad barges in without even knocking. He told me to turn off the games and come outside to watch the Eagles game with him and his friends. I told him that I didn't want to and that I don't care about football. He said that it's not about football, it's about spending time together and socializing with other people. He also said that he wants me to get into football because he "needs to make a man out of me". I told him that I've already started to get into hockey and I asked him if that was good enough, but he argued that football is the "manliest" of all the sports and that I need to start watching football like a "normal human being".

I just put my headset on and ignored him, but he kept yelling at me to turn off the games and come outside. I just continued to play and I silently started waving bye at him, motioning for him to leave. He eventually did and when I went out in the kitchen to get a snack, I looked in the backyard and my dad and his friends were still seated around the fire and watching the game, but my dad was staring at me. We were just staring at each other through the kitchen window and he just shook his head at me.

I really don't see what the big deal is. Not only do I not give a poo poo about football, but I don't know any of my dad's friends. Why should I go out to watch a game that I don't care about and force myself to socialize with guys twice my age that I don't even know? I just enjoy the occasional down time in my room playing video games, but my dad hates how much time I spend in my room on the computer and stuff. And I also think he needs to knock it off with the "make a man out of you" crap. AITA in this situation?

7 days ago
I [22/M] want to ask out this girl, but I don't know if she has a boyfriend or not.

quote:

There's this girl at work that I like and I know that she's recently had a boyfriend. They started dating back in June and there would be times when she was on her break in the break room and she'd be face-timing him and talking. But now she doesn't do that anymore and she just sits on her break in silence.

On top of that, I noticed that she's also deleted her pictures with him off of Instagram. They're all gone and I'd think that that's a sure sign that they broke up, but the one seed of doubt in my mind is the fact that they still like each other's pictures on Instagram. I've noticed that he still likes her new pictures and she still likes his as well. If they're broken up, why would they still be liking each other's pictures?

I just want to ensure that she's single before I ask her out, so as to avoid looking like a jackass. At work, me and her talk quite a bit and I know that she at least likes me as a friend, but I just want to be sure that she's single before I ask her out.

tldr: Wanting to ask out this girl, unsure if she's single or not.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Pinecone Sample posted:

I [22/M] want to ask out this girl, but I don't know if she has a boyfriend or not.

fuckin just ask "so how are things going with <boyfriend>" you goony fucker

holy poo poo that one's infuriating

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

thatguy posted:

I'm not a loving shitbag
Lol yeah you are :laugh:

It's amazing how many people still think everyone can just walk out to main street and pick out a shiny new job at the drop of a hat.

HIJK posted:

No regrets. Owning your piece of poo poo dad in front of his family is perfect
It's pretty telling that all the family members are focusing on the dreadful social faux paus and not, like, the lying sack of poo poo that was Boomering into Kids These Days.

Like I wonder what enabled him to be suck a cockbag:thunk:

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Sep 30, 2019

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
One time when I had a bartending job an rear end in a top hat I’d never met was with a group of friends of mine and was drunk. He had a pile of pennies and every time I would leave to help someone else he would slam the water and demand a new one then push another penny towards me. My friends were shocked but said nothing and I had to do my job.

It’s not just flirting situations. The power dynamics of the service industry are hosed.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for exposing my Dad's infidelity in front of family?

I know title sounds bad but hear me out.

My Dad and I have never had the best relationship. He's never really been around, he has a job high up at some bank so he works super long hours and goes on lots of business trips. Siblings and I were basically raised only by my Mom, and I'm really close with her. We barely talk and when we do it's about how poo poo my grades are in school that I'll never amount to anything if I keep it up, I try to avoid being around him.

As I got older (I'm 16 now), I started noticing my Dad's weird behaviour. I remember a few months ago he came home super late and I could smell a little perfume on him. I didn't really think much of it until he left his phone on the table one day and a text notification popped up saying "last night was amazing, can't wait to see you again" and a bunch of cringey rear end emojis. I was pretty shook when I saw that message ngl. I told my Mom about what I saw and she didn't look surprised at all. She got pretty emotional which I felt bad about, and told me not to worry and that i should just worry about being a kid and let her take care of the rest, so I just let it go cause I didnt want to hurt her more.

So on to what happened. Last night we all went to a big dinner at my grandparents house. During dinner, my cousin was telling everyone that he had gotten a new job at some software company. My Dad took the opportunity to call me out and say I should follow after my cousin, and focus more in school. I just ignored him and kept eating. My Uncle agreed saying how hard it was to get through to young people nowawadays, and my Dad said it's because there was no respect and I never respected him. I was so tired of his poo poo and without thinking I said back, "hard to respect you when you openly cheat on Mom and don't even try to hide it".

Everyone went silent, and my Dad looked beyond pissed. He asked my Mom wtf I was talking about and told her that she had spoiled and ruined me. They started arguing and then after a couple minutes of everyone else trying to calm them down, my Mom told me and my siblings that we were leaving and told my Dad not to come home. When we got home my phone started blowing up. On the group chat I have with my cousins they said I was a massive dick for publicly airing private stuff. I also got a few texts/voicemails from my Uncles telling me I ruined my parents marriage and that I should stick my nose out of adult poo poo. I felt pretty guilty about what happened and apologized to my Mom. She said that she understood my frustration and I probably should have expressed it better privately but what's done is done. I've also gotten a few calls from my Dad but I've ignored all of them. He hasn't come home yet, probably staying at one of his mistresses houses. Fucker.

I still feel pretty bad about what I did, just wanted to get him off my back and was so frustrated with his hypocrisy. AITA?

No regrets. Owning your piece of poo poo dad in front of his family is perfect

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BOOTY-ADE posted:

No way this is real, this is almost verbatim a line/act from the movie Waiting... when the lead dude gets a lovely tip from a redneck couple & gives it back to them on their way out :lol:

Im not saying their story is real, but I am gonna say everyone I know who worked service industry understood the customer service bits on a personal level

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

thatguy posted:

Service workers are absolutely obligated to be friendly to customers. That means a woman that would usually (and rightly) respond to the mere sight of you with involuntary dry retching has to put up with all sorts of annoying flirting short of outright harassment before they can react. That's a coercive power dynamic for flirting already without any other consideration taken into account. Having to deal with a complaint even if it isn't taken seriously is another level of coercion not present in the situations where it is okay to try to flirt. Plus: in virtually all corporate businesses complaints have to be investigated and signed off on in some way regardless of how spurious, often involving layers of beurocracy that don't care about the employee in the slightest. Having the threat of being able to inflict that stress is coercive. Also, if you've ever worked retail or food service you will know that there is always the possibility of a customer having a literal pants making GBS threads veins popping meltdown in the middle of the store at the slightest trigger, and that you can't just leave but rather have to try to manage the situation somehow. No one needs any of that drama, even the mildest level of putting up with a sleaze, in their already degrading work day.

And yes, most people working service do desperately need to hang on to their job no matter how lovely. If they didn't they wouldn't be there in the first place. Even if they can guarantee a good reference and a new job within the week (which they absolutely can't) the upheaval of interviewing and being hired for a new job isn't pleasant. Being able to inflict that on someone is, once again, coercive.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Moon Atari posted:

Service workers are absolutely obligated to be friendly to customers. That means a woman that would usually (and rightly) respond to the mere sight of you with involuntary dry retching has to put up with all sorts of annoying flirting short of outright harassment before they can react. That's a coercive power dynamic for flirting already without any other consideration taken into account. Having to deal with a complaint even if it isn't taken seriously is another level of coercion not present in the situations where it is okay to try to flirt. Plus: in virtually all corporate businesses complaints have to be investigated and signed off on in some way regardless of how spurious, often involving layers of beurocracy that don't care about the employee in the slightest. Having the threat of being able to inflict that stress is coercive. Also, if you've ever worked retail or food service you will know that there is always the possibility of a customer having a literal pants making GBS threads veins popping meltdown in the middle of the store at the slightest trigger, and that you can't just leave but rather have to try to manage the situation somehow. No one needs any of that drama, even the mildest level of putting up with a sleaze, in their already degrading work day.

And yes, most people working service do desperately need to hang on to their job no matter how lovely. If they didn't they wouldn't be there in the first place. Even if they can guarantee a good reference and a new job within the week (which they absolutely can't) the upheaval of interviewing and being hired for a new job isn't pleasant. Being able to inflict that on someone is, once again, coercive.

literally any b2b or service job no matter how many customers they directly face is "obligated to be friendly to customers". It's called loving business relations. The "threat of being able to inflict that stress" is a capable threat in every single business that isn't a sole proprietor basement dwelling computer toucher with zero personal contact in either a customer or employee status. It's called being a loving human being working in a business setting. loving goons

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thatguy, Im beginning to question whether you've ever been employed.

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

thatguy posted:

literally any b2b or service job no matter how many customers they directly face is "obligated to be friendly to customers". It's called loving business relations. The "threat of being able to inflict that stress" is a capable threat in every single business that isn't a sole proprietor basement dwelling computer toucher with zero personal contact in either a customer or employee status. It's called being a loving human being working in a business setting. loving goons

don't hit on people at work.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thatguy is the car dealer who points at the female fresh out of college hire during the pitch process and says "she comes with the deal, right?" And doesnt understand not only will she not be assigned to his business but hes going to get charged more than anyone else.

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Barudak posted:

Thatguy is the car dealer who points at the female fresh out of college hire during the pitch process and says "she comes with the deal, right?" And doesnt understand not only will she not be assigned to his business but hes going to get charged more than anyone else.

well if I can't hit on women at their jobs what am I supposed to do, have an active social life with a well-rounded group of friends that allows me to regularly meet women who enjoy my company in purely social settings???

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thatguys facebook timeline isnt his photos, its all the pictures businesses have taken after they banned him

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

thatguy posted:

It's the part where you use that dynamic to flirt that is hosed up. This isn't goons. The only type of person that wouldn't perceive what you are saying as the words of an irredeemable rear end in a top hat are the guys doing the unwanted flirting. They (and you) are universal objects of disgust.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Goons doing the well you must be a shut in nerd thing when they have no idea how social interactions work is some Dick Chaney attack them with our weakness poo poo

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

BOOTY-ADE posted:

I'm pretty sure that movie resonates so hard with people in service industry because it was made by a lot of people who themselves went through the ringer while supporting themselves. Whether or not that particular account is true, the story itself was certainly passed around before that movie. The main thing in that movie that didn't seem to be pretty grounded was the whole nutsac game. Then again, over a ten year period I saw a drastic change in sexual behaviour at restaurants. My first serving job they jokingly had "sexual harassment saturday" and even I'd get my rear end somewhat regularly touched. My final serving job we had someone get fired because they used "get out of the way" hand-on-back to be a creep and got called on it. So maybe I was fortunate enough to miss the genital exposure era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

thatguy posted:

thatguy posted:

is that really so bad? I tell women I'm gay when I'm really just totally focused on getting our business running smoothly and since I travel a lot relationships don't usually work out. In the age of smoothly changing sexual orientation and how you want people to treat you, why would it ever matter? I spend a lot of time around older gay and trans dudes because that's my partner's preferred type, and I've asked a handful of them the same thing and they uniformly say they understand absolutely nothing about the post-millennial poo poo going on either.

God forbid one of those "females" would learn you aren't gay and then relentlessly flirt with you and prevent you from succeeding at your job. After all, I'm sure anytime a woman says she's gay to a client/customer literally no guy would take it as a sign to try and convert them and flirt harder

Sidenote: between nov 2004 and june 2016 what exactly caused you to go insane? 16 years on this forum and 43 of your 44 probes are within the last 3 years.