Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
"I can't wait, I can't wait, I'm not gonna give you what you want, I'll just show you" - Khalil Mack when asked about playing Oakland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Dexo posted:

"I can't wait, I can't wait, I'm not gonna give you what you want, I'll just show you" - Khalil Mack when asked about playing Oakland

Poor Derek Carr, it's not his fault. :(

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
So Lions have an early bye before healing up to play the Packers at home on MNF. Unbelieavably, they have been playing well enough to think they could actually win that game.

Meanwhile, the Bears are winning on the back of their defense and the Vikings are Bears Lite.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Styles Bitchley posted:

So Lions have an early bye before healing up to play the Packers at home on MNF. Unbelieavably, they have been playing well enough to think they could actually win that game.

I'm going to this game. I'm excited.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/StartKyleOrton/status/1178464511348629511

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Dexo posted:

i cannot wait to watch this poo poo

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
That game reminded me of watching early 10s bama games where the defense just suffocated the opposition

How'd the Vikings even score, I turned it off by then

What a performance absent Hicks and roquan

Also sign Cutler as backup to Daniel

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

mastershakeman posted:

Vikings went hurry up and the Bears were in prevent mode

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Ummagumma posted:

"Hurry up"

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

mastershakeman posted:

Garbage time aka Cousins's time to shine (a turd).

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

LabyaMynora posted:

Garbage time aka Cousins's time to shine (a turd).

Lmao

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Kirk Cousins is Alex Smith with bigger hands but less heart.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Ummagumma posted:

Figured

Anyway beara have
5 TDs
4 games
3 wins

Lol

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
I couldn't watch, cousins still bad?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

ghosthorse posted:

I couldn't watch, cousins still bad?

Worse than Chase Daniel. :colbert:

Also, that six points, that was a late 4th Quarter TD plus a failed 2-point conversion.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/ChadGraff/status/1178471048582443008

:thunk:

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Early in the game the Vikings tried running and the O-line got nothing. Couldn't move the Bear's front seven, no holes anywhere. When it came time to pass the Bears could tee off and again, the O-line was over-matched. Kirk had less than half the time than it takes to read this sentence to throw. Diggs and Thielen just couldn't getting open fast enough with that kind of coverage. Meanwhile the Vikings' defense was giving up a continuous number of first downs, a good number of them were 3rd and long, where the Bears would get just enough to keep going, keeping the Vikings' offense off the field.

But of course, blame Cousins.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
how many screens or throws under did the vikings try? or did they just stick it out establishing the run?

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

It will probably go overlooked because, well, his team lost and it was partially because he lost a fumble in the red zone, but Stafford was threading the needle maybe as well as he's ever done today. That throw to Hockenson in the first quarter where there was a defensive holding flag was an absolute dime.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

He's clearly not committed to the run-establishing cause, ship his rear end out

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Darth Brooks posted:

Early in the game the Vikings tried running and the O-line got nothing. Couldn't move the Bear's front seven, no holes anywhere. When it came time to pass the Bears could tee off and again, the O-line was over-matched. Kirk had less than half the time than it takes to read this sentence to throw. Diggs and Thielen just couldn't getting open fast enough with that kind of coverage. Meanwhile the Vikings' defense was giving up a continuous number of first downs, a good number of them were 3rd and long, where the Bears would get just enough to keep going, keeping the Vikings' offense off the field.

That quote from Theilen is almost assuredly at Zimmer and the OC. Not Cousins.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Darth Brooks posted:

As far as the game is concerned, the Defense did great. Daniel's averaged 6.5 yards per attempt and they converted 1 third down in the 2nd half.

The o line has its issues but Cousins has looked terrible all year and this game was no exception.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ghosthorse posted:

how many screens or throws under did the vikings try? or did they just stick it out establishing the run?

they couldn't do anything, the bears just blew everything they tried to do at or behind the line of scrimmage, the bears weren't blitzing or anything, the front four were just killing them.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

they couldn't do anything, the bears just blew everything they tried to do at or behind the line of scrimmage, the bears weren't blitzing or anything, the front four were just killing them.

The Best play was when I was screaming at the TV on a 2 pt conversion "THIS IS OBVIOUSLY A SCREEN PASS PLEASE GOD", And Prince just utterly blew that poo poo up.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Before I read the replies - does this mean he's not going to London at all? Not sure if his recovery is better served by staying home or not.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Before I read the replies - does this mean he's not going to London at all? Not sure if his recovery is better served by staying home or not.

He is almost certainly out at least through the bye week.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

https://twitter.com/i/status/1178413984954888192

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

OH, creepy... He has funko pop face.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

LabyaMynora posted:

Bears offense under Chase Daniel did what it needed to do, especially in the first half.

I said in the game day thread - The Bears want an explosive offense that scores fast with deep throws, but what they really need is an offense that dinks and dunks short yards while getting 1st downs and chewing up a shitload of clock, keeping their defense off the field and fresh. That's what they got with Chase Daniel.

Someone said the Vikings only had, like, 2 possessions in the first half. Not 100% sure that's true, but that's what the Bears need to maximize their potential of what their team is right now.

2 possessions was true, and also until the longish play to diggs at the end of the 3rd, they only had two total yards that quarter

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Looked like a dislocated shoulder if not worse. So he's out for a bit.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

OxySnake posted:

As far as the game is concerned, the Defense did great. Daniel's averaged 6.5 yards per attempt and they converted 1 third down in the 2nd half.

The o line has its issues but Cousins has looked terrible all year and this game was no exception.

The first half was just a conga line of first downs for the Bears. The Vikings defense was flat and there was a constant supply of Bears' receivers who were four of five years away from any Viking defender. It was like they were expecting Trubs to be in there and be terrible.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Hmmmm we might have a Lance Briggs situation coming up

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Dexo posted:

:sigh: It's always something. Hopefully no one got hurt.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
$90m to Cousins
$81m to Diggs
$73m to Thielen

Vikings:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Darth Brooks posted:

The first half was just a conga line of first downs for the Bears. The Vikings defense was flat and there was a constant supply of Bears' receivers who were four of five years away from any Viking defender. It was like they were expecting Trubs to be in there and be terrible.

Yeah a "Conga line of 1st downs" that resulted in.... 10 points?

The bears had 2 long drives, and then did nothing outside of being given the ball in good or fantastic field position.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well the long drives is kinda the point. When you get the ball two times in a half, that’s a problem.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

It is a problem, but not being able to score on either or any of the drives after when the D stops letting those drives go isnt on the defense.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

xbilkis posted:

He's clearly not committed to the run-establishing cause, ship his rear end out

To Green Bay
:unsmigghh:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

Yup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
It's loving hilarious how every game so far the announcers are aping the "The Vikings want to be a defense and running team," bullshit. That's just the Minnesota Nice way of the Vikings front office saying "The o-line sucks balls and so does Cousins."