Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Can you imagine being one of the poor schmucks doing QA on this thing?

I kid, they don't have (paid) QA people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

I like where this is going... I think.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I wish ben was still alive...

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

trucutru posted:

Can you imagine being one of the poor schmucks doing QA on this thing?

I kid, they don't have (paid) QA people.

They absolutely have paid QA people.

people who paid them $1000 to be QA

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Well, that's nothing. I have connection with the devs of Love Pledge and i can tell you that they are doing stuff that knocks even that out of the park!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Is this a typical experience?

A Redditor posted:

Unfortunately this isn't the kind of game to just pop in after a few months off and expect to have a good time. Unless you know the most common problems and workarounds you're going to have a frustrating time. That said, I just read you are playing on HDD...that's the kiss of death. I wouldn't boot the game up again until you can put the game on an SSD, it won't solve all the problems but it will solve a lot of them.

I mean he's absolutely right. You cannot ever expect to have a good time if you only come on once every few months. You also can't expect to have a good time if you get on every day, but you'll be having a lot more of the other kinds of times!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Not gonna lie, at first glance I thought this was a new ship design.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Sarsapariller posted:

Is this a typical experience?

I mean he's absolutely right. You cannot ever expect to have a good time if you only come on once every few months. You also can't expect to have a good time if you get on every day, but you'll be having a lot more of the other kinds of times!

I will never understand the mindset of

quote:

I really, really want to love this game so I have to try again.

Why? Why this game? Are your friends playing it? Are they having fun? It's not like there's stuff to do with them except carry boxes around. Are you so hard invested you feel the game has earned your affection by how much you've spent on it? This is some real brain parasite stuff.

...speaking of playing with friends, Sarsa, do you know how did the mission rewards change in the new build? The patch notes mention that they "reworked" them, then in the next sentance they say that if you do missions with your friends, you split the cash reward between all players. My main question is - did they increase or decrease the rewards? There's ship rentals to consider now in cash balancing, so I'd expect them to cut rewards tenfold, but maybe they did the opposite of what I'd expect in typical CIG fashion.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Hello CIG thread intern!

This is your friendly reminder that Q3 is ending today.

Good luck!

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Popete posted:

Some you get way too into this personal poo poo

Sorry...drink was talking, I swear.

Hentai Jihadist posted:

I wish ben was still alive...

He is? Just cuz he was moved upstate to pursue his fantasies, don't mean he dead dude.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kikas posted:

I will never understand the mindset of

quote:
I really, really want to love this game so I have to try again.

Why? Why this game? Are your friends playing it? Are they having fun? It's not like there's stuff to do with them except carry boxes around. Are you so hard invested you feel the game has earned your affection by how much you've spent on it? This is some real brain parasite stuff. (snip)

Because dreams. "Nobody can give you what I can promise," and all that stuff. These people imagined to themselves vast universes filled to brim with interesting stuff, everywhere you move some adventure awaits, and you don't even have to pretend, there are pirates that need killing / joining, beautiful girls to save / dump and riches to be made / stolen / spent / ignored. And they are unable to see that it's not possible to create their dreams to the last extent, it will always be a game, always a simulation.

Sanya Juutilainen fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Sep 30, 2019

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Kikas posted:

Are you so hard invested you feel the game has earned your affection by how much you've spent on it?
It's in the thread title. It's sunk cost fallacy.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Camoflague is in!

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

CrazyLoon posted:

He is? Just cuz he was moved upstate to pursue his fantasies, don't mean he dead dude.

Yeah my dog "moved upstate" too to live on a farm.

Prove it!

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

You can see every stitch and leather imperfection of the sofa your legs have clipped through. That's true fidelity for you.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Why didn't the whales just fund Freespace 3.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Wow I caught up with the thread in like 2 hours you guys are slacking off.

:reddit: posted:

I made an SCRefundsTracker:

Item 1: constant trolling and brigading on sc sub
IN PROGRESS, NOT DELIVERED

Item 2: prevent people from buying spaceships
NOT DELIVERED

Item 3: shut down CIG
NOT DELIVERED

WHEN ARE SCREFUNDS GOING TO DELIVER ON THEIR PROMISES

ok I lolled pretty hard.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj8h6yibHHc

Doesn't have a hover mode. Insta fail :colbert:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

CrazyLoon posted:

Sorry...drink was talking, I swear.

Let's make sure to avoid that in the future. Drunk or not, suggesting a person deserves to die for being A) fat or B) a bad video game developer or whatever is not okay.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Let's make sure to avoid that in the future. Drunk or not, suggesting a person deserves to die for being A) fat or B) a bad video game developer or whatever is not okay.

Then can you clarify what exactly is permissible to suggest someone deserves to die for then?

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

DapperDon posted:

Then can you clarify what exactly is permissible to suggest someone deserves to die for then?

It wasn't for those two things, regardless of the unfortunate way I phrased my post, but...Beet's right...said poo poo on my mind happened 5 years ago now and Ben's become even more irrelevant since then in regards to Star Citizen and that alone says enough. Why bother dwelling on it anymore?

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Sep 30, 2019

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DapperDon posted:

Rick and Morty commando who bought a Tesla to watch Anime on autopilot while eating pizza with pineapple.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Sep 30, 2019

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

DapperDon posted:

Here? Probably nothing, IDK. On twitter? Well my friend, have you heard of this little word called "anything" cause...

CrazyLoon posted:

It wasn't for those two things, regardless of the unfortunate way I phrased my post, but...Beet's right...said poo poo on my mind happened 5 years ago now and Ben's become even more irrelevant since then in regards to Star Citizen and that alone says enough. Why bother dwelling on it anymore?

It's all good, Ben is a huge piece of poo poo, as has been documented many times over in this and other threads, and it is very easy to be mad about some of the awful things he has done. Things just have a tendency to go off the rails once we start saying "this person deserves to die" even in a joking manner, is all. Just doing my job as the civility police *crowd boos, throws empty bottles at me*

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

trucutru posted:

Rick and Morty commando who bought a Tesla to watch Anime on autopilot while eating pizza with pineapple.

poo poo, got it in one. nice work

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

We gonna talk about that dead body stashed under the seat? I can't even tell what the focus of this picture is, it reminds me of those bunny-with-a-pancake-on-its-head pictures that were funny memes a dozen years ago.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Ignoring the faceplanted commando in the foreground and the Subsumption AI NPC inside the couch, take a look at the two background characters. They seem to have slightly differing ideas of which way is up.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Quavers posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj8h6yibHHc

Doesn't have a hover mode. Insta fail :colbert:

It's (pre)ALPHA! :argh:

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beet Wagon posted:

Or having a beard!

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Virtual Captain posted:

Wow I caught up with the thread in like 2 hours you guys are slacking off.

ok I lolled pretty hard.

Well, its because nobody is funding us!

We need to start selling something... hmm.. how about refund indulgences? We can absolve people for having backed SC in the first place.

"You are absolved for funding Star Citizen my son. Go in peace. That will be $1000!"

I mean, we've got to do something now that the cheques from Derek have stopped!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Kikas posted:

...speaking of playing with friends, Sarsa, do you know how did the mission rewards change in the new build? The patch notes mention that they "reworked" them, then in the next sentance they say that if you do missions with your friends, you split the cash reward between all players. My main question is - did they increase or decrease the rewards? There's ship rentals to consider now in cash balancing, so I'd expect them to cut rewards tenfold, but maybe they did the opposite of what I'd expect in typical CIG fashion.

No, I haven't bothered to boot the game up in at least a month and a half. We moved this month and it's been two weeks since I even had my PC set up in a playable state. Also Star Citizen licks taint and it is pretty much my absolute last priority in any given situation.

My guess would be that they took the route of least resistance and worst game design: they slightly increased the payouts but the missions are always split between all players, thus never incentivizing you to work with anyone if you can help it. But it's really pretty irrelevant since missions are all dumpster fires anyway and the only ones that people did regularly did not require any other players. The main reason shared missions matter is that now at least everyone can see the loving map markers at the same time.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Obviously the npc in the white shirt realized, using Croberts super AI totally indistinguishable from humans, that the player was afk and murdered/robbed him with a little bit of light rape to give it a real NY subway vibe.

Stupid goonies.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

It's all good, Ben is a huge piece of poo poo, as has been documented many times over in this and other threads, and it is very easy to be mad about some of the awful things he has done. Things just have a tendency to go off the rails once we start saying "this person deserves to die" even in a joking manner, is all. Just doing my job as the civility police *crowd boos, throws empty bottles at me*

*hands Beet Wagon a silver medal from the online civility olympics*

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

chaosapiant posted:

We gonna talk about that dead body stashed under the seat? I can't even tell what the focus of this picture is, it reminds me of those bunny-with-a-pancake-on-its-head pictures that were funny memes a dozen years ago.

I think it's from a bug where if you are crouching and try to use your inner thoughts™ menu to sit on a chair or other seat, you end up sitting somewhere else in the completely wrong direction. I don't even know how this happens, but Star Citizen manages.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

DapperDon posted:

Nazis, convicted child molesters, mass shooters espousing racial power, late night infomercial broadcasters, etc.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Bofast posted:

...inner thoughts™ menu ...

Is this a thing you made up or is this a real thing CIG *implemented*? I honestly can't tell anymore.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

This thread has so much invented language that I don't understand it all. What's an "ortwin"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

chaosapiant posted:

This thread has so much invented language that I don't understand it all. What's an "ortwin"?

a shark

edit: vampire shark