Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Kind of hoping ThatGuy causes a mod challenge before Burt closes this iteration of the thread, tbh.

Khanstant posted:

Then again, over a ten year period I saw a drastic change in sexual behaviour at restaurants.
Some of that also has to do with the period of relatively lax enforcement of harassment policies coinciding with a cliquey/close composition of coworkers.

I.e. the 'we all drink/smokebreak together so what's a little blue humor' excuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

pentyne posted:

Sidenote: between nov 2004 and june 2016 what exactly caused you to go insane? 16 years on this forum and 43 of your 44 probes are within the last 3 years.

I can think of a few things about the last 3 years that have caused everyone to go a little insane.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

Not really. Power resides in the customer.

I remember working in a pet store in my 20's and a dude in his 40's kept hitting on me and asking if I'd like to see the lizards he kept buying crickets for. Asking me repeatedly to come to his house, or out for pizza when I declined the first one by laughing and saying I was at work or school, but he kept loving probing for a time when I'd be free. I didn't know any better, I knew if I outright said No, however, he could say something to management about me having a bad attitude, so a write-up would happen.

Never once did I consider he was a loving weirdo perv or that I had the power to say NO because I really didn't, I just didn't want to get fired.

For what it's worth I'm glad that you didn't get chopped up and fed to lizards

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

pentyne posted:

God forbid one of those "females" would learn you aren't gay and then relentlessly flirt with you and prevent you from succeeding at your job. After all, I'm sure anytime a woman says she's gay to a client/customer literally no guy would take it as a sign to try and convert them and flirt harder

Sidenote: between nov 2004 and june 2016 what exactly caused you to go insane? 16 years on this forum and 43 of your 44 probes are within the last 3 years.

Look into your heart. You know the answer.

:sad:

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for exposing my Dad's infidelity in front of family?
I also got a few texts/voicemails from my Uncles telling me I ruined my parents marriage and that I should stick my nose out of adult poo poo..
So some of these uncles are also cheating on their respective spouses, right? And that’s why they’re putting the blame for the marriage dissolving on the 16-year old kid rather than the cheating shithead dad who has multiple mistresses?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

MagusofStars posted:

So some of these uncles are also cheating on their respective spouses, right? And that’s why they’re putting the blame for the marriage dissolving on the 16-year old kid rather than the cheating shithead dad who has multiple mistresses?

the number of affairs is definitely greater than the number of uncles

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Reminds me of Sal on the Howard Stern Show. His parents were old school Italian Catholics, so divorce was never an option. Eventually the mother found out, but the dad just told his wife for years that he loved women's perfume and that was why he wore it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Straight White Shark posted:

the number of affairs is definitely greater than the number of uncles

Now you might think the number of affairs could be best expressed linearly or, possibly, exponentially, but its actually a logarithmic function because as the number of uncles increases each additional affair becomes harder to add due to the easiest mistresses already being taken.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Yawgmoth posted:

So how does one go about asking out the cute waitress at the place you're a regular at? Is it literally just "hope she asks you out first" or is there some tactful way of doing that which also doesn't make her feel uncomfortable?

You loving don't.

Assume everyone you ever interact with in the service industry sees you as an inconvenience that must be mitigated to get paid, and you won't be far off.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
One of the cashiers at my local grocery store likes me because a pen with her name on it (it's apparently a running joke that she loses pens) fell into my grocery bag. I ended up returning it a month later and we had a laugh about it.

Should I propose to her and enter into a joyless, sexless heterosexual union that defies God, who is gay because he made man first and women as an afterthought at the insistence of Adam because he didn't want to gently caress bees and otters or whatever?

That's how it was explained to me in Sunday School I'm not a theologian or whatever.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

cumshitter posted:

One of the cashiers at my local grocery store likes me because a pen with her name on it (it's apparently a running joke that she loses pens) fell into my grocery bag. I ended up returning it a month later and we had a laugh about it.

Should I propose to her and enter into a joyless, sexless heterosexual union that defies God, who is gay because he made man first and women as an afterthought at the insistence of Adam because he didn't want to gently caress bees and otters or whatever?

That's how it was explained to me in Sunday School I'm not a theologian or whatever.

I assume the pen jumped into your bag because it misheard you talking about where you lived and thought you said Pen Island.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

cumshitter posted:

You should visit your nearest Theology Hole and ask for advice.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Yawgmoth posted:

So how does one go about asking out the cute waitress at the place you're a regular at? Is it literally just "hope she asks you out first" or is there some tactful way of doing that which also doesn't make her feel uncomfortable?

when you run into her somewhere other than work you fuckin weirdo, and I don't mean by way of you stalking her.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

Racist/offensive parrot (Ont. Canada)
u/-Black-Snow-
(Ontario Canada)

I had a question regarding my parrot. I have to take him to the vet for his annual check up and over the past year he has spent a lot of time around my grandfather who says a lot of offensive things around him. Every now and then he will utter out something offensive/racist. I live in Canada where there is the “hate speech” laws. If I take him to the vet and he starts saying offensive stuff, will I get in legal trouble for it?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Show your parrot he needs to change his ways by murdering your grandpa in front of him

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

cumshitter posted:

As someone who went to Catholic school a couple times I can vouch for this being entirely correct though frankly I’m disgusted and disappointed that Cumshitter even thought it was remotely acceptable to flirt with a member of the opposite sex you harlot.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

All i know is Im supposed to have lots of kids but it doesnt have to be through loving so I just created a secret society of half mole half human hybrids who believe the surface world to be uninhabitable and if adopted children dont count god can go to hell.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Too late. We got married in the frozen goods aisle so that her nips would be prominent in her wedding photos. I don't consider them our wedding photos because documenting this abomination was her idea.

The manager officiated our union. I have another straight son who will disappoint me on the way (I had joyless sex beneath her on top of a pallet of Signature Select baked goods, which I understand to be the in house brand for Alberton's, which trades under ABS. I wish I had a wife with a penis and prominent ABS.).

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my best friend that I found her father on a sugar daddy website?

I’m really confused and upset about this whole situation so hopefully this will give me a bit of clarity.

I’ve been best friends with “Laura” for over 20 years now - we lived in the same neighbourhood growing up and were inseparable even until now, so our families are very close. We often have joint thanksgiving/Christmas/birthday dinners and I would always join them on family vacations and vice versa. Her parents have always been extremely kind to me and I’m thankful for them.

A few days ago, one of my classmates told me about a girl she knew that paid her whole tuition by getting a sugar daddy. She showed me the website and, being a broke college student, curiosity got the best of me so I made a profile that same night. A day later, I started browsing the site and ran into Laura’s father profile almost immediately. It was 100% him, he didn’t blur his face or anything.

I was pretty shocked but what got to me was his bio that mentioned that he was currently married and wanted something super discreet, and his age preference was between 18-21 (he’s 67 years old, not sure if it matters when it comes to sugar daddies but) and the whole thing just gave me the creeps. I immediately deleted my profile but took some screenshots before.

I told myself that if I was Laura, I’d want to know. Her mom was practically a second mother to me and it broke my heart to think this was happening behind her back. So I sat Laura down and just showed her the screenshots. She freaked out and said I shouldn’t have shown her this, that her dad’s sex life isn’t any of her business. She left shortly after and the next day sent me a huge paragraph going on about how I was the reason her parents are getting a divorce now (she told her mother that same night apparently) and that I should’ve minded my own business. So, AITA? Should I have kept my mouth shut? I feel AWFUL about the whole thing and just wish I never came across it.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AiTA for photoshopping a picture of my girlfriend.

So about a month ago i was talking to guy in work. Hes a pretty fit guy like myself and we were talking about gym routines.

Id seem a picture of him on facebook and he has almost perfect physic and i was asking his secrets.

He explained to me that it wasnt all him and showed me an app on his phone that he used to edit his pictures and give him that extra boost. The app was free so i downloaded it.

It was pretty good and I showed my GF the pics and she thought they we pretty good too. Over the coming weeks i got a bit obsessed about editing pics of myself and then got bored with it, never shared a picture with anyone other then her and the guy in work. One day i was again bored watching some program i eith the gf so started to play with it again. Edited myself, the cat and a few pictures of my gf.

Even though she is also in good shape ( we gym or so oyher activity ever other day) I gave her a flatter stomach, pinched waste and bigger boobs. After a while id thought I'd done a good job and showed it to her, she was not impressed at all asked why id done it. I explained i was bored with the tv programme and wonder what she would look like with bigger boobs.

She got annoyed tunned of the programme and went upstairs to watch it.

Am i the arsehole?

Edit.

Fristly i think my girlfriend is beautiful. This wasnt for me wanting to change her. I also did other pictures like long arms and making my cat super fat.

We spoke about 30 minutes later and i apologised as i never intended to upset her. We are cool and she knows i think shes beautiful.

I accept it was a bit tastless. I will stick to funny ones in future and only edit myself in "serious" edits.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Years ago, someone made an amazing thread in Pet Island about this same issue, with a parrot they'd inherited from an elderly relative. IIRC, its entire vocal repertoire was the n-word and coughing fits?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
My 8th Grade Sex Ed Teacher: And that wraps up the male reproductive system section. Does anyone have any questions?

*I raise my hand*

Teacher: No questions?

Another student, raising his hand: Cumshitter has a question

Teacher: Oh god...

Me: Yes, I do. Wouldn't the elasticity and temperature of the male anus make it the perfect receptacle for sperm? Theoretically, could a small, heated aquarium approximating the male anus be sold with sperms replacing Sea Monkeys? Would you invest in this if I could produce a working model?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

HIJK posted:

No regrets. Owning your piece of poo poo dad in front of his family is perfect

Turns out his dad's entire family were pieces of poo poo, too.

Quelle surprise.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for going off on a cat caller?

quote:

It was broad daytime, im walking home from my friends house who lives a few blocks down.

Mind you, im wearing sweats and a long shirt bc it was early in the day and i wasnt dressed in any certain way that showed my figure or whatever other reason cat callers have for these things.

A man pulls up next to me and tells me “are you gunna just tease us like that?”

I didn’t give it a second thought because i was so fed up w the cat callers that i started cussing this man’s life out. I was yelling saying “get the gently caress out of here” and “go gently caress yourself” and “you’re a pathetic piece of trash get a life you little bitch”

I’m not really sure what took over me but i guess i went off so hard that the guy ended up saying he’s joking and driving off. Was i the rear end in a top hat for being so rude and having a potty mouth in the moment? I felt like maybe i was a bit overboard but i also feel like he deserved it for harrassing a woman who was clearly minding her business and walking to her home.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lucrece posted:

Oh hey, Petra's back.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Lucrece posted:

Hard NTA and I hope we make this the norm.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AiTA for photoshopping a picture of my girlfriend.

So about a month ago i was talking to guy in work. Hes a pretty fit guy like myself and we were talking about gym routines.

Id seem a picture of him on facebook and he has almost perfect physic and i was asking his secrets.

He explained to me that it wasnt all him and showed me an app on his phone that he used to edit his pictures and give him that extra boost. The app was free so i downloaded it.

It was pretty good and I showed my GF the pics and she thought they we pretty good too. Over the coming weeks i got a bit obsessed about editing pics of myself and then got bored with it, never shared a picture with anyone other then her and the guy in work. One day i was again bored watching some program i eith the gf so started to play with it again. Edited myself, the cat and a few pictures of my gf.

Even though she is also in good shape ( we gym or so oyher activity ever other day) I gave her a flatter stomach, pinched waste and bigger boobs. After a while id thought I'd done a good job and showed it to her, she was not impressed at all asked why id done it. I explained i was bored with the tv programme and wonder what she would look like with bigger boobs.

She got annoyed tunned of the programme and went upstairs to watch it.

Am i the arsehole?

Edit.

Fristly i think my girlfriend is beautiful. This wasnt for me wanting to change her. I also did other pictures like long arms and making my cat super fat.

We spoke about 30 minutes later and i apologised as i never intended to upset her. We are cool and she knows i think shes beautiful.

I accept it was a bit tastless. I will stick to funny ones in future and only edit myself in "serious" edits.

This post is just a viral ad for the app, isn't it? Did someone in the comments with a suspiciously low post count eagerly ask where he could get it?

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Foster son (16M) broke my (41F) trust & says he found my husband (45M) cheating. Would I be wrong to put him in a different home temporarily while I figure all this out?

quote:

I've been fostering a 16 year old boy (J) for the last eight months. His birth mom recently terminated her parental rights so we've been making moves toward adoption. This has been a really smooth experience for us - no big behavioral issues, he fit in great with the whole family (we have one other bio son, M), etc. We were all very excited to make him a part of our family.

But yesterday all hell broke loose. I walked into my room to find some printed sheets on my bed. They were screenshots of text conversations from my husband's phone with a woman from his office (who I know quite well) that made it clear they're sleeping together. Underneath that were printouts of our bank statements with lines highlighted like a purchase from a flower shop I don't recognize, some purchases on business trips that I suppose could be suspicious (like fancy dinners, although that really isn't out of the realm for his job), etc.

Of course I immediately asked my husband to come home and presented him with the "evidence." He was livid. He denied everything and explained all of the charges and also pointed out that the text conversations could be fabricated since they were only screenshots (this is the most suspicious part to me though because I think it'd be hard for anyone to fabricate texts that sound EXACTLY like him). We confronted each of the boys about it (because who else would have access to our room?) and neither would admit to having anything to do with it.

At this point, our house was in total chaos. I asked my husband to sleep at his mom's house (which did NOT go over well, but he eventually went).

That night when I was alone in my room, J came in and admitted to everything. He said he accidentally caught my husband and the woman "getting it on" in my husband's car parked on the driveway. He said my husband then yelled at him and threatened that if he told me, he'd make J's life miserable (I asked him exactly what this meant but he said he didn't know). So J started dropping me hints the last few months and hoped I would catch on without my husband noticing, ending with these papers on my bed. Some of those things were planting an unfamiliar earring on my bedroom floor, asking me about his "friend" who'd cheated on his girlfriend, etc.

I have to admit I completely lost my cool. At this point I just felt betrayed by everyone and so confused about what was actually going on. I started yelling and basically chewed him out for invading my privacy, getting into our bank accounts, stealing my husband's phone and/or fabricating all of this, and god knows what else he did. He got mad back and asked if I even believed him, and I said I didn't know because he's apparently lied to me so many times and this is an extremely serious accusation of my husband. M came in to see what was going on, and J started yelling at him, accusing him of knowing everything and not doing anything about it.

I finally just sent everyone to their rooms so I could cool off and try to find any concrete evidence that my husband is actually cheating. I couldn't find anything on Facebook, in emails, etc, but finally I did look closer at our bank statements (my husband does all of our finances) and found some charges further back where the locations didn't line up with where he said he traveled for work. That plus the text messages (and my gut feeling) is pretty much proof enough for me.

When my husband came back this morning, I presented him with the new evidence and he denied everything again, came up with my excuses again, and started getting madder and madder about both the boys. I didn't tell him what J told me because I wanted to just focus on his affair right now and not divert the attention/anger to J, but then my husband made both of them come in the room and asked them again if they were responsible for any of this. I said they didn't have to say anything but J cut me off and told him what he'd told me. My husband seemed absolutely shocked and even hurt that J would accuse him of yelling at and threatening him. (My husband does have a bit of a temper, but I've NEVER witnessed him lashing out at either of the boys like J said he did.) This made J furious and he started yelling at my husband, basically begging him to tell the truth, and my husband just refused and said everyone was mistaken.

So now I'm obviously a mess. I'm seriously considering divorce but I've still barely even talked to my husband. I have my son M to think about. AND I have to figure out how to handle J since I'm pretty sure he can't live in the same house as my husband anymore and I've completely lost trust in him.

Here's my dilemma: I want to put J in a temporary placement while I sort all this out because otherwise I honestly don't see how I'm going to do this. But I feel like that's somewhat cruel. On the other hand, maybe this is just in-the-heat-of-the-moment me talking, but I really don't know if this placement is going to work out in the future. I just need some time to figure everything out and move forward.

tl;dr My teenage foster son revealed my husband's affair, breaking my trust in a bunch of different ways in the process and fabricating some of it. My husband is denying everything but I think he is probably cheating. Would it be wrong of me to put my foster son in a temporary placement while I figure all of this out?

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Lucrece posted:

Def NTA. Has catcalling ever not made a woman feel uncomfortable, angry, or scared? Basically,

teen witch posted:

Hard NTA and I hope we make this the norm.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pinecone Sample posted:

Foster son (16M) broke my (41F) trust & says he found my husband (45M) cheating. Would I be wrong to put him in a different home temporarily while I figure all this out?

He says he found my husband cheating in the sense that I say that I have found that sum of the angles of a triangle is always 180.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Lucrece posted:

"whatever other reasons" girl their only reason is in their pants, that guy was an rear end in a top hat and you didn't say nearly what he deserves to hear. NTA for doing a good deed

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Barudak posted:

He says he found my husband cheating in the sense that I say that I have found that sum of the angles of a triangle is always 180.

can you cool it with your quips until you have something actually funny to say, just ease up a bit

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AITA For swallowing my friends wedding rings

quote:

On Thursday my friend Sheila found out that her husband had been cheating on her and she was devastated. Myself and a bunch of her girlfriends decided to go out with her to get over the devastation. We ended up at a nice club with a lot of good looking guys so that turned out to be a very good distraction for all of us.

About half way thru the night we were all sitting at a table and drinking and alternating who was buying a round of shots. We started talking about what people do with their rings after a divorce such as selling them, throwing them in a river etc. Sheila decided it would be a good idea to drop her wedding and engagement ring in my shot glass, so we did a cheer to bad ex's and we all threw the shots back. My shot included 2 rings and I barely felt them as I swallowed the whole thing.

I should note that I am not too concerned about the rings as I know several children who have swallowed similar things with no issues. Sheila has small fingers so the wedding ring was small and the engagement ring was relatively plain with only a 2 carat diamond.

Today (Sunday) Sheila called me saying that she wanted her rings back as she needs and money and wants to sell them. I told her that they had likely already been flushed down the toilet and were long gone. Even if they weren't gone yet, I wasn't going to look for them or pay to see the doctor as she previously wanted me to dispose of her 2 rings.

AITA for following thru with her original choice?

2 carat diamonds are expensive as gently caress, OP is a rich fat rear end in a top hat

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Just casually swallowing a couple rings as I knock back a shot

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pinecone Sample posted:

hm somewhat cruel. maybe a little. maybe from an outside perspective someone could look at my doing this and say it's a titch hosed up, but I can't see how!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

Just casually swallowing a couple rings as I knock back a shot

Maybe they were gummi rings or its two giants telling this story because Im with you and struggling to figure out how you could just no big deal that.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Sep 30, 2019

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

deepthroat queen of Minneapolis will make you forget all about your ruined marriage

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Even if you didn't feel a 2 carat diamond ring going in, surely you would feel it coming out?

I'm going to need cumshitter's expertise on this.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

ulex minor posted:

can you cool it with your quips until you have something actually funny to say, just ease up a bit

yeah, no jokes :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

quote:

Dear Care and Feeding,

My wife and I and our 4-year-old son were out to dinner last week. It was a medium-nice restaurant, not fast food, but not super fancy either. My son is a normal, active little boy, and it’s hard for him to sit through a whole dinner, so we let him explore the restaurant a little. I noticed our waitress giving him the hairy eyeball, so we asked him to stop running. He was pretty good about it after that, but he did get underfoot when she was carrying a tray, and she spoke to him pretty sharply to go back to our table and sit down. I felt it was completely uncalled for, and she should have come and spoken to us personally instead of disciplining someone else’s child.

I tipped 5 percent and spoke briefly to her manager, who gave noncommittal replies. My wife agrees with me, but when we posted about it on Facebook, we got a lot of judgy responses.

—It’s Hard for a 4-Year-Old to Sit Still

quote:

Dear Sit Still,

Yeah, this is your fault. It’s hugely your fault. Of course it’s hard for a 4-year-old to sit still, which is why people usually stick to fast-dining establishments while working on restaurant manners. It’s why one parent usually responds to a fidgety kid who wants to “explore” by taking him outside the restaurant, where he can get his wiggles out while not taking laps around servers precariously carrying trays of (often extremely hot) food and drink.

A kid “exploring” a restaurant is not a thing. When you did intervene, it wasn’t to get him back in his seat. It was just to instruct him to “stop running.” You weren’t parenting, so a server did it for you. She was right. You were wrong.

Your son is not ready to eat at a “medium-nice” restaurant again until he is capable of behaving a little better. You can practice at home. You can practice at McDonald’s. You can try a real restaurant again with the understanding that one of you may need to take him out when he starts getting the urge to run an obstacle course.

I doubt that you will do this, but I encourage you to return the restaurant, apologize to the manager for complaining about your server, and leave her a proper tip.

Mend your wicked ways.