Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
A guy nearby had a run-in with a school bus. He survived.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Nocheez posted:

A guy nearby had a run-in with a school bus. He survived.

:piss:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Looks like a perfect opportunity to make an NA speedster

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
Finally, an excuse to buy driving goggles.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Exocet. Donor.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Yeah what part of the country is that in? I expect that thing to show up on one of the FB Miata buy/sell groups.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Some fb group is talking about it (one that’s even worse than trackable miatas)

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Coredump posted:

Yeah what part of the country is that in? I expect that thing to show up on one of the FB Miata buy/sell groups.

Greenville, SC

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/state/south-carolina/article235457392.html

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Just placed an order for a 2019 club in ceramic with the Recaro package. Super pumped that I managed to get the order in as they're discontinuing the ceramic color in 2020. Can't wait to be back in a Miata.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Shame another NA bites the dust. How long until someone makes an all carbon tub of an NA?

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
I'll bet that guy wishes school buses had underride bars (even though a lot of the ones on semi trucks will collapse if anyone actually hits it). I read that there is some opposition because of a fear kids will use it as a handhold to skateboard behind the bus line Marty McFly... as if the bus is perfectly smooth under the bumper and devoid of tow hooks.

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries

Partial Octopus posted:

Just placed an order for a 2019 club in ceramic with the Recaro package. Super pumped that I managed to get the order in as they're discontinuing the ceramic color in 2020. Can't wait to be back in a Miata.

poo poo, really? I love that color. If I didn't get soul red, I would have gotten ceramic. Well, I guess I'm part of the problem.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Yeah, they're replacing it with polymetal, which I'm not sure how I feel about.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Polymetal should look super cool on the Miata but dammit Mazda just offer all the colors.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Partial Octopus posted:

Yeah, they're replacing it with polymetal, which I'm not sure how I feel about.

I wonder what color it would be if Animals As Leaders was made into a hue.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

BloodBag posted:

I wonder what color it would be if Animals As Leaders was made into a hue.

poo poo brown.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I miss the bright blues we used to see.

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries
I'm waiting for the return of yellow. Orange was pretty good but I'm not paying +$10k for the only special edition that has it.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Someone on Facebook listed a sunburst yellow NA a few months back and I'll be damned if that isn't the Right Color for that car.

UnkleBoB
Jul 24, 2000

Beginner's Version, Copyright,
1991 - Please Copy and Distribute

um excuse me posted:

Someone on Facebook listed a sunburst yellow NA a few months back and I'll be damned if that isn't the Right Color for that car.

I love my sunburst NA. Held out for months to find a low mileage one.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
I somehow managed to strip a front wheel stud. The shop wants $75 to press in a new one. This isn’t too hard right? Take off the brake caliper and rotor (never actually done that before), hammer out old stud, use an open lug and a spacer to compress the new one in?

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
It's a 15 minute job, yes. I don't even compress it before putting the wheel back on. It goes in as I tighten it down.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Well that was maybe the easiest job I’ve ever done. No stuck or hard to reach bolts, no tools I didn’t have, new stud compressed in easily with an open ended lug.

Only thing is my brakes seem a little firmer now? Just want to make sure I didn’t mess something up somehow. I just undid the 2 14mm bolts on the caliper, slid the whole thing off, set it aside making sure it wasn’t hanging or pulling on the cable, then slid it back on and tightened up the bolts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Elysium posted:

Well that was maybe the easiest job I’ve ever done. No stuck or hard to reach bolts, no tools I didn’t have, new stud compressed in easily with an open ended lug.

Only thing is my brakes seem a little firmer now? Just want to make sure I didn’t mess something up somehow. I just undid the 2 14mm bolts on the caliper, slid the whole thing off, set it aside making sure it wasn’t hanging or pulling on the cable, then slid it back on and tightened up the bolts.

A happy ending!

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Elysium posted:

If you really want to blow your mind change to some fresh oil in the engine.

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010
Had an older lady in a Jaguar decide she wanted to be part of my Miata last night. Sigh.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
How'd she react?

I got sideswiped by a bluehair in an XJS once and she acted like it was my fault for existing in the lane she wanted to use.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

The 1995 M edition is a funny creature. It has no warning lights for most critical things such as low fuel or oil pressure. What it *does* have, is a low washer fluid light. I had no idea until this morning. Silly rear end car. Almost at 170k miles this morning.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Diametunim posted:

Had an older lady in a Jaguar decide she wanted to be part of my Miata last night. Sigh.

It's because they're small and low and people are blind and can't see them. I've never had a car backed into more than my Miatas.

My last one, a black 97, got backed into three times.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
I was sitting in a line of traffic at a stop light, and a lady in a minivan starts to back up to open a gap for someone to turn into the parking lot. I lay on the horn for a good 5 seconds and she stops. Then, apparently satisfied that the horn was a figment of her imagination, she starts to back up again, and I again slam the horn until she rolls over my hood.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Never been backed into, until I got my Miata, then twice in one year. I’ve learned a few important rules about being behind people since then

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Crosspost with stupid question thread:

Trying to replace struts and springs on my NC Miata. The strut boots are falling apart. I was going to replace them but OEM are hard to find. Aftermarket boots don't include the lip at the top that insulates the spring against the metal tops.

Should I just reuse these? Is it OK to put the strut together without them? I'm concerned about NVH if I don't have that rubber insulating lip.

PS: These are the fronts, do any Mazda people know if part number is same for rear? The dealership parts people can't find the part number in the catalog anywhere.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Elysium posted:

I was sitting in a line of traffic at a stop light, and a lady in a minivan starts to back up to open a gap for someone to turn into the parking lot. I lay on the horn for a good 5 seconds and she stops. Then, apparently satisfied that the horn was a figment of her imagination, she starts to back up again, and I again slam the horn until she rolls over my hood.

I got backed into while in a Jeep Cherokee once. I didn't have time to hit the horn first though so I hold out hope that the other driver would have noticed the headlights behind her had she been looking.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

ethanol posted:

Never been backed into, until I got my Miata, then twice in one year. I’ve learned a few important rules about being behind people since then

sup got-backed-into-in-a-Miata buddy

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010

GD_American posted:

How'd she react?

I got sideswiped by a bluehair in an XJS once and she acted like it was my fault for existing in the lane she wanted to use.

She was actually super apologetic about it and I could tell she was upset so I wasn't mad at all. Plus it's just a little paint correction that needs to be done. I've got a claim open with her insurance and we'll see what happens. I just want the wheel replaced and the paint corrected. It doesn't look like the quarter panel has any dents in it where she made contact with me but I honestly can't tell.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

It's because they're small and low and people are blind and can't see them. I've never had a car backed into more than my Miatas.

My last one, a black 97, got backed into three times.

Fingers crossed that never happens to me but I wouldn't be surprised.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

When I got backed into in a parking lot while I was stopped, the guy apologized at my window and wanted to give me a check. I told him I thought it best to go through insurance. He then denied responsibility on the phone with his insurance company and told them i was speeding through the lot, not stopped. I claimed on my collision policy, wrote a letter to my insurance company describing the incident in excruciating detail with photos and I got a check from his insurance 6 months later. Anyways you never know what people are going to think about when they get home.

ethanol fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Oct 1, 2019

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

blk posted:

Crosspost with stupid question thread:

Trying to replace struts and springs on my NC Miata. The strut boots are falling apart. I was going to replace them but OEM are hard to find. Aftermarket boots don't include the lip at the top that insulates the spring against the metal tops.

Should I just reuse these? Is it OK to put the strut together without them? I'm concerned about NVH if I don't have that rubber insulating lip.

PS: These are the fronts, do any Mazda people know if part number is same for rear? The dealership parts people can't find the part number in the catalog anywhere.

Probably just use some plastic epoxy or plastic weld them together.

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010

ethanol posted:

When I got backed into in a parking lot while I was stopped, the guy apologized at my window and wanted to give me a check. I told him I thought it best to go through insurance. He then denied responsibility on the phone with his insurance company and told them i was speeding through the lot, not stopped. I claimed on my collision policy, wrote a letter to my insurance company describing the incident in excruciating detail with photos and I got a check from his insurance 6 months later. Anyways you never know what people are going to think about when they get home.

No doubt. I had the something similar to me happen last time I was in an accident. Teenager came in way too hot trying to squeeze into an on-ramp, ended up slammed into the person in front of me at the time and then I ran into the kid. Kid admitted fault to both parties at the scene but at the end of the day I was found at fault for running into him.

But that time isn't now and I just got off with the insurance adjuster and they're going to be covering the damages..woohoo.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Hell Miata gonna hell Miata

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Anyone own an RF? There are quite a few used ones for sale in my area, they look really really cool but I don't know if I can go for the half assed (Targa) top down experience when I've been used to complete top down freedom. Big plus for the RF tho is it apparently stays way cooler in the hot summers because of the insulated roof.

Also it's too bad Mazda waited until 2019 MY to bump the horsepower :mad: