Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Anyone think we're getting a juicy 5am news dump?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

So this just happened on MSNBC with Nichole Wallace:

Nichole: "We have some more breaking news, we're going to take a short break and bring it to you."
(as they're fading out) Panel guest:"AGAIN?"

edit: The news was NBC confirming the NYT story about Trump criming with Australia

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

SubG posted:

Anyone who would take take it in the name of healing the nation and hastening the return to normalcy needs to read about Reconstruction or consider the effect Nixon loyalists had, and continue to have, decades after Watergate. gently caress that noise. If you're going to go for a general amnesty, it has to be in the form of something like a truth and reconciliation commission, where even if you're not seeking remedy for every individual outrage against the public good you are at least demanding their public admission.

This. 1000x this.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/MrDanZak/status/1178719783694606336

https://twitter.com/samthielman/status/1178674551716220934

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/1178760263564222467

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

My favorite part of this bullshit is that under the clothes line item it says "(Old Navy not Gucci)" as if somehow burning through almost a quarter million in post-tax dollars is a huge sacrifice because they're shopping at Old Navy.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Rabble posted:

My favorite part of this bullshit is that under the clothes line item it says "(Old Navy not Gucci)" as if somehow burning through almost a quarter million in post-tax dollars is a huge sacrifice because they're shopping at Old Navy.

many questions about how someone manages to spend $400 a month at old navy and considers that a necessity, not a luxury

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Rabble posted:

Dude, they can't even afford to go out of town for all three of their week-long vacations. Cut them some slack.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I really don’t understand. Trump withstood the fallout from the Mueller Report. He got away with it. It was over and people moved on. Why the gently caress is he directing an international conspiracy to... I don’t even know what about it?

I know he’s a raging dumbass but this seems beyond the pale.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

RuanGacho posted:

It's dumber than that.

Barr is actively seeking foreign help in the investigation of the 2016 investigation.

Is Barr an actual true believer, or is he just fully attaching his career to covering for ole Trumpy? Everything I have seen from the man makes him seem like he is the ultimate cynical spiteful political machine dickhead, without morals or scruples, like a revived Roy Cohn

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 30, 2019

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Rabble posted:

Just LOL if you're still paying for most of your clothes new at a store instead of thrifting.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
You are underestimating how much a raging dumbass he is. And also how narcissistic and dementiaed

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Rabble posted:

I love how between entertainment and vacations they are spending almost 14000 a year. That is about a third of my post-tax income. Those unfortunate upper class bastards.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Obviously you'll forgive me for inferring given my background, but he's a trained actor; he would be aware of his expressions.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I really don’t understand. Trump withstood the fallout from the Mueller Report. He got away with it. It was over and people moved on. Why the gently caress is he directing an international conspiracy to... I don’t even know what about it?

He's never faced the appropriate repercussions for anything wrong he's ever done in his entire life

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He's an extremely stupid dumbass and if he took any lesson from withstanding the Mueller Report it was that he could continue to do whatever he wanted.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why did Nixon order thugs to break into Watergate when he won the election in a walk?

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There's a host of reasons, but one which must be considered is that people like him will take take take as much as they can until they face a meaningful consequence for doing so.

He has so far suffered no consequences. His brain interprets this not as "phew, I got lucky, time to lay low", but rather as "I am right. Everyone knows I am right. I can do way more because I am right and everyone knows it."

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

How do I embed the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme into the tweet for all eternity?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

luxury handset posted:

many questions about how someone manages to spend $400 a month at old navy and considers that a necessity, not a luxury

No way a family who makes $350k spends that much at Old Navy a month, I think they're trying to signal they buy clothes like middle class folks. They probably buy a pair of socks there or something.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

TulliusCicero posted:

Is Barr an actual true believer, or is he just fully attaching his career to covering for ole Trumpy? Everything I have seen from the man makes him seem as the ultimate cynical spiteful political machine dickhead, without morals or scruples, like a revived Roy Cohn

barr is a corrupt political machine dickhead who spent the last ten years marinating in fox news

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

sticksy posted:

No way a family who makes $350k spends that much at Old Navy a month, I think they're trying to signal they buy clothes like middle class folks. They probably buy a pair of socks there or something.

They're buying from the actual navy, it's a $400 pair of socks meant for procurement pork

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trump realized the Deep State (including everyone in the CIA and FBI) was trying to fabricate evidence to overthrow his government. His only recourse was to send his own loyalists all over the word to involve foreign intelligence agencies in a bid to defend himself. As the Ukraine Hoax shows, the Deep State will stop at nothing!

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

sticksy posted:

This is not a real person's budget. It's something a rich, out of touch person made up to push the narrative that taxing rich people more is unfair.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Herstory Begins Now posted:

are dogs a free murder still at least? maybe we can compromise there

4 unarmed shootings a year and unlimited dogs?
The Huckabees are oddly eager to accept these terms.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

because he never lets go of grudge. i mean hell he is still saying the central park 5 are guilty.

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

There's a host of reasons, but one which must be considered is that people like him will take take take as much as they can until they face a meaningful consequence for doing so.

He has so far suffered no consequences. His brain interprets this not as "phew, I got lucky, time to lay low", but rather as "I am right. Everyone knows I am right. I can do way more because I am right and everyone knows it."

its that but i feel like if this magically ends with the Senate finding him guilty and declaring him guilty and getting tossed out and his mind still wouldnt process it.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

At some point Trump has definitely accidentally called Joe Biden and asked him for help framing Joe Biden.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TulliusCicero posted:

Is Barr an actual true believer, or is he just fully attaching his career to covering for ole Trumpy? Everything I have seen from the man makes him seem like he is the ultimate cynical spiteful political machine dickhead, without morals or scruples, like a revived Roy Cohn

its the latter probably. i feel like he will try to save himself over trump.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

evilweasel posted:

barr is a corrupt political machine dickhead who spent the last ten years marinating in fox news

All you need to know about Bill Barr is that he wanted to have the False Claims Act declared unconstitutional back in 1990 because it was an impingement on executive power. The guy is a corrupt pro-busineas fuckface and always has been.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Jaxyon posted:

Just LOL if you're still paying for most of your clothes new at a store instead of thrifting.

I have to because I’m such a big asshat that most clothes second hand don’t fit me. I do buy them from a local big and tall outlet though because even losing around 100 lbs my 6’5 rear end still has issues with some clothing stores charging almost 70-80 for shirts and pants. :sigh:

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Lord Wexia posted:

This poo poo makes my blood boil. To add to the above, that is some expensive loving day care. My 2 year old is at a reasonably priced day care 5 days per week and it comes out to about $12k per year. Not cheap, but also not almost 30 loving grand.

(Nevermind the limit for a dependent care account is $5k per year and hasn’t been raised since the 80s)

Our two kids are at the least expensive home daycare we could find near (note: not IN) Boston and it's close to $32k a year. Massachusetts has both the #1 Childcare in the country by some random ranking and the #1 most expensive in the country. I'm sure there's somewhere along the lines where the second rating could be cut without affecting the first, but of all the costs on that stupid list, childcare can absolutely be that expensive or worse.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lemming posted:

Every time this brainless moron says the dumbest thing he's ever said I think "this is it, this is as dumb as it gets" and then he always surprises me, and I think about having that thought over and over

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

SchrodingersCat posted:

All you need to know about Bill Barr is that he wanted to have the False Claims Act declared unconstitutional back in 1990 because it was an impingement on executive power. The guy is a corrupt pro-busineas fuckface and always has been.

nah you need to know considerably more

bill barr was a corrupt as gently caress bush loyalist but when he was appointed it wasn't clear he would be a trump loyalist too (since the bushes hate trump - i thought he was potentially less dangerous as a result and boy was that wrong). that he has spent ten years marinating in fox news and is just as filled with brain rot as any other random republican is a key data point because it's why he's as gung-ho for trump as the rest of the base

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rent-A-Cop posted:

At some point Trump has definitely accidentally called Joe Biden and asked him for help framing Joe Biden.

The twist is that Joe Biden agreed because he figured revealing Joe Biden helped Trump would help him

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

where are the drat guillotines?

https://twitter.com/The_Law_Boy/status/1178690453035769856

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Stupid is as stupid does.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

The twist is that Joe Biden agreed because he figured revealing Joe Biden helped Trump would help him

Working together with colleagues on the other side, it's what Ol' Joe is all about.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

already posted, still worthless clickbait nonsense

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Obviously you'll forgive me for inferring given my background, but he's a trained actor; he would be aware of his expressions.

The embed cut off weird, there are two (2) Ukrainian presidents there (one presently an ex-president, and that one isn't a professional entertainer).

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Not to defend that garbage chart, but $24k is what preschool costs in high CoL areas. And it's not like there are cheaper alternatives, besides giving up your job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lol

https://twitter.com/jameshohmann/status/1178777178189815809