Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trump believes that the emails are physically printed paper in a vault somewhere. He has sub-Zoolander understanding of how computers work.

*were, and then Hillary used acid to destroy them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trump believes that the emails are physically printed paper in a vault somewhere.

yeah and he also legit believes schiff lied becauase he couldnt stand how perfect trumps call was. i mean honest to god, does trump have the capacity to understand right and wrong?

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
It’s a chud conspiracy theory. The DNC contracted Crowdstrike with regards to the server hacking and they think it has ties to Ukraine, so the theory is that Ukraine was helping out Hillary’s campaign via Crowdstrike and might even have the emails.

The chud s were on Twitter giggling about the Crowdstrike thing and how it was an important sign of this thing being blown wide open, not realizing that the president only brought it up because he’s a dumbass that believes alt right conspiracy theories that they made up in the first place.

It’s an oroborous of stupid.

ryde fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 1, 2019

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

The Mattering is upon us.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ryde posted:

It’s a chud conspiracy theory. The DNC contracted Crowdstrike with regards to the server hacking and they think it has ties to Ukraine, so the theory is that Ukraine was helping out Hillary’s campaign via Crowdstrike and might even have the emails.

Maybe it's that emails operate by Star Trek copying rules, i.e. they're digital and can be transmitted around the world instantly but they must exist in one and only one location at a time where they are physically archived.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah and he also legit believes schiff lied becauase he couldnt stand how perfect trumps call was. i mean honest to god, does trump have the capacity to understand right and wrong?

He seems to have the intellectual capacity of a toddler.

Edit: this dude failed upwards all the way to the presidency. The Peter principle hard at work

Rabble fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Oct 1, 2019

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/JoshNBCNews/status/1178815911349964801

https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/837509250779918340

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Ooooh, fun. Wonder who they'll conspire with now.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/mskristinawong/status/1178806643309441026?s=19

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Isn’t Pompeo under subpoena?

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Dapper_Swindler posted:

The Wizard comic, but with Trump and Crimes instead of shotguns.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What is Gorka doing back in the picture?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
https://twitter.com/MattGlassman312/status/1178773527891267584

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

This is aggressively stupid propaganda aimed at poor people.

When a poor person talks about money "left over" at the end of the month, that is often the discretionary money they use for groceries and maybe car problems that are getting bad or worse. That stuff is already accounted for in this budget. That 1k a month they aren't spending is ON TOP OF all the stuff the poor person is already trying to save for.

I don't want to shame the budget either - the goal of a well structured budget is to save some money and spend money that isn't doing any work. That's fine. Framing it as struggling based on the metric of unspent cash is stupid.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

There's a South Park episode where Jimmy creates a joke and over the course of the episode Cartman has flashbacks to that moment and in every one it changes more and more until it's of him creating the joke instead and everyone talking about cool and smart and funny he is. I think that's literally how Trump works. He is completely unable to engage with reality. His brain just warps it until he's right about everything.

He started claiming the Access Hollywood video was loving faked https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/25/us/politics/trump-roy-moore-mcconnell-alabama-senate.html?_r=0

quote:

He suggested to a senator earlier this year that it was not authentic, and repeated that claim to an adviser more recently. (In the hours after it was revealed in October 2016, Mr. Trump acknowledged that the voice was his, and he apologized.)

He's demented.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So semi serious question, as I withdraw from the hellscape that is Facebook Comments...

What is up with the pathetic, repetitive, idiotic conservative nicknames for drat near everything?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So I've been trying to digest the last ~300 posts' worth of new revelations, and there's all these new contacts between Barr/Trump and various world leaders. But they're not about Biden, they're about ... the 2016 election? Like... what's he trying to get them to help with? Clearly not to get to the bottom of the alleged Russian election hacking, right? If Trump were sane he would be considering that whole episode over and done with now that the Mueller Report didn't amount to anything, so he would and by all rights should be doing everything in his power to direct attention away from the 2016 election. But because he's Trump he, what ... wants the whole world to help out in proving that the Deep State was out to get him all along and the real Russian Collusion was the Democrats trying to fix the election against him? That's what all these countries are (telling him they're) lining up to help with?

Like, this all sounds utterly stupid and right in line with the reasoning of the Trump Dimension but it doesn't seem like part of the same "impeachable offenses" topic that's at hand.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Riding again, apparently.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Rudy going the sovereign citizen route.

I'm sure it'll work out this time

CHEF!!!
Feb 22, 2001

If Guiliani tells the Democrats to take their subpoena and SHOVE IT UP YOUR UGLY rear end, they hold him in contempt... what happens then? I recall ball-busting fines mentioned more than once. If the DoJ refuses to arrest him, does Barr go on the chopping block too? If so, seeing as Congress funds Washington, DC, could they have the Capital Police or DC Metro Police police arrest Giuliani the next time he's in DC?

Why do I foresee a lot of this gentlemen's agreement poo poo being codified into written-in-stone law come 2020...

CHEF!!! fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 1, 2019

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Data Graham posted:

So I've been trying to digest the last ~300 posts' worth of new revelations, and there's all these new contacts between Barr/Trump and various world leaders. But they're not about Biden, they're about ... the 2016 election? Like... what's he trying to get them to help with? Clearly not to get to the bottom of the alleged Russian election hacking, right? If Trump were sane he would be considering that whole episode over and done with now that the Mueller Report didn't amount to anything, so he would and by all rights should be doing everything in his power to direct attention away from the 2016 election. But because he's Trump he, what ... wants the whole world to help out in proving that the Deep State was out to get him all along and the real Russian Collusion was the Democrats trying to fix the election against him? That's what all these countries are (telling him they're) lining up to help with?

Like, this all sounds utterly stupid and right in line with the reasoning of the Trump Dimension but it doesn't seem like part of the same "impeachable offenses" topic that's at hand.

For one, Trump is balls deep in conspiracy theories, which is entirely consistent with everything we've known about him politically going back a decade at least. He was the guy behind all the obama birther stuff that everyone else lined up behind.

Also his 2020 strategy is to dig up dem crimes he totally believes exist from 2016 so seeking election help now isn't really separate from seeking old dirt on biden/hillary.

Tuff Scrote
Apr 23, 2004

Data Graham posted:

I'm not sure the recent Barr news with Australia is illegal because no quid pro quo was mentioned (am i wrong?). Its more that Trump is wasting taxpayer money on stupid debunked poo poo to prove that HE is the victim and that all the scandals were actually the Dems trying to get him. I'm guessing he thinks that reveal will help him in 2020.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Data Graham posted:

It basically just using the full might and resources of the US government to enable his projection.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Data Graham posted:

They're trying to build an anti-Mueller report that proves all their conspiracy theories about "the Witch Hunt".

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

CHEF!!! posted:

If Guiliani tells the Democrats to take their subpoena and SHOVE IT UP YOUR UGLY rear end, they hold him in contempt... what happens then? I recall ball-busting fines mentioned more than once. If the DoJ refuses to arrest him, does Barr go on the chopping block too? If so, seeing as Congress funds Washington, DC, could they have the Capital Police or DC Metro Police police arrest Giuliani the next time he's in DC?

Congress has their own officer who will go arrest Giuliani if they use their inherent contempt powers.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

KillHour posted:

Congress has their own police officer who will go arrest Giuliani if they use their inherent contempt powers.

Do they.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Tir McDohl posted:

They're trying to build an anti-Mueller report that proves all their conspiracy theories about "the Witch Hunt".

But no one even cares about the real Mueller Report anymore! This entire thing is self sabotage.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1wcwarP5vg

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

trump is calling in the loving ginyu force of chud gently caress ups now. i guess.

Lemming posted:

There's a South Park episode where Jimmy creates a joke and over the course of the episode Cartman has flashbacks to that moment and in every one it changes more and more until it's of him creating the joke instead and everyone talking about cool and smart and funny he is. I think that's literally how Trump works. He is completely unable to engage with reality. His brain just warps it until he's right about everything.
He started claiming the Access Hollywood video was loving faked https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/25/us/politics/trump-roy-moore-mcconnell-alabama-senate.html?_r=0
He's demented.

yeah, that explains it pretty well and in trumps case its probably true.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 1, 2019

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

mdemone posted:

Do they.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergeant_at_Arms_of_the_United_States_House_of_Representatives

Edit: he even has a badass mace.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mace_of_the_United_States_House_of_Representatives

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Mendrian posted:

This is aggressively stupid propaganda aimed at poor people.

When a poor person talks about money "left over" at the end of the month, that is often the discretionary money they use for groceries and maybe car problems that are getting bad or worse. That stuff is already accounted for in this budget. That 1k a month they aren't spending is ON TOP OF all the stuff the poor person is already trying to save for.

I don't want to shame the budget either - the goal of a well structured budget is to save some money and spend money that isn't doing any work. That's fine. Framing it as struggling based on the metric of unspent cash is stupid.

This is true of all these articles, though. They all amount to "look how little money we have left after taking care of all of our necessities, saving for emergencies, and living a generally luxurious and comfortable life."

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
I'm catching up, what the hell do Australia and Italy have to do with the 2016 election?

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

dwarf74 posted:

So semi serious question, as I withdraw from the hellscape that is Facebook Comments...

What is up with the pathetic, repetitive, idiotic conservative nicknames for drat near everything?

It's about framing, they are building a vocabulary of metaphors to communicate subjects among each other, and like learning any language repetition aids in memory retention as well as propagation among the like minded.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

KillHour posted:

Congress has their own officer who will go arrest Giuliani if they use their inherent contempt powers.

Enter ... THE PARLIAMENTARIAN.

*theme music plays, opening credits*

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Isn't he selling snake oil now? I swear he's on some fraudulent commercial or another.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, that explains it pretty well and in trumps case its probably true.

This is the best example I've seen of it because you can literally watch it happen in real time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHPEtv2rKOU

Just watch the first 30 seconds. It's loving psychotic. He rewrites his own quote as he answers the question and then gets mad when Holt tries to correct him

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

mdemone posted:

Do they.

Yes, but it hasn't been used in decades

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...s-idUSKCN1SC1YE

quote:

How is a contempt finding enforced?

The Supreme Court said in 1821 that Congress has “inherent authority” to arrest and detain recalcitrant witnesses.

In 1927, the high court said the Senate acted lawfully in sending its deputy sergeant-at-arms to Ohio to arrest and detain the brother of the then-attorney general, who had refused to testify about a bribery scheme known as the Teapot Dome scandal.

It has been almost a century since Congress exercised this arrest-and-detain authority, and the practice is unlikely to make a comeback, legal experts said.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

dwarf74 posted:

Isn't he selling snake oil now? I swear he's on some fraudulent commercial or another.

some sorta poo poo like that. gorka is good little chud so he will crawl back to trump to join his loving ginyu force of fuckups with rudy, barr and probably miller.

not by me sadly.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

SubG posted:

I think this is an important point in terms of reading the tea leaves: the ICIG not only does not appear to be willing to participate in the coverup, they appear to be actively pushing back against the coverup, unlike the AG and DNI.

yeah i think you're right, they're actually going above and beyond to not be a part of this which, in the age of trump with a trump appointee running it, is pretty shocking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

LMAO

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1178820044802940929