Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

tactlessbastard posted:

Don't gently caress it up, I haven't even had the chance to ask who had the reports high score :mad:

Someone PM me when this stupid loving derail is finally completely over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

i can't pick which is the biggest lie or which word is doing the most lifting. it's a tonsillolith of bullshit.
Same. There's a whole story buried in that sentence that absolutely informs the reactions of everyone involved.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Same. There's a whole story buried in that sentence that absolutely informs the reactions of everyone involved.

he's "fine with it" in the sense that he feels bad actively complaining and the daughter knows this and feels the father seethe and just wants SOME sign of a more foundational acceptance.

props for at LEAST getting her pronouns right.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

he's "fine with it" in the sense that he feels bad actively complaining and the daughter knows this and feels the father seethe and just wants SOME sign of a more foundational acceptance.

props for at LEAST getting her pronouns right.

My dad came around and ultimately has become a big supporter of mine. Hopefully this guy will too. It sounds like he's genuinely trying but just has a lot of prejudices to work through.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

tactlessbastard posted:

She left out a lot between

And
No she didn't, it was 100000000% Grandma Debbie, who lives with the family and can poison the kid 24/7

quote:

Debbie has hated me from the beginning. Again, no idea why. She has cursed me out, screamed at me, called me names, told me I'm an unfit godmother and what am I going to do if both of his parents die cuz if I don't have money to put toward a baby shower (which she didn't LET me take control of, nor did she take the money I offered for it), how am I supposed to raise my godson?
Feeling challenged is plenty of motivation for that (if you're a lunatic which obv she is)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I had a coworker with 5 kids and had a load of tattoos including their names. Well one kid realized they were trans and so as a bonding moment she went and shopped out a tattoo removal place and new artist to write the new name. It was super sweet, whole office loved it, the kids think the world of her.

This person will die alone

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for sponsoring the girls in our church to go to a science camp?

Being a female engineer, I've always been passionate about promoting women in science and technology, so when I saw this science camp advertised for middle school students, I thought this was a good opportunity. It's held at a local university for 3 days and is supposed to introduce kids to STEM careers. So I decided to sponsor all the girls in our church who are within the age range (10 to 14) to attend. It is $175 per person and so I made a donation of $2450.

Now, I am getting a lot of pushback for limiting it to girls. Some parents of boys are saying that they will send their sons as well (at their own expense) and accusing me of being sexist. The whole thing has become a big argument and rather than being appreciated, I feel like I'm being villified. The trustees are going to meet this weekend to decide whether they will reject my donation, which would mean that all the girls won't be able to go unless their families pay out of pocket, and the church will lose $350 in non-refundable cancellation fees because they have already made the booking.

So AITA?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Being a female engineer, I've always been passionate about promoting women in science and technology, so when I saw this science camp advertised for middle school students, I thought this was a good opportunity. It's held at a local university for 3 days and is supposed to introduce kids to STEM careers. So I decided to sponsor all the girls in our church who are within the age range (10 to 14) to attend. It is $175 per person and so I made a donation of $2450.

Now, I am getting a lot of pushback for limiting it to girls. Some parents of boys are saying that they will send their sons as well (at their own expense) and accusing me of being sexist. The whole thing has become a big argument and rather than being appreciated, I feel like I'm being villified. The trustees are going to meet this weekend to decide whether they will reject my donation, which would mean that all the girls won't be able to go unless their families pay out of pocket, and the church will lose $350 in non-refundable cancellation fees because they have already made the booking.

So AITA?

wtf kind of engineer still goes to church?

A dumb one.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
AITA for letting a girl believe regular brownies were “weed brownies” and letting her make a fool of herself all night in front of our friends?

So there’s this girl in my friend group. She has a tendency to be kind of over the top and stretches the truth a lot. We all were hanging out over the weekend to celebrate another friend’s birthday. Apparently a few people had the idea to give her “pot brownies” and see how she’d react. The catch is that they had nothing in them at all. But they were banking on her acting high anyway to fit in with everyone else.

I didn’t find out about this whole plan until I got there. Everyone else pretended to be high and so did the girl, predictably. I didn’t participate in that part but I also didn’t tell her it was all a huge joke at her expense.

At the end of the night someone told her and called her out on always being fake. She got really upset and ended up leaving the party early by herself. I do feel bad for her but I also feel like she kind of brings this on herself sometimes because she’s always trying too hard.

Again though, this wasn’t my prank and I probably wouldn’t have planned something like this myself. But it is what it is now.

AITA?

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Power Khan posted:

AITA for letting a girl believe regular brownies were “weed brownies” and letting her make a fool of herself all night in front of our friends?

So there’s this girl in my friend group. She has a tendency to be kind of over the top and stretches the truth a lot. We all were hanging out over the weekend to celebrate another friend’s birthday. Apparently a few people had the idea to give her “pot brownies” and see how she’d react. The catch is that they had nothing in them at all. But they were banking on her acting high anyway to fit in with everyone else.

I didn’t find out about this whole plan until I got there. Everyone else pretended to be high and so did the girl, predictably. I didn’t participate in that part but I also didn’t tell her it was all a huge joke at her expense.

At the end of the night someone told her and called her out on always being fake. She got really upset and ended up leaving the party early by herself. I do feel bad for her but I also feel like she kind of brings this on herself sometimes because she’s always trying too hard.

Again though, this wasn’t my prank and I probably wouldn’t have planned something like this myself. But it is what it is now.

AITA?

This is one of the few examples of a good and funny prank.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So AITA?

I'm 100% sure the "sons" in question probably don't want to go to science camp but their parents are in a furious huff over some other kids getting sponsored when their precious darlings were excluded.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
AITA for repurposing the wedding fund and refusing to compromise?

I have 2 kids, different dads. I have a savings account for both. The account of my oldest, Lucy, has had £10 per week added to it by both myself and her father, and has gone up by about a grand a year and is over £13,000. The second account is for my son, Luke, who is 6. I have regularly added to this account since I found out I was pregnant, and have about 3.5k in the account.

His father, my fiance, had a separate account for Luke and has told me he was doing the £10 a week since we started the accounts. I recently found out the account he has for Luke only has a couple hundred in it. My fiance earns less than me but more than my Ex. If my Ex can afford £10 a week routinely, when he has nearly identical spending habits to me and my fiance but lives alone and therefore pays for rent/bills in full, and my fiance earns more than my Ex, there is no reason my fiance should not have been able to make the £10 payments each week (I earn the most of all 3 of us, followed by my fiance, followed by Ex). My fiance said he "forgot" and asked me to redistribute the contents of Lucy's fund to make up for the money missing from Luke's. I said gently caress no.

Luke's account is around 3k less than it should be. We have a wedding fund that contains a little over 2k of mine and my fiance's combined money. We don't want a huge wedding but we do want a really nice honeymoon where we can just go away for a week and not worry about money while we're there or returning.

My fiance says that he doesn't have the money to replace the 3k Luke is missing all at once. I have said that I want to take the wedding fund as it currently stands and deposit the lot into the savings account I control that is meant for Luke. I would not be doing this if my fiance had not 1) lied for around 7 years about saving for our son, 2) claimed he did not have the money to replace it, 3) suggested I take money from my daughter, saved up with help from my Ex, to fix my fiance's mistake. I also said that I want him to set up a direct deposit of £10 to the account that only I control each week. I will not budge on any of this as we agreed years ago now that this was a good idea and that it was important to invest in our son's future, and he has lied to me for 7 years now about making that investment.

AITA?

For people asking why this is so urgent to me: It's not the end of the world if the full amount isn't in Luke's account any time soon, as the plan was always to give each kid the total in the account when they were 18/moving out, but my fiance says he can't afford to repay the money in bulk or multiple installments and if he keeps on not paying, then when Lucy is 18 she'll have 19-20 grand, and when Luke is 18 he'll get closer to 10k from just me. While I don't doubt he'd be grateful for whatever he gets, he'd get half of what Lucy will if my fiance doesn't make up the difference.

Update:

I asked him again why he didn't have the money. He said he just didn't. I asked him to bring up his bank statement, or payslip, or anything that shows how much money he has (bearing in mind he was last paid on the 28th and today is the 30th). He refused. I told him that if we were combining finances in any way I should be able to see where his money is going. He responded that I wasn't showing him my financial information, so I pulled up my banking app so he could see my own balance and transaction history. He then showed me his last statement, which his bank emailed him today. We had a fight and he's staying in a hotel tonight, which it turns out he can more than afford. He has nearly 60k in his personal current account and savings accounts, presumably meant solely for himself.

I cannot see us getting married after this. Not ever. It's not just the trust issue, but also that he, knowing he had nearly 60k in savings, decided that it was okay to try and guilt trip me into taking money meant for my daughter to fix it for him.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

The trustees are going to meet this weekend to decide whether they will reject my donation, which would mean that all the girls won't be able to go unless their families pay out of pocket, and the church will lose $350 in non-refundable cancellation fees because they have already made the booking.
I'm confused about this part. If they reject her donation she can still pay for the camp with that money. Why does the church have to be an intermediary?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Lets Pickle posted:

This is one of the few examples of a good and funny prank.

How does it prove anything if everyone else was also pretending to be high?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You have a six year old child together but just found out about his finances now, and yet you have a rock solid spine when confronted and now Im really confused how you exist

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

quote:

You can't possibly be as stupid as your post makes it sound.

My [21F] best friend [23M] who is also my ex has been a problem with the last three guys I have dated. Am I doing something wrong or what?

I am now best friends with my ex, let’s call him Ray. We were together for 3 years, but it was three years ago. I have been in an almost 3 year long relationship after him (a lot of 3 year milestones 😅) and one of the biggest reasons why we broke up was because of my friendship with Ray.

Me and Ray have a very very close relationship. We also live next to each other, like our apartments are in the same floor of the building and our doors are right next to each other.

Me and Ray now also work together at the same agency. So our everyday routine is, I wake up, do my mornings things and when I am ready I call Ray to wake him up, then I go to his apartment and wait for him to get ready and we go together to the office. After work we usually go home together. We sometimes make dinner together, we talk about life and work and deep things. We sometimes laugh how close we are.

Usually weekends we spend together.

I know it sounds like we are together, but we are definitely not. We don’t have sex, we don’t kiss, nothing like that.

We also had the talk. We both agreed to tell if anyone of us starts to get romantic feelings. We agreed if it happens, we will work things out. But he promised me that he sees me just as his sister now, he really cares about me, but not like that anymore and it’s the same for me. We actually tested it out. I was just broken up with my latest ex and me and Ray just got really drunk and thought maybe to hook up. It happened for just like two minutes cause we started to laugh a lot and both were like, nope this won’t work.

So, I dated a guy for a few weeks (3 to be exact, again 3 milestone) and he had a problem with me being so close to Ray. To say the least, it didn’t work out.

Now I am newly taken with my new boyfriend who is real good friends with Ray so he knows we’re close. Yesterday we talked about stuff and he said he was quite jealous of Ray at first, but not so much now untill....he asked me when was the last time I had anything with him. Well...i didn’t wanted to lie, so I told him (this May) and he just got so quiet. I told him it was nothing, it was horrible and just lasted two minutes, and that we both couldn’t be more unattracted towards each other. He just said wow and told me he really doesn’t like it.

I have told him multiple times that he is just a friend, but he just doesn’t get it.

I know i know it is normal that he is jealous, but sorry, I won’t end my friendship with Ray. He was there for me when I went through that horrible break up. He answered my 3am calls when I was crying so much I couldn’t breath. He let me sleep at his place when I felt lonely AF. I couldn’t imagine my life without him.

(Ray even talked with my boyfriend and told him that he really cares about me and if he breaks my heart....nothing will happen 😅 (he was joking))

Has anyone been in this kind of situation? Advice would be very much appreciated.

P.S. I showed Ray this post before posting it.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Barudak posted:

You have a six year old child together but just found out about his finances now, and yet you have a rock solid spine when confronted and now Im really confused how you exist

Schrödinger's spine

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Power Khan posted:

My [21F] best friend [23M] who is also my ex has been a problem with the last three guys I have dated. Am I doing something wrong or what?

I am now best friends with my ex, let’s call him Ray. We were together for 3 years, but it was three years ago. I have been in an almost 3 year long relationship after him (a lot of 3 year milestones 😅) and one of the biggest reasons why we broke up was because of my friendship with Ray.

Me and Ray have a very very close relationship. We also live next to each other, like our apartments are in the same floor of the building and our doors are right next to each other.

Me and Ray now also work together at the same agency. So our everyday routine is, I wake up, do my mornings things and when I am ready I call Ray to wake him up, then I go to his apartment and wait for him to get ready and we go together to the office. After work we usually go home together. We sometimes make dinner together, we talk about life and work and deep things. We sometimes laugh how close we are.

I know it sounds like we are together, but we are definitely not. We don’t have sex, we don’t kiss, nothing like that.

We also had the talk. We both agreed to tell if anyone of us starts to get romantic feelings. We agreed if it happens, we will work things out. But he promised me that he sees me just as his sister now, he really cares about me, but not like that anymore and it’s the same for me. We actually tested it out. I was just broken up with my latest ex and me and Ray just got really drunk and thought maybe to hook up. It happened for just like two minutes cause we started to laugh a lot and both were like, nope this won’t work.

So, I dated a guy for a few weeks (3 to be exact, again 3 milestone) and he had a problem with me being so close to Ray. To say the least, it didn’t work out.

Now I am newly taken with my new boyfriend who is real good friends with Ray so he knows we’re close. Yesterday we talked about stuff and he said he was quite jealous of Ray at first, but not so much now untill....he asked me when was the last time I had anything with him. Well...i didn’t wanted to lie, so I told him (this May) and he just got so quiet. I told him it was nothing, it was horrible and just lasted two minutes, and that we both couldn’t be more unattracted towards each other. He just said wow and told me he really doesn’t like it.

I have told him multiple times that he is just a friend, but he just doesn’t get it.

I know i know it is normal that he is jealous, but sorry, I won’t end my friendship with Ray. He was there for me when I went through that horrible break up. He answered my 3am calls when I was crying so much I couldn’t breath. He let me sleep at his place when I felt lonely AF. I couldn’t imagine my life without him.

(Ray even talked with my boyfriend and told him that he really cares about me and if he breaks my heart....nothing will happen 😅 (he was joking))

Has anyone been in this kind of situation? Advice would be very much appreciated.

You don't have an ex

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The P.S. at the end sounds more like a threat than a cute comment.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

DemoneeHo posted:

My [16M] twin sister [16F] has confessed she's in love with my boyfriend [17M]. She can't know we're together. I don't know what to do.

Open the relationship.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Barudak posted:

The P.S. at the end sounds more like a threat than a cute comment.

quote:

I'll have to ask Ray

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Power Khan posted:

It's a shame about Ray.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

bell jar posted:

You don't have an ex

Well she's about to get one.

A lot of cheaters hope their partner will agree to that dynamic after they have been caught but usually it is an unreciprocated desire. Like: "oh drat, you caught me cheating, guess we will have to break up so I can be with the person I was cheating with, but you are still going to be just as close and treat me just as good as before minus the sex. Wait, you hate me now? I'm hurt and I thought you were more mature than that."

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for cooking what I like not what my husband likes?

So for starters, I’m currently between jobs so he is the breadwinner. So since I have more free time, I’m the one handling all the house work including cooking. The thing is, I eat everything. Other then ketchup, bell peppers, and one local dish, I basically eat everything and anything. My husband though is a picky eater. And I mean one of those picky eaters who hates EVERYTHING. He doesn’t like jello, leafy vegetables, cabbage, most vegetables in general, most types of fruit, cheese gives him acid, doesn’t like sour things, seeds hurt his stomach, soup “is not food”. If it were up to him, we would just eat pizza, pasta, and burger until we die glued to our couch.

The only cooked veggie he likes is bell pepper which is the only one I hate. I usually try to incorporate it every once in a while in meals and keep it in the fridge for him, but it can’t be my source of vitamins.

I feel like I’ve switched to mom mode (which i hate) where I just prepare what is available and healthy and either 1) guilt him into eating 2) beg him to eat it 3) tell him if he doesnt like it he can order take in.

AITA here?

Update: I tried to eat his diet since we got married. I have since gained 6 kilos. He is pre-diabetic, so the doctor did tell him he needs a change in his diet.

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

Everytime I look around, I see
So much drama goin down
So much fakeness goin down
i think you should slam dunk your husband for being the worst kind of food bitch. life is about different flavors. people who want to eat the same thing always, make me so mad. try something new every day you can

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

So much drama goin down
like i knew a guy that only liked to eat hot dogs. dude we're in a mixing bowl city where we can get anything and you want hot dogs everytime, all the time. alright *pulls chute*

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

hot dogs can have a lot of different flavours, just gotta mix up the condiments

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

So much drama goin down
yeah and they can have bacon or cheese. im not saying hotdogs are bad every now and then

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

dead prez posted:

like i knew a guy that only liked to eat hot dogs. dude we're in a mixing bowl city where we can get anything and you want hot dogs everytime, all the time. alright *pulls chute*

Was he like, exploring the wide variety of culinary possibilities presented by centering meals around the noble frank, or just like, going to the store and buying a week’s worth of buns and dogs at a time? Or did he just live next door to a Nathan’s?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for kicking him out for drinking my beer bc he thought it was fair game?

So I'm a university student. I'm the only one of my friend group who currently lives alone (had a flatmate, he's currently doing a year abroad) so I'm usually the go to host for parties. Honestly, I like it that way. I really do enjoy hosting. Now, the rule at my parties is generally BYOB but I'll provide food. However I have what I call the Orphaned Booze Shelf, which is where drink that gets left behind and goes unclaimed ends up and that's fair game to everyone. I also usually grab an extra six pack of beers, just in case.

Now, I hosted a party recently and shortly prior to this I'd been gifted some really nice beer from my older brother's boyfriend. I won't bore you with a long rear end anecdote, but basically brother's BF is from Denmark and I went over there with the two of them last yeark and fell in love with this one Danish beer. Very difficult and expensive to get in the UK, but bros BF managed to find some and snagged me a case. For the party I also went to the supermarket and picked up a crate of Coors bc I figured that's a fairly safe choice for everyone.

So the party happens. Friend of mine brings her boyfriend who I don't particularly care for because I think he's condescending and snobby but I can tolerate him for her sake. This dude has a habit of showing up to parties empty handed but whatever, we have the OBS and that for this exact reason. I made sure to say to him when he arrived with no booze of his own "so help yourself to anything from the shelf, and there's some Coors in the fridge that's fair game too." He says thanks, party's going great, we're all having a super fun time. Then I go to grab another of my beers and noticed there seemed to be more missing than I thought I'd drunk. I was baffled but thought whatever, I'm a bit tipsy, maybe I've had more than I thought. But no. Again, next time I come back, there are even more missing. I basically turned around and spotted right away that my friend's bf had one in his hand.

I went up to him and said "what the gently caress mate" and he sort of held his hands up and said "you said the beer was fair game." I pretty angrily told him that, no, I said the Coors was fair game, the Danish beer is mine and it's kinda special. He insisted I said the beer was fair game (I'm like 99% sure I said Coors specifically) and that he didn't see what the big deal was cause he knows I like Coors too anyway. Plus he'd seen me giving other people sips of the Danish beer so I clearly wasn't that bothered about it. I was drunk and annoyed and basically told him to get the gently caress out and that he isn't coming to any of my parties in future. He left, my friend went after him really upset. Tbh I feel most bad about upsetting her. Still people have told me it was awkward and uncomfortable for me to go off on him like that and that I should have done it privately. AITA for doing it there and then in frong of everyone?

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

So much drama goin down

Pirate Radar posted:

Was he like, exploring the wide variety of culinary possibilities presented by centering meals around the noble frank, or just like, going to the store and buying a week’s worth of buns and dogs at a time? Or did he just live next door to a Nathan’s?

he lives in a singularity between biker jim's gourmet dogs and dog haus biergarten

Barudak
May 7, 2007

dead prez posted:

From my mother's house I fell into the State,
And I hunched in its belly till my hot dogs thawed.
Six miles from home, loosed from my favorite food,
I woke to blackened fish and the nightmare vegetables.
When I poo poo they wash me out of the bathroom with a hose.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

We’re talking about hot dogs now. I would chow down on most of these but the Idaho one just looks bad.

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

So much drama goin down
look im not saying hotdogs aren't amazing. but its not a lifestyle, for me myself personally

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Japan has many many varieties of hotdog Id put before the octopus like the hotdog they make with nacho chips on top

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I Eat Hotdogs, My Cat Eats WELLNESSTM

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The chart also lacks the thing you can get in night markets in Taiwan which is a sticky rice sausage cut open lengthwise and used as a hot dog bun, referred to as Small Sausage Inside Large Sausage

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

So much drama goin down
yeah those are delicious. if only my last relationship was so interesting. you can only eat a texas dawg so many times in one week

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Pirate Radar posted:

going to the store and buying a week’s worth of buns and dogs at a time

flashing back to the picky-eater story where the dude in question bought a stack of frozen pizzas while on vacation so he could keep "his streak" of days only eating pizza up, allegedly for the sake of his "instagram followers" who were heavily invested in his malnutrition journey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Pirate Radar posted:

We’re talking about hot dogs now. I would chow down on most of these but the Idaho one just looks bad.

No Australian democracy sausage? That's a poor chart.