Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Would it be fair to say, for 2019 at least, that mods named in the sticky post are full mods and everyone else with activity is an IK/demodded in 2019 mod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

In it, voted 5

This has been a wonderful thread, I am extremely glad of both your boredom and your interest in doing all of this.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

BurgerQuest posted:

Would it be fair to say, for 2019 at least, that mods named in the sticky post are full mods and everyone else with activity is an IK/demodded in 2019 mod?

I’m unclear on this post, but your missing alot of mods. We have tons. Also, old mods are in there which just adds to the comedy imo.

Also Ik sometimes “get” to be a mod. See Burt.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
is there any way to see which poster has been slapped by the greatest number of mods?

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
To be clear, there are some 190,000+ records in this dataset. I've never filtered the clouds or top x lists by time period, so you're seeing mod activity back to 2004.

Any missing mods would generally be if I've filtered out activity below a certain threshold. E.g. 10 or less probes or bans etc.

I work on about 16 columns of data now generated so that's just over 3 million data points. This will keep growing as I script more stuff creating new columns.

I'm already sick of working on this as a csv so tonight I'll load it into a database and this will let me write queries rather than manually filtering and transforming data.

BurgerQuest fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 1, 2019

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eox posted:

is there any way to see which poster has been slapped by the greatest number of mods?

Yes I'd say so. That's a good one to do for sure.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
drat i want a 12 hour

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i propose the dipshit emperor usergroup, only allowed to give 12 hour probations

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

heeheex2 posted:

drat i want a 12 hour

We aim to please here

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

how did zorak ban 200 accounts

didnt he run the anime forum? who knew it was such a slaughterhouse

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Zorak ran games, from what I remember.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
pretty sure they did both games and adtrw which is a cursed combo

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

This whole thread is great

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sorry not much to report tonight. I dumped this into a mysql database and once again cleaned it all up and generated new columns for the date field to be usable and probe hours/lengths etc.

so now i can far more easily do poo poo like... drumroll please.... 2019's leading probation givers!

and now let's me easily get info about number and hours of probation time, eg

that's probably all for tonight but at least I can get to some of the request from yesterday and properly write scripts to query this thing and generate pretty tables and graphs now.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

heeheex2 posted:

drat i want a 12 hour

I honestly didn't even know they existed until this thread, it's such an elegant time. More than the usual not noticeable 6er while you're sleeping, low enough to not really count as anything worse than the regular 6er. Also, a quite perfect sleep + get sober again time for drunk posters.

We should use these more often.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
kicking it up a notch, how many hours have they actually handed out this year? sorry burt, you ain't even close.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Goons Are Great posted:

I honestly didn't even know they existed until this thread, it's such an elegant time. More than the usual not noticeable 6er while you're sleeping, low enough to not really count as anything worse than the regular 6er. Also, a quite perfect sleep + get sober again time for drunk posters.

We should use these more often.

It's probably been mentioned but anything bigger than 6 isn't approved by the person who submits it so it's pretty much never worth it to probe for 12, if you're gonna be waiting for approval may as well do a day or 3

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

It is not surprising at all that D&D has the most probations.

Also it's kind of weird the mod of the funny computer forum is a top 10 prober :raise:

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

bradzilla posted:

Also it's kind of weird the mod of the funny computer forum is a top 10 prober :raise:

My sum total of YOSPOS knowledge is:
-anime is forbidden
-quoting a specific poster is also forbidden

which probably has something to do with that.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
nonviolent j tears at my heartstrings because on one hand he says things that are just too racist but on the other hand his natural sense of comedy is sublime. if only he could be guided he could be a blessing to the forums, but he refuses to accept guidance. i know his kind irl. they are so sad, and so bittersweet, oh nvj, my son, my son nvj

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

it's kind of like watching old footage of blackface minstrel shows and thinking to yourself "what a loss to the performance world" as their legacy becomes forever tainted by crimes against humanity. that's how i feel about nvj. yet at the same time i feel so strangely nurturing of him

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

help me, little forums. help me

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

one day we will all be one

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

fauna posted:

it's kind of like watching old footage of blackface minstrel shows and thinking to yourself "what a loss to the performance world" as their legacy becomes forever tainted by crimes against humanity. that's how i feel about nvj. yet at the same time i feel so strangely nurturing of him

No.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm surprised genesplicer has so many probes this year. Feels like that dude logs on like, once a month

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

In Training posted:

It's probably been mentioned but anything bigger than 6 isn't approved by the person who submits it so it's pretty much never worth it to probe for 12, if you're gonna be waiting for approval may as well do a day or 3

Ya I know, that makes the concept a bit redundant. I'd say open up 12ers for auto approval by mods or even IKs as well, but that might turn out to be a terrible idea, so 6ers it'll be.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

BurgerQuest posted:

kicking it up a notch, how many hours have they actually handed out this year? sorry burt, you ain't even close.

this proves that i could easily kick the rear end of most mods, due to my immense power and uncontrollable bloodlust

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
Burt Sexual has to stop handing out 3 days forever.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

listen bitch,

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
shut the gently caress up dumbass

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I don't know if I ought to be pleased to see I don't make the top thirty, or a little disappointed. I do like stats.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Would it be possible to do see the percentage of posts per subforum that leads to a probabtion?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

BurgerQuest posted:

erm I think I did this sort of right. I took the top 20 users by probe count first, then turned it into hours. assumed '1 month' probes are 30 days so yeah. could be tweaked.

Apparently I haven't drunkposted in fyad enough.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I enjoy seeing that I have the second-most probated hours but a tiny fraction of other people's probations in terms of numbers. I must have handed out a couple 100ks.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I don't know if I ought to be pleased to see I don't make the top thirty, or a little disappointed. I do like stats.

you can start cranking that soulja boy in the form of capricious and unearned 6 hour probations to pad your stats

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

FactsAreUseless posted:

I enjoy seeing that I have the second-most probated hours but a tiny fraction of other people's probations in terms of numbers. I must have handed out a couple 100ks.

100ks were excluded from the analysis so you put in more work than you think

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

BurgerQuest posted:

top 40 spenders

what can i say. i love this community and all of the GBS posters in it and enjoy spending $130 dollars of money on it

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BurgerQuest posted:

107 sixers?! Wow, I was a lot more active than I thought

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

FactsAreUseless posted:

CharlestonJew posted:

100ks were excluded from the analysis so you put in more work than you think
It's the one month probations that really do it, you (FAU) have 58 while Party Plane Jones and Burt Sexual have 40 and 41 respectively. It makes sense though, you were one who had to drop the one month hammer on serial shitposters who just couldn't learn how to take a hint. I know there were multiple QCS threads where you warned that anyone who kept stirring poo poo would get a month, and then the next 3 posts were people quoting you and continuing to stir poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Didn’t even make the scoreboard :negative:

Stupid well-behaved subforum...