Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Trump also gets all the money from the Free Parking space.

edit: all my shitposting finally gets me my first tax

zenguitarman fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

OAquinas posted:

Ukraine reeling from Russian attacks, reliant on NATO/US aid, US president starts making insane demands and witholding aid and supplies, SecState acting as an intermediary and suggesting a "peace" plan that ends the nightmare via "mutual" capitulation and elections. Russia gets what it wants and no more military hardware tied up/operational expenses.

Just spitballing. I'm sure that's divorced from reality.

the war has been real quiet for the last couple years. there are still soldiers in the trenches being shot and dying, there are still rockets and bombs, but at a very slow rate with most days seeing no shooting because of persistent if not always observed cease fires. while the war is technically still active there isn't much war happening

here's an example, a ceasefire implemented in the middle of july lasted more than two weeks with no shots fired

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...s-idUSKCN1UW15D

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 2, 2019

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

no one can argue with him on this one

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/Walldo/status/1179154071476830208

This is first time I've read snakes

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

OAquinas posted:

Ukraine reeling from Russian attacks, reliant on NATO/US aid, US president starts making insane demands and witholding aid and supplies, SecState acting as an intermediary and suggesting a "peace" plan that ends the nightmare via "mutual" capitulation and elections. Russia gets what it wants and no more military hardware tied up/operational expenses.

Just spitballing. I'm sure that's divorced from reality.

You're severely overstating significance of US aid, for one. There was 0 military aid under Obama, for one, and overall it's dwarfed by EU aid. Diplomacy with Berlin and Paris is likely the most important factor.

Also:
https://twitter.com/ChristopherJM/status/1179168379770462208

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Wow, wood varnish is a HELL of a drug.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1179179573541511176

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

eke out posted:

no one can should argue with him on this one

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1179179575059927040

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

They're getting better at comedy and it's making the left nervous

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Alright, this is actually scary.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Take away the nonexistent border wall.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

:tif:

We're luckily all of the career bureaucrats are willing to just dump on him, its one part of the system that is working as intended

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Full Cartman-about-to-get-hosed manipulativeness. Things must be going just peachy for him right now.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Donald J. Trump has never made verbal reference to learning anything. Scavino tweet.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Please let the moat nonsense dominate cable news tomorrow; I want the standard "poo poo myself on purpose" tweet to confirm it.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

BlackIronHeart posted:

this kind of poo poo isn't going to help him because it makes him look like an obvious loon to people who did not yet realize it, and trump doesn't have nearly the amount of support as he thinks he does. his personality disorder plain old prevents him from accurately understanding how popular he really is

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I feel like we're inches away from Trump tweeting for his supporters to kill his political enemies.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
As a thought experiment, what would happen if Trump tweeted 'I pardon anyone that murders my enemies'. Aren't the rules for how pardons work so vague that him saying it through any means is enough? Can murder be pardoned? Does he have to explicitly state a person or can he just mass pardon a group of people?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
After all of this is over it will come out that Trump at least asked if it was possible for military action to be taken against congress.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

mod sassinator posted:

As a thought experiment, what would happen if Trump tweeted 'I pardon anyone that murders my enemies'. Aren't the rules for how pardons work so vague that him saying it through any means is enough? Can murder be pardoned? Does he have to explicitly state a person or can he just mass pardon a group of people?

Promising pardons in advance for illegal activity is obstruction of justice

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/brianschatz/status/1179179553308073985

same

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1179149799876108288

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

mod sassinator posted:

State crimes can't be pardoned. (But if it happens in D.C then I dunno...)

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Oracle posted:

They're going full Unitary Executive. This is the push for 'the president is above the law and only he can get rid of cabinet members.'

I read that as full Urinary Executive. Sometimes dyslexia is fun :)

Aeolusdallas
Mar 2, 2016

Spun Dog posted:

I'd settle for a good tazer instead of chains

Why not both?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

someone's forced enough black coffee down his throat and hidden his vodka for long enough to remind him of all the times he's explicitly disclaimed he's acting as an attorney

that guy he hired is actually good, it seems

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Dick Trauma posted:

I feel like we're inches away from Trump tweeting for his supporters to kill his political enemies.

Inches? We are way past that

He has all but told his loons to rise up

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Yeah, this is not a good thing for the president to be tweeting. Like, holy gently caress.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

mod sassinator posted:

The President can pardon any Federal crime except for impeachment. Murder is a State charge so he’d have to get a Governor to go along with it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

mdemone posted:

Donald J. Trump has never made verbal reference to learning anything. Scavino tweet.

I actually find it kind of hard to believe Trump hasn't fired off a tweet at some point complaining about some people who have been tweeting horrible and wrong things under his account.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

BlackIronHeart posted:

it is and it isn't. trump says this poo poo the way a kid tells his parents he wishes they were dead when they take away his toys or some poo poo. he legit doesn't fully understand the power of the words he says. but like its also scary

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

OddObserver posted:

You're severely overstating significance of US aid, for one. There was 0 military aid under Obama, for one, and overall it's dwarfed by EU aid. Diplomacy with Berlin and Paris is likely the most important factor.

Also:
https://twitter.com/ChristopherJM/status/1179168379770462208

Obama was 3 years ago. Situation may have evolved since then.

And while we're certainly not carrying the full weight of aid for them, a mad despot threatening capricious wholesale removal of what we do give certainly affects the calculus.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

1337JiveTurkey posted:

Full Cartman-about-to-get-hosed manipulativeness. Things must be going just peachy for him right now.

He didn't write that tweet. Despite the capitalization, you can tell it's far too grammatically correct.

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

Is this the most direct he's been with the C-word? I feel like he's danced around it but I kind of hope he's been this direct before, cause otherwise this marks the most dangerous shift of his rhetoric.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

BlackIronHeart posted:

Chuds are cowards. Most won't do jack poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Orthanc6 posted:

Is this the most direct he's been with the C-word? I feel like he's danced around it but I kind of hope he's been this direct before, cause otherwise this marks the most dangerous shift of his rhetoric.

kinda. he has said they about mueller and poo poo before.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Data Graham posted:

I actually find it kind of hard to believe Trump hasn't fired off a tweet at some point complaining about some people who have been tweeting horrible and wrong things under his account.

He doesn't know they're doing it. How could he tell? He'd have to navigate it himself and he clearly can't.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Orthanc6 posted:

I feel like he’s must have said it in regards to Mueller and THE WITCH HUNT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

He didn't write that tweet. Despite the capitalization, you can tell it's far too grammatically correct.

Nobody else in their right mind would write that sort of tweet because it's digging the hole fast and hard. Like this is the sort of thing that would drive them to just impeach Trump because he's a liability at that point.