Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He's barely even a sports journalist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

"As a journalist...."

Yeah, no.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Otteration posted:

"As a journalist...."

Yeah, no.

Which is a more worrying way to start a sentence, "as a journalist" or "as a taxpayer"?

The worst, of course, is probably still "as an incel..."

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
"as a homeowner, "

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

The Super-Id posted:

He probably has already ordered the arrests of his opponents just like he was telling the border patrol to shoot down drones or anyone on the border throwing rocks. Likely his orders have just been ignored so far.

What was in the distant past where Trump ordered something and I think Kelly intercepted that ordered said whatever Trump wanted wasn't happening?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

Dammerung posted:

Which is a more worrying way to start a sentence, "as a journalist" or "as a taxpayer"?

The worst, of course, is probably still "as an incel..."

"As a nazi, I can attest that...."

Maybe?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

luxury handset posted:

"as a homeowner, "

“as a parent,”

Aeolusdallas
Mar 2, 2016

mdemone posted:

We're gonna need a bigger 🍆

And to think that I refrained from making the obvious Dick Pic joke....

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

https://skepticsannotatedbible.com/topics/feet.html

quote:

When Saul went into a cave to urinate or defecate he went in to "cover his feet."

And he came to the sheepcotes by the way, where was a cave; and Saul went in to cover his feet. 1 Samuel 24:3
When a baby is born it comes out between the mother's "feet"

And toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet. Deuteronomy 28:57
Ruth (with coaching from her mother-in-law Naomi) uncovers Boaz's "feet"

And it shall be, when he lieth down, that thou shalt mark the place where he shall lie, and thou shalt go in, and uncover his feet, and lay thee down; and he will tell thee what thou shalt do. Ruth 3:3
And when Boaz had eaten and drunk, and his heart was merry, he went to lie down at the end of the heap of corn: and she came softly, and uncovered his feet, and laid her down. 3:7

And it came to pass at midnight, that the man was afraid, and turned himself: and, behold, a woman lay at his feet. 3:8

And she lay at his feet until the morning. 3:14

I'm pretty sure that footbaths were just that, footbaths. But lots of references in the bible about feet make way more sense if it has to do with the genitals.

It's also something to fling in the face of biblical literalists because euphemisms like these exist in the bible.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

“as a parent,”

this could just as easily be a story about poop, or awful politics

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/willripleyCNN/status/1179178551003635712

https://mobile.twitter.com/cbctom/status/1179164180789825537

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Meatball posted:

This isnt the first time Graham has defended trump like this. If this was true, the threat was made long ago.

There's been rumors that Trump's been blackmailing him over it for years.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Oops, to be fair, I'm not stirring poo poo against journalists. I might be one. I'm journaling right now :)

Nate is not a journalist.

Listen always tax:

https://i.imgur.com/5b7FVSv.mp4

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

when it rains, it loving pours.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

FuturePastNow posted:

North Korea may have just tested a submarine-launched ballistic missile.

https://twitter.com/TheKoreaHerald/status/1179200201216512001

I'm grateful that John Bolton is no longer in the white house

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

I'm sure they guy screaming about a coup can handle this

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1179204121037037570

quote:

A former New Jersey police chief who is facing a federal hate crime charge once said that President Trump "is the last hope for white people," according to a recording played before jurors during his trial.

The New York Times reports that former Bordentown Police Chief Frank Nucera Jr. is on trial in U.S. District Court in New Jersey for a hate-crime assault where he is accused of having slammed a black teenager's head into a doorjam.

At the trial last week, prosecutors played a recording made by a former police colleague where Nucera can be heard making the comment regarding Trump, The Times reported Tuesday, citing a recording it had obtained.

Nucera also made comments about Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton in the lead-up to the 2016 election, saying if elected that she would "give in to all the minorities," the Times reported.

At the center of the assault trial is an allegation that Nucera grabbed the head of a black handcuffed suspect in a Sept. 1, 2016 arrest, and slammed them into a metal doorjam. Prosecutors are trying to prove Nucera was motivated by his "intense racial animus."

A criminal complaint filed in court shows Nucera allegedly told a colleague in 2015 that African Americans are "like ISIS, they have no value."

I wondered how the state would run defense

quote:

Nucera's lawyer Rocco Cipparone told The Times that the former police chief didn't commit a hate crime. 

"These are embarrassing, ugly words, but if Frank Nucera did not strike this man, then the words are equally irrelevant," Cipparone said. "It is not a crime, even for a police officer, to use that language. It's not socially acceptable, it's not appropriate, but it's not criminal."

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
"as a gamer,"

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

"As a husband and father of daughters..."

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Well, this isn't coming rapidly apart faster than a jet engine after sucking in ball bearings.

That morning press conference is gonna be a hoot, I tell you hwhat.

Pompeo is probably a lock for getting impeached; Trump's odds are probably climbing by the day hour minute second.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

As a police officer,

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Japan's economic exclusionary zone is pretty bullshit tbh. It's idiotic how worked up people will get over a firing of an inert rocket into an uninhabited big rear end area of ocean a country arbitrarily has said belongs to them

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

mutata posted:

"As a husband and father of daughters..."

"As a straight white male husband and the father of of many many god-fearing church-going white daughters..."

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

As a devout Christian,

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
As a D&D poster,

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

OAquinas posted:

Well, this isn't coming rapidly apart faster than a jet engine after sucking in ball bearings.

That morning press conference is gonna be a hoot, I tell you hwhat.

Pompeo is probably a lock for getting impeached; Trump's odds are probably climbing by the day hour minute second.

which press conference and when?

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
As a guy who skimmed the Bible once...

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

which press conference and when?

Pelosi/Schiff PC at 10:45, last I checked.
https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1179173387924578309

Aside, does Trump even know how to pronounce coup?
Like, is he going to start going off and his followers will suddenly develop an intense but confused disliking for small cars?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

OAquinas posted:

Like, is he going to start going off and his followers will suddenly develop an intense but confused disliking for small cars?

i think he has said it before at rallys about muller.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1179204121037037570

"These are embarrassing, ugly words, but if Frank Nucera did not strike this man, then the words are equally irrelevant," Cipparone said. "It is not a crime, even for a police officer, to use that language. It's not socially acceptable, it's not appropriate, but it's not criminal."

No I'm pretty sure that's what hate crime laws are explicitly for, silly.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

OAquinas posted:

If it results in a ban on whatever those four door monstrosities ze Germans are calling coupes, I'd call that as good an outcome as can be hoped for.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Milosh posted:

As a guy who skimmed the Bible once...

What if thrice?

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

As a mother and a master of Brazilian jiujitsu...

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Please stop.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"As a centrist ..."

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
As 3 of my master's 5 slaves...

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao Bordentown :allears:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

As a reader of this thread, I want to die.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

As the President of the United States,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1179189266234167297