Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Nurge posted:

That food thing really strikes me as STDH. Unless it's the weirdest family group ever, 3-4/12 or whatever complaining about no meat seems just incredibly implausible.

I'd buy it in a family of conservatives who wouldn't notice or care if their nachos or whatever didn't happen to contain a meat item, but since they know the OP's a vegetarian are going out of their way to be assholes about the lettuce-munching pinko trying to infect them with the plant agenda

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Oct 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Nurge posted:

That food thing really strikes me as STDH. Unless it's the weirdest family group ever, 3-4/12 or whatever complaining about no meat seems just incredibly implausible.

There are still some people left that will get grumpy over seeing that there is even an option provided for the vegetarians, even if they had nothing to do with cooking it and there are plenty of meat options. This has cooled off a lot in the last decade of vegetarianism being normalised and gluten free and other dietary choices taking more of the heat. It used to be that just overhearing you were a vegetarian would prompt at least one person to sound off on their rant about vegetarians or outright try to fight you about it, whereas now you are more likely to hear someone try to claim some degree of vegetarian adjacency like "...I don't eat much meat...I'm trying to cut back".

But there are still plenty of people who don't consider a dish without meat to be a meal and I can easily imagine a sort of dietary version of the republican family members situation. These people will be especially enraged because the cook was vegetarian so they will perceive it as the vego trying to force their lifestyle on everyone and a sign of the advancing hordes coming to take away their meat (and also religion, guns and christmas)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Pirate Radar posted:

Apparently their breakfast is pretty good too.

That's why we tried to go there at my college reunion. When a couple of my friends were pulling all-nighters they liked to get breakfast there. The one who could make it wanted a group photo to send to the one who couldn't. Plans fell through because that group of friends has always been kinda flaky and I was the only one who apparently got enough sleep and non-hangover to actually show up.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
My [23M] triad [23F] [22F] has broken down, and I'm worried I stayed with the wrong person.

quote:

My girlfriend (let's call her A) and I have been together since we were teenagers [7+ years], and we're always open to the idea of meeting other people and being with other people in a sexual sense.

Other than minor flings (mostly on my part through a mix of her comparative pickiness) we were never romantically involved with someone until a year ago, when B [22F] entered our lives.

We were B's first relationship, but she decided to give it a go. I fell head over heels for B and we quickly developed a strong bond; we share a lot of interests, friends, career goals, and not to mention sexual appetites.

A and B got along quite well for a while or so it seemed. They shared interests I didn't with either of them, had similar senses of humour, and found eachother attractive. However, they took a long time before they had sex. And after they did, they never seemed to find the time to do it again. At first I thought it was because both of them weren't much of initiators, but in the end I think they ran into the problem that I had. A and B were sexually incompatible.

I had only ever had sex with A before. It was gentle, sweet, but it required a lot of attention and care from me and I never felt that I could be as passionate or adventurous as I wanted to. With B, the floodgates had opened. She was willing to try anything I thought of, and usually liked it. It felt like someone was willing to put my pleasure first, at least some of the time, and made me feel viscerally wanted.

Recently, B came to me and said that she had decided she could not be polyamorous. She had discovered she was only able to focus on one person. Me. I had a decision to make, and I failed to make it.

I wanted B, and I told her that, but I couldn't leave A for her. The guilt would have destroyed me. I was afraid to lose our life plans, shared finances, and comfortable living arrangements. It felt like a betrayal. B decided that she could no longer wait for me, and left. She's blocked us both on social media, and I haven't spoken to her in weeks.

Things between A and I have only gotten worse. Being with B made me realise there were things I could have in a relationship I didn't realise I wanted, and while some things can be worked on with A I know there are some things she is simply never going to be willing to do.

I am crippled with indecision and guilt. I want to be able to commit to the person I'm with, or commit to letting them go to find someone who can be with them 100%. Should I stick it out with A? Or should I try to follow what I think I want with B? Or should I do neither?

Any advice on what I should do or things to think about would be greatly appreciated.

Tldr: My triad [23F and 22F] broke down, and I stayed with the longer relationship, but fear I can't be happy with that decision.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Pinecone Sample posted:

My [23M] triad [23F] [22F] has broken down, and I'm worried I stayed with the wrong person.

This is why I only date in Quads so I can Monty Hall Problem my way out of this exact situation.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Bruceski posted:

That's why we tried to go there at my college reunion. When a couple of my friends were pulling all-nighters they liked to get breakfast there. The one who could make it wanted a group photo to send to the one who couldn't. Plans fell through because that group of friends has always been kinda flaky and I was the only one who apparently got enough sleep and non-hangover to actually show up.

Happens. If you didn’t know, the story with the Acrop is that the late owner also owned a ranch so the club gets its beef cuts at cost.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Pirate Radar posted:

Happens. If you didn’t know, the story with the Acrop is that the late owner also owned a ranch so the club gets its beef cuts at cost.

I didn't know that. Neat.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Reading the poly post is like trying to figure out when two trains will meet but theres a third train that just watches

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

You could try not acting like a robot. “Beep boop, you have transitioned therefore you are the Other!”

Y'all are dumb. She's doing the best thing you can, because otherwise it's giving the message "Well, sure, you've transitioned to a guy... But you're not like, a REAL guy."

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Pinecone Sample posted:

lmao

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

You could try not acting like a robot. “Beep boop, you have transitioned therefore you are the Other!”

I wouldn't take a swing that hard. It's difficult to generalize out an ideal way to act in that situation because there are plenty of people who argue that actually you are meant to instantly beep boop them into the other category the moment they have declared intention to transition and a failure to do so is problematic. An invitation to girl's night would then be seen as a rejection of their identity rather than a show of support, possibly with additional awkwardness of not even wanting to be reminded of previous girl's nights because they were only there as a consequence of their earlier gender miscategorization.

This isn't even a thing trans posters can fairly roll their eyes at ignorant cishets for, since you will find trans people arguing for exact opposing perspectives on this with aggressive assurance that their perspective is both the universal preference of all transfolk and the only path to a fair and decent society.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA For Walking Out of the Room?

This one is pretty straight forward. I [25] was watching TV with my roommate [25] and his GF [21]. She let out an rear end clapping fart. There was no question it came from her, and it smelled like death. I was shocked for a moment, cause they just pretended as if nothing happened, but as soon as the smell hit my noes I just said, "Goddamn!" and instantly got up and exited the front door to smoke a cig. My roommate was fuming over this and said I really hurt his GF's feelings, and that she doesn't want to come back over again. He said that was not cool to react that way. I didn't really know what to say, and we haven't been talking much since. Nor have I seen his GF lately...

I was just acting on instinct. I don't know.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Miserable Maid posted:

Y'all are dumb. She's doing the best thing you can, because otherwise it's giving the message "Well, sure, you've transitioned to a guy... But you're not like, a REAL guy."

err.. she's doing the best she can by excluding this person from a close group of friends?

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
I suppose the idea of asking him privately "hey, would you still want to come along to girls night as just a party or is that out of the question?" is entirely unthinkable

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for taking away my niece's flower girl duty the day of the wedding?

Got married last weekend and had a lovely day, but had some commotion early on the wedding day.

For flower girl, we had a choice between my two nieces, Amber and Katie. They're both eight and it was a tough decision. Unfortunately for my perfect day I felt shallow and since Amber has more of a typical angelic ''cute'' appearance (very long hair, glasses, big smile) I picked her. Her parents also convinced me she deserved it because she got top marks in some assessment her school did.

During the wedding prep Katie and her dad (my brother) kept telling me that Amber had been bullying her about the fact she didn't get the job. The girls have never liked each other for reasons I don't know. I didn't pay too much mind to it since I was too caught up in myself.

On the wedding morning I got to witness the bullying myself and it was pretty cruel. Amber (and keep in mind this is an eight year old child) told Katie that she'd never get married because she's too ugly. I could imagine how upsetting this would be for a child and I made Amber apologise and also took away the flower girl job and gave it to Katie. Amber was crying throughout the wedding day, and for the past days I haven't heard anything from her dad my other brother.

My husband and I are going away on our honeymoon on thursday, and i was anxious to get in touch with my brother before we leave. He finally called me and was extremely angry at me for taking the job away from his daughter. He said Amber has been crying the past two days and felt really humiliated, and was really looking forward to the job.

As someone who was bullied myself growing up, it felt like the right thing to do after Amber's behaviour towards Katie. I can't imagine how upsetting those comments would be, and at that point Katie, who had never been anything other than well behaved deserved it more than Amber.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Got married last weekend and had a lovely day, but had some commotion early on the wedding day.

For flower girl, we had a choice between my two nieces, Amber and Katie. They're both eight and it was a tough decision. Unfortunately for my perfect day I felt shallow and since Amber has more of a typical angelic ''cute'' appearance (very long hair, glasses, big smile) I picked her. Her parents also convinced me she deserved it because she got top marks in some assessment her school did.

During the wedding prep Katie and her dad (my brother) kept telling me that Amber had been bullying her about the fact she didn't get the job. The girls have never liked each other for reasons I don't know. I didn't pay too much mind to it since I was too caught up in myself.

On the wedding morning I got to witness the bullying myself and it was pretty cruel. Amber (and keep in mind this is an eight year old child) told Katie that she'd never get married because she's too ugly. I could imagine how upsetting this would be for a child and I made Amber apologise and also took away the flower girl job and gave it to Katie. Amber was crying throughout the wedding day, and for the past days I haven't heard anything from her dad my other brother.

My husband and I are going away on our honeymoon on thursday, and i was anxious to get in touch with my brother before we leave. He finally called me and was extremely angry at me for taking the job away from his daughter. He said Amber has been crying the past two days and felt really humiliated, and was really looking forward to the job.

As someone who was bullied myself growing up, it felt like the right thing to do after Amber's behaviour towards Katie. I can't imagine how upsetting those comments would be, and at that point Katie, who had never been anything other than well behaved deserved it more than Amber.

It’s loving pageantry poo poo like this that probably goes on all the time that makes the girls not like each other, you idiot.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Job switching aunt is a good lady and ambers parents have revealed where she gets her trash behavoir from.

Mister Olympus posted:

I suppose the idea of asking him privately "hey, would you still want to come along to girls night as just a party or is that out of the question?" is entirely unthinkable

I think this is the only actual solution. Its an unexplored territory for this group that involves new identity and existing social behaviors and without talking its very likely somebody here, including other women in the girls night, could be upset or hurt with just a blanket disinvite.

Related: since this is a topic that requires information we arent present for and the OP seems to lack, unless an update arrives Id like to ask we let this topic go and stop posting on it or probes start coming out. If youve any issues please let me know via pms.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Why couldn’t you just have two flower girls from jump street? I mean, it’s good that Amber faced consequences but this could have been entirely avoided. Or god forbid, not having a flower girl at all?

Eurgh, and choosing by who is more “angelic”? Lady, you’re the biggest child of em all.

Also, is the thread closing? If it’s possible from mobile, I don’t mind IK’ing this thread if it’s really that wretched, I post in it constantly.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Miserable Maid posted:

Why is everyone still ignoring the fact she isn't asking if she should exclude him just because it's girls only, but using an excuse about safety? Why the gently caress would a close friend transitioning suddenly make you feel unsafe around them? How is this about just trying to validate his gender when it's based on the friend somehow becoming causing some sort of nebulous fear now that he's transitioning? It's almost like there's a word for that..

Barudak
May 7, 2007

As the new IK of this place, this thread is not closing, not yet until Ive had a go of it.

Unless there are further updates from the OP subsequent posts on the trans exclusionary repeating friendates will be a probe

Barudak fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 2, 2019

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

err.. she's doing the best she can by excluding this person from a close group of friends?

Araenna posted:

Why is everyone still ignoring the fact she isn't asking if she should exclude him just because it's girls only, but using an excuse about safety? Why the gently caress would a close friend transitioning suddenly make you feel unsafe around them? How is this about just trying to validate his gender when it's based on the friend somehow becoming causing some sort of nebulous fear now that he's transitioning? It's almost like there's a word for that..

Haha, I was mainly trying to make a point about a lot of dumb posters here, the ones claiming that it's totally normal for women to constantly live in fear of all men and expect them all to kill/rape them at a moment's notice

She's just being logical, her friend transitioned to a man, he's clearly become a monster now. What, you think gender is just an arbitrary societal construct and doesn't determine someone's worth as a person? Don't be stupid.

sorry I'm really bad at hot takes

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

*waits to see if barudak is actually IK*

e: oh drat

bell jar fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Oct 2, 2019

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Oh poo poo he is

Guess we have to grovel at barudak's feet now

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Barudak posted:

friendates

Pronounced fren-da-tay

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Smirking_Serpent posted:

:wow:

what a poisonous child.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

teen witch posted:

If it’s possible from mobile, I don’t mind IK’ing this thread if it’s really that wretched, I post in it constantly.
That would be fun.

But I think we need some kind of purestrain threadargue posted in the last 2 pages to go out with a bang.

I Suggest:
AITA? I [M, 21]was upset with long term twinsoul [F, 19] because she said I had an "OK" dick after we agreed to Open the Relationship and our [Pan, 35] polycule mate suggested my circumcision was an act of violence. Accidentally didn't leave tip after getting rejected by cute AA waitress I asked out and now soulmate thinks I may be racist.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Started from page 1 now we here

Somewhere in the middle this started becoming PYF AITA though

Pete still rules

Talk to your trans friends about what they want and don’t dump them out of a social event when they likely haven’t had the opportunity or time to set up other stuff if they even want to

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Boyfriend (29m) said I (26f) smell bad, and that’s why we haven’t had sex in a long time.

We’ve been together for 6 years, that alone comes with its own problems, but overall we have a fairly healthy relationship.

However, in the past few months our sex life has gone in the gutter. We still have sex, but maybe once a week, if that? I haven’t necessarily addressed it, partially to avoid confrontation but also hoping maybe he would snap out of it and things would go back to normal.

I don’t want to sound conceited, but I know I am an attractive person; I work as a bartender at a bar where they only employ females based upon looks, body type etc (most of you know what type of bar/restaurant I’m referring to) so there definitely isn’t any lack of male attention on my part.

I don’t know if this matters but my boyfriend is a manager/bartender at a completely different place. We have similar jobs but don’t work together.

Anyways, earlier today I was getting ready for work and he was laying in bed playing video games (it’s his day off). I was doing my makeup in my underwear and when I turned around he said something along the lines of “wow you have a great butt” and I don’t know why but I kind of snapped and replied “then why don’t you want to have sex with me?” Okay, granted I know I shouldn’t have said it like that but I wasn’t really thinking. At first he didn’t really say anything...but then he goes “well you’re kind of smelly; when was the last time you showered, like 4 days ago? I’ve been counting.” What. The. gently caress. You guys I was shocked, my freakin heart sank and I felt like I was going to throw up. I DO NOT smell bad. Not my sex, not my freaking hair, or armpits. I don’t smoke and I eat so freaking clean. And I’ve definitely taken a shower in the past 4 days. I had just gotten out of the shower when I was getting ready for my shift. I literally have to look good for work that’s my freaking livelihood!

When he saw that it hurt my feelings, he apologized and insisted it was just a joke. But it didn’t feel like a joke. I told him he really hurt me, and I think this is a deeper issue than we are making it out to be. I told him I didn’t want to continue the conversation because I didn’t want to get worked up before my shift.

I feel like he’s making dumb excuses instead of addressing what’s really going on? I’ve always been told “if he doesn’t get it from you he’s getting it elsewhere.” I know he watches porn, who doesn’t? But to the point where it’s affecting your performance with your long term gf is a problem, right?

TLDR; boyfriend said I smell bad and that’s why we haven’t had sex all last week.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

please knock Mom! posted:

Started from page 1 now we here

Somewhere in the middle this started becoming PYF AITA though

Pete still rules

Talk to your trans friends about what they want and don’t dump them out of a social event when they likely haven’t had the opportunity or time to set up other stuff if they even want to

:getin:

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for telling my friend the truth about God?

quote:

So, I'm not religious myself, but my friend is a fully devout Christian. He will sometimes try to convert me with his ideologies, and I will try steer the conversation away from it. He can be a bit overbearing with it sometimes, like last week I got promoted and he said God did that for me which really felt like he was belittling all my hard work. I usually ignore this type of commentary but it frustrated me and he kept going on and on about how I should pray so that God will be more willing to reward me.

I finally snapped and told him the truth, something no Christian ever wants to hear: God isn't white. And that Jesus was actually an Arab. A jewish, dark skinned carpenter. He exploded on me and told me I shouldn't say God's name in vain (even though I wasn't). I kept trying to explain to him the historical context behind Jesus' ethnicity and he closed his eyes, plugged his ears and started shouting over me, it was extremely obnoxious. I got more upset and told him all his paintings of white Jesus in his home were a lie. This really pissed him off and he left immediately.

I felt awful but almost relieved that I didn't have to hear his bible thumping crap anymore. I respect people's religion but not when they shove it down my throat. Still, I don't know if I went too far. Am I the rear end in a top hat?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Lucrece posted:

AITA for telling my friend the truth about God?

Ok initially I was not on board but no, this is kind of a valid point. I’m cool with this swerve.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

teen witch posted:

Ok initially I was not on board but no, this is kind of a valid point. I’m cool with this swerve.

Im just confused how thats the avenue no christian ever wants to hear OP immediately jumped to. Black Jesus on Black Velvet holds poweful sway in my family

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I feel like the friend’s adverse reaction to it retroactively justifies the swerve. There are lots of Christians for whom “Jesus wasn’t white :smug:” would just get a reaction of “so?” or “uh, yeah, I loving know” but this friend seemed to take it extremely poorly.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Boyfriend (29m) said I (26f) smell bad, and that’s why we haven’t had sex in a long time.

Place your votes goons

1. Boyfriend sleeping with someone else
2. Boyfriend gay
3. She actually does smell

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Given how cagey she is about exactly how many times she showered in the past 4 days and said she eats clean instead of like "I use soap" I dont see how it cant be all 3

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Xik posted:

Place your votes goons

1. Boyfriend sleeping with someone else
2. Boyfriend gay
3. She actually does smell

None of these are mutually exclusive

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Barudak posted:

Reading the poly post is like trying to figure out when two trains will meet but theres a third train that just watches

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

The Bramble posted:

Boyfriend: "Wow you have a great butt”

Op: "Then why don’t you want to have sex with me?”

Boyfriend: *takes off stylish dark sunglasses* I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it.

Vim Fuego fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Oct 2, 2019

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

AITA for telling my Dad in law to stop watching TV and focus on his grandkids who are trying to please him.
u/UnknownKnight3212h
A few weeks ago, My husband and I (42M and 41F) and our 2 sons (12 and 14) went over to my husbands’ parents home for my father in law’s birthday. We all ate and had a good time for the most part but my father in law is not the most fun to be around. He never lets anyone speak and is quite rude, especially to his own grandsons. They tell me that whenever they try to talk to him about their interests, he just says to them: “ask me if I care?” There have been many instances of him being rude to them as well.

Anyways, after dinner we all sat in the living room where there is a piano and my 14 year old starts playing to please him (since it is his birthday). Right as he does this, my father in law turns on the TV on a very loud volume. My husband tells him very politely to turn it down and to listen to the kids’ playing but he refuses.

By the time my 12 year old son starts playing, I’ve had just about enough of my father in laws rudeness and tell him: “Can you please stop watching the TV? You’re grandkids are trying to play for you and all you can do is watch the TV!” Offended, he storms off out of the room. My husband says I’m being unreasonable and rude but I strongly disagree. However, my kids are strongly on my side.

AITA for this?? I mean he is a stubborn man and it was his birthday but I still don’t think it was justified.

Side note: It’s also not like my kids were playing beginner stuff. No, they were playing intricate Bach, Mozart, Chopin and other advanced repertoire.

Edit: The kids’ grandma asked them to play and that he will be pleased. She is very nice and warm woman.

The comments section is mostly redditors pulling ESH/YTA because “~entitlement~” “not everyone wants to hear your kids”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Smirking_Serpent posted:

We’ve been together for 6 years, that alone comes with its own problems, but overall we have a fairly healthy relationship.

However, in the past few months our sex life has gone in the gutter. We still have sex, but maybe once a week, if that? I haven’t necessarily addressed it, partially to avoid confrontation but also hoping maybe he would snap out of it and things would go back to normal.

I don’t want to sound conceited, but I know I am an attractive person; I work as a bartender at a bar where they only employ females based upon looks, body type etc (most of you know what type of bar/restaurant I’m referring to) so there definitely isn’t any lack of male attention on my part.

I don’t know if this matters but my boyfriend is a manager/bartender at a completely different place. We have similar jobs but don’t work together.

Anyways, earlier today I was getting ready for work and he was laying in bed playing video games (it’s his day off). I was doing my makeup in my underwear and when I turned around he said something along the lines of “wow you have a great butt” and I don’t know why but I kind of snapped and replied “then why don’t you want to have sex with me?” Okay, granted I know I shouldn’t have said it like that but I wasn’t really thinking. At first he didn’t really say anything...but then he goes “well you’re kind of smelly; when was the last time you showered, like 4 days ago? I’ve been counting.” What. The. gently caress. You guys I was shocked, my freakin heart sank and I felt like I was going to throw up. I DO NOT smell bad. Not my sex, not my freaking hair, or armpits. I don’t smoke and I eat so freaking clean. And I’ve definitely taken a shower in the past 4 days. I had just gotten out of the shower when I was getting ready for my shift. I literally have to look good for work that’s my freaking livelihood!

When he saw that it hurt my feelings, he apologized and insisted it was just a joke. But it didn’t feel like a joke. I told him he really hurt me, and I think this is a deeper issue than we are making it out to be. I told him I didn’t want to continue the conversation because I didn’t want to get worked up before my shift.

I feel like he’s making dumb excuses instead of addressing what’s really going on? I’ve always been told “if he doesn’t get it from you he’s getting it elsewhere.” I know he watches porn, who doesn’t? But to the point where it’s affecting your performance with your long term gf is a problem, right?

TLDR; boyfriend said I smell bad and that’s why we haven’t had sex all last week.

"I literally have to look good for work that’s my freaking livelihood!"

Look =/= smell

It's not like her customers get to smell her crotch or her cloth wouldn't catch most of the smell. Wouldn't be surprised if she's a case of:

Poor wiping skills
Toilet paper crumb thicket sticking to wiry rear end hair
Leaky butthole