Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Link to the Presser: https://www.c-span.org/video/?464846-1/house-speaker-nancy-pelosi-news-conference&live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

sexpig by night posted:

A) MOOT

B) I genuinely would love it if saying he doesn't want to build a james bond death trap for migrants costs him republican support

I mean, Freeper types loved these kind of stupid crazy border ideas for forever.

Covering the entire border in a 50 yard wide field of burning tires was one idea. Diseased mosquito pits. Self healing minefields. Literal ww1 style trench lines with troops and machine guns.

They had lots of real real dumb ideas for the border.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Based on how every Wall development either doesn’t work or turns against them I’d expect people at the border would have trained the alligators to attack ICE agents within a month.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

skylined! posted:

If there are any alums/students floating in this thread, sorry about your lovely swamp school

https://twitter.com/mckaycoppins/status/1179391674423922691

loving hell :negative:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Just lol that Pelosi is giving some dramatic press conference regarding their upcoming subpoena and no one gives a poo poo because it's a moot point

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Tuff Scrote posted:

So Trump has his cabinet flying around the world to discredit the Muller report in order to lift Russian sanctions. I wonder what they have on him.

Russia is encouraging him to do it to lift the sanctions but they don't necessarily have anything hugely damning on him. Putin just saw the comically large gilded lever that is Trump's insecurity and pulled it hard.

Trump is transparently the sort of person that when told "Hey you know all those people you hate? They said you wouldn't be able to do thing!" roars about how he'll show them and does it. He's a living Looney Tune character.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Holy poo poo. "Moot" has me laughing so hard right now :lol:

It is fake news. The "moot" is what he wanted for the border with Canada. Just think about it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

Uh "Bernie Sanders suspends presidential campaign due to heart surgery"
e: heard just now on MSNBC, looking for another source
e: yeah twitter is lighting up with this

https://twitter.com/JeffreyCook/status/1179405555863101449

loving hell.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
Eagerly awaiting popehat's new namechange
MootHat
SnakesAndAllegatorsHat?

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

CommieGIR posted:

:stare: Her face is just....uggghhh, that is hauntingly creepy.

It's less a smile and more like someone displaying their teeth.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Flesh Forge posted:

Uh "Bernie Sanders suspends presidential campaign due to heart surgery"
e: heard just now on MSNBC, looking for another source
e: yeah twitter is lighting up with this

https://twitter.com/JeffreyCook/status/1179405555863101449

gently caress. Well. There goes the hope for a progressive D candidate.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Tim Whatley posted:

The best part of MOOT is those letters are basically on opposite sides of the keyboard

It's not a typo

It's his attempt to spell moat

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Tayter Swift posted:

Just lol that Pelosi is giving some dramatic press conference regarding their upcoming subpoena and no one gives a poo poo because it's a moot point

nobody'll care in the end because Bernie had heart surgery

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SchrodingersCat posted:

It is fake news. The "moot" is what he wanted for the border with Canada. Just think about it.

Not sure how that'd work out in the winter :v:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I agree that Moot should be filled with alligators and snakes, it's a fitting punishment for 4chan

Pasty Doughboy
Dec 23, 2006
With red way hair. One day it will all be gone, I’ll go blind from the glare

ummel posted:

At least the student government is getting dragged in the comments.

https://twitter.com/accentspeakers/status/1179088417570918401?s=09

Apparently this is a year that the SG dropped funding for arts programs, so that's nice. I believe we ended up canceling the Richard Spencer speech a couple of years ago, so hopefully we can do the same here.

Edit-nm he ended up speaking, but his supporter who poo poo at protestor pled out in February, so have fun in the Florida penitentiary system. https://www.alligator.org/news/rich...1d079ba9df.html

I just can't get over how god damned terrible this promotional picture is. Differing lighting conditions/light coming from different sources. They are so differenty sized. Like, one of her fake pearls is as big as Jrs eye meat. Why are they on a marble slab? So many questions. She looks terrible in red, and he looks, well, terrible altogether. Who looked at this and went "Perfect"?

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I was on board with the Bernie train but man, that is depressing. Guarantee that we will see a big shift in support to Warren now because she is the next most progressive candidate and doesn’t look like she is planning to die any day now.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

theflyingorc posted:

It's not a typo

It's his attempt to spell moat

Yes, O and A

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Drain the swomp to fill the moot with alogatotrs.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Bernie will win all of our hearts, which is good since his heart is in shaky condition!

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

Countdown until Merriam-Webster announces that their Word of the Day is "moot."

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

ewiley posted:

Eagerly awaiting popehat's new namechange
MootHat
SnakesAndAllegatorsHat?

https://twitter.com/popehat/status/1179409006923788288?s=21

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Nail Rat posted:

Maybe he legit doesn't remember, I could actually buy that.

He doesn't remember what he said a few minutes prior. He's contradicted himself many times during his rambling spew of racism and idiocy.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

My guess is he doesn't actually know the word moat. Whoever paraphrased the conversation used the word.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Man, the history tablets will really be in awe at how poorly we timed being ruled by a generation that was rapidly approaching death.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

So stents aren't that serious of a surgery; you're not even put under for it. They'll run a catheter up your femoral, find it in the cath lab, and tell you what they're about to do.

He's going to have to be on blood thinners for a year.

Problem is why they had to do this, and what his symptoms were that led him in. Finding these ekg abnormalities on routine visits isn't uncommon.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Tim Whatley posted:

Yes, O and A

Yeah, it has nothing to do with where they are on the keyboard, that's my point

He didn't slip and hit the wrong key, he literally thought "I bet you spell moat with two Os"

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Divert all Bernie funds to Warren immediately

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Trump is going to walk back his “I’m not that tough” by the end of the day

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Bernie needs to chillax.

Toobly
Feb 19, 2013

Data Graham posted:

My guess is he doesn't actually know the word moat. Whoever paraphrased the conversation used the word.

I mean really it's subject to debate on what he meant

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Considering the M is capitalized, it's almost certainly a phone autocorrect. Maybe typed "mot" or something.

Why has this conference not started yet, damned Dems are running late.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wait a godamn minute Bernie isn't dropping out; he's just taking several days off from campaigning after heart surgery, right?

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Bunch of Arzy's in here

"Suspending" a campaign has no real formal definition and different campaign's use it to mean different things. Just wait a few days and see what is learned before you freak-out.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

i am harry posted:

Divert all Bernie funds to Warren immediately

Bernie tossing his backing to Warren and campaigning with her is probably our best case scenario.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

So stents aren't that serious of a surgery; you're not even put under for it. They'll run a catheter up your femoral, find it in the cath lab, and tell you what they're about to do.

Problem is why they had to do this, and what his symptoms were that led him in. Finding these ekg abnormalities on routine visits isn't uncommon.

The last STEMI I took to PCI a few weeks ago was discharged home in like 11hrs for a 2 vessel stent.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
Trump has a joint conference with the PM of Finland later this afternoon. Can't wait for him to take questions.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah, my dad just had this done to him literally last week. He sat in bed for 6 hours and then went out and ate a giant calzone in celebration

(He is in super good shape)

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

FizFashizzle posted:

Good luck spinning that to voters. All they will read is “chest pain”, “blocked artery”, and they will think “heart attack.”

Then they will remember how old he is and how old he looks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

FizFashizzle posted:

It said right there he had chest discomfort which is why he went in.

And the narrative is going to be damning either way. He's already playing from behind.