Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i think xavier’s face is just misdirection. i think it’ll end up being some function of the helmet that’s hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Xavier unfortunately has a wicked tan line from wearing the helmet all the time and is super conscious about it.

Ugenesis
May 1, 2003
The helmet is clearly to hide his beautiful mane of hair.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Was there any word of note on the Red King thing? Seems to contradict the leak from last week, though if it’s just a name change then I’m into that power move.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

My opinion on HOX #6 is that if you didn’t think Xavier’s opening monologue was the realest poo poo ever then I don’t wanna know you.

X-Men Good

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Was there any word of note on the Red King thing? Seems to contradict the leak from last week, though if it’s just a name change then I’m into that power move.

The big PoX 6 twist is that the Red King is...

Lockheed.

Or Kitty/Kate just loving with the Comicsgate assholes.

I definitely think the Xavier head is going to be the reveal next week. I think someone here had the thought many issues ago that he has a "black brain" like from the X^2 timeline. That's good. I also wonder if he's really Xorn from that period or maybe just got the black hole brain? That'd tie up with the Dominion thing...

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I don't know that there's gonna be any huge secret about the helmet, honestly. I think it might just be an art trick to hide his eyes to make it harder to empathize with him, and make him seem more sinister. Isn't that a trope they use a lot in anime?

Or maybe it's disfigured him hugely from overuse of his powers? I just don't think it's going to be much of a plot point.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah I don’t think there’s going to be anything crazy with Xavier’s face. Not showing it is creating this force detachment where you can’t really connect with him as a person and to be fair, he’s acting above all that. He’s basically willing a nation to existence and bringing mutanthood back from extinction then telling the world “loving deal with it”. His position is huge as is and doesn’t really need any additional scarring or dressing.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Grey, and Emma Frost are in a loving poly relationship and I think that’s beautiful.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Am I dense... who's the woman (?) Wolvie gives a beer to, in what looks like a kimono?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

NienNunb posted:

Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Grey, and Emma Frost are in a loving poly relationship and I think that’s beautiful.

All aboard.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

danbanana posted:

Am I dense... who's the woman (?) Wolvie gives a beer to, in what looks like a kimono?

That's the Gorgon (not the Inhuman one, the Hand/HYDRA one).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorgon_(Tomi_Shishido)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ugenesis posted:

The helmet is clearly to hide his beautiful mane of hair.

Outside of James McAvoy in the movies, has there ever been an adult version of Xavier with hair? Like, even Lex Luthor had hair for awhile when he was in a clone body pretending to be his own son.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

good day for a bris posted:

That's the Gorgon (not the Inhuman one, the Hand/HYDRA one).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorgon_(Tomi_Shishido)

In addition he is one of the 4 captains (field leaders of mutants) along with Cyclops, Magik and Bishop.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Fritzler posted:

In addition he is one of the 4 captains (field leaders of mutants) along with Cyclops, Magik and Bishop.

Ah poo poo I am dense.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

I do find it interesting that...

Wolverine goes on a mission to help save mutantkind, slaughters a bunch of enemy henchmen with his claws, and gets resurrected and lauded as a hero.

Sabretooth goes on a mission to help save mutantkind, slaughters a bunch of enemy henchmen with his claws (many fewer than Wolverine did, to boot), and gets permanent solitary confinement for eternity.

Now for sure, Sabretooth was under orders not to kill anyone and broke them, but we were never shown the circumstances of those killings so we don't know to what degree it was necessary to either complete the mission or save the life of one or more of his teammates. And yes, he's an unrepentant rear end in a top hat about the whole thing, and certainly it was unwise to threaten everyone there, but on the other hand, Apocalypse and Mister Sinister are right there! How many people, and mutants(!), have just those two killed? How about Shaw, who helped fund the Sentinels for a while?

Skwirl posted:

Outside of James McAvoy in the movies, has there ever been an adult version of Xavier with hair? Like, even Lex Luthor had hair for awhile when he was in a clone body pretending to be his own son.

Not that I recall. Even in the old Silver Age flashbacks to the Korean War or the ones where he fights the Shadow King for the first time, he's spear bald.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I really appreciate that during the council vote to "exile" Sabretooth, while most people are agonizing over the decision Sebastian Shaw's just like, "Sure, whatever, I don't care."

I'm sure there's still some more revelations to come out of HOXPOX, but I've been ready for this series to be over for a couple of weeks now. All the weird Krakoa stuff is great, but I also want some stories about the characters living on it, and the ones not living on it, and everybody elsewhere. There was a hint of that in the PoX stuff with Nimrod and the Chimeras, but they weren't really further developed past the first issue. The celebration scene in this week's issue was great, but frustrating in how that's basically one of a scant few hints of the stuff in these series so far.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I appreciate that they’re not overadvertising the ongoing series that are spinning out of this. We have a strong structure built, and the power players established. I’m excited how things grow from it. Something something fertile ground, seeds, and fruit.

I haven’t read Secret Warriors, but Wolverine vs Gorgon in Enemy of the State was enough to make me appreciate that moment.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

1. Everyone was given amnesty on coming to Krakoa
2. Sabretooth murdered after coming to Krakoa, while on a mission for Krakoa. :v:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Synthbuttrange posted:

1. Everyone was given amnesty on coming to Krakoa
2. Sabretooth murdered after coming to Krakoa, while on a mission for Krakoa. :v:

3. Profit

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nightcrawler: 'Mom, people need to start getting preggers like right now'

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Nightcrawler: 'Mom, people need to start getting preggers like right now'

Yeah, uh. Krakoa is basically a teleporting mutant Olympic village, isn't it?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I'l admit Sabretooth got a loving raw deal with people who are objectively much worse people than him sitting in judgement, but on the other hand, it's loving Sabretooth. Just because worse people are being rewarded at the moment doesn't mean he didn't deserve to get got.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

NmareBfly posted:

Yeah, uh. Krakoa is basically a teleporting mutant Olympic village, isn't it?

This isn't the first time this has been mentioned here and this latest issue made it pretty loving obvious.

Remember the time Sabertooth set strings along the road to trap Wolverine while Logan was riding his motorcycle then Saber laughed at him and flew away using a jetpack?

Sabertooth deserves this poo poo.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

that was amazing though

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I think it's funny that y'all focusing on Mr Sinister and Apocalypse being on the council when Mystique is sitting right there and is way the gently caress more evil and untrustworthy. She was on the same mission as Sabretooth when he killed some people and she was like "gently caress it, burn my teammate I trusted to protect my life."

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Apoc sulking because no one gave him a beer

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Apoc sulking because no one gave him a beer

He's annoyed at the hops compared to what they drank in Egypt circa 4000 BC.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It’s breaking my brain that so many people are hung up on hero and villain mutants coming together as one being somehow a bad thing when this is the same series where it’s revealed that the US government is openly working with The Marvel Nazis to commit mutant genocide. To me personally I see that as a more than good enough reason to shake hands with Apocalypse for the greater good.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

jng2058 posted:

I do find it interesting that...

Wolverine goes on a mission to help save mutantkind, slaughters a bunch of enemy henchmen with his claws, and gets resurrected and lauded as a hero.

Sabretooth goes on a mission to help save mutantkind, slaughters a bunch of enemy henchmen with his claws (many fewer than Wolverine did, to boot), and gets permanent solitary confinement for eternity.

Now for sure, Sabretooth was under orders not to kill anyone and broke them, but we were never shown the circumstances of those killings so we don't know to what degree it was necessary to either complete the mission or save the life of one or more of his teammates. And yes, he's an unrepentant rear end in a top hat about the whole thing, and certainly it was unwise to threaten everyone there, but on the other hand, Apocalypse and Mister Sinister are right there! How many people, and mutants(!), have just those two killed? How about Shaw, who helped fund the Sentinels for a while?
Sabretooth's mission was an espionage mission into a [probably shady] corporate data center in New York City. The goal was to get information.

Wolverine was sent to a covert death-robot-factory orbiting the sun with the goal of stopping a group of secret societies from building an army of death robots.

I know they don't show the circumstances of Sabretooth gutting the warehouse security guards, but to use a human government metaphor, there's going to be (or there really should be, I know there are disappointing real world exceptions) a big difference between the scrutiny shown when a government official tasked with investigating tax fraud killing a bunch of people versus the government official attacking a terrorist cell and killing terrorists.

I do think Hickman is intending all of this to be strange and of questionable morality moreso than 90% of other superhero comics, so you're not wrong to be questioning/interrogating all of these decisions, but honestly judging Sabretooth's killing differently than Wolverine's -- even if you find the punitive justice laid upon Sabretooth troubling -- is pretty far down on my list, personally.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 3, 2019

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its not like he’s dead, he’s just in timeout

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

the description sounds like he's going into a type of stasis, but with his awareness intact, which sounds worse than just getting killed

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

as I said, timeout.

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

NienNunb posted:

My opinion on HOX #6 is that if you didn’t think Xavier’s opening monologue was the realest poo poo ever then I don’t wanna know you.

X-Men Good

I’m with you, I think all of this is has been brilliant and so much fun. Are the xmen good guys or bad guys is too simplistic of a framework for this: there are elements of this new world that are beautiful and some that are troubling, because that’s how building any new political order works. It’s very confrontational and it’s what I’ve wanted xmen to be for so long.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Was I supposed to be reminded of the Zeon orgy sequence in Matrix Reloaded by today's issue, or is that just me?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wanderer posted:

Was I supposed to be reminded of the Zeon orgy sequence in Matrix Reloaded by today's issue, or is that just me?

I've seen a lot of people say that so I'm pretty sure it was intentional.

I am also 150% sure it was intentional that Emma Frost was flirting insanely hard with Jean.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That panel shows her looking passed Jean, presumably where Cyclops is sanding.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

That panel shows her looking passed Jean, presumably where Cyclops is sanding.

Don't care. :colbert:

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1145787247989538816?s=20

i mean....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Don't care. :colbert:

¿Porque no los dos?

NienNunb posted: