Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kalli posted:

Well, not like whomever we get could be any worse then Ghost was this year.

Ahaha you thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Docjowles posted:

wtf

He hasn't been himself this year but I didn't think he was actually dead. The Pats have only had 2 kickers through my entire adult life

They had Shayne Graham that one year Ghost was injured!

a neat cape posted:

Ahaha you thought

I think a lot of what makes a kicker successful is the coaching, which is why some teams never seem to have a problem, and some can't ever solve the problem. Also, Ghost has missed like a kick in every game, including xp's the last two weeks, so bring on I dunno.... Kai Forbath? Eh gently caress it, they can just go for two every time.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Kalli posted:

I think a lot of what makes a kicker successful is the coaching, which is why some teams never seem to have a problem, and some can't ever solve the problem. Also, Ghost has missed like a kick in every game, including xp's the last two weeks, so bring on I dunno.... Kai Forbath? Eh gently caress it, they can just go for two every time.

Patriots get better due to lack of kicker would be typical. Ugh.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens seem to be trying to overhaul their LB corps (more like corpse, am I right?) 4 games into the season. Come on down Josh Bynes and that Fort guy who I can't be bothered to google.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BrownThunder posted:

Blitz stop defending Burfict.

:agreed:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

No keep going, really pound it into all of our heads.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 51 minutes!
Ultra Carp

Kalli posted:

I think a lot of what makes a kicker successful is the coaching, which is why some teams never seem to have a problem, and some can't ever solve the problem.

Eh, I disagree. The Lions had Jason Hanson for 20+ years and he was great the whole time (To the tune of becoming the NFL's fourth highest scoring player), then we had a year and four weeks of a revolving door of terrible loving kickers, then we got Matt Prater and he's great.

imo kicking is voodoo magic, if you find a kicker that seems good you hold on tight and pray to God he doesn't turn into a pumpkin.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kalli posted:

Every Tom Brady pass looks like he's going for two already so this makes sense

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0zBnMjxDLg

I liked this video about kicking, despite the clickbaity title it's got some interesting information. The most important thing by far is where exactly your foot makes contact with the ball, and the lower you can get that without jamming your toes into the ground the better

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Anybody remember the game Bonk's Adventure?

Anyway

https://twitter.com/RobertKlemko/status/1179487895326879745

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
He clobbered Antonio Brown so Burfict can't be all bad, right?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

He clobbered Antonio Brown so Burfict can't be all bad, right?

Consider that it's Burfict's fault that Antonio is the way he is

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1179490153318014976?s=20

Drew Brees, Phillips Rivers, Alex Smith, Jason Witten and Andy Dalton are the spokepeople for this poo poo company

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1179490689895292930

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kalli posted:

Anybody remember the game Bonk's Adventure?

Anyway

https://twitter.com/RobertKlemko/status/1179487895326879745

Yes, amazingly enough

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
:laffo: did anyone see that video released today with Julian Edelman saying that Bill Belichick walks around the facility late at night with his dick and balls out? just heard about it at work and I need to hear this full story if there is one

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1179491844503171073?s=19

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

:laffo: did anyone see that video released today with Julian Edelman saying that Bill Belichick walks around the facility late at night with his dick and balls out? just heard about it at work and I need to hear this full story if there is one

Ya but we want to see Kraft's hog nobody cares about Billy B's.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Well he has to put his sixth ring somewhere.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Belicheck has earned the right to walk around with his dick and balls out in broad daylight.

Whenever there's a Patriots game on CBS, Romo should be commenting, "Bill really deserves to have his dick and balls out right now, Jim!"

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
By that standard, so has Tom Brady.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yo can someone link the new thread as the closer to the old N/V when the new one gets made?

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I mean, if their owner can...

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Anyone else tired as hell of NFL twitter posting that dumb image of Belichick staring through binoculars anytime a talented player expresses unhappiness with their current team, I get the joke, can we have a new one

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Anyone else tired as hell of NFL twitter posting that dumb image of Belichick staring through binoculars anytime a talented player expresses unhappiness with their current team, I get the joke, can we have a new one

Agreed, my suggestion is instead we should use that Take him to Detroit! Kentucky Fried Movie gif.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Ravens should jump on this if they get the chance.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Luckily they just animated the encounter, and it's SFW too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pRKz0AFh74

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
https://twitter.com/Big_Tah47/status/1179439046843609089

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Ravens should jump on this if they get the chance.

You and every other contender

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Not defending Burfict but why do some goons find it unusual or weird when players support their unpopular teammates, have you guys never been a part of a team sport or had a buddy at least

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

SHOAH NUFF posted:

dont use twitter but i am OUTRAGED on your behalf

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Android Apocalypse posted:

Luckily they just animated the encounter, and it's SFW too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pRKz0AFh74

hahahaha gently caress, I didn't know it was just "naked in the hot tub". The way it was described to me made it sound like he was wandering the locker rooms letting his nuts hang. Still a great video.

"I guess when you're the GOAT of coaching, you go wherever you want freeball" - so true, Jules. So true

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ravens should trade for flacco

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Important statistical analysis

https://twitter.com/AndyHermanNFL/status/1179509055666176001

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Not defending Burfict but why do some goons find it unusual or weird when players support their unpopular teammates, have you guys never been a part of a team sport or had a buddy at least

I find it hard to believe there's any players, at least offensive, left in the nfl who haven't played against him or don't know who he is. Maybe it's a big case of "glad he's on our side" but everyone knows the dirty players in their league even in like junior league sports certain kids had reps you heard about

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I wonder that often too and I am glad you asked it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there are a lot of professions where it's considered exemplary behavior to back the worst of the worst bottom-feeding scum as long as they share your uniform

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I just so happen to walk by the hot tub, and coach is in the hot tub. Like, obviously I came in the room to go in the hot tub. But then we made eye contact, and my natural instinct was to turn around like I was going to leave.

But then I saw that he saw that I was in there, and then he got up and got out. And real, real big party foul by coach. I mean, we’re supposed to have shorts on. We’re supposed to have shorts. But I guess at 11 o’clock when you’re the GOAT of coaching, you go wherever you want, free ball.

So I had to hide my absolute face of terror after seeing what I saw and sit in the hot tub.

I had to, like, trail him by like a foot. No less, no more. We didn’t say a word. Not one single word. We’re just walking, and I’m talking probably like a 30-yard walk.

I was sitting there and I was in so much disbelief of everything that was going on that night, that I wanted to try to potentially make some small talk with him. I don’t know where I got the confidence but I asked him, “Coach, it’s pretty amazing that you’re here this late.”

And he looked back at me, and without any hesitation goes, “It beats being a plumber. See you tomorrow.” I was mindfucked. I didn’t know what to think, what was he saying. I was terrified, happy, I may have shed a single tear.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I just so happen to walk by the hot tub, and coach is in the hot tub. Like, obviously I came in the room to go in the hot tub. But then we made eye contact, and my natural instinct was to turn around like I was going to leave.

But then I saw that he saw that I was in there, and then he got up and got out. And real, real big party foul by coach. I mean, we’re supposed to have shorts on. We’re supposed to have shorts. But I guess at 11 o’clock when you’re the GOAT of coaching, you go wherever you want, free ball.

So I had to hide my absolute face of terror after seeing what I saw and sit in the hot tub.

I had to, like, trail him by like a foot. No less, no more. We didn’t say a word. Not one single word. We’re just walking, and I’m talking probably like a 30-yard walk.

I was sitting there and I was in so much disbelief of everything that was going on that night, that I wanted to try to potentially make some small talk with him. I don’t know where I got the confidence but I asked him, “Coach, it’s pretty amazing that you’re here this late.”

And he looked back at me, and without any hesitation goes, “It beats being a plumber. See you tomorrow.” I was mindfucked. I didn’t know what to think, what was he saying. I was terrified, happy, I may have shed a single tear.

Need to work in the phrase "perfectly spherical balls" in there somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Oh god no the only game I cans how coworkers is Bengals and Steelers now sweet god why