Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Xik posted:

Place your votes goons

1. Boyfriend sleeping with someone else
2. Boyfriend gay
3. She actually does smell

I think she actually does smell. No matter how good she thinks she looks she could just be used to her own smell., and I notice nowhere does she actually say when she last showered or how often she does so. Also, some people just get BO a lot quicker and more gnarly than others.

Or maybe she has bacterial vaginosis or whatever, which can make sex a pretty harrowing experience. I've had to turn down sex because of that before, it's not a very nice experience

Pinecone Sample posted:

Hello, I'm (F26) living with my boyfriend(M26) and he's been jobless for a year now. I love him very much but I am suffering. I feel he can do more to help out, but it's been stressful times for us both.

he's not doing poo poo when you're at work, darling. just sleeping in and playing video games and then performatively studying for a minute or two right when you get home. It's not going to get better, and your enabling of him is probably not helping him either in the end. Quicker you realize all that quicker you can get the hell out

If she can't just dump him, at least set a deadline for getting a job. He can study programming and work at the same time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Letting people piggyback off your badge swipe seems like a great way to be the person they make an example of

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Play posted:

I notice nowhere does she actually say when she last showered

She said she literally just got out of the shower before getting ready for work.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

TheScott2K posted:

Letting people piggyback off your badge swipe seems like a great way to be the person they make an example of

It is, and management where piggybacking is a #1 cardinal sin absolutely loving love to make examples out of it

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Leon Einstein posted:

Does your management truly not care about you letting people in after you? I was at a place where it was common for people to do it, but if management saw it, you'd get in trouble.
Some places use card access for theatre, the goal isn't security they just want the appearance. In those places no one cares about any of it.
Some places use card access for securing restricted access, but don't care about specific access. They care if you leave the door open or if you let a stranger in, but if you're holding the door for a colleague no one cares because it's only about people allowed to be in being in.
Some places use card access for security and tracking. They want to know who was in where and when and keep track of that. Those places want each individual to use their card because the logging is part of the security, not just making sure everyone in is allowed in.

Then you have uptight or lax bosses/security who can make it seem like it's in a different category because no one cares about why rules are in place, just whether they think they should be followed or not.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MrQwerty posted:

It is, and management where piggybacking is a #1 cardinal sin absolutely loving love to make examples out of it

Which is kind if funny because if they do care this guy is going to get in huge trouble as well I recognized him absolutely will not fly

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Some places use card access for theatre, the goal isn't security they just want the appearance. In those places no one cares about any of it.
Some places use card access for securing restricted access, but don't care about specific access. They care if you leave the door open or if you let a stranger in, but if you're holding the door for a colleague no one cares because it's only about people allowed to be in being in.
Some places use card access for security and tracking. They want to know who was in where and when and keep track of that. Those places want each individual to use their card because the logging is part of the security, not just making sure everyone in is allowed in.

Then you have uptight or lax bosses/security who can make it seem like it's in a different category because no one cares about why rules are in place, just whether they think they should be followed or not.

:captainpop:

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Anne Whateley posted:

I think it partly depends on recognize vs. know, and on how strict your security is. Like if I've been out to lunch with a colleague, I'll hold the door coming in with them (so they end up not carding in) and nobody cares. If my workplace were top secret, I'm guessing that wouldn't be allowed.

Yes absolutely. If you believe his posts, he's not doing that (again depending on recognize vs. know, but at least applying it consistently)

His posts don't mention ever letting in black colleagues. Letting in the occasional latinx or asian person is irrelevant to whether he's racist against black people, because POCs aren't all one big monolith. Lots of NBPOCs are themselves racist against black people. America truly set the world standard there. Antiblack racism is as popular as blue jeans and diet coke.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Leon Einstein posted:

She said she literally just got out of the shower before getting ready for work.

She doesn't say how often she showers. Just that she's showered within the past 4 days, in fact she had just showered, but presumably boyfriend was referring to how she smells generally, not right at that moment.

But the bacterial vaginosis seems likely to me because that wouldn't be really affected by a shower. Some girls don't seem to be aware of how strong that smell is, she does claim that her vagina specifically smells fine but obviously something is going on. Seems like it would be a smart idea to promise not to get upset and ask boyfriend straight up what smell he is referring to

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

extremely online posted:

America truly set the world standard there. Antiblack racism is as popular as blue jeans and diet coke.

*Civilization 5 Culture Victory*

Our people are now buying your blue jeans, listening to your pop music, and hating your blacks. I worry the rest of the world will also succumb to the influence of your culture.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

extremely online posted:

His posts don't mention ever letting in black colleagues. Letting in the occasional latinx or asian person is irrelevant to whether he's racist against black people, because POCs aren't all one big monolith. Lots of NBPOCs are themselves racist against black people. America truly set the world standard there. Antiblack racism is as popular as blue jeans and diet coke.
Yeah agreed. I read that as that situation hadn't come up yet (i.e., that a black coworker hadn't happened to follow him in). If he's lying and it did happen and he said no when he wouldn't have said no to someone else he knew equally, obviously that's racist and gently caress that guy.

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Yeah this is where my company is, in practice. If you're in the company, nobody cares about which specific floor you're on. If you're not in the company, that's a big problem. I think an animal lab would be at least on this level, if not the step up.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

CharlestheHammer posted:

The fact goons sympathize more with the Manlet than the mother shouldn’t surprise me but it does. Goons suck sometimes

you seem unpleasantly gleeful to adopt alt-right terminology when it suits you

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

extremely online posted:

America truly set the world standard there. Antiblack racism is as popular as blue jeans and diet coke.

What's really rough is to be in the room when black Africans go in on black US people. But its definitely a thing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Wait never mind that was obvious bait

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

CharlestheHammer posted:

I have literally never heard them use that term before, because they don’t

okay, that's sort of amazing to me, but i will accept that you've never seen them throwing this word around. what do you think it means and why do you think using it doesn't just perpetuate old fashioned and toxic views about 'real men' vs the rest.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA if I confronted my boyfriend for tipping a waiter $60 instead of spending the money on me?

I’m kind of convinced that I’m overreacting and am in fact TA but I want other opinions first. Also, I’m tired so I’m going to make this as clear and concise as I can.

My Bf (20M) and I (18F) have been dating for going on a year now. We started out as FWB but then we both developed feelings. In the beginning stage of our relationship he would constantly take me out to dinner and buy me random things he found and thought that I would like (nothing ever expensive just a cute stuffed animal or figurine that he saw for example). At the same point in this relationship I would reciprocate these actions. I would bring him food to work when I went into visit him, I would buy him random presents and would surprise him with random dinners just so he knew that I cared about him.

Fast forward a couple months and he’s still doing everything listed above just less frequently. He developed financial struggles and eventually quit his job and was unemployed for about a month. During this time he completely stopped spending any money on me and it was entirely me spending money when we went out or did something together. This didn’t bother me at all as I understood it was only a temporary situation and I loved him.

He got his job back about three months ago making decent money (we make about the same amount) and I have recently moved about an hour and a half away to go to college so we only see each other every two weeks.

The problem for me comes in because I am the only one making an effort to drive the hour and a half to either visit home for the weekend or take him up to my dorm. This costs quite a lot in gas. After I make the drive I am the only one who spends money on dates or anything we decide to do when we hang out and he frequently asks me if I can buy him food. His excuse for this is that we always hang out right before he gets paid (he gets paid on Monday and we always hang out the weekend before due to work schedules) and at that point all of the money from his paycheck is gone. He never makes any effort to save money even though he knows this is going to happen every time we see each other.

Today, he called me and told me that he went out with friends and tipped a waiter $60 because it was “the best service he had ever received.” I have not said that this hurt me or anything regarding the situation at all because I don’t know if I’m being an rear end. WIBTA if I did confront him for this?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Smirking_Serpent posted:

WIBTA if I confronted my boyfriend for tipping a waiter $60 instead of spending the money on me?

Seems like she recognized when they upgraded from FWB to relationship, but not when they downgraded back.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Some good ones this week, especially Q6(except for Q2; that one is depressing)

https://twitter.com/SixBrownChicks/status/1179439946979069953

https://twitter.com/SixBrownChicks/status/1179439950409932801

https://twitter.com/SixBrownChicks/status/1179439952570077184

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I’m kind of convinced that I’m overreacting and am in fact TA but I want other opinions first. Also, I’m tired so I’m going to make this as clear and concise as I can.

My Bf (20M) and I (18F) have been dating for going on a year now. We started out as FWB but then we both developed feelings. In the beginning stage of our relationship he would constantly take me out to dinner and buy me random things he found and thought that I would like (nothing ever expensive just a cute stuffed animal or figurine that he saw for example). At the same point in this relationship I would reciprocate these actions. I would bring him food to work when I went into visit him, I would buy him random presents and would surprise him with random dinners just so he knew that I cared about him.

Fast forward a couple months and he’s still doing everything listed above just less frequently. He developed financial struggles and eventually quit his job and was unemployed for about a month. During this time he completely stopped spending any money on me and it was entirely me spending money when we went out or did something together. This didn’t bother me at all as I understood it was only a temporary situation and I loved him.

He got his job back about three months ago making decent money (we make about the same amount) and I have recently moved about an hour and a half away to go to college so we only see each other every two weeks.

The problem for me comes in because I am the only one making an effort to drive the hour and a half to either visit home for the weekend or take him up to my dorm. This costs quite a lot in gas. After I make the drive I am the only one who spends money on dates or anything we decide to do when we hang out and he frequently asks me if I can buy him food. His excuse for this is that we always hang out right before he gets paid (he gets paid on Monday and we always hang out the weekend before due to work schedules) and at that point all of the money from his paycheck is gone. He never makes any effort to save money even though he knows this is going to happen every time we see each other.

Today, he called me and told me that he went out with friends and tipped a waiter $60 because it was “the best service he had ever received.” I have not said that this hurt me or anything regarding the situation at all because I don’t know if I’m being an rear end. WIBTA if I did confront him for this?

I'd charge 50 cents per mile, that's $90 round trip every weekend. She's got a point.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for letting not waking up my roommate and letting him miss 2 college exams?

I live in the dorms with a roommate. We get along most of the time except for when it comes to night time. He’ll stay up all night playing the game and being loud. He wakes me up multiple times during the night and doesn’t care about it. I’ve talked to him about it but he just keeps staying up late and making noise. He usually sleeps really early and the morning and sleeps through his alarms. His classes are before mine so I usually wake him up. Last night he especially pissed me off because he kept the light on at like 2:00 am because he waited until the last minute to study for his exams that were today. He refused to go to the lobby because “the room is his too”. He ended up sleeping late again but this time I didn’t wake him up and I just left for class. I came back to the room and he looked like he was about to cry and told me that he failed 2 exams for 2 of his core classes because he didn’t show up. He got mad at me for not waking him up and I told him I’m not his loving personal alarm clock.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

zakharov posted:

It came from Ask a Manager, and will leave you cheering by the end.

https://www.askamanager.org/2019/10..._medium=twitter

Thats a beautiful story. I also like the list of other stories that was linked in that post

quote:

1. “One guy quit, and left up an out-of-office message with stupid quotes from all of his bosses and seniors over the year – attributed to them by name. Because our IT is so notoriously bad, it took well over a week from them to fully disable his account so that the out-of-office stopped being sent.”

2. “The summer after my first year of college, I worked at a call center doing cold-call sales. One of my coworkers ripped off his headset one day, screamed ‘I QUIT THIS PLACE SUCKS’ and stalked out. He got in his ancient Nissan minitruck, put it in gear, and attempted to drive over the landscaping between his parking spot and the driveway. He bottomed out trying to drive over a bush, got stuck, and ended up having to come back in and ask for help pushing his car off the landscaping from the coworkers he’d just staged his great exit from, his face a particularly remarkable shade of vermilion.”

3. “Ohhhh, I worked one of those jobs when I was in college. I was studying Philosophy, but nothing gave me more appreciation for Marx than working at the survey call center. I stuck it out for six months while I finished my degree and got a better job, but lots of people didn’t.
One day a girl next to me just left. I wasn’t paying much attention, but she left her jacket and everything so I figured she’d gone to the bathroom. Twenty minutes later a manager came up, looked around and left a nasty note on her keyboard. Another twenty minutes later he asked me if I knew where she’d gone. We looked at her stuff and it looked like she had left her jacket and just her purse – like, none of the stuff in it, she’d taken her wallet and phone. And left the other stuff as a ruse to give herself a good headstart on us, I guess?”

4. “I worked in high school at a mismanaged grocery chain that is now out of business. I was a cashier but they had a 16-year-old girl working behind the fish counter (which was illegal) and who was not being paid properly for the work she was doing (because she wasn’t supposed to be doing it!).

On Sunday, the beginning of the pay period, she clocked in, wrote ‘I QUIT’ in cod, haddock, and tilapia filets in the seafood counter, and clocked out. She framed a photo of her masterwork and her last paycheck for $2 and hung it in her bedroom.”

5. “I’ve been a member of an online message board for several years. About 10 years ago or so, one of the other board members announced he was going to quit his job at a grocery store and asked for suggestions on how he should leave. Not expecting him to take me up on my suggestion, I recommended that he have a little parade, driving one of the motorized shopping carts down the frozen foods aisle, with lit sparklers attached to the front and a boombox on the back playing something jubilant (‘We Are The Champions’ or some such). As it turns out, he took me up on the suggestion, had someone record the whole thing, and we got to watch a very happy ex-employee escort himself out at about 1.5mph past the Hungry Man dinners.”

6. “A colleague’s good friend had been wooed up by my company for a good 6 months. He was utterly qualified in ways we needed, a very nice guy, the perfect employee. Alluring phone calls, escalating propositions, nice dim sum lunches, they went all out. Finally, he accepted, and a starting date was set.
We had flextime at that company, meaning every waking hour was spent there but you could pretty much choose when to be awake. Alas, that particular week a couple of us (I’m one of the guilty parties) had particularly gnarly personal things to deal with before getting to work, and consistently didn’t make it in before 11-12. And equally alas, we were on the West Coast in financial services, so we already started the day ‘late’ by market standards, and to add to this the CEO was a fanatical morning person. Normally he left us to it, but this specific week he was in a bad mood, and got riled up by our seeming slackness (partly caused by staying at work way past his bedtime, but that’s another story).

So he did what Alison repeatedly warns you not to: instead of dragging the culprits into his office and giving them the personal drubbing he thought they deserved, he wrote a memo to everyone. So on his second day that Second Coming Guy meandered in to work, at a reasonable 10ish, and he found a memo on his chair saying something like ‘I’d like to remind y’all that technically your working hours are 8-5, and that you really should be here as close to that as possible blah blah blah.’ He raised his elegant eyebrows, said in a not overly loud but very clear tone of voice, ‘Oh, I can’t deal with that,’ delicately put the memo back on the chair, and walked out, never to be seen again.
Nobody was ever reprimanded for their hours again at that place, not even a hint.”

7. “When I was a supervisor at a well-known retailer, an employee in the garden center was reprimanded for something or other. He became so incensed that he went to the corner of the garden area, dropped his drawers, and pooped on a pallet. Then he quit.”

https://www.askamanager.org/2017/10/resigning-via-cod-a-glorious-out-of-office-message-and-other-quitting-stories.html

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

*mortal kombat voice* “INSTANT KARMA”

E. This was in response to the lovely roommate who missed his final exams post)

E2. You son of a bitch

Brother Tadger fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Oct 2, 2019

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

1redflag posted:

*mortal mom at voice* “INSTANT KARMA”

A Mortal Mom At voice does sound terrifying.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for letting not waking up my roommate and letting him miss 2 college exams?

I live in the dorms with a roommate. We get along most of the time except for when it comes to night time. He’ll stay up all night playing the game and being loud. He wakes me up multiple times during the night and doesn’t care about it. I’ve talked to him about it but he just keeps staying up late and making noise. He usually sleeps really early and the morning and sleeps through his alarms. His classes are before mine so I usually wake him up. Last night he especially pissed me off because he kept the light on at like 2:00 am because he waited until the last minute to study for his exams that were today. He refused to go to the lobby because “the room is his too”. He ended up sleeping late again but this time I didn’t wake him up and I just left for class. I came back to the room and he looked like he was about to cry and told me that he failed 2 exams for 2 of his core classes because he didn’t show up. He got mad at me for not waking him up and I told him I’m not his loving personal alarm clock.

Guy needs to wear a sleep mask and his roommate needs to set an alarm

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Ooh, the dorm roommate story pisses me off. One of my college roommates would always start doing his homework at midnight until 4 am, and he always did it in our dorm room with the lights at full blast. I'm a light sleeper, so i didnt get much sleep each night. No matter how many times i told him to go to another room, he would never listen and keep doing his work late at night.

gently caress the roommate in this story

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Grocery stores are run by the most incompetent fuckers. I remember working at one when I was 17. There were two younger guys there with me who were pretty cool, and we got along. When I learned they were 15 I asked them how they even got the job in the first place, since you had to be 16 to be employed in my state.

They told me that they had asked the store manager exactly that and he assured them it wasn't an issue. Then, four weeks into their employment, they were both let go because they were 15.

DemoneeHo posted:

and consistently didn’t make it in before 11-12. And equally alas, we were on the West Coast in financial services, so we already started the day ‘late’ by market standards

To put this in perspective, the market closes at one on the West Coast. If a client wants to make a trade that day you're cutting it pretty close unless you're placing the trades yourself. I suspect these guys aren't doing much market related stuff though.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

DemoneeHo posted:

Thats a beautiful story. I also like the list of other stories that was linked in that post

https://www.askamanager.org/2017/10/resigning-via-cod-a-glorious-out-of-office-message-and-other-quitting-stories.html

Excellent

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA if I uninvite my brother to my wedding?

I'm getting married this December and my fiancee and I are very excited, at least we were until my family just had to be difficult at every turn.

When we first started the planning I had asked my younger brother (17) to be my best man. We had been having some trouble with him wanting to follow the dress code for the wedding. He wanted to wear his bright red Jordans with the rest of his wedding attire. My fiancee obviously had an issue with this. It started to get out of hand when I got adamant that he not where those shoes because he would stick out and wouldn't match any of the wedding colors. He refused to change his mind and my Mom told us to let him wear the shoes because "they look cool". My Mom has always treated him like they baby since he is the youngest of three, it has really turned him into a lazy spoiled brat.

Yesterday we told him the rest of the groomsmen attire, a grey sweater, white button up, and navy slacks. He flat out refused to wear it. Somehow he got it in his head that he was going to wear an all black suit with a bright red tie. Our wedding is right after Christmas in a church, it is not a funeral. My finance was furious because he absolutely refused to change his mind saying "its not a big deal" and "it doesn't matter what I wear". I tired to explain he would look ridiculous standing next to the rest of the wedding part and that he only needs to wear it for one evening. When I ask his reasoning for not wanting to wear the clothes you simply says that he doesn't like them. So I told him if he can't follow the dress code then he can't be my best man or apart the wedding party. I asked if he would rather help my fiance's two-year-old daughter be a flower girl. All he would have to do is help her walk down the aisle and he would have a lot more freedom to choose what he wears, but he can't wear an all black suit. He still refused and insisted on wearing what he wants, so I told him if that's his choice he will not be a part of the wedding party and will not be in any pictures.

This whole situation has put my fiancee over the edge, because if he's being this stubborn on clothing chances are he's going to be just as stubborn everywhere else. My fiance's family holds no punches and always speak their mind for better or worse. They will point out the flaws in my mom's parenting and how horrible my brother is and will cause drama and fighting. My fiance feels afraid of her wedding and said she can no longer feel excited for it because she has to tip toe around my family. It got to the point she considered canceling or postponing the wedding.

This was the final straw for me, I am fed up with my family. I'm done with my my spoiled brother, done with my mom always defending him, and done with them causing my soon to be wife any more unneeded stress. WIBTA if I uninvited my brother if he cannot guarantee he will be on his best behavior and not step out of line.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA if I don't accompany my husband to his second tattoo session because of my own jealousy?

I am awake in the middle of the night wrestling with a lot of feelings and feel like poo poo, so if my suspicions are true and I'm an rear end in a top hat please tell me.

My husband and I drove 4 hours away to a very talented tattoo artist, are paying a poo poo ton of money for him to be tattooed here and it is his first tattoo. It will be a sleeve, this trip is two days worth and only the first of several similar sessions.

I don't really want to go with him to sit in the shop for 9 hours (again) watching him get ink on a level I would love to have but can't because we wouldn't be able to afford it. I feel like never showing my own tattoos ever again because by comparison mine look like poo poo. I used to adore my tattoos and thought they were awesome but they're boring plain cartoon characters done in a more american traditional style with bold color and defined outlines. This artist is a cartoon realism style and looks loving amazing. I have had mine for years and was proud, now I'm ashamed to show them.

I feel jealous and regretful and feel lovely for feeling that way. He sat for 9 hours without any issue and he said it didn't even hurt much. To be fair this artist does not do lines in his work which I found color/shading way more tolerable but I feel kind of irritated he had such little pain and I was internally screaming having some of mine done. Like not only does he have amazing art but it didn't even hurt.

I haven't said anything at all about how I feel because I want him to enjoy it and have fun and love his new ink. I don't want to ruin his whole experience over my emotional ineptitude. I know I will process the emotion and get over it... Yet I kind of just want to stay at the hotel or go do my own thing for the next day to lessen the amount of resentment I'm feeling right now. Would that be an rear end in a top hat move? Or should I stfu and just stew in my emotions at the appointment.

EDIT: I realized I said I didn't talk to him at all, which isn't entirely accurate. I did tell him I felt jealous and how I felt my own art looks lovely compared to his. He just said my tattoos weren't bad. This was on the ride back to the hotel. He fell asleep pretty much immediately after we got to our hotel room and has been out since. That was the extent of it. I haven't discussed it further.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA if I don't accompany my husband to his second tattoo session because of my own jealousy?

Boredom would make a lot more sense than jealousy. 9 hours? No thanks

The fact that a tattoo spurs on this level of bad feelings is really bizarre

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I am awake in the middle of the night wrestling with a lot of feelings and feel like poo poo, so if my suspicions are true and I'm an rear end in a top hat please tell me.

My husband and I drove 4 hours away to a very talented tattoo artist, are paying a poo poo ton of money for him to be tattooed here and it is his first tattoo. It will be a sleeve, this trip is two days worth and only the first of several similar sessions.

I don't really want to go with him to sit in the shop for 9 hours (again) watching him get ink on a level I would love to have but can't because we wouldn't be able to afford it. I feel like never showing my own tattoos ever again because by comparison mine look like poo poo. I used to adore my tattoos and thought they were awesome but they're boring plain cartoon characters done in a more american traditional style with bold color and defined outlines. This artist is a cartoon realism style and looks loving amazing. I have had mine for years and was proud, now I'm ashamed to show them.

I feel jealous and regretful and feel lovely for feeling that way. He sat for 9 hours without any issue and he said it didn't even hurt much. To be fair this artist does not do lines in his work which I found color/shading way more tolerable but I feel kind of irritated he had such little pain and I was internally screaming having some of mine done. Like not only does he have amazing art but it didn't even hurt.

I haven't said anything at all about how I feel because I want him to enjoy it and have fun and love his new ink. I don't want to ruin his whole experience over my emotional ineptitude. I know I will process the emotion and get over it... Yet I kind of just want to stay at the hotel or go do my own thing for the next day to lessen the amount of resentment I'm feeling right now. Would that be an rear end in a top hat move? Or should I stfu and just stew in my emotions at the appointment.

EDIT: I realized I said I didn't talk to him at all, which isn't entirely accurate. I did tell him I felt jealous and how I felt my own art looks lovely compared to his. He just said my tattoos weren't bad. This was on the ride back to the hotel. He fell asleep pretty much immediately after we got to our hotel room and has been out since. That was the extent of it. I haven't discussed it further.

They are married, yes? How come hubby can afford top tier tatts but wifey can't have the same because they can't afford it? Seems a bit mean.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Her tattoos are probably terrible and she's only now coming to terms with that.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Leon Einstein posted:

Her tattoos are probably terrible and she's only now coming to terms with that.

wear them with pride, I say. sometimes a tattoo is so bad it's good

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Play posted:

wear them with pride, I say. sometimes a tattoo is so bad it's good

Where does the elephant fetus fall here

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

A grey rear end sweater with Navy slacks sounds horrible, I'm siding with the younger brother on this alone but if he thinks the kid is (& remember he is still a kid, no duh he wants to wear his coolest shoes) lazy and spoiled why did he pick him to be his best man?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Mister Olympus posted:

Where does the elephant fetus fall here

key word sometimes

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Koalas March posted:

A grey rear end sweater with Navy slacks sounds horrible, I'm siding with the younger brother on this alone but if he thinks the kid is (& remember he is still a kid, no duh he wants to wear his coolest shoes) lazy and spoiled why did he pick him to be his best man?

Matching the bridal party is like Expectation 1 in being in said bridal party. You are not the focus of the proceedings. Nobody's there to give a poo poo about your expensive red sneakers. Stand still, be quiet, and hand over the ring, rear end in a top hat.

If he's such a preening asswipe that he thinks he's entitled to upstage his brother's bride at the altar, then gently caress him.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Kid wants to go black suit, red tie, red Jordan's? Dude is gonna look fly as hell. Older sibling is jealous.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Resting Lich Face posted:

Kid wants to go black suit, red tie, red Jordan's? Dude is gonna look fly as hell. Older sibling is jealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
lmao what kind of loving wedding party outfit is a sweater over a buttonup and slacks, is the theme “middle management”