Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

This is my reading too. She's probably not just not thinking the entire comparison through; it sounds more insensitive than malicious. It's an odd comparison for sure but I don't think we ever had Hillary pegged as entirely sensitive and compassionate anyway.

It reads as 'old lady tries and fails to be woke'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Sorta burying the lede in that tweet

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1179497283374780418?s=21

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Marco Rubio and Rick Scott are going after "Offensive Museum Art"

https://www.cltampa.com/news-views/...dzxt7NxSAZ-RkOI

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Hey! That's a half-truth! :arghfist:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

brave patriot fired for telling the truth

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

CommieGIR posted:

Ah yes, destroying degenerate art, that could only be a symptom of a healthy democracy

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

eke out posted:

seriously can we make this a thread rule (except when it's useful to post the Examiner as illustration of whatever far-right talking point they're doing today)

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Acceptable topics for the US Pol Thread:
US Presidential Primaries
Rising political violence
Vaping
The Civil War that Republicans are calling for
Articles about US Pol that are from news sources we don't like
Food

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

brave patriot fired for telling the truth

Molochites Democrats nationwide rejoice

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

CommieGIR posted:

Saltwater is literally bubbling up out of storm drains in Miami, the President is facing the very real possibility of impeachment, and this is what they choose to focus their time and efforts on?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
I personally keep meaning to go to the weekly Moloch worship session but I'm just so busy. Look, I made it to the Feast of Blood this year, isn't that enough?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Dammerung posted:

Saltwater is literally bubbling up out of storm drains in Miami, the President is facing the very real possibility of impeachment, and this is what they choose to focus their time and efforts on?

Pisschrist is real

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CommieGIR posted:

Pft, triggered snowflakes getting all up in arms over piss christ or whatever.

ThanosWasRight
May 12, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

4D Chess, this is actually good because we can use it to identify who to pay reparations to after this nazi administration.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

They aren't buying it

https://mobile.twitter.com/MeetThePress/status/1179512800823119873

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Oh he was the one that did that. Saw somebody post that but scrolled past it as I figured it was a fox guest not host.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

When did the thread title become a description of a Tesla? :confused:

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

fool_of_sound posted:

That's also fair.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Angry_Ed posted:

Pft, triggered snowflakes getting all up in arms over piss christ or whatever.

The truth is funnier, it's the iconic Che portrait.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

The stupidest country on earth

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1179510889709477891?s=20

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

fool_of_sound posted:

Pretty much, but I like that even this many years after 2016 people are still willing to carry water for conservative rags if they are saying bad things about Hillary.

It was more of a thing in during the election.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

sexpig by night posted:

it's not near the loving same especially with context?

The context makes it weirder!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1179515040040411137

Feels like Pence's people trying to get ahead of the bad news about his involvement

quote:

Trump instructed Pence not to attend the inauguration of Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in May — an event White House officials had pushed to put on the vice president’s calendar — at a time when Ukraine’s new leader was seeking recognition and support from Washington, the officials said.

Months later, the president used Pence to tell Zelensky that U.S. aid was still being withheld while demanding more aggressive action on corruption, officials said. At that time — following Trump’s July 25 phone call with Zelenksy — the Ukrainians probably understood action on corruption to include the investigation of former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden.

Officials close to Pence insist that he was unaware of Trump’s efforts to press Zelensky for damaging information about Biden and his son, who had served on the board of an obscure Ukrainian gas company, when his father was overseeing U.S. policy on Ukraine.

Pence’s activities occurred amid several indications of the president’s hidden agenda. Among them were the abrupt removal of the U.S. ambassador to Kiev; the visible efforts by the president’s lawyer, Rudolph W. Giuliani, to insert himself in the U.S.-Ukraine relationship; as well as alarms being raised inside the White House even before the emergence of an extraordinary whistleblower complaint about Trump’s conduct.

Perhaps most significantly, one of Pence’s top advisers was on the July 25 call and the vice president should have had access to the transcript within hours, officials said.

quote:

Officials close to Pence contend that he traveled to Warsaw for a meeting with Zelensky on Sept. 1 probably without having read — or at least fully registered — the transcript of Trump’s July 25 call with the leader of Ukraine.

White House officials said that Pence likely would have received the detailed notes of the president’s call in his briefing book on July 26.The five-page document also should have been part of the briefing materials he took with him to Warsaw to prepare for the meeting, according to the officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal matters.

But officials said Pence and his staff weren’t aware that the call had provoked alarm inside the White House — even though his national security adviser, retired Lt. Gen. Keith Kellogg, had been monitoring it. It’s also not clear whether Pence failed to read the White House account of the call in his briefing book or read it and found it unremarkable.

A Pence aide disputed the notion that the vice president was poorly prepared for his meeting with Zelensky, and pointed to the eventual outcome — that the Trump administration ultimately released the aid — as a sign of a productive meeting. The White House Counsel’s Office did not alert the vice president’s office to the existence of the whistleblower complaint until the day before it became public, the aide added.

In his meeting with Zelensky, Pence conveyed the news that hundreds of millions of dollars in U.S. aid to Ukraine was not going to be released amid concerns about the country’s lagging efforts to combat corruption. He also emphasized Trump’s frustration that he thought the European Union was not doing a sufficient job in helping to provide aid. A participant in the meeting said Zelensky was “crestfallen” by the news, though a second participant described the meeting as “cordial” and Zelensky as understanding of U.S. concerns.

But yeah, totally unaware of all of the gambling happening in this establishment

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 2, 2019

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

“Mike, I need you to help me put the pressure on them. To do what? You don’t need to know, that would violate the compartmentalization of risKSHSHCNSAHDFGNOCOLLUSION”

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1179515040040411137

Feels like Pence's people trying to get ahead of the bad news about his involvement

But yeah, totally unaware of all of the gambling happening in this establishment

Lmao how often do we get the Vice President issuing a denial of the President’s statement

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

oh my god I would never loving follow Chris Cillizza but I'm glad Jordan does and can share this poo poo:

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1179510543041929217

(gently caress Chris Cillizza)

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1179503777080061952

Nah, I'll change the channel thank you very much

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

"without having read — or at least fully registered"

lol

we think he didn't read it

but if he did read it he was too dumb to understand it

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019
Hi, I am a trans woman and I’ve been lurking this thread for a long-rear end time and I just want to say that even though the examiner does undeniably suck, you do not need to defend the rich old lady who said that it’s gutsy to love a trans child.

okay thanks, good talk

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tayter Swift posted:

Caffeine this late in the day is not good for your sleeping habits :ohdear:

*glances nervously at massive pile of empty monster energy drink cans around my computer desk*

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

What the actual gently caress? :psyduck:

Should have noticed it was the shitrag the Examiner

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Oct 3, 2019

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Visual Basic Bitch posted:

Hi, I am a trans woman and I’ve been lurking this thread for a long-rear end time and I just want to say that even though the examiner does undeniably suck, you do not need to defend the rich old lady who said that it’s gutsy to love a trans child.

okay thanks, good talk

Hey it's every individual's choice whether or not to love their kids, also it was in the bad newspaper so it's bad and Hillary... good?

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Hey it's every individual's choice whether or not to love their kids, also it was in the bad newspaper so it's bad and Hillary... good?

Calling out a bad publication for weaponizing indignation by misreprenting a lovely statement into a monstrous one does not absolve the lovely statement maker. Everyone can suck, it's ok

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Aramis posted:

Calling out a bad publication for weaponizing indignation by misreprenting a lovely statement into a monstrous one does not absolve the lovely statement maker. Everyone can suck, it's ok

Someone called for a thread ban lol

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

To be absolutely fair I don’t think it’s clear she was giving advice about whether or not to love their own child. Actually it’s not clear what exactly she was giving advice about at all in that quote.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

What the gently caress does this even mean?

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!
So what was the IG meeting about exactly? Was it just to drop off Rudy's TheSwampJawSuit.txt ?

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What the gently caress does this even mean?

It means they will question the whistle-blower's political leanings when they out them - something they have already done and something the inspector general stated was a point to be taken in consideration on whether to act on the complaint.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

This remake of Batman '66 is really boring.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Someone called for a thread ban lol

people semi-regularly post the examiner as if it's news and their facade of legitimacy tricks casual readers into thinking it's not a far-right site only slightly better than breitbart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Antioch posted:

This thread moves too fast even for my lovely low effort paint.net job :(

this is completely appropriate for this lazy third-rate troupe of bozos in the trump administration (not calling you a third rate bozo—you get it)