Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

DrBouvenstein posted:

True.

Isn't the main flavoring agent, like, butyric acid, or something? The same poo poo in the stink bombs those Whale Wars people threw at the whaling boats?
butyric acid is the main scent component in vomit also.

mmm mmm hersheys

new page tax

Elizabethan Error has a new favorite as of 00:23 on Oct 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
moist and glistening

The Creature
Nov 23, 2014

Iron Crowned posted:

Americans love to cut corners. Mr. Hershey figured out he could cut corners making milk chocolate by using spoiled milk, and Hershey's Chocolate was born!

Hershey tried to go to Europe and learn how to make proper chocolate, but no one would teach him. He came back here and just experimented. He used butyric acid to preserve the milk he bought in bulk for his research. He gave samples to friends, and they loved it. It is said he never intended to keep the recipe with butyric acid, but the demand for the vomit bars kept growing. That is how it supposedly came to be.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

e;

http://www.janineantoni.net/gnaw

MariusLecter has a new favorite as of 08:18 on Oct 2, 2019

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Soooo are guests allowed to gnaw off a bit if they want?

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Randaconda posted:

I had a kid show up one time who must have been at least 16. Fucker had a grown man's mustache.

The last time I went trick or treating, I was 14 (with a group all in full costume) and I went to The Friendly Giant’s house. He gave out full size Snickers RIP.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Elizabethan Error posted:

butyric acid is the main scent component in vomit also.
And in butter.
This thing is in other thing is food babe level stuff. You wouldn't drink vanilla extract or put pepper spray right in your mouth either.

I was never a huge fan of Hershey's, but I like it in some contexts. It is cheap but OK.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Let's not pretend there's not some likely well-earned anti-American hate in the vitriol leveled against Hershey's.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

you post the giant cube of chocolate but not the giant cube of lard that she also gnawed into?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Wasabi the J posted:

Let's not pretend there's not some likely well-earned anti-American hate in the vitriol leveled against Hershey's.

I hate it for it's flavour and your freedoms :mad:

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Wasabi the J posted:

Yeah, but the whole topic has been chewed over more than once.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Not wanting to eat a giant corporation's vomit is un-american

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

bloom posted:

Not wanting to eat a giant corporation's vomit is un-american

The inverse is also true.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Synthbuttrange posted:

you post the giant cube of chocolate but not the giant cube of lard that she also gnawed into?

quote:

Gnaw comprises two 600-pound cubes – one of chocolate, the other of lard – and a three-paneled, mirrored cosmetic display case. Using her mouth as a tool, Antoni nibbled the corners of both cubes, leaving visible teeth marks in the material. The chocolate fragments, blended with spit, were melted down as cast into 27 heart-shaped packages for chocolates, while the lard residue was combined with wax and bright red pigment to create 135 tubes of lipstick.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Hershey's Chocolate is garbage for garbage people and belongs in the trash.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Synthbuttrange posted:

Excuse me for staying on topic.

Iron Crowned posted:

Hershey's Chocolate is garbage for garbage people and belongs in the trashgarbage.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i like Hershey's :negative:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"The Big Beef" consisting of "2 layers of rare beef, gravy mayonnaise, a cheese sauce and a juicy Yorkshire pudding in the middle"

...maybe

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
why is the bread so dry?

quote:

why is it so wet?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
You ever just drink the green bean water?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

LifeSunDeath posted:

I've had a sip here and there

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSunDeath posted:

only corn water

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Some of these might be okay, but that key lime one, yikes.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Jager and root beer is actually good, in fact dropping a shot of Jager into a cheap beer kinda tastes like root beer too

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Captain Morgan + Mountain Dew makes a pretty good cream soda knockoff. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and I'd say that could be a passable float.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

It took awhile for me to be able to eat mushrooms and I think this picture just undid years of progress

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I used to work at a bar, and I would make something I liked to call "Jagershakes" for friends. Partly because of the name, and partly because it's fun to see someone's eyes go saucer-wide when you dump Jagermeister and heavy cream in the mixing tin. Top it off with Not Your Father's root beer and it tastes just like a root beer float.

Trick is, you gotta give the Jager and cream a really good dry shake to build up air in the mix before you add ice and shake again. Makes it really creamy and smooth, like melted ice cream, and not just "we dumped creamer in Jager oh god what have we done".

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Bees on Wheat posted:

I used to work at a bar, and I would make something I liked to call "Jagershakes" for friends. Partly because of the name, and partly because it's fun to see someone's eyes go saucer-wide when you dump Jagermeister and heavy cream in the mixing tin. Top it off with Not Your Father's root beer and it tastes just like a root beer float.

Trick is, you gotta give the Jager and cream a really good dry shake to build up air in the mix before you add ice and shake again. Makes it really creamy and smooth, like melted ice cream, and not just "we dumped creamer in Jager oh god what have we done".

That sounds like an incredibly high risk to reward ratio there.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
Bacardi Limon is virtually tasteless in Mountain Dew and the reason my friend is no longer allowed into Pleasure Island at Disneyworld

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I actually like fake crab, but why is it plain

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheKennedys posted:

Bacardi Limon is virtually tasteless in Mountain Dew and the reason my friend is no longer allowed into Pleasure Island at Disneyworld

That and that pleasure island doesn't exist anymore

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Randaconda posted:

I actually like fake crab, but why is it plain

Some fake crab I've had in Asia is real good and hardly distinguishable from actual crab.

I'm guessing from context those are ingredients to be put in/on something?

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Grand Fromage posted:

Some fake crab I've had in Asia is real good and hardly distinguishable from actual crab.

Yeah that looks like some sort of salad bar situation

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

probably one of those diy hot pot places (you pick out all the stuff you want in a bowl, take it to the counter to weigh it up and ask for it to be cooked with soup/style of your choice)

e: I did not notice those gummi bears or whatever at the bottom.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I am pretty aure that is a vegetable medley of peas, corn and carrot bits.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

marshmallow creep posted:

I am pretty aure that is a vegetable medley of peas, corn and carrot bits.

those are clearly jujubees

e:

Plinkey has a new favorite as of 02:24 on Oct 3, 2019

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's a hand actually

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
There's some burning issues going on in that top bun and that plate is way too small, but I'd eat those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Grand Fromage posted:

It’s usually unprofitable whitefish mixed with crab essence. The essence of the crab is what makes a crab an individual in a vast community of superficially similar crabs. It’s all their beliefs and resignations, their unique dreams and ideals, plus nonspecific whitefish (usually pollock). Good fake crab is a matter of agreeable personality and assholes and shits-for-brain crab are significantly more abundant in general.